Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,540Posts
    • 36,891Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2039
    • redfox
    • By redfox 10th Jul 18, 7:45 PM
    • 13,540 Posts
    • 36,891 Thanks
    redfox
    My next question is, do I remove anything from computer before downloading please?
    Originally posted by altojack
    no, it's just a search engine so you don't install anything. Just go to https://duckduckgo.com/ and start using it instead of Google. You can also set it as your default search page so you need never use Google again if you don't want to
    Last edited by redfox; 10-07-2018 at 7:51 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 18, 7:50 PM
    • 17,477 Posts
    • 211,514 Thanks
    mhoc
    Hi, just wondering if you managed to get the frontline you were looking for?
    Originally posted by carolt2
    Yes - I was going round in circles trying all of the usual online places. I even found some very short dated packs of 3 pippettes which would have at least have solved the immediate problem.
    What was annoying me was up to 4 postage for something thin and light enough to go through the letter box.
    Then I went back to Amazon and found 6 for 17.99, cheaper than the ones I got in February - free delivery, ordered yesterday and arrived this morning - if only all niggly annoying problems were as easily sorted!
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Jul 18, 8:11 PM
    • 15,101 Posts
    • 257,995 Thanks
    Snap-ant

22p in SD

upload pictures
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Jul 18, 8:20 PM
    • 15,101 Posts
    • 257,995 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Outside picking dandelions and milk thistles for Parents tortoises... That Sister taking them down there tomorrow. ..
    Nice Neighbour calls out asking what I'm doing?

Whilst explaining I notice box of 1.2kg kellogs corn flakes under her arm... ohhh.. how much ... 1 In Ts
    So I realise even though I am shattered I will have to walk there and buy loads..
    Get ready and leaving house when nice neighbours daughter is now chatting to me and I say where I'm off....
    NO she says they are 4 not 1
    Now watching football
    Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Jul 18, 8:22 PM
    • 15,101 Posts
    • 257,995 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Fourp now home on different medication

Fingers crossed these work better
    Our Family Motto ~

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Jul 18, 8:36 PM
    • 52,350 Posts
    • 624,342 Thanks
    bubbs
    Snap glad fourp is home xx
    Had a lovely meet with my little friend ILTS today , we went shopping exchanged goodies and had a good catch up wa lovely to see her
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3lb
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 10th Jul 18, 8:40 PM
    • 2,593 Posts
    • 30,239 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Does anyone know if Bellas beer and soft drinks come in bottles?

Im trying to think of a way to spend AP vouchers.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    San pelegrino soft drink comes in a can, and it was unopened , i had it sunday, dh had draught beer so cant help any more
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jul 18, 8:42 PM
    • 35,144 Posts
    • 485,660 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I used to love going there with the kids when we lived in Yorkshire. We are planning to go and visit next week, on our own now the kids are in their twenties
    Originally posted by spasguidedogs
    I'm excited to visit too I hope it's picnic weather
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jul 18, 8:44 PM
    • 35,144 Posts
    • 485,660 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Same for me - darned annoying if people have already claimed (and been 'charged' for) the voucher.
    Originally posted by tbw
    I think they would just reverse the transaction. Mr TM got this message too.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jul 18, 8:45 PM
    • 35,144 Posts
    • 485,660 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Hi anyone know if the signed ronaldino signed t shirts from Heineken are worth anything? Thanks for any replies
    Originally posted by essex girl
    Are they on eBay?

Might be worth a look
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 10th Jul 18, 8:49 PM
    • 1,825 Posts
    • 24,543 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    I've got 4 free bottles on each account.

Amstel
    Old Mout
    Desperados
    Birra

Some have been hanging around there for a while....don't think we would use them
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

these are in the 3 for 5.25 promotion so would be profitable for you and would your new allomentiers appreciate a booze hamper for christmas maybe.
    my elite team maybe going home but at least i have france on cos.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jul 18, 8:50 PM
    • 35,144 Posts
    • 485,660 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Fourp now home on different medication

Fingers crossed these work better
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    I hope so too snap

I've been out whoopsie ing tonight.

Far too much to photograph.

I added it up roughly in my head and it came to just under 6. I had a womble to cover most of it.
    Going through the till it came out at 16. I was charged full price for yoghurts and a large Thorntons chocolate cake. So of I trot to the CS where I got 2 giftcard.

So I was paid to take the lot away
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jul 18, 8:52 PM
    • 35,144 Posts
    • 485,660 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    these are in the 3 for 5.25 promotion so would be profitable for you and would your new allomentiers appreciate a booze hamper for christmas maybe.
    my elite team maybe going home but at least i have france on cos.
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    Really?

In T?

Sorry that's a daft question. The cashback is only available in T

I'm pleased about La Belgique....it stops Mr TM lusting after you
    Last edited by TrulyMadly; 10-07-2018 at 8:58 PM.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • essex girl
    • By essex girl 10th Jul 18, 8:52 PM
    • 199 Posts
    • 555 Thanks
    essex girl
    Brilliant Lango

I love to see the Elite winning
    can you tell me if the heineken signed shirt is worth anything please thanks.,
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 10th Jul 18, 8:57 PM
    • 1,825 Posts
    • 24,543 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    Really?

In T?

I'm pleased about La Belgique....it stops Mr TM lusting after you

yes,i got sol,bierra and amstel today,only had 2 on cos but got the offer,should have waited will probably get another now.
    i didnt mind who won we have been to belguim lots of times and france every year so happy for either country.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jul 18, 9:04 PM
    • 35,144 Posts
    • 485,660 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    can you tell me if the heineken signed shirt is worth anything please thanks.,
    Originally posted by essex girl
    I'd hate to advise you Essex girl

I've had a look on eBay but I don't really know what I'm looking for. Have you got a picture to compare it with?

They are asking crazy prices for some signed shirts but asking and getting the price you want are 2 different things.

Good luck regardless.....have you received it yet?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Jul 18, 9:31 PM
    • 26,506 Posts
    • 320,485 Thanks
    davemorton
    no, it's just a search engine so you don't install anything. Just go to https://duckduckgo.com/ and start using it instead of Google. You can also set it as your default search page so you need never use Google again if you don't want to
    Originally posted by redfox
    But if you are using google chrome, does that not defeat the object?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • redfox
    • By redfox 10th Jul 18, 9:36 PM
    • 13,540 Posts
    • 36,891 Thanks
    redfox
    But if you are using google chrome, does that not defeat the object?
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I don't use Google Chrome and never would as it's just another one of the Google snooping tools. Far too many privacy issues involved with anything Google related.

In 1998 when it first launched as a browser it was a lot better than Alta Vista which was the only other usable browser offering at the time. But gradually over the years they have become a monster (not unlike Facebook has) and if you value your privacy then it is best avoided.
    Last edited by redfox; 10-07-2018 at 9:41 PM.

• Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 10th Jul 18, 9:36 PM
    • 3,793 Posts
    • 37,105 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Re rice, I am contemplating giving up the microwave rice in favour of a huge sack for a fiver! DS always cooks the real stuff with no bother.
    Originally posted by pippo
    I'm catching up after a week away. You can freeze cooked rice too.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Jul 18, 9:36 PM
    • 26,506 Posts
    • 320,485 Thanks
    davemorton
    Ronaldo shirts sell for anything from 10 pound up to about 70 pound (lost my pound sign).
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

410Posts Today

5,586Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

• Follow Martin