Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,769Posts
    • 37,500Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2052
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Jul 18, 5:47 PM
    • 3,464 Posts
    • 35,656 Thanks
    curl girl
    W sent me 4 off 40 vouchers again - when have ai ever spent that much? Never! Your promo technique needs refinement. Why not send me vouchers off smaller value shops (or larger discounts) to entice me then ease me to higher spends ...?

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    40 is a low shop in W if the customers I've stood behind are anything to go by.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 12th Jul 18, 5:52 PM
    • 15,094 Posts
    • 239,634 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Oooh, I love those. Won a box of boxes quite a few years ago, still have one or two knocking around. Not intended for it but use them for when I have a sore throut, they last a while and keep it moist.

Didn't see anything reduced in our SD, but didn't look in the sweet section.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Exactly what I use them for
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Jul 18, 5:53 PM
    • 28,405 Posts
    • 388,036 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    W sent me 4 off 40 vouchers again - when have ai ever spent that much? Never! Your promo technique needs refinement. Why not send me vouchers off smaller value shops (or larger discounts) to entice me then ease me to higher spends ...?

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Last year I was getting 8 off 40. They have certainly cut back.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 12th Jul 18, 5:54 PM
    • 15,094 Posts
    • 239,634 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Ah yes Boots, was it time of the vitamin glitch? I still have a box of vits floating around. Will be way past their BB

Don't know why I have never got any Ricolas before. Do you recommend them zippy?
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Never paid for any but recommend for sore throats
    • pippo
    • By pippo 12th Jul 18, 5:55 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 36,624 Thanks
    pippo
    they probably feed the dog before they feed themselves
    Originally posted by mhoc
    A couple of years ago after a hospital appointment I sat and had a coffee outside a coffee shop in Durham. Random bloke kept talking to me it was election time and he was spouting rubbish about political parties that didn't make sense. I nodded appropriately and than pretended to be busy with my phone.

He was drinking a coffee (in a takeaway cup) from that coffee shop, but kept trying to give me muffins and shortbread from Greggs that he said his mam had given him, I tried to politely refuse, but he left them on my table. when I left I just left them there.

Shortly afterwards, walking up Silver St, there he was, in a doorway, on a blanket, and yes, there was a dog!!

I didn't realise that I looked that rough!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 12th Jul 18, 6:07 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 36,624 Thanks
    pippo
    No Argos cashback via Quidco.
    Couldn't even find a Zeek gift voucher I might be able to spend in the near future!
    Originally posted by Lima-India
    Argos is on kidstart - 1% cashback.

Kidstart takes an age to become 'payable', but you do get cashback from John Lewis, next and boots which don't seem to be on the usual sites, also there is a 5 referral bonus

You just need to have or know a child (under 18) that you want to save for and you can link payouts to their account or your own.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 12th Jul 18, 6:08 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 36,624 Thanks
    pippo
    I have 296** so even more than the OP but Marks don't love me any more - the only offer I have this week is 5 off a 35 food order - that is it, nothing else at all

The jewellery could be good for Christmas goody bags if you do manage to get the offer but otherwise - well there are some very cute odds and ends on Amazon that take about 3 months to arrive from the far east which are probably the same quality
    They don't love me either, only food offers here too!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 12th Jul 18, 6:14 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 36,624 Thanks
    pippo
    Oops, I must be getting 'gobby' again, but I'm caught up now.

As I have been doing my volunteering today the grumpy one is cooking......

It would be so much easier to do it myself!

The number of questions,moans and grump is unbelievable!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Jul 18, 6:27 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,872 Thanks
    mhoc
    Oops, I must be getting 'gobby' again, but I'm caught up now.

As I have been doing my volunteering today the grumpy one is cooking......

It would be so much easier to do it myself!

The number of questions,moans and grump is unbelievable!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Can he find anything though?
    My grumpty git will only cook if I fetch everything out for his - even things clearly at eye level in the fridge or cupboard. Every thing has a set place in the freezer and fridge but even so he wont get them out himself.
    If he starts work on the salad before I am ready (which is a 2 person job to get everything cut up and ready) he will only take a few things out of the fridge at a time, In this weather opening and shutting the fridge door a dozen times does not do thermostats much good - I try and tell him ...
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Jul 18, 6:35 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,872 Thanks
    mhoc
    I don't think I will ever be forgiven for that one

In all honesty I am still in shock myself

Is that one of those constant hot water things? They sound rather useful.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    So are we all, in shock!

No, just a normal version of water heating - my expectations are very low so I am rarely disappointed!

-( I am trying to be covert as its an open thread and Argooose probably know that we discuss them at regular intervals )

Your reputation will go before you forever - every freebie and offer is now judged against Enterprise and the massive TV You need to put them in your signature - Yes I did get a massive TV for free but I am still loveable
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • SW42
    • By SW42 12th Jul 18, 6:42 PM
    • 489 Posts
    • 8,250 Thanks
    SW42
    Thanks SW42 for the picture.

I saw the garnier moisture bomb in a couple of stores for 2 too but I wasn't sure how good that price was so left them there. I have so many SD face cream bargains.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Not as good a bargain as the loreal for sure, but not many bargains in my local so I got it anyway
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Jul 18, 6:49 PM
    • 30,430 Posts
    • 432,920 Thanks
    tweets
    Didn't you give him anything for the dog?
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk

Don't you start the treats are for his dog
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Jul 18, 6:56 PM
    • 20,362 Posts
    • 215,256 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    So are we all, in shock!

No, just a normal version of water heating - my expectations are very low so I am rarely disappointed!

-( I am trying to be covert as its an open thread and Argooose probably know that we discuss them at regular intervals )

Your reputation will go before you forever - every freebie and offer is now judged against Enterprise and the massive TV You need to put them in your signature - Yes I did get a massive TV for free but I am still loveable
    I don't think they mind - search Argos Testers on twitter, they encourage you to put it on social media.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 12th Jul 18, 6:56 PM
    • 2,794 Posts
    • 31,916 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    I always buy mine online then get them fitted locally. Try places like mytyres, camskill and oponeo (some of these, you can also opt for a delivery to a local tyre fitter with a price quoted for fitting). Also worth checking out Asda tyres and Black Circle for fitted prices if they do your area, and costco if you are a member.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Thanks DM, dh ordered thru black circle before, but we checked all the above ended up going direct to one of the garages one of which we would never have thought of going to if it hadn't come up on asda tyres, also managed to get a discount code and getting done in the morning
    • gocat
    • By gocat 12th Jul 18, 7:03 PM
    • 5,366 Posts
    • 61,678 Thanks
    gocat
    COS whole earth granules reduced to 3:50 but got 4.99 back
    Originally posted by LANGO1966
    Was your co op on the list of shops they show on CoS. Just wondered as there are none of my local co-ops showing on CoS for this offer and wondered how reliable it is.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 12th Jul 18, 7:08 PM
    • 2,794 Posts
    • 31,916 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Went to main dealer for cars 1st mot, it failed due to a split in a tyre and 2 other tyres were advised to be changed, the tread was fine but the condition of them is not good, I think probably due to the awful road surface and pot holes especially on M11 with my weekly journey to and fro to London.
    After some pointers from DM new tyres fitted locally tomorrow then back to Norwich for the mot next Thursday, I don't get home from London til Wednesday evening ... phew!!!
    ...but ... theres always a but, but this but is good
    Norwich is the nearest place to use our 10 AP, we found a nice vintage pub who lso happen to be on the list for shoppmium free Ribena drinks so today we had the lunchtime special 2 courses and 2 bottles of free Ribena, paid using AP uploaded receipt in pub for shopmium and have already been paid 2.70 x 2 into paypal
    We purchased another 2 bottles with the remaining credit on one of the AP for DH shopmum...
    so back there again next week to use our remaining AP vouchers when we have the car re mot
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 12th Jul 18, 7:10 PM
    • 2,794 Posts
    • 31,916 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    COS whole earth granules reduced to 3:50 but got 4.99 back
    Originally posted by LANGO1966
    I was just going to post the same

my coop wasn't on the list but they did have them in store and ive already been paid
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Jul 18, 7:15 PM
    • 20,362 Posts
    • 215,256 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I think I am going to go nuts soon, this is irritating me that much.

On FB on my phone, not on my tab or lappie, there is a message notification. I have gone right through all the messages, there is not one that I have not dealt with. After today's update the app kept crashing so I uninstalled it and reinstalled. For a blissful hour or two there was no message notification there.

Guess what, it has reappeared

Any ideas please?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Jul 18, 7:17 PM
    • 53,183 Posts
    • 630,336 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • pippo
    • By pippo 12th Jul 18, 8:25 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 36,624 Thanks
    pippo
    Can he find anything though?
    My grumpty git will only cook if I fetch everything out for his - even things clearly at eye level in the fridge or cupboard. Every thing has a set place in the freezer and fridge but even so he wont get them out himself.
    If he starts work on the salad before I am ready (which is a 2 person job to get everything cut up and ready) he will only take a few things out of the fridge at a time, In this weather opening and shutting the fridge door a dozen times does not do thermostats much good - I try and tell him ...
    Oh they must be brothers!!

He had decided today, while I was out that we would have 'peppered steaklets' and had got them out of the freezer, and told e when I got home that that was what we were having.. I, a bit naughty , said 'and what are you doing with those?
    Well, have we got any new pots? Me thinking 'just bl00dy look' oh yes...
    10 mins later, do you want some sauce or relish with this?
    Yep.. one of those from the bottom shelf (I'm seriously avoiding going into the kitchen at this time)

Well he says, I didn't know we had those... the most recent bb date is over a year ago - they've been there for yonks!

Surprisingly the meal was nice!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

45Posts Today

2,685Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin