Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,540Posts
    • 36,891Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2051
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Jul 18, 3:46 PM
    • 27,867 Posts
    • 383,766 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Nothing mega exciting!

There were a few reduced wines on an end aisle , mostly expensive ones.
    Last week I bought just one bottle of Lambrusco Bianco light only 4% but a nice summer drink, liked it so thought I'd get more if they still had it. Today reduced to 2.20 then 55p discount.

So maybe all 75cl bottles are 25% off regardless of price?
    Originally posted by curl girl
    It might have something to do with the ABV %. I think the law on minimum pricing is connected to that. So with it being only 4% it probably still qualifies for the discount. I'm sure someone will understand how the minimum price per unit/bottle works better than me.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Jul 18, 3:50 PM
    • 27,867 Posts
    • 383,766 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Thanks for the salsa/powder info, just got 4 worth of assorted dressings and spices.

Also 20p.
    Kettle Crisps, discoveries, Yorkshire wensleydale & Cox apple chutney flavour! 130g bag.
    Only 3 bags left I my store so cleared the shelf.

Can confirm that conditional spends can be used on wine as well.
    Careful that's about what I got and DM though I was being greedy.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Jul 18, 4:01 PM
    • 2,952 Posts
    • 31,764 Thanks
    curl girl
    Careful that's about what I got and DM though I was being greedy.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    It's only 20 items total, 2 or 4 of each that I thought I'd use.
    Would have liked more salsa but there was only 4 on the shelf.
    Plus they were only little bottles, didn't see wraps though.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Jul 18, 4:03 PM
    • 2,952 Posts
    • 31,764 Thanks
    curl girl
    It might have something to do with the ABV %. I think the law on minimum pricing is connected to that. So with it being only 4% it probably still qualifies for the discount. I'm sure someone will understand how the minimum price per unit/bottle works better than me.
    Could be, won't stop me trying at the weekend though!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Jul 18, 4:08 PM
    • 27,867 Posts
    • 383,766 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    It's only 20 items total, 2 or 4 of each that I thought I'd use.
    Would have liked more salsa but there was only 4 on the shelf.
    Plus they were only little bottles, didn't see wraps though.
    I was only joking/having bit of fun about it curl girl, sorry if I offended

I love managing to get the 20p bits when they come up in Sainsbobs. There was about 16 OEP zesty salsas so I had half of them.

Got 5 of each of the latin America mixes, but by the time I give both DDs some of each there will be couple of each left for us here.

Last year must have been about the same time I got loads of different wraps which we were eating for ages. Shame I went off on a M&S beer hunt yesterday instead.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Jul 18, 4:13 PM
    • 27,867 Posts
    • 383,766 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    One of my local SD's is closing to become a Savers on Saturday.

Anyone know if they will reduce the SD branded stuff or will it just get sent to other stores?

The shelves were just starting to look empty of their own brand today, nothing was reduced except the normal bargains I have been finding elsewhere.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Jul 18, 4:19 PM
    • 27,867 Posts
    • 383,766 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Free jewellery on sparks, account specific, OP has 23000 points.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/selected-ms-sparks-accounts-free-jewellery-2982573

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 12th Jul 18, 4:43 PM
    • 2,952 Posts
    • 31,764 Thanks
    curl girl
    I was only joking/having bit of fun about it curl girl, sorry if I offended

I love managing to get the 20p bits when they come up in Sainsbobs. There was about 16 OEP zesty salsas so I had half of them.

Got 5 of each of the latin America mixes, but by the time I give both DDs some of each there will be couple of each left for us here.

Last year must have been about the same time I got loads of different wraps which we were eating for ages. Shame I went off on a M&S beer hunt yesterday instead.
    Thanks.

No offence taken, takes more than that to offend me!
    Good job really.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Jul 18, 4:58 PM
    • 17,476 Posts
    • 211,500 Thanks
    mhoc
    Argoose went me an email just after 4 and I managed to open it on time - this will be my 4th attempt

I plumped for a brown water boiling unit - we have a fancy kettle which gives blue disco lights in the dark but some Herbert has broken the lid attachment so before long it would have needed to be replaced.

