Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,769Posts
    • 37,500Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2044
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 11th Jul 18, 2:26 PM
    • 6,922 Posts
    • 92,216 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Send it via WeTransfer

Lol too late, I see that's what you did
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Jul 18, 2:42 PM
    • 26,876 Posts
    • 323,047 Thanks
    davemorton
    If you press the key with the windows symbol and the spacebar together it should bring up the 2 keyboards and you can change it to UK
    Originally posted by CM66

Thank you
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • pippo
    • By pippo 11th Jul 18, 2:59 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 36,624 Thanks
    pippo
    But that's a months' groceries when the glitch fairy is working
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    It sure is, but I think the glitch fairy is taking time out for the football!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 11th Jul 18, 3:03 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 36,624 Thanks
    pippo
    JTS Your pond is lovely and will hold so many memories for the family to treasure Nice pictures of the wildlife too

Sarah Well done to Harley in his fight for fitness

Snap hope fourp is improving with new meds

I have my bedding in the drier as it needs less or no ironing when dried that way

Only two more sleeps till my holiday with the kids
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    You're like me, you think that bedding needs ironing ... I'm trying to break myself of that habit! (I'm too tight to use the drier unless absolutely essential!)

If everything on all of your lists is ticked I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time with the kids.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 11th Jul 18, 3:04 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 36,624 Thanks
    pippo
    Hi all back from my holidays and with a question. I picked up one of the floral cabin bags from Aldi in May I think and used it on my hols. At the airport the zip burst open as the two ends of the zip had not been joined IYKWIM. Is there anywhere I can view the special buys for the week of the suitcases as I cant find the receipt. I'll need the price so I can trawl through the credit card account to find proof of postage. Cheers.
    Originally posted by russetred
    Sorry, can't help.

By the way did you mean proof of purchase?
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Jul 18, 3:11 PM
    • 30,430 Posts
    • 432,920 Thanks
    tweets
    Android, I have tried through the photos app and still wont let me.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Can you transfer video to laptop then add to email from laptop ?

Glad Harley is making good progress
    Last edited by tweets; 11-07-2018 at 3:15 PM.
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Jul 18, 3:17 PM
    • 30,430 Posts
    • 432,920 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Afternoon

Waiting patiently for the rain that's due at 8pm

Wonder if it will arrive Mondays rain must have been invisible I couldn't see it
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Jul 18, 3:22 PM
    • 15,148 Posts
    • 258,459 Thanks
    Snap-ant

B00Ts travel insurance very very reasonable & covers That Sisters cancer - we can go to Salou
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th Jul 18, 3:22 PM
    • 26,876 Posts
    • 323,047 Thanks
    davemorton
    Good Afternoon

Wonder if it will arrive Mondays rain must have been invisible I couldn't see it
    Originally posted by tweets
    Ya need to clean your windows
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • Poppea
    • By Poppea 11th Jul 18, 3:24 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 12,565 Thanks
    Poppea
    20p Today
    Loads of Santa Maria, El Paso & Capsicana products to look out for @Sainsbobs today All are 20p each

Including;

El Paso Stand n'Stuff Taco Kits
    El Paso Fajita Cooking Sauces (various flavours)
    Santa Maria Chipotle Sauce
    Santa Maria Chipotle Mayo
    Capsicana Sauces (various flavours)
    "Rain is grace; rain is the sky descending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life."
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Jul 18, 3:37 PM
    • 30,430 Posts
    • 432,920 Thanks
    tweets
    Ya need to clean your windows
    Originally posted by davemorton

they clean
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Jul 18, 3:40 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,872 Thanks
    mhoc
    Loads of Santa Maria, El Paso & Capsicana products to look out for @Sainsbobs today All are 20p each

Including;

El Paso Stand n'Stuff Taco Kits
    El Paso Fajita Cooking Sauces (various flavours)
    Santa Maria Chipotle Sauce
    Santa Maria Chipotle Mayo
    Capsicana Sauces (various flavours)
    Originally posted by Poppea
    and in my store as well
    Old El Paso red jalapeno relish
    beef steak rub
    latin american kitchen
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 11th Jul 18, 3:42 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 36,624 Thanks
    pippo
    Good Afternoon

Originally posted by tweets
    Well it arrived, but you were out so the driver left it up the road!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Jul 18, 3:48 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,872 Thanks
    mhoc
    I went to Gweggs at lunchtime today to pick up my free salad after 'buying' a Ribena there the other day (using AP vouchers). My code wouldn't scan for some reason, so they just gave it to me. So I still have my code. This isn't helping my use up my AP vouchers, but I'm certainly not complaining!
    Originally posted by Freewheeling
    Similar in every gregggs we have been in, often you have to log in at the doorway and then make a run to the counter, then run back again as it drops off again
    The girls are always sympathetic and quite often they just give you whatever it is anyway. On Saturday we had AP vouchers which worked beautifully and the girl said you sounded so surprised that it actually scanned
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Jul 18, 3:52 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,872 Thanks
    mhoc
    But that's a months' groceries when the glitch fairy is working
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    In our house its a good day if we only spend 5 - the RTC fairy and the glitch fairy dont ever visit around here ....
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jul 18, 3:53 PM
    • 53,183 Posts
    • 630,336 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Jul 18, 4:02 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,872 Thanks
    mhoc
    Received a letter a few days ago from a firm called Equiniti regarding an unclaimed payment in relation to Froiends Provident.
    Well being such a 'trusting' person I've spent 20 mins or so googling, checking them out with FCA and on this site. I then rang their freephone number. Answered quickly and within 2 mins after I confirmed my address (That was all the info they wanted) I was told a cheque will be with me within 5 days.

What a shame it is only for 5.30...
    Originally posted by pippo
    This is the problem now, we mistrust everyone. Basically if any company rings you now, you have to vet them and put them through security checks, just the same as when you ring them!
    Every email from paypal, even the genuine ones I report as spam email now.
    I had an odd one the other day. I had a call from a building society but we were in the car edging past an accident at the time so I said I would call them back. So eventually we got home and I checked the account firstly -by logging on the main computer for added safety. It all looked normal so then I rang them up using the number on the website - it was an unknown number on my phone. It turned out it was just confirmation of a maturing account and they needed to match my account details to what they had on file - yes a very pecular way of doing things.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Jul 18, 4:07 PM
    • 20,362 Posts
    • 215,256 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

B00Ts travel insurance very very reasonable & covers That Sisters cancer - we can go to Salou
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Excellent news Funny, never occurred to me that Boots even did travel insurance

Hi all back from my holidays and with a question. I picked up one of the floral cabin bags from Aldi in May I think and used it on my hols. At the airport the zip burst open as the two ends of the zip had not been joined IYKWIM. Is there anywhere I can view the special buys for the week of the suitcases as I cant find the receipt. I'll need the price so I can trawl through the credit card account to find proof of postage. Cheers.
    Originally posted by russetred
    Have you tried googling 'Aldi Special Buys April 2018' or such - can uou recall the date? I got a few results googling by date but didn't seem like many so might only be what theh have in stock.

Other than that, can you not search for Aldi rather than the price on your statement?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 11th Jul 18, 4:10 PM
    • 542 Posts
    • 4,662 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Similar in every gregggs we have been in, often you have to log in at the doorway and then make a run to the counter, then run back again as it drops off again
    The girls are always sympathetic and quite often they just give you whatever it is anyway. On Saturday we had AP vouchers which worked beautifully and the girl said you sounded so surprised that it actually scanned
    Originally posted by mhoc

The funny thing is, it wasn't an AP code that was causing the problems, it was the Gweggs app itself. I had the free salad voucher on there so I should have just been able to scan the app, to get the salad for free. I wasn't very clear in my original message. So I still have my free salad code, and the AP vouchers!!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 11th Jul 18, 4:10 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 36,624 Thanks
    pippo
    Afternoon all
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Afternoon Bubbs

We've just eaten some of your beef! Belated Sunday lunch, early dinner for today due to ... well you know what!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

87Posts Today

1,540Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin