Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,775Posts
    • 37,500Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2058
    • michaels
    • By michaels 13th Jul 18, 6:33 PM
    • 21,578 Posts
    • 100,167 Thanks
    michaels
    Still waiting for raindrops here.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Loads a thunderbugs though - hopefully a positive sign?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jul 18, 6:50 PM
    • 30,461 Posts
    • 433,198 Thanks
    tweets
    Look who just been and spent 10 mins with her Nana after not seeing her for 3 months

Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jul 18, 6:51 PM
    • 53,233 Posts
    • 630,692 Thanks
    bubbs
    Look who just been and spent 10 mins with her Nana after not seeing her for 3 months

Originally posted by tweets
    Awwwww bet they both loved that is your mum settling ok?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • Anon
    • By Anon 13th Jul 18, 6:53 PM
    • 13,509 Posts
    • 150,889 Thanks
    Anon
    No issue with a round of C0sta in one transaction with mixed frosties and hot drinks

Hth

Anon
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Jul 18, 6:56 PM
    • 20,392 Posts
    • 215,459 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Still waiting for raindrops here.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Absolutely zero here. They just showed where the rain was on the national chart and it looked like it should have rained here, but it did not.

Bless Hope they both got a lot out of it
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 13th Jul 18, 6:57 PM
    • 15,097 Posts
    • 239,674 Thanks
    zippydooda
    so how long do we give the apg now tesco brand guarantee is finishing. i recon we'll be lucky to have a year
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jul 18, 7:04 PM
    • 30,461 Posts
    • 433,198 Thanks
    tweets
    Awwwww bet they both loved that is your mum settling ok?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Yes and no she seems happier to me and her room is a lot nicer.

New home was appalled when district news took bandages and pink boots off mums legs. Both heels where black black. I seen photos The home has sent a letter to care commission saying how appalled they are and that old home should have warned them how bad mums feet are.

I have been told more in new home than old home and hospital put together and she only been in 9 days.

DS will be seeing her tomorrow and Sunday
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jul 18, 7:05 PM
    • 30,461 Posts
    • 433,198 Thanks
    tweets
    Absolutely zero here. They just showed where the rain was on the national chart and it looked like it should have rained here, but it did not.

Bless Hope they both got a lot out of it
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    They did Poppy knew she was seeing her Nana but mum had no idea I opened door and let Poppy run in
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jul 18, 7:06 PM
    • 30,461 Posts
    • 433,198 Thanks
    tweets
    so how long do we give the apg now tesco brand guarantee is finishing. i recon we'll be lucky to have a year
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    (((X))) Zippy

I don't bother with apg not got a printer
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jul 18, 7:09 PM
    • 53,233 Posts
    • 630,692 Thanks
    bubbs
    Not long i dont think everything is going
    Hope you are ok Zipster ? have a bubbs

Yes and no she seems happier to me and her room is a lot nicer.

New home was appalled when district news took bandages and pink boots off mums legs. Both heels where black black. I seen photos The home has sent a letter to care commission saying how appalled they are and that old home should have warned them how bad mums feet are.

I have been told more in new home than old home and hospital put together and she only been in 9 days.

DS will be seeing her tomorrow and Sunday
    That is an absolute disgrace!!
    I am glad you are getting to know more and she is happier, she will be over the moon to see DS i bet xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 13th Jul 18, 7:38 PM
    • 3,486 Posts
    • 35,867 Thanks
    curl girl
    I followed T delivery van today advertising the brand guarantee on the back.
    Wonder when they are going to resticker all their vans?
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • tbw
    • By tbw 13th Jul 18, 7:39 PM
    • 4,860 Posts
    • 56,293 Thanks
    tbw
    You could well be right - but is just possible that Asda may get some good publicity out of it by milking the idea that only Asda have the confidence to stick with their promise of being the cheapest. I hope so - the idea of having to pay full price for my shopping is a nightmare !
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jul 18, 7:39 PM
    • 53,233 Posts
    • 630,692 Thanks
    bubbs
    I followed T delivery van today advertising the brand guarantee on the back.
    Wonder when they are going to resticker all their vans?
    Originally posted by curl girl
    When does it finish?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 13th Jul 18, 7:41 PM
    • 3,486 Posts
    • 35,867 Thanks
    curl girl
    When does it finish?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Think it's Sunday.

Evening all and bubbs.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jul 18, 7:44 PM
    • 53,233 Posts
    • 630,692 Thanks
    bubbs
    Think it's Sunday.

Evening all and bubbs.
    Sunday
    Hello
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 13th Jul 18, 7:50 PM
    • 3,486 Posts
    • 35,867 Thanks
    curl girl
    Called in T today and was followed to my car by a homeless man, he startled me as he was directly behind and he asked me for money as I was loading my shopping! I apologized and offered him a twix instead, he took the chocolate and asked if I could spare a drink as well, eyeing up son's ciders, luckily I had a new bottle of water in my boot so gave him that.

I've never been followed like that before and I'm sure some people would feel very uncomfortable........
    • michaels
    • By michaels 13th Jul 18, 7:59 PM
    • 21,578 Posts
    • 100,167 Thanks
    michaels
    You could well be right - but is just possible that Asda may get some good publicity out of it by milking the idea that only Asda have the confidence to stick with their promise of being the cheapest. I hope so - the idea of having to pay full price for my shopping is a nightmare !
    Originally posted by tbw
    I would guess that sains will continue to try to be slightly upmarket whereas Asda will compete with aldi/lidl. However whether the marketeers will think apg fits with this or just an all out focus on low prices who knows - obviously we are in favour of apg and high prices
    Cool heads and compromise
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jul 18, 8:14 PM
    • 53,233 Posts
    • 630,692 Thanks
    bubbs
    Called in T today and was followed to my car by a homeless man, he startled me as he was directly behind and he asked me for money as I was loading my shopping! I apologized and offered him a twix instead, he took the chocolate and asked if I could spare a drink as well, eyeing up son's ciders, luckily I had a new bottle of water in my boot so gave him that.

I've never been followed like that before and I'm sure some people would feel very uncomfortable........
    As i guess you were ?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jul 18, 8:18 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc

I would ring the store and ask to speak to a manager and just tell him what happened. It might be a one off or he might make a habit of following lone women if he can see alchol in the trolley - if so the trolley boys could keep a look out for him.
    Our Mr T has a carpark under the store so its always gloomey even in daytime, not the sort of place you would go to at night.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jul 18, 8:33 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    I was going to ask this, if the home encourages relatives to come in with their dogs?
    In the home where my Dad was they actively encouraged everyone to bring dogs in, all the faces lite up when dogs arrived ready to give everyone a love
    They also had a donkey visiting once, he did a walk around with his owner and got blank stares but on the 2nd walk around everyone was much jollier as they petted the donkey. I filmed it on my ipad, my Dad looking his old self

Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,800Posts Today

8,965Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin