Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,723Posts
    • 37,342Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2535
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 13th Oct 18, 8:25 AM
    • 465 Posts
    • 3,988 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Good morning all!

It's very windy here this morning.

Scamps, that sounds awful :-(.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 13th Oct 18, 8:33 AM
    • 3,480 Posts
    • 51,432 Thanks
    elainemn
    I am now up to date with my paperwork. All receipts uploaded for cashback, my final APGs sorted ready to spend and my plans for today ready. I am also going on a T mag hunt. Should I have another cuppa before I attack the bathrooms?

Just read the double up T&C's - i had not realised they have put the vouchers up to 50 this year which is good. I have a good amount to spend this year and plan to get a lot of xmas pressies, so need to be organised and early to get the right sizes.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Oct 18, 8:47 AM
    • 20,246 Posts
    • 214,420 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, in the time it took for me to catch up it's gone from grey out front and bright out back to grey all over And it has literally just started raining again! Very hard too. Didn't get below 17 degrees here overnight

Hope this rain doesn't last long, need to get out before ds comes, supposedly popping in to print something off, really haven't got the time because that normally means he will be hanging around for a couple of hours. I do not have that couple of hours today, I have the stock room and the other spare bedroom to sort out today
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • gymbo
    • By gymbo 13th Oct 18, 8:55 AM
    • 119 Posts
    • 1,797 Thanks
    gymbo
    I am now up to date with my paperwork. All receipts uploaded for cashback, my final APGs sorted ready to spend and my plans for today ready. I am also going on a T mag hunt. Should I have another cuppa before I attack the bathrooms?

Just read the double up T&C's - i had not realised they have put the vouchers up to 50 this year which is good. I have a good amount to spend this year and plan to get a lot of xmas pressies, so need to be organised and early to get the right sizes.
    Originally posted by elainemn
    Morning, I know you are in the NE, not sure how far you are hunting but there were magazines in the Stoc**ton Superstore and Sou*hBa**k one yesterday hth
    • gocat
    • By gocat 13th Oct 18, 9:43 AM
    • 5,347 Posts
    • 61,470 Thanks
    gocat
    Morning all

Ordered 2 front fastening bras from d@m@rt for my upcoming op and they are too small Have to pay postage to send them back
    However got a free fleece tweed effect coat with it that I like very much. Do I have to return the free gift too or just the goods I paid for.
    Anyone done this before.
    Looks like will have to pay a trip to MnS now
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 13th Oct 18, 9:44 AM
    • 2,855 Posts
    • 32,121 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good morning .....

What crazy weather we are having.....I stepped outside thinking because it is windy that it might be a bit chilly......It is warmer outside than in the house....Opened all the windows to get the benefit of the warm weather...
    37 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Oct 18, 10:03 AM
    • 2,548 Posts
    • 30,443 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Only the one?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    One per day for the offer period 17th to 31st October
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Oct 18, 10:06 AM
    • 2,548 Posts
    • 30,443 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    from mag also
    1 off magnum vegan
    Currently reduced to 2, so 1 per pack
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Oct 18, 10:09 AM
    • 30,282 Posts
    • 431,778 Thanks
    tweets
    Good luck finding the mags tweets
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I found the mags they had loads in 2 different places so got a few Will be dissecting them later this afternoon .
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Oct 18, 10:11 AM
    • 20,246 Posts
    • 214,420 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Am I the only one that sits on a bench outside Ts and tears the coupons out, and dumps the mags in their bins? Mind you, I do have to walk home.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Oct 18, 10:12 AM
    • 2,548 Posts
    • 30,443 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Magnum vegan
    PS on offer at 2 until 29/10 and coupoin valid until 13 Nov
    • pippo
    • By pippo 13th Oct 18, 10:16 AM
    • 3,496 Posts
    • 36,275 Thanks
    pippo
    Off for flu jab. Back later xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    Spooky - that's what I'm doing shortly!

Surgery is near a Ts so a mag hunt for me too.
    Froctober!
    Actual money spent 40.01
    Less
    Winnings 23.60
    plus Q + TCB wins - 3.70 plus cash for clothes 2.89
    NSDs - 13!
    • altojack
    • By altojack 13th Oct 18, 10:26 AM
    • 9,227 Posts
    • 127,139 Thanks
    altojack
    Am I the only one that sits on a bench outside Ts and tears the coupons out, and dumps the mags in their bins? Mind you, I do have to walk home.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    No you're not on your own. I'm on the other end of the bench
    There's no place like home

Clearing Stash of Freebies and Samples of beauty products
    1st Feb 2017/18 Out 255 In 67
    1st Feb 2018/19 Out 88 In 27
    • altojack
    • By altojack 13th Oct 18, 10:29 AM
    • 9,227 Posts
    • 127,139 Thanks
    altojack
    Spooky - that's what I'm doing shortly!

Surgery is near a Ts so a mag hunt for me too.
    Originally posted by pippo

Well I had mine and I'm now sweating, face all shiny . Because I'm over 65 I get a special new flu jab. I hate needles but this wasn't too bad. I didn't bleed this time

• altojack
    • By altojack 13th Oct 18, 10:33 AM
    • 9,227 Posts
    • 127,139 Thanks
    altojack
    My local Mr T has the mags. I picked up 3 on Wednesday and Mr AJ got 3 yesterday. I don't like the baked crisps but ds4 does. He is no further on finding a new flat the two of them haven't made much of an effort saving up. I can see they will be still be here at Chris the end of the year.

• tweets
    • By tweets 13th Oct 18, 10:33 AM
    • 30,282 Posts
    • 431,778 Thanks
    tweets
    I have before now but got taxi home had mine and mums shopping so bags heavy .
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • altojack
    • By altojack 13th Oct 18, 10:35 AM
    • 9,227 Posts
    • 127,139 Thanks
    altojack
    Scamps , did you say your wife was paid this money? Why isn't she the one they are after for repayment? It seems so wrong.

• pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 13th Oct 18, 10:53 AM
    • 2,980 Posts
    • 39,079 Thanks
    pacifica9
    No you're not on your own. I'm on the other end of the bench
    Originally posted by altojack
    Budge up you two.

The wind is really picking up again this morning. Stay safe.

Kettle's on........
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller

Froctober: 35.04 NSD 13/31
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Oct 18, 10:54 AM
    • 2,548 Posts
    • 30,443 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    A wee hint for newbies about Tosser mag coupons. Ones you you think are useless, KEEP THEM until expiry. Tosser sometimes overlap price reductions and the coupons. So a coupon that seems uselss might become useful before they expire, so keep them. Also in the past some have scanned for higher amounts or scan for other products too.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Oct 18, 11:11 AM
    • 2,548 Posts
    • 30,443 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Both, Now that UC has finally kicked in, apparenly my wife was overpaid child tax credits and I have to pay half!( not my son)

I haven;t worked since 2011 from an accident, to my legs.

They're chasing me for the overpayment and I only get 225 a month whilst my my ex gets 1400.

I aint got a clue what todo!!!
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    As others have said, don't worry,get proper advice.

Without APG, maybe get into coupons and competitions.
    princes tuna for free
    https://www.princes.co.uk/digitalfillers/

Tosser mag fro crisps

You could possibly sell each on 50p per or even 2 for 1.50

Wish my Tossers sold the prince's, would save visiting another store and I could get 2 in 1 shop.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,245Posts Today

7,996Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin