Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,834Posts
    • 37,592Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2174
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 7th Aug 18, 5:49 PM
    • 3,169 Posts
    • 38,143 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    I don't think this has been posted.....Apologies if it has...

Tesco fuel offer

Save 10p per litre on fuel this summer when you spend 60 on your shop

Just follow these 5 simple steps to take advantage of this offer
    Step 1
    Spend 60 or more in a single transaction either in-store or online at tesco.com/groceries between 06/08/18 and 26/08/18.

Step 2
    When you've paid for your groceries in-store, your shopping receipt will automatically include a fuel discount coupon. If you're an online customer, you'll receive a leaflet containing the fuel coupon when your groceries are delivered or when you Click+Collect. Please keep this receipt or coupon safe as you'll need it to claim your 10p off per litre on fuel at your local Tesco petrol station.

Step 3
    Go to your local Tesco petrol station and fill up on fuel. Remember to take your coupon with you.

Step 4
    Pay for your fuel in the petrol station kiosk and hand over your coupon at the checkout to receive your discount.

Step 5
    Enjoy your saving and drive away with a smile!
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    6. Return the unwanted item you purchased for a full refund
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 7th Aug 18, 5:49 PM
    • 16,505 Posts
    • 196,946 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    [QUOTE=pippo;74628540]
    If they brought alcohol as well, that would be perfect!

They didn't bring any, but did go out and buy some and the proceeded to drop a bottle of white on the kitchen (quarry tile) floor
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    I know quarry tiles are unforgiving - but they are so easy to keep clean in cases of emergencies.

pippo... you made me start to think about future proofing a house.....
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 7th Aug 18, 6:11 PM
    • 3,627 Posts
    • 37,050 Thanks
    curl girl
    Does anyone know what T bedding it like?

I was looking for covers and sheets, did you notice if any fitted sheets were reduced please?

Do they do deep ones, I hate struggling to get the corners in.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Some are excellent quality.
    My 2 favourite duvet covers are from T a few years ago, wash well and don't need to be ironed which is a bonus.

I purchased 2 single duvet covers reduced the other week plus a king size to match, which I made into curtains for my spare room.
    Beautiful quality in a textured beige fabric with piping around duvet and pillowcases.

Evening peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Aug 18, 6:16 PM
    • 53,648 Posts
    • 633,661 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 3 1/2 lb
    • mazworld15
    • By mazworld15 7th Aug 18, 6:21 PM
    • 220 Posts
    • 2,344 Thanks
    mazworld15
    tosco wine are having a cellar clearout if it helps anyone, premium wines" I don't drink the good stuff but looks cheap for the quality.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Aug 18, 7:07 PM
    • 20,583 Posts
    • 216,963 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Does anyone know what T bedding it like?

I was looking for covers and sheets, did you notice if any fitted sheets were reduced please?

Do they do deep ones, I hate struggling to get the corners in.
    I've never seen deep fitted sheets in there, had a look on the back of a few and they all seemed to be 25 cm.

The best deep fitted sheets (well, only ones really but they are good) have been off Ebay.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Aug 18, 8:39 PM
    • 20,583 Posts
    • 216,963 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    images upload
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 7th Aug 18, 8:48 PM
    • 4,247 Posts
    • 57,392 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    This may be a question for you Enterprise or any other Elite more technically minded than me

I have an old ipad The kids use it for playing games Anyways it it locked Someone tried to link it to find my phone

DS has looked at it for me had reset all sorts of "stuff" but it is linked to a phone number that no one recognizes Apple supply the last two digits of the linked phone and we can only assume its been an old number

Any ideas gratefully received

TIA
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Aug 18, 8:52 PM
    • 20,583 Posts
    • 216,963 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    This may be a question for you Enterprise or any other Elite more technically minded than me

I have an old ipad The kids use it for playing games Anyways it it locked Someone tried to link it to find my phone

DS has looked at it for me had reset all sorts of "stuff" but it is linked to a phone number that no one recognizes Apple supply the last two digits of the linked phone and we can only assume its been an old number

TIA
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Sorry, don't do Apple. I have no idea how much information you need but can you do a factory reset? This is sometimes used when nothing else works, but do not know if you need to be able to access the ipad to do it or if there is a sequence of buttons to press.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 7th Aug 18, 8:56 PM
    • 27,116 Posts
    • 325,218 Thanks
    davemorton
    If it is locked to an Apple ID, I dont think a factory reset will work. You can unlock them via Apple, but it can take a month or two and they ask loads of questions.

Not sure if this helps...

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202649

And account recovery if you are really stuck

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204921
    Last edited by davemorton; 07-08-2018 at 9:01 PM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 7th Aug 18, 9:28 PM
    • 15,130 Posts
    • 239,971 Thanks
    zippydooda

TIA
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    if its on your icloud. i think it will reset if you say forget this ipad
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 7th Aug 18, 10:20 PM
    • 7,475 Posts
    • 61,539 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Some are excellent quality.
    My 2 favourite duvet covers are from T a few years ago, wash well and don't need to be ironed which is a bonus.

I purchased 2 single duvet covers reduced the other week plus a king size to match, which I made into curtains for my spare room.
    Beautiful quality in a textured beige fabric with piping around duvet and pillowcases.

Evening peeps.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Thank you

I've never seen deep fitted sheets in there, had a look on the back of a few and they all seemed to be 25 cm.

The best deep fitted sheets (well, only ones really but they are good) have been off Ebay.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Thanks, would you be able to share a link to the eBay good ones please?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 7th Aug 18, 10:24 PM
    • 7,475 Posts
    • 61,539 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Anyone doing this? I seem to get a free ribena every other day

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5855875
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    This is still on until the end of August.

This evening I managed to win 6 mocs and 2 x 1 Amazon voucher codes that was out of about 20 goes.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Aug 18, 10:33 PM
    • 20,583 Posts
    • 216,963 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Thank you

Thanks, would you be able to share a link to the eBay good ones please?
    Putting this here to remind me to check in the morning, I don't do Ebay on my tab. Only turned it on to see if I had won the euromillions. Not a single number!
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 7th Aug 18, 10:34 PM
    • 15,130 Posts
    • 239,971 Thanks
    zippydooda
    FYI

carling tap starts Friday.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 7th Aug 18, 10:46 PM
    • 38,288 Posts
    • 160,920 Thanks
    silvercar
    I had an email to say that too many Elite had asked for a Twinnings ice tea sample and they have run out of free samples!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 7th Aug 18, 10:47 PM
    • 13,635 Posts
    • 152,236 Thanks
    Anon
    This is still on until the end of August.

This evening I managed to win 6 mocs and 2 x 1 Amazon voucher codes that was out of about 20 goes.
    ... different devices or clearing cookies ... or ...?

Many thanks

Anon
    • pippo
    • By pippo 7th Aug 18, 11:18 PM
    • 3,638 Posts
    • 37,554 Thanks
    pippo
    [QUOTE=Sunshinemummy;74629970]

I know quarry tiles are unforgiving - but they are so easy to keep clean in cases of emergencies.

pippo... you made me start to think about future proofing a house.....
    Originally posted by pippo
    Those quarry tiles have been down for over 25 years!

Being a person of an age to have a free bus pass every thing we do now is with the idea that we won't have to do it again. Unfortunately the grumpy one still has a tendency to 'make do' or to use up things he has been given. I'm all for money saving, but I'm insisting on some quality again.
    • Forgetful
    • By Forgetful 7th Aug 18, 11:39 PM
    • 1,692 Posts
    • 9,776 Thanks
    Forgetful
    [QUOTE=pippo;74631190]

Those quarry tiles have been down for over 25 years!

Being a person of an age to have a free bus pass every thing we do now is with the idea that we won't have to do it again. Unfortunately the grumpy one still has a tendency to 'make do' or to use up things he has been given. I'm all for money saving, but I'm insisting on some quality again.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    We have lived here for 28 years now so the kitchen needs doing.. and like I said it maybe just this time...hopefully new one will last another 28 years....
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 8th Aug 18, 4:23 AM
    • 4,924 Posts
    • 94,642 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Morning

Ending today, Alpro/Arla 3 for 3.00 offer. Various prices from 1.29 to 1.59.

Best comparison at 1.59 Alpro Almond Original/Roasted Almond unsweetened against Sainsbury's 1.00 or new Waitrose offer starting today of 3 for 3.00.

Until it updates, Mysupermarket is still showing Waitrose offers which ended yesterday.

New Waitrose from today:

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/shop/offers/14763122

Works out 31p each after APG

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-725826_2752913.html

Last edited by izzeyb; 08-08-2018 at 4:37 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

253Posts Today

1,773Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin