Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,646Posts
    • 37,083Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2376
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 15th Sep 18, 10:36 PM
    • 20,404 Posts
    • 265,897 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Vs W (not Northern Ireland)
    1x Aunt Bessie's Mini Homestyle Roasties (700g) 2.00 1.02
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 704-707 inclusive; "Buy in M": post 707 onwards.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 15th Sep 18, 11:31 PM
    • 2,717 Posts
    • 31,250 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Hello,
    what an awful 3 weeks I have had in RL
    after having a lovely 3 days in London babysitting, going to mr man roadshow acquiring several books and vitamin tablets, being a 'local' if only to tell tourists directions and having a good journey home.. we had a phone call.
    a dear friend and former work colleague of DH passed away, it was very unexpected, he had bowel cancer which he beat and was waiting for a reversal op, but he died of ischemic heart disease we have been friends with them for over 40 years, although they moved several years ago we have had regular visits and catch ups and going to the respective childrens weddings.
    He was 72, the other friend in the trio with my DH, who were godparents to our children passed away 8 years ago he was 68
    so just my DH left
    This latest passing has really knocked the stuffing from me and ive found it difficult to focus on what I should be.... Is it selfish of me thinking how I would cope in the same situation,? I know I would survive but I know I wouldn't cope, I know that sounds very negative, I have been very aware of life and don't take things for granted, probably due to over 30years working and caring for the elderly and palliative on community for the nhs.
    The funeral is this coming week in Worcester at the crem, so a long drive, I in the normal way that would have been ok, but after having my 3 nights down in London this week the 2nd night my blow up mattress sprung a leak so from 1am I was on the settee, and by gum that was uncomfortable
    I awoke from probably an hours sleep finding I ached in every bone in my body...far more than usual and had a headache, putting both down to lack of sleep.
    I drove home in good time at lunchtime only taking 2 hrs 20 mins, I felt fine whilst driving got out of the car and I was so stiff I didn't how to move, so within 1/2 hr of being home I was in bed. nausea, temp, swollen glands and tonsils, headache felt dreadful and like that for 3 days, dosing up on brufen and paracetamol and copious amounts of water. I still feel rough but far from well my throat is the main problem when swallowing, but heyho ill get over it
    So I have now cancelled going to my nieces daughter christening, and cancelled London for 1 night as I don't think id have the energy to drive about 800 miles in 3 days to include babysitting, a christening a funeral and 2 nights away, 1 in London on 'the uncomfortable settee' and 1 in a t.lodge at stratford upon avon before the funeral in worcester
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 15th Sep 18, 11:39 PM
    • 2,717 Posts
    • 31,250 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    today we receive some devastating news, my tearaway GS who lives with us, his uncle passed away from an epileptic seizure, although gs hasn't seen any of that side (including his own father) since he was about 3, plesentaries have often been exchanged between gs and his other nan, so the door has always been left open. The uncle was only 40 lived and worked abroad so an awful ordeal for his mum to sort the arrangements out as uncle wasn't married but had a gf
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 15th Sep 18, 11:49 PM
    • 2,717 Posts
    • 31,250 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    feeling so unwell myself I haven't had laptop etc on for a few days, so hopefully ive caught up now, shame its so late as I would have loved a coffee from Pacifica....oh well better get one myself I suppose (decaff this time of night!!)

I like many others are disappointed the apg is going, but I hardly use to get any wombles anyway, but it ...sorry the elite...has taught me a different way of shopping between the other supermarkets and how to use moc s to their full potential which I will still implement. I would have be good to have had 1 last biggie glitch before it ended,
    we will wait and see
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 15th Sep 18, 11:52 PM
    • 2,717 Posts
    • 31,250 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    I did win 25 from ernie a couple of weeks ago
    and I have the boys (GSs) back home with me tomorrow week for a week which will be great...de+dil are going to france and have tickets to the ryder cup
    so not all doom and gloom in my RL
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 15th Sep 18, 11:53 PM
    • 2,717 Posts
    • 31,250 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    JTS

your signature is the best news x
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 16th Sep 18, 12:02 AM
    • 2,932 Posts
    • 38,674 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Hillbern, so sorry you've had such an awful time. Hopefully the bad news is all behind you now. Hope you feel better soon.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 16th Sep 18, 5:33 AM
    • 2,440 Posts
    • 29,484 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    O3 Screenwash
    Still available today for those who haven't picked it up yet. 2 litre, I was lucky and was given two 5 litre ones instead
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 16th Sep 18, 6:53 AM
    • 3,426 Posts
    • 50,954 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning everyone. Hillbern, sorry you have had such as a bad time recently, hopefully you'll feel better soon.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Sep 18, 7:32 AM
    • 30,068 Posts
    • 430,225 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning :Hello:

HILLBERN (((X)))
    Lost 3st-12.5lb
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 16th Sep 18, 8:01 AM
    • 3,889 Posts
    • 39,732 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning.

Hillbern, sorry you've had such a rough time. Who's house is it you stay at when you go baby sitting? I thought it was your sons until you said you slept on an air bed.

Gusto didn't disappoint again last night, we had burritos yum yum.
    Tonight is chicken tray bake, all I've added is some extra chicken but I stand corrected the portions are plenty big enough. Tbh I think I still cook the same amount as when dd was at home but I usually have some left over which I take to work the next day. As I said to sunflower last night as we exchanged food photos, if only we could always get them at this price we would never need to shop
    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations
    Froctober 0.00 NSD 0/31
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 16th Sep 18, 8:13 AM
    • 4,269 Posts
    • 47,027 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Sunday.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 16th Sep 18, 8:24 AM
    • 35,898 Posts
    • 491,133 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning paw sniffers

So sorry to hear your news Hillbern. I suspected there was something up when you hadn't posted for a little while
    It sounds like the death of your friend has knocked you for six and being ill yourself you just don't cope in the way you would if you were ok
    I honestly don't know how you cope with all the long distance driving. Your life is a million miles an hour Hope you take some time to make a full recovery before you start up again

Hugs to you and mr hillbilly x
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Sep 18, 8:24 AM
    • 30,068 Posts
    • 430,225 Thanks
    tweets
    hornetgirl was yesterday's smartest player!

24 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Sunday): General Knowledge 1 : Very Easy
    Lost 3st-12.5lb
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 16th Sep 18, 8:27 AM
    • 35,898 Posts
    • 491,133 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Today I am planning my " best ever " roast dinner

I'm even cooking the carrots in oranges

Just on with the veg now

Goodness it's windy today
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 16th Sep 18, 8:34 AM
    • 533 Posts
    • 8,921 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Good morning shipmates

Hugs to HILLBERN Please look after yourself

My legs are stiff this morning, must be due to spending 2 hours up a stepladder in the garage, replacing a single light socket with an LED strip light. I thought it would take 30 minutes, but there's always unexpected complications when I do DIY
    Last edited by Jeremiah T Stone; 16-09-2018 at 8:37 AM.
    I'm in "Partial remission"
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 16th Sep 18, 8:36 AM
    • 6,878 Posts
    • 91,839 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Hillbern, so sorry to hear your news. You need to look after yourself aswell, sounds like you are running yourself round in circles.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 16th Sep 18, 8:45 AM
    • 533 Posts
    • 8,921 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone

Just on with the veg now

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    That's a coincidence, I have a huge, free range organic chicken for today's roast - most expensive chicken I've ever bought, so expections are high. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

I may as well try my most expensive cheddar tonight. I made it last March and it has been maturing nicely in my "cave" Taking into consideration the cost of the kit ( I haven't made any more since ) it works out over 100 per kilo
    I'm in "Partial remission"
    • mattswife
    • By mattswife 16th Sep 18, 8:52 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 340 Thanks
    mattswife
    i always cook my roast chicken on a beer can, we have a stand for it but you could probably do it without. drink a 3rd of the beer and put fresh herbs in the can, mount (lol) the chicken on the can, give the skin a rub with a little oil, garlic and rosemary and stick it in the oven. it falls off the bone, makes the best crispy skin and its soooo moist (sorry).
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 16th Sep 18, 8:58 AM
    • 10,270 Posts
    • 117,341 Thanks
    emerald21

Just on with the veg now

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Can I come please

Good Morning all , not much good at bootsale today
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

395Posts Today

3,377Users online

Martin's Twitter