Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,538Posts
    • 36,891Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2057
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Jul 18, 2:07 PM
    • 2,304 Posts
    • 28,359 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Straw had to be turned upside down to get last of the slushie

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Jul 18, 2:14 PM
    • 15,100 Posts
    • 257,976 Thanks
    Snap-ant

We have torrential rain
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 13th Jul 18, 2:15 PM
    • 16,771 Posts
    • 281,942 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Send it here, pleeeeeaaaasssseeee.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    MG just sent me a video of the rain at home, five miles away, while we have bright sunshine at work. You just know the skies will empty when i leave work without a jacket or umbrella
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Jul 18, 2:17 PM
    • 15,100 Posts
    • 257,976 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    I'm H A P P Y, I'm H A P P Y. I know I am, I'm sure I am.
    I'm H A P P Y

DuckDuckGo has me go go going

My Birkenstocks have me

I love my Birkenstocks, comfy on my feet, don't dig in. I was interested to read that these Madrid's were designed to excercise the feet, encouraging circulation . Thank you dearest Snap xx
    Originally posted by altojack

Very happy to help xxx
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Jul 18, 2:20 PM
    • 19,635 Posts
    • 210,638 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    We do have a few clouds knocking around, but at the moment it is sunny and doesn't feel anything like rain

I am half expecting it to rain tomorrow afternoon, the town fayre is on

And of course it is bound to rain for the air show
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th Jul 18, 2:38 PM
    • 10,131 Posts
    • 116,447 Thanks
    emerald21
    [QUOTE=michaels;74524477]
    So Child's instant access savings account at Lloyds and Halifax, identical except lloyds pays interest quarterly and hfax annually. From 21 July 2% interest rate on up to 20k reduced to up to 5k.

Nationwide child saver 1 withdrawal per annum or lose interest pays 2.5% on up to 50k.

I just google it each time, probably last done about 12 months ago.

In Grggs asked if I could pay for a 5 gift card with a 5 ap but the till wouldn't accept it.
    Originally posted by elainemn
    I'm using mine up nicely lol a 3 meal deal with an orange juice, roll and as I'm a student either a sausage roll or a cake freeeeee
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th Jul 18, 2:41 PM
    • 10,131 Posts
    • 116,447 Thanks
    emerald21
    Brain freeze!

Has it changed? Could not use second code for a cake in the store I went to.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    I usually get 2 naked smoothies and usually have to pay 6O p but today had 40 p left with two codes I mean
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jul 18, 3:39 PM
    • 52,330 Posts
    • 624,167 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3lb
    • michaels
    • By michaels 13th Jul 18, 4:20 PM
    • 20,948 Posts
    • 96,954 Thanks
    michaels
    [QUOTE=emerald21;74524668]

I'm using mine up nicely lol a 3 meal deal with an orange juice, roll and as I'm a student either a sausage roll or a cake freeeeee
    Originally posted by michaels
    Think we have 75 to use in by the end of the month so not impossible - 8 lunches will be 24 for a start.

Really need an additional offer at Mitchell and Butlers group so that I can eat there for free without feeling I am overpaying.....
    Cool heads and compromise
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 13th Jul 18, 4:26 PM
    • 7,198 Posts
    • 59,453 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Which one is Mitchell & Butler?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 13th Jul 18, 4:31 PM
    • 12,992 Posts
    • 146,471 Thanks
    Anon
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Which one what? Their brands are listed down the left hand side of this page:

https://www.mbplc.com/ourbrands/

The 10 Dine card's appear to be Mitchell and Butler.

HTH

Anon
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th Jul 18, 4:33 PM
    • 10,131 Posts
    • 116,447 Thanks
    emerald21
    [QUOTE=michaels;74525070]
    Think we have 75 to use in by the end of the month so not impossible - 8 lunches will be 24 for a start.

