Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,641Posts
    • 37,083Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2369
    • michaels
    • By michaels 14th Sep 18, 1:56 PM
    • 21,243 Posts
    • 98,361 Thanks
    michaels
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Today's Top Cat is goCat and today's Officer Dibble is.....
    Cool heads and compromise
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Sep 18, 2:29 PM
    • 17,660 Posts
    • 212,794 Thanks
    mhoc
    what is Kantar and why have I missed it?

And do I have to look on the referral board to find the answer
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 14th Sep 18, 2:34 PM
    • 283 Posts
    • 2,361 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    what is Kantar and why have I missed it?

And do I have to look on the referral board to find the answer

It's a posting tracker exercise. Or, at least the stuff I do is. Basically you spend your time posting little tracking chips to people, and receiving them in the post. It's not too time consuming and you get paid in stamps.

Or, everyone else might be talking about something different! I don't get any 1am emails.
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 14th Sep 18, 2:35 PM
    • 283 Posts
    • 2,361 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Here you go:

https://kantartnspostpanel.com/landing-private.html
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th Sep 18, 2:40 PM
    • 17,660 Posts
    • 212,794 Thanks
    mhoc
    So we went to Costa for free coffees - on the plus side they have finally fixed their till so the receipts print nicely but the staff are still so rude.
    The girl said to me no we don't put points on your card if its a free one and I said you always have done and then another staff told her to scan the points card

The new problem with this costa is that it is in a very old building and it has damp under one of the windows. Today because it was warm and muggy inside the damp smell was even worse and you could smell it everywhere - urgh

Then we took the 2 bags of rucksacs and jackets and 2 dragons to the charity shop.
    OH said "look they have sold all of the magazines I brought in"
    He is convinced and no reasoning will tell him otherwise.
    More than likely they are still in store upstairs somewhere and wont come down until there is a space which is going to be sometime never - they wont want 3 huge bag fulls of decades old magazines stacked in a corner somewhere making the shop look trashy..
    And even if they did put them on display they wont have had a massive rush to buy tatty old magazines in the last week.
    Or they are in a skip already.

We are gift aided so I get emails when something sells and that is not likely to happen anytime soon.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 14th Sep 18, 2:47 PM
    • 3,877 Posts
    • 39,604 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good afternoon shipmates

I'm so excited - I posted a pic a couple of months ago of a beautiful dragonfly laying her eggs in my pond.
    Well, they have hatched and I can see lots of dragonfly nymphs living amongst the pond plants

Every time I try to de-clutter, I start with my sock drawer, but never get any further
    My wardrobe is a mess - including a leather jacket I bought in Turkey and haven't worn for 25+ years

But I have a really neat sock drawer
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    We want to downsize so I'm finding it really easy to declutter.
    You should do your wardrobe you'll be amazed at what you find.

How lovely baby Dragon flies.
    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations
    Froctober 0.00 NSD 0/31
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 14th Sep 18, 2:56 PM
    • 10,265 Posts
    • 117,299 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good afternoon shipmates

I'm so excited - I posted a pic a couple of months ago of a beautiful dragonfly laying her eggs in my pond.
    Well, they have hatched and I can see lots of dragonfly nymphs living amongst the pond plants

Every time I try to de-clutter, I start with my sock drawer, but never get any further
    My wardrobe is a mess - including a leather jacket I bought in Turkey and haven't worn for 25+ years

But I have a really neat sock drawer
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    Well we ll let you off then
    • nova_dee
    • By nova_dee 14th Sep 18, 3:02 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 664 Thanks
    nova_dee
    Fairfx
    Hello,

A very good day to all... I am one of your lurkers but I haven't been for quite some time except for the time when fairfx was mentioned. I managed to buy the voucher from groupon but I wasn't able to go to fairfx as soon as I should because it asked for identification and I don't have internet access for the last week so it is only now that was I able to go back to their website. The 5 amount you can buy is now upped to 50. I don't mind spending the 20 to get a 50 everywhere card but my worries is can I use the everywhere card everywhere or where can I use the card? Is it an ordinary card like a credit card? Any advise will be very much appreciated - before I purchase Thanks in advance
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 14th Sep 18, 3:05 PM
    • 3,877 Posts
    • 39,604 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Well my gusto box has arrived and I'm very impressed.

Well at 3+ I'm impressed if I'd paid 30 I wouldn't be as chuffed.
    So tonight were having chicken chow Mein I've added a chicken fillet and some more mange tout but I doubt there will be any left for tomorrow's lunch.
    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations
    Froctober 0.00 NSD 0/31
    • aau1
    • By aau1 14th Sep 18, 3:52 PM
    • 18,868 Posts
    • 326,126 Thanks
    aau1
    So we went to Costa for free coffees - on the plus side they have finally fixed their till so the receipts print nicely but the staff are still so rude.
    The girl said to me no we don't put points on your card if its a free one and I said you always have done and then another staff told her to scan the points card
    When they try that with me i just ask for a receipt and then immediately pass the receipt back that says "you could have earned x points" and get them to add them on
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Sep 18, 3:54 PM
    • 52,862 Posts
    • 627,851 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 lb
    • gocat
    • By gocat 14th Sep 18, 4:01 PM
    • 5,295 Posts
    • 61,061 Thanks
    gocat

So tonight were having chicken chow Mein I've added a chicken fillet and some more mange tout but I doubt there will be any left for tomorrow's lunch.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Dont think I will be getting a guosto box. I signed up via TCB bonus. But neither is tracking. I got an email to say my order will be delivered toda, but Gousto hasnt taken the money from my card. And I cant even log into my gousto account to check if I have an order there. Have emailed them several times and they just say there is a bug they are sorting.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 14th Sep 18, 4:02 PM
    • 5,295 Posts
    • 61,061 Thanks
    gocat
    Hello,

A very good day to all... I am one of your lurkers but I haven't been for quite some time except for the time when fairfx was mentioned. I managed to buy the voucher from groupon but I wasn't able to go to fairfx as soon as I should because it asked for identification and I don't have internet access for the last week so it is only now that was I able to go back to their website. The 5 amount you can buy is now upped to 50. I don't mind spending the 20 to get a 50 everywhere card but my worries is can I use the everywhere card everywhere or where can I use the card? Is it an ordinary card like a credit card? Any advise will be very much appreciated - before I purchase Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by nova_dee
    Havent used mine yet but was told by someone here that you can use them anywhere where mastercard is accepted.
    hth
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 14th Sep 18, 4:36 PM
    • 10,265 Posts
    • 117,299 Thanks
    emerald21
    Hello,

Originally posted by nova_dee
    I used mine in Lidl but anywhere you can use a MasterCard so no worries. Yes it's like a credit card and when you receive it you have to phone up and activate it and they ll ask some questions and then give you a PIN number. It's an automated service though.
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 14th Sep 18, 4:45 PM
    • 519 Posts
    • 22,002 Thanks
    pandoraskids

Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    My box has also arrived & yes I am equally impressed but wouldn't pay 30 either - definitely won't be any left overs
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 14th Sep 18, 5:12 PM
    • 37,762 Posts
    • 158,956 Thanks
    silvercar
    It's a posting tracker exercise. Or, at least the stuff I do is. Basically you spend your time posting little tracking chips to people, and receiving them in the post. It's not too time consuming and you get paid in stamps.

Or, everyone else might be talking about something different! I don't get any 1am emails.
    Originally posted by Freewheeling

Thank you! I've successfully registered.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 14th Sep 18, 6:01 PM
    • 7,305 Posts
    • 60,140 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    I got my usual coffee, toastie & muffin at Costalot today, I had 3 Wonton codes, the guy on the till was training, and after I’d scanned two Wonton codes he passed me the receipt, and I left. Thought it odd so looked at the receipt he’d only put the coffee & muffin through.
    So I went through the drive thru and got another muffin and a caramel shortcake slice. Yumm!
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 14th Sep 18, 6:38 PM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 78,667 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Anyone doing the RM surveys - check the website now. I got the email at 1:05am, no invite there this morning or lunchtime, but just got on it now
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th Sep 18, 6:42 PM
    • 30,052 Posts
    • 430,112 Thanks
    tweets

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgeon. As
    she laid her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his
    stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest.
    After a moment or two, the vet
    shook his head and sadly said, "I'm sorry, your duck, Cuddles,
    has passed away."
    The distressed woman wailed,
    "Are you sure?"
    "Yes, I am sure. Your duck is dead," replied
    the vet..
    "How can you be so sure?" she
    protested. "I mean you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or
    something."
    The vet rolled his eyes, turned
    around and left the room. He returned a few minutes later
    with a black Labrador Retriever. As the duck's owner looked on
    in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his
    front paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from
    top to bottom. He then looked up at the vet with sad eyes and
    shook his head.
    The vet patted the dog on the
    head and took it out of the room. A few minutes later he
    returned with a cat. The cat jumped on the table and also
    delicately sniffed the bird from head to foot. The cat sat
    back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and
    strolled out of the room.
    The vet looked at the
    woman and said, "I'm sorry, but as I said, this is most
    definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck."
    The vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and
    produced a bill, which he handed to the woman..
    The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "150!" she
    cried, "150 just to tell me my duck is dead!"
    The vet shrugged, "I'm sorry. If you had just taken my word for it,
    the bill would have been 20, but with the Lab Report and the
    Cat Scan, it's now 150."
    Lost 3st-12.5lb
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 14th Sep 18, 6:44 PM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 78,667 Thanks
    Chrisv
    A v T
    2x Quality Street Chocolate Tub (720g) 8.00 N/A
    1x Cadbury Roses Chocolate Tub (660g) 4.00 N/A
    1x Celebrations Chocolate Tub (650g) 4.00 5.00
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,996Posts Today

8,837Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin