Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,591Posts
    • 37,030Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2168
    • gocat
    • By gocat 6th Aug 18, 9:51 AM
    • 5,241 Posts
    • 60,589 Thanks
    gocat
    Tessa

• tweets
    • By tweets 6th Aug 18, 10:27 AM
    • 29,863 Posts
    • 428,839 Thanks
    tweets
    Is this a picture from The Lizard?
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    My friend posted it on facebook.
    Lost 3st-12lb
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 6th Aug 18, 10:35 AM
    • 227 Posts
    • 1,864 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Morning all!

What a lovely weekend! On Saturday we went woodburner shopping. In one of the shops the chap offered to light any of the woodburners that we wanted to see working, it was already boiling in there so we declined . I would've cooked!! Then we went for a lovely stroll up on Dartmoor, it's so dry up there at the moment.

Yesterday we spent a lot of the morning bottling beer that we've been brewing, then digging the allotment in the afternoon. Now that was a sweaty job!
    • tweets
    • By tweets 6th Aug 18, 10:43 AM
    • 29,863 Posts
    • 428,839 Thanks
    tweets
    Tessa

Originally posted by gocat
    Hello Tessa sorry you had name and sex change earlier
    Lost 3st-12lb
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 6th Aug 18, 11:25 AM
    • 1,546 Posts
    • 17,410 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Happy birthday gocat hope you have a lovely day and enjoy your presents
    • gocat
    • By gocat 6th Aug 18, 11:54 AM
    • 5,241 Posts
    • 60,589 Thanks
    gocat
    Hello Tessa sorry you had name and sex change earlier
    Originally posted by tweets

Earlier when out walkies, some lady said to me whilst pointing at Tessa "is that millie" . I said it is Tessa. I know Millie and know they look alike. She thought I was being funny with her and insisted it was Millie lol . So Tessa has had 2 name changes today
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Aug 18, 11:59 AM
    • 13,095 Posts
    • 147,261 Thanks
    Anon
    Good morning.

T have launched a 10p off per llitre fuel promo today - voucher with 60 spend.

If I recall T giftcards don't trigger the vouchers but other giftcards did in previous promos? Any other suggestions to hit the 60, which is a big ask for a potential 5-10 saving, depending on the size of your tank.

Anon
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 6th Aug 18, 12:03 PM
    • 6,814 Posts
    • 91,416 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Thank you tweets but Harley is not my dog

Thank you to everyone else for my birthday greetings

Still waiting for my presents of fence panels and car battery to arrive
    Originally posted by gocat
    Harley is my dog
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 6th Aug 18, 12:16 PM
    • 2,673 Posts
    • 30,847 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Good morning.

If I recall T giftcards don't trigger the vouchers but other giftcards did in previous promos? Any other suggestions to hit the 60, which is a big ask for a potential 5-10 saving, depending on the size of your tank.

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    afternoon all, from hot London

just saw this on hukd

New gift card offer just gone live - online and instore

20% off selected gift cards including Pizza Express, Gap, Odeon and New Look

Note the specific denominations the discount is on

20 Pizza Express gift card & digital ecode
    25 Gap gift card
    25 Odeon gift card
    25 New Look gift card
    • pippo
    • By pippo 6th Aug 18, 12:47 PM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 35,339 Thanks
    pippo
    Morning all!

What a lovely weekend! On Saturday we went woodburner shopping. In one of the shops the chap offered to light any of the woodburners that we wanted to see working, it was already boiling in there so we declined . I would've cooked!! Then we went for a lovely stroll up on Dartmoor, it's so dry up there at the moment.

Yesterday we spent a lot of the morning bottling beer that we've been brewing, then digging the allotment in the afternoon. Now that was a sweaty job!
    Originally posted by Freewheeling
    We had a lovely weekend too DS and family visited and we spent lovely relaxed family time together. The DGDs are now 12 & 14 and there was no need to 'entertain' them all the time.

I was also happy that my expensive purchases over the last 6 months have paid off!

The new sofa bed in the lounge meant me and grumpy stayed in our room and didn't have to 'hump' beds around.

Having had our small front garden paved and buying new patio furniture meant we had an extra room outside, where we spent a happy Saturday with nibbles, 'pop' and wine.

I deliberately made things easy for myself - Chinese takeaway on Fri night, Sat am , the girls used up lots of RTC'd crumpets and pancakes and then I used up some of our stock of sausages and bacon. A meal out at our local Greek restaurant for Saturday night - no deals, but I thought that 99 for 5 starters, 6 mains, wine and soft drinks was quite reasonable, given we were so stuffed!

Sunday, of course, was a roast dinner!

The only down side to the weekend was that nobody ate a yoghurt! (I did get rid of the tomato sauce crisps though!)
    • pippo
    • By pippo 6th Aug 18, 12:49 PM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 35,339 Thanks
    pippo
    Happy birthday Gocat...
    Enjoy your presents!
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 6th Aug 18, 12:57 PM
    • 2,673 Posts
    • 30,847 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Have a lovely day, happy birthday,
    what wonderful pressies !!!55357;!!!56841;
    • tbw
    • By tbw 6th Aug 18, 1:10 PM
    • 4,809 Posts
    • 55,814 Thanks
    tbw
    I have a passport !!! Not sure who is more relieved - me or DH who has had to cope with my endless, whining, worrying and generally acting like a complete prat all weekend.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 6th Aug 18, 1:13 PM
    • 7,259 Posts
    • 59,813 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Lurpak softest.
    Saw this in M, might be store specific.

Only valid til 2 sept 18 though.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 6th Aug 18, 1:14 PM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 35,339 Thanks
    pippo
    I have a passport !!! Not sure who is more relieved - me or DH who has had to cope with my endless, whining, worrying and generally acting like a complete prat all weekend.
    Originally posted by tbw

and you can both breathe now!
    • tbw
    • By tbw 6th Aug 18, 1:28 PM
    • 4,809 Posts
    • 55,814 Thanks
    tbw

and you can both breathe now!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Sure can ! Good service considering I only applied online last Monday and they could not start until the old passport got back to the on Tuesday.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 6th Aug 18, 1:42 PM
    • 19,849 Posts
    • 211,891 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Originally posted by tbw

Thank God for that
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • its a secret 66
    • By its a secret 66 6th Aug 18, 2:01 PM
    • 1,302 Posts
    • 25,073 Thanks
    its a secret 66
    Originally posted by tbw
    great news
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 6th Aug 18, 2:07 PM
    • 26,587 Posts
    • 321,010 Thanks
    davemorton
    Originally posted by tbw
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • michaels
    • By michaels 6th Aug 18, 2:09 PM
    • 21,118 Posts
    • 97,659 Thanks
    michaels
    Good morning.

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    More ill-fitting electricals?
    Cool heads and compromise
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,775Posts Today

6,651Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin