Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,829Posts
    • 37,588Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2196
    • glitter_bug
    • By glitter_bug 12th Aug 18, 8:44 AM
    • 251 Posts
    • 3,616 Thanks
    glitter_bug
    Good Morning
    Wet and cold here this morning
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Aug 18, 8:50 AM
    • 36,903 Posts
    • 500,127 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    your at about 28 with that lot, assuming you get coffee + 2 mags + paper
    so get the Bahlsen Hit Cocoa Creme 220g on cos/cs at b1g1f thats your 2
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Thanks zippy

Theres a lot of fruit on 342.....that should work too shouldn't it?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Aug 18, 8:51 AM
    • 36,903 Posts
    • 500,127 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning Dgd stayed last night so we've been up since 6am, we are currently dancing to her favourite song by George Ezra thank goodness our neighbours are old and deaf.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Apparently he burps 59seconds into Shotgun but I can't hear it

Morning paw sniffers
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 12th Aug 18, 8:55 AM
    • 3,612 Posts
    • 52,768 Thanks
    elainemn
    There is a 2.50 bonus on Quidco today when you spend 10. Good if you are buying anyway, remember to opt in. Ebay is excluded.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Aug 18, 8:57 AM
    • 36,903 Posts
    • 500,127 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Long time lurker...just came on to say a big thank you to Braveheart for posting the Sun Blackpool codes. Missed out on one, had a guess, booked and we had a fab day out, thank you again!
    Wish I had a great deal to add.missing DeeDee, Tiger white, nikkilala, and so many other posters from here.
    Originally posted by RinderCella
    Folk move on Rindercella....they may have stuff going on in life that needs their full attention...you can't hold back the sea of change.....

that's deep for this time on a Sunday morning
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 12th Aug 18, 8:58 AM
    • 618 Posts
    • 5,437 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    The 4pk Cirio tomatoes are 50% back on Shopmium and 2 in Morries :-).

I ordered the free wine yesterday, thank you!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Aug 18, 8:58 AM
    • 36,903 Posts
    • 500,127 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    There is a 2.50 bonus on Quidco today when you spend 10. Good if you are buying anyway, remember to opt in. Ebay is excluded.
    Originally posted by elainemn
    Thanks for the reminder elaine

I've just been looking back at my Quidco history and had a fair few of these declined in the past. I need to double check which retailers haven't been paying out
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 12th Aug 18, 9:00 AM
    • 36,903 Posts
    • 500,127 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Bubbs....what laundry stuff did you get from W on your last shop?

I can't see anything. Probably offers finished
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Aug 18, 9:04 AM
    • 53,622 Posts
    • 633,522 Thanks
    bubbs
    Bubbs....what laundry stuff did you get from W on your last shop?

I can't see anything. Probably offers finished
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Morning all
    Persil and vanish
    Edit
    Just looked persil is 2 for 6 now
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 3 1/2 lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Aug 18, 9:15 AM
    • 53,622 Posts
    • 633,522 Thanks
    bubbs
    https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/waitrose-costa-rican-ground-coffee-medium/016622-7987-7988

If I bought 8 of these a newspaper and a magazine could i use my 6 off 30 making them about 1.25 each? Could be tempted out later if my calculations are correct.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Yes thats about right
    Thanks for this sent it to my sister as she has yet more coupons and only said the other day she needed coffee and she only drinks ground xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Anon
    • By Anon 12th Aug 18, 9:26 AM
    • 13,633 Posts
    • 152,229 Thanks
    Anon
    The 4pk Cirio tomatoes are 50% back on Shopmium and 2 in Morries :-).

I ordered the free wine yesterday, thank you!
    Originally posted by Freewheeling
    Thank you - which free wine please? I have obviously missed something (again ).

Anon
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Aug 18, 9:34 AM
    • 20,563 Posts
    • 216,866 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, raining on and off here.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Aug 18, 9:40 AM
    • 53,622 Posts
    • 633,522 Thanks
    bubbs
    Good morning all, raining on and off here.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    We have had alot of rain on and off last couple of days
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Aug 18, 10:18 AM
    • 20,563 Posts
    • 216,866 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    We have had alot of rain on and off last couple of days
    Originally posted by bubbs
    We had about half an inch on Friday, but we need a lot more to make a difference.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 12th Aug 18, 10:23 AM
    • 3,128 Posts
    • 40,461 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good morning Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    Just typical, blue skies for weeks and then at the peak of the Perseid meteor shower we get this! For anyone lucky enough to have clear skies tonight - look up!

Oh and kettle's on.......
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 12th Aug 18, 10:23 AM
    • 15,128 Posts
    • 239,948 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Thanks zippy

Theres a lot of fruit on 342.....that should work too shouldn't it?
    Yes .
    • gocat
    • By gocat 12th Aug 18, 10:38 AM
    • 5,404 Posts
    • 62,074 Thanks
    gocat
    Thanks for the reminder elaine

I've just been looking back at my Quidco history and had a fair few of these declined in the past. I need to double check which retailers haven't been paying out
    Morning

Thought the declined ones were ones u opted into but didnt use
    • redfox
    • By redfox 12th Aug 18, 11:51 AM
    • 13,829 Posts
    • 37,588 Thanks
    redfox
    when did coffee go up to 2.10 in waitrose. it makes it so much easier to get to the magic 10
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    the coffees in Waitrose have actually gone down in price (as a 'reward' for getting rid of disposable cups)

For example a latte used to be 2.35 but is now 2.10. The others have gone down by a corresponding amount.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 12th Aug 18, 1:01 PM
    • 618 Posts
    • 5,437 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Thank you - which free wine please? I have obviously missed something (again ).

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    This was the Majestic Wine Concierge Club .
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 12th Aug 18, 3:09 PM
    • 20,703 Posts
    • 268,446 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Beauty & Health continued
    2xOral B Complete Mouthwash Alcohol-Free - Fresh Mint (500ml)2.70x2 Any 2 for 3.00 Unable to find product in M this time.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    I have now managed to find this product in M. However, if my stores are anything like representative, I doubt this would now work. It disappeared from many stores over a few weeks leading into July and, by last time (about a month ago), I was unable to find it in my stores. I couldn't confirm whether the 2 for 3 offer was still on, although I suspected it probably would be continuing. I can confirm that the offer in M was still on as of Thursday (9th August), after I eventually found the product in a store with a straight 2.67 price SEL! Hopeless though, as I won't be able to track it from now on (unless it somehow reappears back at my regular/more regular stores). I was out on a day trip far away (on a very good day of lots of sunshine throughout) and won't be able to visit the relevant M again.

I think it's doubtful now if lots of people's experience is that it is no longer at their M. I actually think this is a lot safer:

Rum Chata Liqueur with Rum (500ml)

15.00 3.00 / 100ml

There seems no reason to me why this would not work, unless they have different weight formats (500ml vs 50cl) not married up. As bizarre as it may seem, I actually have more confidence in this than the Oral B mouthwash, due to the mouthwash no longer being readily available for me (was it ever readily available as I occasionally didn't have it somewhere?) but the Rum Chata being all over for me (with only one store, out of ten, having what seems to be an incorrect SEL - I have no idea that it is 5, although online is saying that, as I have not scanned it - although, given that nine stores are all displaying 5...), I would think it more likely to work. However, as ever, no guarantees.

The reason for the disparity in price seems to be that A has nearly doubled in price (from 8 to 15), as it already wasn't 10% cheaper so may as well stay that way, only even more blatantly, whilst M has done gown even further (both A and were at 8), now to 5.

I am now updating last Wednesday, which went into two days on a wider collection. However I missed about three weeks out so now have all of that to catch up with, as well the wider collection itself giving me more items to update, so it will probably take about a week (or possibly more) from now for me to complete the updating. It currently looks like I will be missing out Wednesday 15th and then going out to M for a lesser collection on 22nd, just to keep me up-to-date with most things. I'm unable to go out to the wider stores every time so will have to rely on online again at that time, and may just see a few things in the coming week if I happen to be at M.

As for the day trip (and then the M in the evening on the way back), I certainly happened to pick the one good day of the week, more by luck and eventually plumping for the one day. Just have to bite my lip and go for it! I was checking the weather as it's only now become a little more doubtful and originally the seaside town was forecast to be slightly better that day than where I live. Then it changed to being slightly worse. Then I checked the evening before I went and found the seaside had changed to sun, sun, sun, full sun all day whilst mine was now just on sunny intervals! I crossed a very brief period, not even five minutes, of drizzle whilst driving on the motorway as I crossed from my area of fair weather underneath a very short strip of cloud and soon out the other end to a very nice, even sunnier day all day.

EDIT: Obviously the liqueur I have for England and Wales only unfortunately as I have no idea of prices in Scotland. I do have some non-alcoholic items such as the Cow & Gate 6x55g pots packs on 1 in M - which I initially thought might be such a good offer (normal offer prices have been 1.50 before) that it might be off within a week - however I see that it is due on until 4th September, according to online, so I shan't rush to them, although I've now mentioned them anyway.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 12-08-2018 at 11:40 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

395Posts Today

2,404Users online

Martin's Twitter