Really need an additional offer at Mitchell and Butlers group so that I can eat there for free without feeling I am overpaying.....
    Originally posted by emerald21
    I ve probably got about 20 left but I'm struggling with 10 ones got about 7 left .
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th Jul 18, 4:34 PM
    • 10,131 Posts
    • 116,447 Thanks
    emerald21
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19

One if the 10 ones I think.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 13th Jul 18, 4:34 PM
    • 12,992 Posts
    • 146,471 Thanks
    Anon
    We had BellaI for lunch yesterday, LasIgua lunch today ... and bought BellaI takeout on the way home for tea today (and tomorrow) - 100 spent .

If you are going to LasIgua, use your NUS card and get 40% off food/25% off drinks - I still can't bring myself to pay full even when getting it free .

For BellaI, 50% off takeaway on their website for pizza/pasta. There is a 40% off main courses kicking about if you need to discount more than two people - 3 mains on Wontu if only two people eating .

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 13-07-2018 at 6:51 PM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jul 18, 4:35 PM
    • 17,474 Posts
    • 211,492 Thanks
    mhoc
    Brain freeze!

Has it changed? Could not use second code for a cake in the store I went to.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    True - I could feel everything from the sinus freezing upwards, I dont think we will be getting these again!
    As usual OH had to take my phone outside as it just wont log on and open inside
    My store had the usual problems - this time there tills were not accepting card payments - only cash, gift cards and loyalty points.
    The till receipt printer was only printing half of the till roll so one receipt does not have enough detail for the receipt snapping apps and the other is dubious. OH didnt get any receipt.
    But I did accumulate a womble so at least Ive got points to go on.

Then we went to Holland &Barret for free Hippeas - thank you 000002 and at least I got receipts there - these will go into the food bank collection - I still havent got to Mr T ...
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 13th Jul 18, 4:38 PM
    • 7,198 Posts
    • 59,453 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Which one what? Their brands are listed down the left hand side of this page:

https://www.mbplc.com/ourbrands/

The 10 Dine card's appear to be Mitchell and Butler.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Ah ok, I just saw them as 10 dine out or 20 meal vouchers, didnt know the companies.
    Weve been using the 10 ones two at a time at a sizzling pub, two mains and desserts plus two drinks for about 23 so about 3 real money. Only have one of these left now.

Lots of 20 ones left.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 13th Jul 18, 5:16 PM
    • 3,793 Posts
    • 37,105 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Hello from Spain everyone. I have just caught up -- very sorry to hear your news Zippy.

I'd hoped there would be news of wonderful online bargains so that i could partake from here, but nothing . I don't even have the Sparks free jewellery or the Nectar offers. I used to do all the 'swipe your card in the local' offers and now they have stopped giving them to me.

My great luxury is the annual holiday, not very mse, I am afraid, but we are having a wonderful time and are making the most of various hotel offers which are around. I never thought I'd decide to go to northern Spain because it is cooler than England! We are having lovely weather here, it's hot, but not too hot, and, of course, there is air conditioning everywhere. The only downside is that I keep wondering how my poor garden is doing...
    • newbie1980
    • By newbie1980 13th Jul 18, 5:20 PM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 23,291 Thanks
    newbie1980
    I usually get 2 naked smoothies and usually have to pay 6O p but today had 40 p left with two codes I mean
    Originally posted by emerald21
    codes were 2.95 today up fron 2.45
    • Sunflower1227
    • By Sunflower1227 13th Jul 18, 5:42 PM
    • 1,629 Posts
    • 22,042 Thanks
    Sunflower1227
    Thank you Di, would love to come but depends on where & what sort of time. I have volunteered to chauffeur dd and dog to the Lake District in the afternoon x
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    Wave to me on the way past

I cant make the meeting
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 13th Jul 18, 5:59 PM
    • 37,367 Posts
    • 157,368 Thanks
    silvercar
    Still waiting for raindrops here.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,215Posts Today

9,576Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @samgio1997: So glad you talked about the importance of taking out holiday insurance on this morning as a few years ago my auntie's pare?

• RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• Follow Martin