Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,834Posts
    • 37,592Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2055
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 13th Jul 18, 8:41 AM
    • 708 Posts
    • 8,624 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    Morning All,

Just bought one of these for GDs advent calendar that I make up each year. All Boxed Up. That said with all these SD bargains Ive probably got 3 years worth of stuff now.. I just cant stop myself.

SnS
    • Anon
    • By Anon 13th Jul 18, 8:43 AM
    • 13,633 Posts
    • 152,229 Thanks
    Anon
    No sign of the free drink in Costalot coughee yet.
    Seems that companies think a day is 18 hours and starts at 6am or even 8am
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Wuntu is nearly always 8?

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 13th Jul 18, 8:45 AM
    • 13,633 Posts
    • 152,229 Thanks
    Anon
    Morning all

How the hell do you get on Argos testers?! I have been trying for about a year and all i ever get is the "keep coming back to this page" page
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    I applied when it was highlighted on here and was rejected .

My sample review was obviously not up to scratch .

We could start a list of Elite not in the scheme .

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 13-07-2018 at 9:00 AM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 13th Jul 18, 8:46 AM
    • 13,633 Posts
    • 152,229 Thanks
    Anon
    For AP 20 vouchers, I notice this on Las Iguanas ...

https://www.iguanas.co.uk/shop

Maybe not ideal, probably overpriced, and not sure if available in the restaurant, but a route to using them up to add to your meal? Using NUS you apparently get 40% off food, 25% off drinks - I have no idea whether that would work with this too but a discount meal out with a few sealed drinks to takeaway (potentially reduced) ...

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 13-07-2018 at 8:51 AM.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 13th Jul 18, 8:55 AM
    • 6,960 Posts
    • 92,644 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

We have had rain overnight. Have more forecast for later today.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • Anon
    • By Anon 13th Jul 18, 8:58 AM
    • 13,633 Posts
    • 152,229 Thanks
    Anon
    Build a bear 12 voucher, instore only. Discussion suggests some bears are 13 instore?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/log-in-to-your-build-a-bear-account-for-12-off-in-store-voucher

HTH

Anon
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 13th Jul 18, 9:06 AM
    • 3,622 Posts
    • 37,028 Thanks
    curl girl
    I am

Extra Fresh
    Clean comfort
    Cool Fresh

All work T v A

Profit m'dears
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Thanks. Enjoy yourself!
    Can anyone confirm the other 2 flavours please?
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 13th Jul 18, 9:14 AM
    • 6,960 Posts
    • 92,644 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Does anyone know where you can buy kaolin from please.

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th Jul 18, 9:17 AM
    • 20,577 Posts
    • 216,939 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Does anyone know where you can buy kaolin from please.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Amazon? What sort of kaolin are you after?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 13th Jul 18, 9:58 AM
    • 7,475 Posts
    • 61,539 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    I know where I am in the pecking order.

Behind the massive TV and a posh coffee machine - such is life
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I am well down the list with my one any only test - an electric blanket was worth 95 though and parents are enjoying it.

Not been offered anything since

I went to Costalot this morning, got a coffee, toastie to cook later and a lemon muffin all free with 3x wontons.
    Points were not on my receipt, and they tried the excuse "It's because you paid with gift card" and "they will go on in next 24hrs", so I just left it and have emailed them.

Didn't realise they were for 2.95 this week, so still have 1 left, so may go back for a 'medium' flat white
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 13th Jul 18, 10:02 AM
    • 7,475 Posts
    • 61,539 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    I hate it that they never have the cheapest ones in store only on the website / charge more if they do have them. It used to be free delivery for a large spend on the website and if you google there is a freepost returns address - jobs a good un....
    Originally posted by michaels
    I picked up my order and the tills were not giving out the 5 vouchers so they emailed one instead.

I have things to return, could you confirm it's the Mansfield NG18 9DD address please michaels?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • tbw
    • By tbw 13th Jul 18, 10:38 AM
    • 4,879 Posts
    • 56,471 Thanks
    tbw
    I applied when it was highlighted on here and was rejected .

My sample review was obviously not up to scratch .

We could start a list of Elite not in the scheme .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I got accepted but, since the acceptance email, I have had sweet FA!
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 13th Jul 18, 10:40 AM
    • 6,960 Posts
    • 92,644 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning all

Permission to go AWOL for the week although I will drop by to browse

We have two large suitcases and a bag of buckets and spades, plus food and towels for everyone and that's before we start on our own stuff

A gliche in wine would be good as there is a Tesco nearby

Di and all other members of the coven enjoy that meetup

I met up with our very own BB last week twas lovely

Take care and hugs to all my elite family
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Have a fabulous holiday.

Amazon? What sort of kaolin are you after?
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Been told its good for dogs with diarrhoea .

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jul 18, 11:05 AM
    • 17,970 Posts
    • 215,427 Thanks
    mhoc
    I am well down the list with my one any only test - an electric blanket was worth 95 though and parents are enjoying it.

Not been offered anything since

I went to Costalot this morning, got a coffee, toastie to cook later and a lemon muffin all free with 3x wontons.
    Points were not on my receipt, and they tried the excuse "It's because you paid with gift card" and "they will go on in next 24hrs", so I just left it and have emailed them.

Didn't realise they were for 2.95 this week, so still have 1 left, so may go back for a 'medium' flat white
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    You have to make sure that you give your costalot card over first before scanning the wuntoo app - they should go on straight away - I use my plastic card and then look at the costalot app on my phone to check the balance.
    Its useful to have previous receipts with you- I am going to dig mine out now incase I have the same issues as you
    Last edited by mhoc; 13-07-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jul 18, 11:08 AM
    • 17,970 Posts
    • 215,427 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all

We finally had rain overnight and the temp has dropped from 24 to 16 degrees - cats are very confused
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 13th Jul 18, 11:11 AM
    • 6,960 Posts
    • 92,644 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    I have just posted on the Charities Board, a post about a friends daughter, who has a brain tumour, she is desperately trying to raise money for her to have treatment, she has been to America and it is looking good that her brain tumour can be cured. NHS cant do anything more for her, as she has already had far too much radiotherapy and chemo. She is travelling to Poland every 2 weeks for some drug to be administered, as you can imagine the cost of this is rising.

If anyone could donate, it would be very much appreciated.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Her story is here:-

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5867744

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 13th Jul 18, 11:16 AM
    • 7,475 Posts
    • 61,539 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    You have to make sure that you give your costalot card over first before scanning the wuntoo app - they should go on straight away - I use my plastic card and then look at the costalot app on my phone to check the balance.
    Its useful to have previous receipts with you- I am going to dig mine out now incase I have the same issues as you
    Yes I always do that too - plastic card then Wonton gift cards.
    Its not the first time this has happened to me, had a few occasions in the past where the points havent gone on but m points card showing in the receipt. I think its to do with something they do on the till. Same has happened to me in Subway too.

I always get a receipt in Costalot and Subway now.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jul 18, 11:21 AM
    • 17,970 Posts
    • 215,427 Thanks
    mhoc
    So I was going though the activity list on nectar yesterday and I remembered the last sainsburys local offer - use your card in Sainsburys local and get 200 points. I got M&Ms with OHs card and tea bags with mine
    These points went on automatically - I think this must have been the first time points have gone on without a nudge
    But the weekend I did these shops from Sainsburys I had another offer sent via email - buy M&Ms and get 100 points - I activated the offer and screen shot it and I just thought it would go on about the same time as the 200 point offer.
    It didn't so I messaged nectar via Fb as usual with the screen shot and all the usual ID needed - date, place of transaction, card number, DOB, email address etc, nice chat with my new best friend Gary and 100 points added on this morning
    - OK, its only 100 points but even so, OHs account was used to buy the new lawn mower so it will be a very long time before the total builds up again ...

But on the plus side we did get the Sainsburys local 200 points on both cards - so I got OHs peanut m&ms on his card and red teabags on mine - and yes I have marked the google calender.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 13th Jul 18, 11:44 AM
    • 3,622 Posts
    • 37,028 Thanks
    curl girl
    mhoc you are very efficient.
    Would you like to chase my virgin points please?
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 13th Jul 18, 11:45 AM
    • 3,622 Posts
    • 37,028 Thanks
    curl girl
    No stavia in my co-op.
    The meal deal in the frozen section looked okay if you have freezer space.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

522Posts Today

4,444Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: On Brexit, which is more important to you right now certainty or outcome. Ie would you prefe? https://t.co/En38QfRh3o

• Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Follow Martin