Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,653Posts
    • 37,084Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2032
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 10th Jul 18, 7:36 AM
    • 16,826 Posts
    • 282,173 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Morning all

Much cooler here today. MG's daughter will be very glad of this - being very heavily pregnant during a heatwave is not a good thing for her! Anyway, she had the baby last night, a first grandson for MG
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 10th Jul 18, 7:42 AM
    • 3,902 Posts
    • 39,806 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Dear Glitch Fairy,
    Now I know we had this conversation a few weeks ago and I am very grateful for what happened on that day ( it wasn't a glitch but a very nice gift )
    However you're still not pulling your weight my love are you? You don't get your title easily and at this rate we may have to discuss whether you can keep it.
    Now thankfully we have N1LDA and a sterling job they do but poor wacky is having to work harder and harder with all of izzeyb's vacations and its not really fair when its your job, is it?
    I understand how hot it has been and I haven't much fancied shopping anyway whilst the sun is shining and maybe you've been over come with football fever too, so we will give you the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.
    We would be extremely grateful if you could just throw a few glitches our way and we can then see that you keep your title forever.
    I'm sure evryones lists are different from what I can tell a coke tin glitch would be welcome, loo rolls are always on someone's list and I'm down to about three bottles of fairy liquid......sorry to take your name in vain.
    I'll leave that thought with you and hopefully this conversation will never need repeating.
    Have a nice day

Di xx
    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations
    Froctober 0.00 NSD 0/31
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 10th Jul 18, 7:43 AM
    • 6,882 Posts
    • 91,865 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Better night sleep last night, a lot cooler. Fans arriving today so kids will stop moaning

Good morning. Has anyone got the kettle on. I am desperate for a nice cup of tea but have no milk apart from those horrid little sachets.
    Originally posted by elainemn
    Kettle just boiled, help yourself, plenty of milk available.

Morning all

Much cooler here today. MG's daughter will be very glad of this - being very heavily pregnant during a heatwave is not a good thing for her! Anyway, she had the baby last night, a first grandson for MG
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy

Aww, congratulations to all.

My SIL is pregnant aswell, got another month she is really struggling aswell.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 10th Jul 18, 7:43 AM
    • 3,067 Posts
    • 44,266 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Good morning

For those of you with cats the 800 gram bags of go cat crunchy and tender are on offer for 63p online at Morrison's usually priced at 3:10 and on offer elsewhere for 2

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/go-cat-crunchy-and-tender-800-g-63p-online-at-morrisons-2980361
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 10th Jul 18, 7:44 AM
    • 3,902 Posts
    • 39,806 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Dizzy ditzy congratulations to you all x
    Froctober 0.00 NSD 0/31
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 10th Jul 18, 7:45 AM
    • 6,882 Posts
    • 91,865 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Dear Glitch Fairy,
    Now I know we had this conversation a few weeks ago and I am very grateful for what happened on that day ( it wasn't a glitch but a very nice gift )
    However you're still not pulling your weight my love are you? You don't get your title easily and at this rate we may have to discuss whether you can keep it.
    Now thankfully we have N1LDA and a sterling job they do but poor wacky is having to work harder and harder with all of izzeyb's vacations and its not really fair when its your job, is it?
    I understand how hot it has been and I haven't much fancied shopping anyway whilst the sun is shining and maybe you've been over come with football fever too, so we will give you the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.
    We would be extremely grateful if you could just throw a few glitches our way and we can then see that you keep your title forever.
    I'm sure evryones lists are different from what I can tell a coke tin glitch would be welcome, loo rolls are always on someone's list and I'm down to about three bottles of fairy liquid......sorry to take your name in vain.
    I'll leave that thought with you and hopefully this conversation will never need repeating.
    Have a nice day

Di xx
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Just to add another few items to your list glitch fairy, please

Washing powder/liquid
    Softener

Thankyou
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Jul 18, 7:48 AM
    • 13,230 Posts
    • 148,283 Thanks
    Anon
    Unsure sc but I know where you're coming from. I've never known our water butts to be so low. One more decent water and they are empty. A good opportunity to clean them out I know but there is no sign of rain on the horizon.
    Does anyone on here use bath water for watering flowering plants? Do the chemicals in soap have any effect on them?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    If there is a water shortage, you should be only having a quick shower anyway to conserve water, not a bath .

Anon
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Jul 18, 7:48 AM
    • 30,097 Posts
    • 430,385 Thanks
    tweets
    NineTails was yesterday's smartest player!

22 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Tuesday): General Knowledge 3 : Average
    Lost 3st-12.5lb
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 10th Jul 18, 7:48 AM
    • 3,902 Posts
    • 39,806 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Just to add another few items to your list glitch fairy, please

Washing powder/liquid
    Softener

Thankyou
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    I echo that, I've still got gallons of washing liquid but I would like some softener, preferably Lenor if that's not too cheeky
    Froctober 0.00 NSD 0/31
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Jul 18, 7:50 AM
    • 30,097 Posts
    • 430,385 Thanks
    tweets
    Good morning all

It would appear we have heavy(ish) rain forecast

Neighbour has said she will water plants when we are away She is an

Snap Hope fourp is better today

Baby sitting this morning, so will catch you laters
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Was forecast here yesterday

Never saw any
    Lost 3st-12.5lb
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 10th Jul 18, 7:52 AM
    • 7,311 Posts
    • 60,193 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Must be standard, I had that around my birthday.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    A "treat" that gets you spending money on clothing (or etc.) you would not have bought at all at full price?

And it presses you to do so within the next month! Ignore.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    I think a lot of stores are cutting back.
    I've had no vouchers from any of the supermarkets either.
    By the way Happy Birthday.

Morning peeps.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Thanks I!!!8217;ve had Sparks for ages but this is the first year they!!!8217;ve acknowledged my birthday lol

I thought I!!!8217;d read people were getting a 5 voucher or something for free on their birthday.. disappointing

It!!!8217;s not for a couple weeks CG but thanks.
    Last edited by fuzzgun19; 10-07-2018 at 8:05 AM.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Jul 18, 7:58 AM
    • 30,097 Posts
    • 430,385 Thanks
    tweets

Lost 3st-12.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Jul 18, 8:00 AM
    • 30,097 Posts
    • 430,385 Thanks
    tweets
    Thanks Ive had Sparks for ages but this is the first year theyve acknowledged my birthday lol

I thought Id read people were getting a 5 voucher or something for free on their birthday.. disappointing
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    I got a free 5 voucher when it was my birthday

I bought some socks and got DS pick them up for me

I rarely use my Sparks card due to not having an M&S here
    Lost 3st-12.5lb
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th Jul 18, 8:03 AM
    • 10,276 Posts
    • 117,382 Thanks
    emerald21
    Thanks Ive had Sparks for ages but this is the first year theyve acknowledged my birthday lol

I thought Id read people were getting a 5 voucher or something for free on their birthday.. disappointing
    That's funny I had an email off them this morning saying I'd got 1000 free points for a 5 M & S voucher for adding 4 numbers or something but when I checked my total was the same as before so I've emailed them lol

Good Morning all and congrats to Dizzy ditsy and family.
    • Enormo
    • By Enormo 10th Jul 18, 8:04 AM
    • 63 Posts
    • 647 Thanks
    Enormo
    Mc D's Vouchers in Metro
    The Metro has more McDonalds vouchers today, same set as previously, on page 2. Expiring 16 September 2018.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Jul 18, 8:07 AM
    • 13,230 Posts
    • 148,283 Thanks
    Anon
    Dear Glitch Fairy,
    Have a nice day

Di xx
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Thank you for contacting the glitch fairy on our behalf. I have struggled to keep up this year as it has been far too hectic, so stocks are starting to get low. Toilet rolls are completely out and now making do with A SP .

Still plenty of toothpaste (many years ...), shampoo, hand wash, soup, "enough" (for now) shower gel, washing tablets and dw (though even they are getting low - to be fair I haven't bought any in 2 years or so though ), even OS shower gel I could stock up if they glitch again .

Anon
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 10th Jul 18, 8:07 AM
    • 7,311 Posts
    • 60,193 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    The Metro has more McDonalds vouchers today, same set as previously, on page 2. Expiring 16 September 2018.
    Originally posted by Enormo
    Thank you!
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jul 18, 8:09 AM
    • 35,929 Posts
    • 491,371 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    What kind of birthday treat is this???

If you get 20% off the 50% stuff that'll be good

Morning paw sniffers
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jul 18, 8:12 AM
    • 35,929 Posts
    • 491,371 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Snap......just catching up on 4p.....I hope this morning sees an improvement. Thinking of you.

Well said Di........enough is enough Toilet rolls and Fairy liquid are always welcome in this house but to be honest I'll have anything going
    Last edited by TrulyMadly; 10-07-2018 at 8:18 AM.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Jul 18, 8:14 AM
    • 13,230 Posts
    • 148,283 Thanks
    Anon
    What kind of birthday treat is this???

They sent me a voucher for a free coffee and cake when it was my birthday. Yours could be worth much more though if you are buying anyway .

Anon
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,771Posts Today

7,157Users online

Martin's Twitter