Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,543Posts
    • 36,893Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2054
    • simone10
    • By simone10 12th Jul 18, 11:36 PM
    • 1,034 Posts
    • 13,396 Thanks
    simone10
    Dove Deo AvS
    I'm on flyby

Has anyone mentioned the Dove Deoderants on Shopmium?

3.50 in T comparing to 2 in A

A chance to make a profit.

I'm thinking that Brand guarantee is ending this weekend so don't hang around
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    mhoc did yesterday.
    Have they been confirmed please?
    Tia.

Thought you were on holiday?!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Yes me, at least I started a post yesterday but then thought better of it - I dont think Mr T does all of the flavours and I dont think they all compare. I think the silver might be the difficult one to avoid. Mr t does 3 of the other 4 - but our Mr T is small so I am not certain it even has any of them ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I can't post the comparison but was in Asda using APG's. Bought all 5 varieties with a few low value fillers. They all compared AvS as 2 in A and S. Got a 1.02 APG, and will get 5 back on ShopM. Going to T wasn't an option this week and I did have some expiring APG's
    5for 1 sweets NOT showing on APG
    Cadburys Buttons bc 7622210 783974 no show on A.com
    Freddo Caramel bc 7622210 783967 no show on A.com
    Freddo Caramel bc 7622210 724731. This showed on A.com but came up as not available.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 13th Jul 18, 12:22 AM
    • 20,964 Posts
    • 96,987 Thanks
    michaels
    Dear H4lifax

We have our Kids accounts with you for the higher rate on the regular saver. But in your wisdom this year all the statements come out in my name only, with no mention of the child's name anymore? What is the point of that? It is not my account, I am just a trustee! You have just created more work as I now have to find old statements to match up the account numbers. You really do make life more difficult - when you merged with Ll0yds you removed online access so we cannot regularly check the balance without traipsing into branch.

This is not really what you expect from a major bank.

Your sincerely

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    For some reason the Lloyds kids accounts suddenly appeared on dws online banking but the hfax ones have not appeared on mine. Still the reduction in interest payable balance from 20k per account to 5k has let us scrambling, lets just hope nwide do not get any ideas...

Ahem, rather expensive posh coffee machine over here
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Is it too late to become a new volunteer?

Too chatty today, catching up has put me well past bed time
    Should probably mention the Clas Ohsen in Croydon is closing down with 50% off everything making some good prices, flames effect electric fire 27 quid , steel frame gazebo 50 quid. Problem is whilst it is great for work, getting stuff home involves a 15 min walk to the station and a 50 min train journey, can't quite see how this is compatible with the 30kg gazebo in the 1.50m box.
    Last edited by michaels; 13-07-2018 at 12:27 AM.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • michaels
    • By michaels 13th Jul 18, 12:29 AM
    • 20,964 Posts
    • 96,987 Thanks
    michaels
    They also have home automation kits for 20 quid. Now I like tech but I don't understand why I would want to be able to dim the lights or switch on a socket using my phone from the next room or the other side of the world. What am I missing?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Jul 18, 12:32 AM
    • 26,509 Posts
    • 320,511 Thanks
    davemorton
    For some reason the Lloyds kids accounts suddenly appeared on dws online banking but the hfax ones have not appeared on mine. Still the reduction in interest payable balance from 20k per account to 5k has let us scrambling, lets just hope nwide do not get any ideas...

Is it too late to become a new volunteer?

Too chatty today, catching up has put me well past bed time
    Should probably mention the Clas Ohsen in Croydon is closing down with 50% off everything making some good prices, flames effect electric fire 27 quid , steel frame gazebo 50 quid. Problem is whilst it is great for work, getting stuff home involves a 15 min walk to the station and a 50 min train journey, can't quite see how this is compatible with the 30kg gazebo in the 1.50m box.
    Originally posted by michaels
    Itsvery hit/miss, just when they open their window really.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Jul 18, 5:46 AM
    • 2,304 Posts
    • 28,362 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    WonTwo
    No sign of the free drink in Costalot coughee yet.
    Seems that companies think a day is 18 hours and starts at 6am or even 8am
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jul 18, 6:09 AM
    • 29,656 Posts
    • 427,538 Thanks
    tweets
    I know where I am in the pecking order.

Behind the massive TV and a posh coffee machine - such is life
    Originally posted by mhoc
    They have completely forgot about me
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jul 18, 6:10 AM
    • 29,656 Posts
    • 427,538 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Jul 18, 6:21 AM
    • 2,304 Posts
    • 28,362 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    WonTwo
    Now showing free Costalot drink AND at 2.95 . Another 25p off drink for using own mug, this applies to both hot AND cold drinks, so possible value 3.20.
    Last edited by braveheart60uk; 13-07-2018 at 7:23 AM. Reason: spell checker error
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 13th Jul 18, 6:36 AM
    • 3,723 Posts
    • 38,331 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning

Pandoraskids we are having a nw covern meet up on Monday if you can make it. It would be lovely to see you there.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 12.5lb
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 13th Jul 18, 6:45 AM
    • 3,279 Posts
    • 49,786 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning. Happy Friday everyone
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 13th Jul 18, 6:49 AM
    • 3,279 Posts
    • 49,786 Thanks
    elainemn
    [QUOTE=michaels;74522572]For some reason the Lloyds kids accounts suddenly appeared on dws online banking but the hfax ones have not appeared on mine. Still the reduction in interest payable balance from 20k per account to 5k has let us scrambling, lets just hope nwide do not get any ideas...

HI Michaels, can you please remind me which Halifax kids account had the interest change as DD might have quite a bit in this account and I need to change it to something better. Do you know where best to put it? She is 14 now and it is actually her not mine so want the best interest and can tie it up for a few years if necessary as she does not know about it and it is her house deposit fund as we have saved her family allowance for her since birth. Thanks
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th Jul 18, 7:15 AM
    • 35,169 Posts
    • 485,799 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    mhoc did yesterday.
    Have they been confirmed please?
    Tia.

Thought you were on holiday?!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    I am

Extra Fresh
    Clean comfort
    Cool Fresh

All work T v A

Profit m'dears
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 13th Jul 18, 7:23 AM
    • 3,974 Posts
    • 54,769 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

Permission to go AWOL for the week although I will drop by to browse

We have two large suitcases and a bag of buckets and spades, plus food and towels for everyone and that's before we start on our own stuff

A gliche in wine would be good as there is a Tesco nearby

Di and all other members of the coven enjoy that meetup

I met up with our very own BB last week twas lovely

Take care and hugs to all my elite family
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 13th Jul 18, 7:27 AM
    • 3,723 Posts
    • 38,331 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Mrsmac have a fabulous holiday.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 12.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jul 18, 7:41 AM
    • 29,656 Posts
    • 427,538 Thanks
    tweets
    zagubov was yesterday's smartest player!

25 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Friday): *** FunTrivia Mixed Bag (default)
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 13th Jul 18, 7:44 AM
    • 16,778 Posts
    • 281,964 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Morning all

How the hell do you get on Argos testers?! I have been trying for about a year and all i ever get is the "keep coming back to this page" page
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 13th Jul 18, 7:52 AM
    • 4,224 Posts
    • 46,724 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Friday.
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 13th Jul 18, 7:58 AM
    • 385 Posts
    • 11,642 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Good morning

Pandoraskids we are having a nw covern meet up on Monday if you can make it. It would be lovely to see you there.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Thank you Di, would love to come but depends on where & what sort of time. I have volunteered to chauffeur dd and dog to the Lake District in the afternoon x
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 13th Jul 18, 8:12 AM
    • 5,544 Posts
    • 72,657 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all

Argos Testers I was supposed to be testing a bike. They keep chasing for my review and I keep telling them I haven't received it. It was supposedly dispatched on June 12th but has never arrived

No McD thing here, I thought it looked revolting. I wouldn't even give it to the dog on the piece of string. Remember the summer when they had a game where we kept getting free smoothies? Now they were delicious.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 13th Jul 18, 8:16 AM
    • 3,723 Posts
    • 38,331 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Thank you Di, would love to come but depends on where & what sort of time. I have volunteered to chauffeur dd and dog to the Lake District in the afternoon x
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    You could maybe call in on your way past I'll PM you now x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,241Posts Today

6,959Users online

Martin's Twitter