Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,710Posts
    • 37,214Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2531
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 12th Oct 18, 6:10 PM
    • 20,610 Posts
    • 267,643 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    GC opp.?

Perhaps have a look at the SELs and the product that you have in stock for A's Bin Liners as there are new ranges of at least some of them and I think there is scope for confusion. For example, if you have stock of Extra Strong Tall Kitchen Liners 50 litres but the only SEL you have is one for Strong Tall Kitchen Liners 50 litres at 3 underneath them and no stock of the 'old' strong tall kitchen liners, the extra strong kitchen liners are 4 but the SELs may suggest they are 3. There may be others on different litres that may be mixed up, with staff putting the old SELs and pricing for the older range products as if it applied to the new products that are more expensive than the SEL price.

I had 3 underneath one of my products that is 4; however I also had 4 SEL on the shelf and couldn't be sure that I could say that was an overcharge as they may go back to shelf and see the 4 SEL and the stock on that section of the shelf first. I'm also looking at BCs of products and they are different on the SELs, therefore relate to other products than the stock I have, however most people do not go into this level of detail and may think the 4 product really was 3 when the SEL next to some of its stock says that: problem is I have other stock of the same product elsewhere and 4 showing - no stock is 3. In my other store, I did have 3 stock product and 3 SEL for that but, again, some potential confusion as to whether that also related to Extra Strong liners that, at this point, did not have a SEL. On balance, again I've concluded I can't say there would be an overcharge as 3 SEL clearly - but that is to myself, looking at it in detail - is the 3 product and the 3 label does not relate to the non-SEL product that, judging by my first store, will go through at 4. However yet again I am into the detail of looking at BCs printed on SELs, which many customers may miss. As I've found issues over the 4 product lacking a SEL or having a 3 SEL for a different product that isn't it underneath it, in two different stores, it's possible there is wider confusion across A and that, depending on how your shelves look, what products are or are not there and what SELs you have and what they say - and could be some issue over different litre capacity ones beyond the two I was looking at - you could claim an overcharge as it looks like the SEL applies to a product that is actually higher priced. There are also some cheaper SELs that I have on some new products here in one of the stores that appear to be cheaper priced - you don't want to be messing with those - however they are not there in every store, so if you don't have the cheaper price SEL for a new product but your store has an older product SEL but stock of a new product that is higher priced than that...

EDIT: Gosh I have gone into a lot of detail again in that last paragraph - more than I thought. I had a brief summary in my mind but I just waffle when I write. Hope it is clear.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 12-10-2018 at 6:17 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting), post 704 onwards. Frozen at 26th September - A and M prices, no Avs M available.
    • Forgetful
    • By Forgetful 12th Oct 18, 6:15 PM
    • 1,683 Posts
    • 9,740 Thanks
    Forgetful
    Cashmillon, aka Acrylic.
    My wardrobe consists of sizes 8 - 24!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    My BIL is even funnier... he wears size ...shoes ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,
    Hes got funny feet so they all fit!!!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Oct 18, 6:16 PM
    • 3,362 Posts
    • 34,799 Thanks
    curl girl
    I read somewhere that it's the 12th to 18th Nov.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • mattswife
    • By mattswife 12th Oct 18, 7:02 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 735 Thanks
    mattswife
    Morning All

Is this COS rrp a special thing? I don't have it

Anyway ... the Oppo ice cream is only 3 in Asda and 2.25 back on COS/CS Has anyone bought it before? Just wondering if the flavour appears on the receipt?
    Originally posted by pk04
    they didnt have any in my asda but sounds a bit posh for ours lol. tesco have the Boxed ready meals for 3 with half back and you can get one of each.
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 12th Oct 18, 7:05 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 9,300 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Hello, hello, hello

Hope everyones got that Friday night feeling

Bargainqueen thank you for the PM
    Home made limoncello here we come
    I'm in "Partial remission"
    • mattswife
    • By mattswife 12th Oct 18, 7:08 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 735 Thanks
    mattswife
    Anyone who has Quidco premium please can you explain the benefits - is it really worth 5 a year?.

They have sent me an email which says "bonus cashback worth 50 a year" - but is that a certainty or is it a best guess and only really applies to the highest spenders eg people who book hotels and train trips for work trips etc ..
    Originally posted by mhoc
    dunno about the extra cashback business but it seems to pay out on some retailers really quickly, like just eat pay out a day or so later ive noticed.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 12th Oct 18, 7:28 PM
    • 2,968 Posts
    • 38,978 Thanks
    pacifica9
    I read somewhere that it's the 12th to 18th Nov.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    You are correct. Exchange online 29th Oct - 4th Nov or in store 5th - 18th Nov. Spend vouchers in store 12th - 18th Nov.

Good evening peeps. A tad breezy today!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller

Froctober: 18.47 NSD 12/31
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 12th Oct 18, 7:36 PM
    • 1,846 Posts
    • 24,694 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    Hello, hello, hello

Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone

no probs,i look forward to hearing about the result.i may have to have a glass tonight.
    the doggies are so cute,
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 18, 7:39 PM
    • 28,241 Posts
    • 386,802 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    In the true spirit of Christmas Froctober.

I thought I would finish up the mince pies.

What I didn't realise was that they were dated January 2017.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 12th Oct 18, 7:41 PM
    • 2,968 Posts
    • 38,978 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good morning all

TM you are on a roll with all these good buys Thanks

Did I say I am with my new fitted wardrobes Ok to some this may be strange but it means lots of decluttering of old clothes has been done and its all out of the loft Normally summer/winter rotation

I have been collecting "stuff" for my friends xmas fayre only to discover a lot will not be required Its too good a bargain and acnt go in as it exceeds the value of the general bag The blind bags that I was sooooooooo looking forward to making up will not be happening She can use some of it so thinking cap on as I need to clear some of it

I will come back for suggestions once I have improvised on some plans

Take care and stay safe
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Evening Mrs M.

Do you have a local shopping centre? We have a similar issue but our shopping centre manager has kindly agreed to give us some space, free of charge, for us run a tombola stall to raise extra funds. Might this be an option for you?
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller

• pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 12th Oct 18, 7:42 PM
    • 2,968 Posts
    • 38,978 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Hello, hello, hello

Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    Bless. Do you now have to sit on the floor?

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 18, 7:42 PM
    • 28,241 Posts
    • 386,802 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    We had the free garden gourmet pieces for tea tonight, used a jar of sweet and sour sauce (dated 2014 ) and it was actually quite tasty.

Still have the mince, burgers and vegetable bakes to go.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Oct 18, 8:00 PM
    • 52,996 Posts
    • 628,868 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Only back just over an hr from the hospital, still a waiting game , need to have MRI scan
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 4 lb
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 12th Oct 18, 8:15 PM
    • 2,968 Posts
    • 38,978 Thanks
    pacifica9
    We had the free garden gourmet pieces for tea tonight, used a jar of sweet and sour sauce (dated 2014 ) and it was actually quite tasty.

Still have the mince, burgers and vegetable bakes to go.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Advice please oh Queen of Cheese. How long does mozzarella (the Tesco ones in the little plastic bag) keep past it's date please?

• finlay
    • By finlay 12th Oct 18, 8:27 PM
    • 359 Posts
    • 1,388 Thanks
    finlay
    I regularly freeze mozzarella in bags and it is fine.
    Snootchie Bootchies!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Oct 18, 8:27 PM
    • 36,248 Posts
    • 494,165 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good evening paw sniffers

Still working my way through the ready meals

I think I bought them for emergencies but in future if there's an emergency I will have beans on toast

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Oct 18, 8:29 PM
    • 36,248 Posts
    • 494,165 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Originally posted by finlay
    Finlay

Where have you been?

Off for a catch up
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 18, 8:30 PM
    • 28,241 Posts
    • 386,802 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Advice please oh Queen of Cheese. How long does mozzarella (the Tesco ones in the little plastic bag) keep past it's date please?
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    It's usually good for at least couple of weeks but funnily enough it is one of the cheese that I have had go off.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Oct 18, 8:31 PM
    • 28,241 Posts
    • 386,802 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    That's good to know, I have never tried freezing it.

• pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 12th Oct 18, 8:31 PM
    • 2,968 Posts
    • 38,978 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Thanks finlay. Do you freeze in the original bag or drain off the liquid and re-bag please?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,764Posts Today

8,386Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Agreed but by marketing it as cough specific people think there's something extra so they buy this rather than gene? https://t.co/hATY3W8Yia

• Good news for those aggressively criticising this poll and trying to pull it apart. I've just got off a 3 way call? https://t.co/Pu750aktyg

• a) I dont believe it is misleading b) I don't believe my poll is badly worded, and certainly don't know it is. If? https://t.co/0DduzIaHBk

• Follow Martin