Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,540Posts
    • 36,891Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2038
    • spasguidedogs
    • By spasguidedogs 10th Jul 18, 5:06 PM
    • 382 Posts
    • 4,717 Thanks
    spasguidedogs
    [QUOTE=Jeremiah T Stone;74512139]Just working on the rock garden and I had a "little" visitor to my pond.

The biggest dragonfly I have ever seen! I think she was laying eggs as she spent ages with her tail in the water

Isn't nature beautiful, wonderful and miraculous?

[/QUOTE
    That is fantastic. I can sit for ages by the pond, mesmerized by the beauty of nature. Such a tranquil place, my bit of heaven.
    • carolt2
    • By carolt2 10th Jul 18, 5:48 PM
    • 835 Posts
    • 14,708 Thanks
    carolt2
    If anyone is trapped in the house and in need of a rummage though the internet and wants to join in this exciting bargain hunt they are called

Frontline Spot on Cat - you get 6 pipettes of 0.5ml in a box and so far the cheapest I've found works out at 3.83 each.
    I was supposed to order them at the weekend to be here today but lethargy overcame me.

We have not had flea problems for years, usually they are all combed 3 or 4 times a week and apart from odd ones its never been an issue but this peculiar weather is not helping ...

I've also got to wash bedding and think about car insurance and then work out when Sophies cat insurance is due .... the level of excitement in this house by the end of the day will be at fever pitch especially if we also do a trip to sainsburys for recycling and cashback items to round it off
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Hi, just wondering if you managed to get the frontline you were looking for?
    'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle'
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Jul 18, 6:17 PM
    • 52,336 Posts
    • 624,253 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3lb
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 10th Jul 18, 6:18 PM
    • 2,304 Posts
    • 28,362 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    There are loads but the ones Im most interested in are Amazon Prime (free for 6 months and then half price) and 10% off at co-op.

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy

Also 20% off at SouperDrug when using alongside loyalty card.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 10th Jul 18, 6:24 PM
    • 2,304 Posts
    • 28,362 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    5 Costalot evoucher for 1
    Received an email for a 5 Costalot for a 1 spend, bought a London Eye 1 deal which someone might want for free
    Not sure if everyone could use it.

Text:
    Hey there!
    We've noticed you've fallen out of touch with us recently. Here's something that might interest you, a complimentary 5 Costa e-gift card with your next purchase!
    All you need to do is purchase any Groupon deal worth 1 or more between now and Friday, July 13th, and enter the code 'XXXXXX' at checkout before completing your purchase.
    We will e-mail you a 5 Costa e-gift card next week - simple!

The code is difficult unless you know what Costalot sell

Confirmation:

Order Summary
    Subtotal 1.00
    Buy now to receive your 5 Costa e-gift card next week!
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 10th Jul 18, 6:25 PM
    • 2,304 Posts
    • 28,362 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Google Pay Pisa Express
    Only got to end of month to spend these, also get 40% discount as a stoodent.
    • essex girl
    • By essex girl 10th Jul 18, 6:28 PM
    • 199 Posts
    • 555 Thanks
    essex girl
    Hi anyone know if the signed ronaldino signed t shirts from Heineken are worth anything? Thanks for any replies
    • newbie1980
    • By newbie1980 10th Jul 18, 6:30 PM
    • 1,932 Posts
    • 23,291 Thanks
    newbie1980
    Only got to end of month to spend these, also get 40% discount as a stoodent.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    or 241 across all courses with a taste card.
    Looks like meercat is goig to be the same as tastecard soon as well
    • redfox
    • By redfox 10th Jul 18, 6:34 PM
    • 13,540 Posts
    • 36,891 Thanks
    redfox
    has anyone had any dealings with DuckDuckGo, a search engine that hides us, does not profile us.
    Originally posted by altojack
    yes, I use it most of the time (being very anti-google and its intrusiveness)

It is fine although one slight niggle is that search results can sometimes be a bit USA biased but it's not that much of an issue. At least you know it's not tracking your every move for its own ends...
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 10th Jul 18, 6:44 PM
    • 7,198 Posts
    • 59,460 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Does anyone know if Bellas beer and soft drinks come in bottles?

Im trying to think of a way to spend AP vouchers.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 10th Jul 18, 6:57 PM
    • 1,712 Posts
    • 28,431 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Hi anyone know if the signed ronaldino signed t shirts from Heineken are worth anything? Thanks for any replies
    Originally posted by essex girl
    Hi,
    Have you had yours delivered yet? Not had mine.
    • altojack
    • By altojack 10th Jul 18, 7:18 PM
    • 9,194 Posts
    • 126,839 Thanks
    altojack
    Just working on the rock garden and I had a "little" visitor to my pond.

The biggest dragonfly I have ever seen! I think she was laying eggs as she spent ages with her tail in the water

Isn't nature beautiful, wonderful and miraculous?

Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    So beautiful, what luck you had today. Did you know the dragon flies here in this country only live 6 months, from egg to adulthood. Keep watching though as you may see more xx
    There's no place like home

Clearing Stash of Freebies and Samples of beauty products
    1st Feb 2017/18 Out 255 In 67
    1st Feb 2018/19 Out 69 In 18
    • altojack
    • By altojack 10th Jul 18, 7:19 PM
    • 9,194 Posts
    • 126,839 Thanks
    altojack
    Just trying to catch up,

• izzy65
    • By izzy65 10th Jul 18, 7:23 PM
    • 2,629 Posts
    • 43,023 Thanks
    izzy65
    So beautiful, what luck you had today. Did you know the dragon flies here in this country only live 6 months, from egg to adulthood. Keep watching though as you may see more xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    And the nymphs are the most ferocious creature in the pond, they will eat tadpoles and most things that move, we have frogs, newts and all the insect life in our pond too, love seeing nature doing its thing
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Jul 18, 7:32 PM
    • 19,642 Posts
    • 210,684 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    And the nymphs are the most ferocious creature in the pond, they will eat tadpoles and most things that move, we have frogs, newts and all the insect life in our pond too, love seeing nature doing its thing
    Originally posted by izzy65
    In the bigger ponds/lakes the pike are horrible things, saw one take a young duckling once, they will eat anything they can get their teeth into. Nature, red in tooth and claw.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • altojack
    • By altojack 10th Jul 18, 7:33 PM
    • 9,194 Posts
    • 126,839 Thanks
    altojack
    yes, I use it most of the time (being very anti-google and its intrusiveness)

It is fine although one slight niggle is that search results can sometimes be a bit USA biased but it's not that much of an issue. At least you know it's not tracking your every move for its own ends...
    Originally posted by redfox
    Foxie, you are brilliant. I've been reading about it and wAs tempted but had never heard anyone mention it by name. I'm just totally fed up being targeted and having to accept cookies blah blah blah.

My next question is, do I remove anything from computer before downloading please? My husband thinks I'm mad wanting to be part of a 'foreign' search engine . Men!

• diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 10th Jul 18, 7:35 PM
    • 3,721 Posts
    • 38,315 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Thanks curlgirl, I didn't need loo rolls we've still got about 80 when the Andrex were 1 for 8 in Ts a while ago.

JTS fabulous pond.

Snap, I hope fourp is ok. I'd love to visit the Scottish isles only not by boat
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 12.5lb
    • altojack
    • By altojack 10th Jul 18, 7:36 PM
    • 9,194 Posts
    • 126,839 Thanks
    altojack
    Originally posted by izzy65
    That's why I love living close to the wood, beautiful natural wild pond, badger sett, deer and fox , oh of course all the birds around the edges. Fantastic just sitting, looking and listening xx

• altojack
    • By altojack 10th Jul 18, 7:40 PM
    • 9,194 Posts
    • 126,839 Thanks
    altojack
    I need my eye drops all the reading I've been doing today, I think I've got square eyes Oh no, that's what you get when watching too much telly

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jul 18, 7:44 PM
    • 17,474 Posts
    • 211,495 Thanks
    mhoc
    i had this email as well. I was hoping to find something I would actually use even if it meant spending more than a pound ...

Received an email for a 5 Costalot for a 1 spend, bought a London Eye 1 deal which someone might want for free
    Not sure if everyone could use it.

Text:
    Hey there!
    We've noticed you've fallen out of touch with us recently. Here's something that might interest you, a complimentary 5 Costa e-gift card with your next purchase!
    All you need to do is purchase any Groupon deal worth 1 or more between now and Friday, July 13th, and enter the code 'XXXXXX' at checkout before completing your purchase.
    We will e-mail you a 5 Costa e-gift card next week - simple!

The code is difficult unless you know what Costalot sell

Confirmation:

Order Summary
    Subtotal 1.00
    Buy now to receive your 5 Costa e-gift card next week!
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

600Posts Today

6,109Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @samgio1997: So glad you talked about the importance of taking out holiday insurance on this morning as a few years ago my auntie's pare?

• RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• Follow Martin