Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,660Posts
    • 37,103Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2056
    • lookinforabargain
    • By lookinforabargain 13th Jul 18, 11:53 AM
    • 9,004 Posts
    • 149,069 Thanks
    lookinforabargain
    No stavia in my co-op.
    The meal deal in the frozen section looked okay if you have freezer space.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    I've got it for free again today after getting it yesterday Hope they'll pay out 4.99 again
    ...those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

PRIDE

There's a fork in the road, which way will you go
    You standing still or will you step into the great unknown,
    Is yours to decide, this is your life.

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Jul 18, 11:53 AM
    • 20,061 Posts
    • 213,158 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Morning all

We finally had rain overnight and the temp has dropped from 24 to 16 degrees - cats are very confused
    Originally posted by mhoc
    So jealous, not had rain here for several weeks. In fact I can't recall the last time it rained here I was going to clear out the shed this morning but they said thunderstorms any time after 11. No sign of them yet Maybe I should have done the shed, might have actually got some rain then
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jul 18, 11:59 AM
    • 17,699 Posts
    • 213,071 Thanks
    mhoc
    mhoc you are very efficient.
    Would you like to chase my virgin points please?
    I would if I could but the data protection age keeps getting in the way. If its OHs accounts that need chasing up I have to go via his phone and via his FB account - even though his email address and the nectar account email are different ......it adds another layer of difficulty!
    Last edited by mhoc; 13-07-2018 at 12:17 PM.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 13th Jul 18, 12:00 PM
    • 3,271 Posts
    • 34,051 Thanks
    curl girl
    I've got it for free again today after getting it yesterday Hope they'll pay out 4.99 again
    Originally posted by lookinforabargain
    Well done.
    My little co-op is rubbish.
    Last time I went the girl on the till gave me my receipt and then screwed up the next receipt that popped out.
    She did this twice.
    I'm sure she was throwing away coupons?
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Jul 18, 12:01 PM
    • 2,467 Posts
    • 29,708 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    O3 saime, exactly noon.
    Rip Off!!

Tried for Edinburgh Dungeons and Oban Sealife on separate phones at same time, noon exactly.

Unable to connect and then OOS all within 30 seconds. You have to be kidding!

NOT a happy bunny.
    Last edited by braveheart60uk; 13-07-2018 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Grrr
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 13th Jul 18, 12:03 PM
    • 3,271 Posts
    • 34,051 Thanks
    curl girl
    I would if I could but the data protection age keeps getting in the way. If its OHs accounts that need chasing up I have to go via his phone and via his FB account - even though his email address and the nectar account email are different ......it ads another layer of difficulty!
    Everything is so time consuming........

I may spend my points on fuel soon, as the supermarkets seem to be cutting back on offers and I can't see a double up happening?
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th Jul 18, 12:04 PM
    • 10,278 Posts
    • 117,400 Thanks
    emerald21
    You have to make sure that you give your costalot card over first before scanning the wuntoo app - they should go on straight away - I use my plastic card and then look at the costalot app on my phone to check the balance.
    Its useful to have previous receipts with you- I am going to dig mine out now incase I have the same issues as you

Hi what do the points work out atplease is it one point for 1 eg

Good Afternoon all
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jul 18, 12:08 PM
    • 17,699 Posts
    • 213,071 Thanks
    mhoc
    Hi what do the points work out atplease is it one point for 1 eg

Good Afternoon all
    Originally posted by emerald21
    that's a good question, all I know is that is 10 points per coffee when I use wuntoo
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jul 18, 12:09 PM
    • 17,699 Posts
    • 213,071 Thanks
    mhoc
    Everything is so time consuming........

I may spend my points on fuel soon, as the supermarkets seem to be cutting back on offers and I can't see a double up happening?
    Previously I've bought Amazon gift cards in store when I needed those but otherwise its usually something from Argos that I spend points on
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jul 18, 12:15 PM
    • 17,699 Posts
    • 213,071 Thanks
    mhoc
    Which reminds me I still need to get a cat carrier

So far I've whittled it down to Wilkos small ones which are 10 using a love2shop voucher or Argos medium ones for 15 using a gift voucher and nectar points
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 13th Jul 18, 12:17 PM
    • 3,271 Posts
    • 34,051 Thanks
    curl girl
    Previously I've bought Amazon gift cards in store when I needed those but otherwise its usually something from Argos that I spend points on
    Gift cards are a good idea.
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 13th Jul 18, 12:17 PM
    • 16,828 Posts
    • 282,182 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    So jealous, not had rain here for several weeks. In fact I can't recall the last time it rained here I was going to clear out the shed this morning but they said thunderstorms any time after 11. No sign of them yet Maybe I should have done the shed, might have actually got some rain then
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    we've just had a lovely little downpour
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 13th Jul 18, 12:19 PM
    • 3,271 Posts
    • 34,051 Thanks
    curl girl
    Which reminds me I still need to get a cat carrier

So far I've whittled it down to Wilkos small ones which are 10 using a love2shop voucher or Argos medium ones for 15 using a gift voucher and nectar points
    When we had our cat we bought a fabulous cat carrier from Argos, navy blue fabric with white mesh Windows. It unzipped at both ends then folded flat for storage. It was a brilliant design.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Jul 18, 12:33 PM
    • 20,061 Posts
    • 213,158 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    we've just had a lovely little downpour
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Send it here, pleeeeeaaaasssseeee.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • altojack
    • By altojack 13th Jul 18, 1:06 PM
    • 9,195 Posts
    • 126,847 Thanks
    altojack
    I'm H A P P Y, I'm H A P P Y. I know I am, I'm sure I am.
    I'm H A P P Y

DuckDuckGo has me go go going

My Birkenstocks have me

I love my Birkenstocks, comfy on my feet, don't dig in. I was interested to read that these Madrid's were designed to excercise the feet, encouraging circulation . Thank you dearest Snap xx
    There's no place like home

Clearing Stash of Freebies and Samples of beauty products
    1st Feb 2017/18 Out 255 In 67
    1st Feb 2018/19 Out 69 In 18
    • altojack
    • By altojack 13th Jul 18, 1:14 PM
    • 9,195 Posts
    • 126,847 Thanks
    altojack
    Such a lot to catch-up on as I've been busy busy busy the last couple of days, studies and writing and typing. My osteo in my fingers is complaining today.

I've got car insurance to get quotes on, order a new bank card, and a heap of reading both here to catch-up, and looking for naughty boys of the 1950s, 60s and 70s in Newcastle. Racketeers are the guys I'm after serious business in some cases I've read about in other parts of the Country.

We had rain, well a spritz I would describe it as. Don't think it hit the ground, it dried up before landing

Hugs to the Elite poorly and special thoughts to those low in mind and body. Your in my thoughts.

• altojack
    • By altojack 13th Jul 18, 1:16 PM
    • 9,195 Posts
    • 126,847 Thanks
    altojack
    Off to start catching up. Back later xx

• michaels
    • By michaels 13th Jul 18, 1:53 PM
    • 21,314 Posts
    • 98,663 Thanks
    michaels
    [QUOTE=elainemn;74522821]
    For some reason the Lloyds kids accounts suddenly appeared on dws online banking but the hfax ones have not appeared on mine. Still the reduction in interest payable balance from 20k per account to 5k has let us scrambling, lets just hope nwide do not get any ideas...

HI Michaels, can you please remind me which Halifax kids account had the interest change as DD might have quite a bit in this account and I need to change it to something better. Do you know where best to put it? She is 14 now and it is actually her not mine so want the best interest and can tie it up for a few years if necessary as she does not know about it and it is her house deposit fund as we have saved her family allowance for her since birth. Thanks
    Originally posted by michaels
    So Child's instant access savings account at Lloyds and Halifax, identical except lloyds pays interest quarterly and hfax annually. From 21 July 2% interest rate on up to 20k reduced to up to 5k.

Nationwide child saver 1 withdrawal per annum or lose interest pays 2.5% on up to 50k.

I picked up my order and the tills were not giving out the 5 vouchers so they emailed one instead.

I have things to return, could you confirm it's the Mansfield NG18 9DD address please michaels?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    I just google it each time, probably last done about 12 months ago.

For AP 20 vouchers, I notice this on Las Iguanas ...

https://www.iguanas.co.uk/shop

Maybe not ideal, probably overpriced, and not sure if available in the restaurant, but a route to using them up to add to your meal? Using NUS you apparently get 40% off food, 25% off drinks - I have no idea whether that would work with this too but a discount meal out with a few sealed drinks to takeaway (potentially reduced) ...

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    In Grggs asked if I could pay for a 5 gift card with a 5 ap but the till wouldn't accept it.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Jul 18, 2:00 PM
    • 2,467 Posts
    • 29,708 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Costalot
    Brain freeze!

Has it changed? Could not use second code for a cake in the store I went to.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Jul 18, 2:07 PM
    • 2,467 Posts
    • 29,708 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Straw had to be turned upside down to get last of the slushie

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

100Posts Today

1,793Users online

Martin's Twitter