It is not a massive TV, deep sigh but I am not sure exactly what we would have done with a massive TV but I can use a brown water boiling unit
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Lima-India
    • By Lima-India 12th Jul 18, 4:58 PM
    • 370 Posts
    • 2,257 Thanks
    Lima-India
    I've also still go to do mine - might have a look at the marks sale

Is Argos on Quidco - must be something we need that we can click and collect from Argos ...
    Originally posted by mhoc

No Argos cashback via Quidco.
    Couldn't even find a Zeek gift voucher I might be able to spend in the near future!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Jul 18, 5:03 PM
    • 17,476 Posts
    • 211,500 Thanks
    mhoc
    Free jewellery on sparks, account specific, OP has 23000 points.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/selected-ms-sparks-accounts-free-jewellery-2982573
    I have 296** so even more than the OP but Marks don't love me any more - the only offer I have this week is 5 off a 35 food order - that is it, nothing else at all

The jewellery could be good for Christmas goody bags if you do manage to get the offer but otherwise - well there are some very cute odds and ends on Amazon that take about 3 months to arrive from the far east which are probably the same quality
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Jul 18, 5:06 PM
    • 17,476 Posts
    • 211,500 Thanks
    mhoc
    All I have is the Try Food to Order with 5 off 35
    Originally posted by gocat
    I think we need to start a list - people who Marks no longer loves, not even to give sparks offers to and not even a bit of free jewellery ...
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 12th Jul 18, 5:09 PM
    • 1,712 Posts
    • 28,431 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    COS whole earth granules reduced to 3:50 but got 4.99 back
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Jul 18, 5:16 PM
    • 17,476 Posts
    • 211,500 Thanks
    mhoc
    On the plus side when I did my Sainsburys shop I collected a stray conditional spend outside which gave me an extra 2 off and the 6 conditional spend from the mailing also worked so 8 off the wine shop

Sainsburys have sent me another set of conditional spends but for 50 shops this time instead of 40 - wondering if I should get another set of 6 wines as that's 24 so half of the spend ...

Also got RTC Sainsburys beef casserole mixes for 20p for the winter stews

Also in sainsburys today at the bakery counter we were pondering the lack of apricot almond croissant when we spotted on the reduced stand 7 massive cakes - all reduced to 1.24 or 1.44 - one a pink flower one, a couple of doggy ones and a couple of spotty ones. We got a chocolate ganache one for 1.79 reduced down from 7
    OH says it will go nicely with the vanilla carte dor - which coincidentally is on GJ this week and I needed an excuse to go to Mr T tomorrow.

And some nice wombles outside including one with Buxton water and plums - on GJ but only for Mr T but one did have raspberries on
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Jul 18, 5:29 PM
    • 29,647 Posts
    • 427,469 Thanks
    tweets
    Yes they always have dogs don't they who look in better shape than they do
    Originally posted by emerald21

I gave the guy with dog outside Tesco dog treats he always says thank you

I am always sceptic that they are homeless
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 12th Jul 18, 5:33 PM
    • 29,647 Posts
    • 427,469 Thanks
    tweets
    Well the mornings rain didn't last long and back came the sun grr I didn't even get wet lol
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • Anon
    • By Anon 12th Jul 18, 5:34 PM
    • 12,993 Posts
    • 146,482 Thanks
    Anon
    I'm really struggling to know what to buy to get the 2.50 Quidco bonus by the end of today. I have toilet rolls coming out of my ears (Wilkies/SD) and Dry Shampoo (SD). I'd like a sturdy clear 1litre bag for cabin luggage liquids but can't seem to find any quidco retailers selling any good ones!!!!
    Originally posted by Lima-India
    So don't buy anything then... I haven't found anything so gave up wasting time looking,.

Also I got the McD app earlier with the free mcmuff but decided a 40 minute round trip sort of defeated the freeness of it.

Anon
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Jul 18, 5:34 PM
    • 19,644 Posts
    • 210,700 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Argoose went me an email just after 4 and I managed to open it on time - this will be my 4th attempt

I plumped for a brown water boiling unit - we have a fancy kettle which gives blue disco lights in the dark but some Herbert has broken the lid attachment so before long it would have needed to be replaced.

It is not a massive TV, deep sigh but I am not sure exactly what we would have done with a massive TV but I can use a brown water boiling unit
    I don't think I will ever be forgiven for that one

In all honesty I am still in shock myself

Is that one of those constant hot water things? They sound rather useful.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 12th Jul 18, 5:35 PM
    • 2,304 Posts
    • 28,362 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    I gave the guy with dog outside Tesco dog treats he always says thank you

I am always sceptic that they are homeless
    Originally posted by tweets

Didn't you give him anything for the dog?
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 12th Jul 18, 5:37 PM
    • 27,867 Posts
    • 383,766 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I have 296** so even more than the OP but Marks don't love me any more - the only offer I have this week is 5 off a 35 food order - that is it, nothing else at all

The jewellery could be good for Christmas goody bags if you do manage to get the offer but otherwise - well there are some very cute odds and ends on Amazon that take about 3 months to arrive from the far east which are probably the same quality
    I've got various discounts off food and a 2 off 10 spend on wine.

My bonus offer is 10% off food to order.

I see waities have started to love some peeps again, still not me.

Although I do think I probably updated my preferences properly last week a bit late to receive a mailing this week. Fingers crossed for the next one.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,233Posts Today

8,363Users online

Martin's Twitter