Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,704Posts
    • 37,158Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2177
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Aug 18, 12:49 PM
    • 17,786 Posts
    • 213,767 Thanks
    mhoc
    I've been copying the moc onto a word document and printing that way so I don't waste ink on the advert bit.
    I've used one at T and Wilcos this morning they scanned fine.
    In my experience Asda are cwap to a high degree at taking coupons.

Thanks to all the advice about bed sheets I'll have a look.

Made a trip to T this morning, only saw a handful of reduced bedding, but was either oos or wrong size and don't think my teen lads would appreciate a floral duvet cover lol.
    On a lighter note, I remembered about the Happydown, had a look and bought 8, there was only 10 on the shelf.

..unfortunately they were all out of date. Refund given no probs, and 8 confirmed on cos already
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    My Mr T sadly only has Happy Downs now that are in date - the previous lot all went back to store. Afterwards we checked and we think the out of date ones went back onto the shelf
    Now though they seem to have a new batch
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 8th Aug 18, 1:39 PM
    • 433 Posts
    • 3,705 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Thanks izzey, I just went to A's and picked up quite a lot of almond and coconut milk :-).
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 8th Aug 18, 2:05 PM
    • 433 Posts
    • 3,705 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    I have free Walkers Poppables on Shoppmium at Co-op :-).
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 8th Aug 18, 2:22 PM
    • 10,343 Posts
    • 117,887 Thanks
    emerald21
    O2 Priority, I've finally got round to getting a sim with 10 on it.

Paid 6.60 from seller kiiko https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B001KPSSUI/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Can I ask if anyone knows if one sim will work in multiple handsets?
    Do you have to leave the sim in, or is it as before and can be removed once 'registered'?

It ll work in multiple hand sets but it ll be the same one as in once you ve used it the once in the one phone it will say used lol sorryyyy
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Aug 18, 2:25 PM
    • 13,329 Posts
    • 149,177 Thanks
    Anon

Paid 6.60 from seller kiiko https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B001KPSSUI/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Do you have to leave the sim in, or is it as before and can be removed once 'registered'?
    No, for 002 and 333 it uses the number to register the app - so only works on one phone (we have inadvertently - great word - used the same sim in 2 phones for 002 and the offer disappears when redeemed ).

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 08-08-2018 at 2:32 PM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Aug 18, 2:31 PM
    • 13,329 Posts
    • 149,177 Thanks
    Anon

Or request a free SIM through TCB for potentially 5.25 Cashback after adding 10 to activate the SIM and use the instructions here within 30 days of arrival/top up to potentially get another 10 credit:

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/o2-pay-and-go-10-pound-extra-credit-offer-terms-and-conditions

Register with Rewards for another 50p free.

HTH

Anon
    • durham05
    • By durham05 8th Aug 18, 2:49 PM
    • 1,985 Posts
    • 22,554 Thanks
    durham05
    Hi all just popping in to say hello while it is quiet at home.
    sure deep fitted sheets can be got from next & wash well
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Aug 18, 2:51 PM
    • 7,364 Posts
    • 60,599 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    It ll work in multiple hand sets but it ll be the same one as in once you ve used it the once in the one phone it will say used lol sorryyyy
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Or request a free SIM through TCB for potentially 5.25 Cashback after adding 10 to activate the SIM and use the instructions here within 30 days of arrival/top up to potentially get another 10 credit:

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/o2-pay-and-go-10-pound-extra-credit-offer-terms-and-conditions

Register with Rewards for another 50p free.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Thanks both.

Yes, that's another cheap way. My sim was free really as I bought with TCB/Amazon credit, plus I won 2 A credit last night from Ribena
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Aug 18, 3:22 PM
    • 3,490 Posts
    • 36,220 Thanks
    pippo
    Got 4 x 6 off wys 30 vouchers for waties

Can somebody please remind me if I buy meat/fish in the 3 for 10 offer does the full price count towards my total or is it just the 10? I know this has been said many times, but I rarely go to Ws and I can't remember (or find the answer!).

Plan to go to toon this week, using free bus pass
    Coffee and cake in John Lewis, visit bank, generally mouch around then back to the Waities beside the bus station, another coffee, paper, magazine and shopping to take me up to 30 then bus home.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Aug 18, 3:22 PM
    • 13,329 Posts
    • 149,177 Thanks
    Anon
    Morning

Ending today, Alpro/Arla 3 for 3.00 offer. Various prices from 1.29 to 1.59.

Best comparison at 1.59 Alpro Almond Original/Roasted Almond unsweetened against Sainsbury's 1.00 or new Waitrose offer starting today of 3 for 3.00.

Until it updates, Mysupermarket is still showing Waitrose offers which ended yesterday.

New Waitrose from today:

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/shop/offers/14763122

Works out 31p each after APG

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-725826_2752913.html

Originally posted by izzeyb
    Has anyone tried this yet please? Unroasted unsweetened almond would be even cheaper as it is 1.69/3 for 3? So 21p each?

HTH

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Aug 18, 3:24 PM
    • 13,329 Posts
    • 149,177 Thanks
    Anon

Can somebody please remind me if I buy meat/fish in the 3 for 10 offer does the full price count towards my total or is it just the 10? I know this has been said many times, but I rarely go to Ws and I can't remember (or find the answer!).

Plan to go to toon this week, using free bus pass
    Coffee and cake in John Lewis, visit bank, generally mouch around then back to the Waities beside the bus station, another coffee, paper, magazine and shopping to take me up to 30 then bus home.
    Originally posted by pippo
    I didn't get round to using the 4 off 40 vouchers ... so they have sent me 5 off 50 this time .

Mrs Anon doesn't get any at all - is it one lot per household or per card please?

Thank you

Anon
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 8th Aug 18, 3:36 PM
    • 4,368 Posts
    • 93,761 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Originally posted by pippo
    I got 4 x 4 off wys 20

Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 8th Aug 18, 3:36 PM
    • 433 Posts
    • 3,705 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Has anyone tried this yet please? Unroasted unsweetened almond would be even cheaper as it is 1.69/3 for 3? So 21p each?

HTH

Anon

I did....but we're going to have to wait until 1559 to find out!
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 8th Aug 18, 3:38 PM
    • 433 Posts
    • 3,705 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    I can't see the unroasted unsweetened, where are you looking?
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Aug 18, 3:47 PM
    • 3,490 Posts
    • 36,220 Thanks
    pippo
    I didn't get round to using the 4 off 40 vouchers ... so they have sent me 5 off 50 this time .

Mrs Anon doesn't get any at all - is it one lot per household or per card please?

Thank you

Anon
    I don't know, pretty sure mhoc will be along soon and let us know.

Make sure that Mrs Anon has her contact preferences set to mail.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Aug 18, 3:51 PM
    • 5,330 Posts
    • 61,322 Thanks
    gocat
    I can't see the unroasted unsweetened, where are you looking?
    Originally posted by Freewheeling
    I put it in search on mysupermarket but showed as not available for my A's

I never get any W vouchers. My DS is moving soon and there is a W up the road from her. Wish I could fathom out how to get vouchers.
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 8th Aug 18, 4:01 PM
    • 433 Posts
    • 3,705 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    27 items (6 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda waitrose 1x Alpro Oat Original Drink Uht (1l) 1.39 1.40 0.19x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.14 N/A 0.1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.05 0.06 1x ASDA Smart Price Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g) 0.29 N/A 8x Alpro Coconut Original Drink Uht (1l) 12.72 8.00 10x Alpro Almond Original Drink Uht (1l) 15.90 10.00 4x Alpro Almond Unsweetened Drink Uht (1l) 6.36 4.70 3x Arla Lactofree Long Life Semi Skimmed Milk Alternative (1l) 4.20 3.00 Comparison total (compared products only) 40.62 27.16
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 8th Aug 18, 4:03 PM
    • 433 Posts
    • 3,705 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    I'm sorry, I never know how to make it look neat!!

I also realised that I bought 11 of the Almond Original. Oh well!
    Last edited by Freewheeling; 08-08-2018 at 4:05 PM.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Aug 18, 4:04 PM
    • 3,490 Posts
    • 36,220 Thanks
    pippo
    I put it in search on mysupermarket but showed as not available for my A's

I never get any W vouchers. My DS is moving soon and there is a W up the road from her. Wish I could fathom out how to get vouchers.
    Originally posted by gocat
    Gocat, log into Waities go to My Waities, and update marketing preferences.

To receive myWaitrose vouchers-
    Within "My Account" and under "My Details", ensure the following
    - Your home address is correct within sections My Addresses and Payment Detail & Billing Information
    - Ensure you've set up your Marketing Preferences to "Yes please". Please note that following any changes, it can take up to 28 days for any vouchers to start coming through.
    - Continue to use your myWaitrose card every time you shop so that we can tailor vouchers to the things you enjoy.
    - myWaitrose vouchers can be sent to a different sample of customers for each promotion, depending on how you shop you may not receive vouchers for every promotion.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Aug 18, 4:06 PM
    • 3,490 Posts
    • 36,220 Thanks
    pippo
    27 items (6 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda waitrose
    1x Alpro Oat Original Drink Uht (1l) 1.39 1.40
    0.19x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.14 N/A
    0.1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.05 0.06
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g) 0.29 N/A
    8x Alpro Coconut Original Drink Uht (1l) 12.72 8.00 10x Alpro Almond Original Drink Uht (1l) 15.90 10.00
    4x Alpro Almond Unsweetened Drink Uht (1l) 6.36 4.70
    3x Arla Lactofree Long Life Semi Skimmed Milk Alternative (1l) 4.20 3.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 40.62 27.16

Is that better?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,921Posts Today

9,130Users online

Martin's Twitter