Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,841Posts
    • 37,597Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2176
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 8th Aug 18, 8:41 AM
    • 621 Posts
    • 5,448 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    On COS there I've got E&J Brandy. If you buy from AvT it should work out as 9.60.
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 8th Aug 18, 8:43 AM
    • 621 Posts
    • 5,448 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Also, hotel choccy ice cream is back on wuntooo. :-D
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 8th Aug 18, 8:52 AM
    • 621 Posts
    • 5,448 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Iz the bizz.......thank you

Is this nice on porridge.....westie is it you who buys it?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

It is nice on porridge . I'm going camping for 2 weeks at the end of the month so it'll be really handy for that. As it's UHT I don't have to worry about keeping it chilled.
    • curlgirl
    • By curlgirl 8th Aug 18, 9:22 AM
    • 550 Posts
    • 7,435 Thanks
    curlgirl
    Does anyone know what T bedding it like?

I was looking for covers and sheets, did you notice if any fitted sheets were reduced please?

Do they do deep ones, I hate struggling to get the corners in.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19

Have you ever tried Dunelm ? They do fitted sheet in a variety of depths. We have had our for a couple of years and quality is good.
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 8th Aug 18, 9:23 AM
    • 4,379 Posts
    • 93,921 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Iz the bizz.......thank you

Is this nice on porridge.....westie is it you who buys it?
    Unsweetened almond is good, but if you make your own almond milk it tastes better.

I make my porridge with water
    Ex battery hens are arriving on 1st September. I've never had experience with ex batts before but apparently they can't put themselves to bed as they have no concept of outdoor life They have to be taken inside initially until they adjust.

Poor things

There are 5 very lucky ones out there about to find their dream home.
    Photos will follow
    Nothing beats having your own chickens, i'd love to have a few, got some space in this garden so maybe a possibility

Got a hospital appointment tomorrow to remove a tooth
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 8th Aug 18, 9:44 AM
    • 3,632 Posts
    • 37,076 Thanks
    curl girl
    On COS there I've got E&J Brandy. If you buy from AvT it should work out as 9.60.
    Originally posted by Freewheeling
    Thanks but I received a bottle of this one birthday.
    It's not very nice and still at the back of my cupboard.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 8th Aug 18, 10:02 AM
    • 16,998 Posts
    • 283,517 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Great temperature for gardening if only

Ex battery hens are arriving on 1st September. I've never had experience with ex batts before but apparently they can't put themselves to bed as they have no concept of outdoor life They have to be taken inside initially until they adjust.

Poor things

There are 5 very lucky ones out there about to find their dream home.
    Photos will follow

it wont be long until they are putting themselves to bed As soon as it starts getting dark, they'll figure it out, they just need a helping hand for the first week or so
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • nettiebobs
    • By nettiebobs 8th Aug 18, 10:20 AM
    • 332 Posts
    • 3,263 Thanks
    nettiebobs

I was looking for covers and sheets, did you notice if any fitted sheets were reduced please?

My sister works at Linen warehouse or Yorkshire linen online and she sells everything. If the store doesn't have it in she will order it from another store within 2 days.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 8th Aug 18, 10:45 AM
    • 4,924 Posts
    • 94,643 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Lovely.
    Happy Cat Day Jasmine. X

The cat who I thought was a stray, who lives the next street away now just walks in.
    Boldly sits meowing waiting to be fed!
    The hot weather is not helping as I leave the back door open then can't get him out.
    Originally posted by curl girl

And can you blame him visiting someone who obviously was concerned about him
    rather than the owners who couldn't give a sherbet
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 8th Aug 18, 11:01 AM
    • 621 Posts
    • 5,448 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Windfall Wednesday is a 10 Caffe Nero voucher for 20 spend online at George.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Aug 18, 11:15 AM
    • 13,636 Posts
    • 152,239 Thanks
    Anon
    Lovely.
    Happy Cat Day Jasmine. X

The cat who I thought was a stray, who lives the next street away now just walks in.
    Boldly sits meowing waiting to be fed!
    The hot weather is not helping as I leave the back door open then can't get him out.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    You need to be careful - there was an odd story a few months back about a cat visiting someone and they then got accused of pinching it.

https://www.petgazette.biz/19825-woman-accused-of-cat-theft-after-rehoming-cat/

I am obviously not saying this would happen to you - some strange people out there and as I understand it cats go where they please .

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 08-08-2018 at 11:49 AM.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Aug 18, 11:30 AM
    • 3,643 Posts
    • 37,579 Thanks
    pippo

Yorkshire Linen do deep and extra deep fitted sheets - quite reasonable too.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 8th Aug 18, 11:37 AM
    • 6,962 Posts
    • 92,656 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Aug 18, 12:03 PM
    • 17,970 Posts
    • 215,427 Thanks
    mhoc
    Windfall Wednesday is a 10 Caffe Nero voucher for 20 spend online at George.
    Originally posted by Freewheeling
    Does anyone know how long Asda give you to collect orders? Ive set a date but I think it will be a few days after before I can get there.

I ordered OHs work shirts but if it does not track at leas they can be returned.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Aug 18, 12:08 PM
    • 7,481 Posts
    • 61,541 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    ... different devices or clearing cookies ... or ...?

Many thanks

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Sorry just catching up.

Same old PC, Ffox, clearing Rib cooklies, yoppy, bobs your uncle!
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Aug 18, 12:29 PM
    • 7,481 Posts
    • 61,541 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Morning all!

Thanks for the reminder about the Ribena, I 'played' once this morning and got a free bottle.

Also thanks izzey for the milk, I'll definitely be making use of that today!

Had no end of problems using these vouchers, Sada were most unhelful even though the comp was on the bottles they sell. Refused point blank because the vouchers didnt scan!
    Originally posted by lesliejack
    I've been copying the moc onto a word document and printing that way so I don't waste ink on the advert bit.
    I've used one at T and Wilcos this morning they scanned fine.
    In my experience Asda are cwap to a high degree at taking coupons.

Thanks to all the advice about bed sheets I'll have a look.

Made a trip to T this morning, only saw a handful of reduced bedding, but was either oos or wrong size and don't think my teen lads would appreciate a floral duvet cover lol.
    On a lighter note, I remembered about the Happydown, had a look and bought 8, there was only 10 on the shelf.

..unfortunately they were all out of date. Refund given no probs, and 8 confirmed on cos already
    Last edited by fuzzgun19; 08-08-2018 at 12:34 PM.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 8th Aug 18, 12:38 PM
    • 3,632 Posts
    • 37,076 Thanks
    curl girl
    And can you blame him visiting someone who obviously was concerned about him
    rather than the owners who couldn't give a sherbet
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    I know.
    I'm going to have a word with them!
    I've just bought one of the 9 boxes of whiskas from A. Oh will go mad if he finds out.
    Can't keep it up though, as much as I love them, I don't want the expense, work or problems of another one.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Aug 18, 12:40 PM
    • 7,481 Posts
    • 61,541 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    O2 Priority, I've finally got round to getting a sim with 10 on it.

Paid 6.60 from seller kiiko https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B001KPSSUI/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Can I ask if anyone knows if one sim will work in multiple handsets?
    Do you have to leave the sim in, or is it as before and can be removed once 'registered'?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 8th Aug 18, 12:44 PM
    • 3,632 Posts
    • 37,076 Thanks
    curl girl
    You need to be careful - there was an odd story a few months back about a cat visiting someone and they then got accused of pinching it.

https://www.petgazette.biz/19825-woman-accused-of-cat-theft-after-rehoming-cat/

I am obviously not saying this would happen to you - some strange people out there and as I understand it cats go where they please .

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Thanks Anon.
    That's an I interesting one and just goes to show how things can backfire on you!

I'll have to get in there first and report him for trespassing.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Aug 18, 12:47 PM
    • 17,970 Posts
    • 215,427 Thanks
    mhoc
    Actually if you have a spare phone which is not contracted that will accept an 00002 sim then that is a good price so you would have 2 0002 phones - from August 14th you can get a Neros hot drink on a Tuesday or a Wednesday so by paying this much for the sim you would be back in profit by week 3 - we get the large hot chocolates with cream and sprinkles cost 3.40 I think.

If any of the other nice freebies come along as they do occasionally - this weekend it was a 4 cycle pump from Halfords and yogurt raisons from Holland and Barret so you would be in profit after just a week!
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

464Posts Today

4,146Users online

Martin's Twitter