Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,540Posts
    • 36,891Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2030
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th Jul 18, 1:26 PM
    • 19,653 Posts
    • 210,753 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Went to Mr T 9.45am for repeat prescription 22 degrees already Home by 9.00am 27 degrees I was melting.

Just had to refill water bottles in the fridge . I never buy bottled water as our tap water tastes fine

Hugs to the poorly Elite and special thoughts to those feeling low in body and mind, you're in my thoughts daily xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    Did you walk backwards ?

We keep a litre jug of water in the fridge, lovely and cool.

Snap, fingers crossed
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 9th Jul 18, 1:34 PM
    • 6,773 Posts
    • 91,150 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    How is he walking now Sarah....is he getting stronger?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Yes he is up and walking now, doing well, front paw still knuckling, but vets have said this will take longer to get stronger. He is going for some hydrotherapy this afternoon. Still only aloud to do 10 minutes at a time on a walk.

Middle of the night walking is a great idea - did you meet anyone else walking about with their dogs?

Ronnie cat, very black and tufty decided I was his best mum last night and spent the entire night with me - you do not want a very hairy tom cat cuddling up and sleeping with you in this heat
    Originally posted by mhoc
    No didn't see anybody else, good job really as I was out in my light dressing gown, doesn't do much for the imagination not sure what I would have done if I had seen anyone, I did only go to the field across the road though, probably looked like a mad woman

Definitely don't want a cat cuddling up in bed thankyou.

I have shopped everywhere this morning for fans, boys now want one and can I find a shop with any in
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th Jul 18, 1:37 PM
    • 19,653 Posts
    • 210,753 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Just looked on T Direct as it is the last day. Not very exciting.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th Jul 18, 2:09 PM
    • 19,653 Posts
    • 210,753 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Practice has started for Farnborough Air Show. Always gets distinctly noisy, low flying helicopter just gone over.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 9th Jul 18, 2:11 PM
    • 20,324 Posts
    • 265,236 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Vs S
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Chocolate Chip Brioche Rolls (8pk) 1.00 0.90
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 704-707 inclusive; "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 9th Jul 18, 3:22 PM
    • 7,198 Posts
    • 59,460 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    There are some McDonalds vouchers in todays metro. Unsure if this link will work but it is 1.99 for various burgers and fries on page 17.

http://e-edition.metro.news/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=d9333e50-b372-44c8-98e3-91b0afa8651b

Editied to state only valid until 1st July in online version so already out of date????
    Originally posted by elainemn
    Thank you Elaine for posting this. I went over to the station to check the paper copy, but like you say that's ood too.. must be a mis-print
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 9th Jul 18, 3:33 PM
    • 7,198 Posts
    • 59,460 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    It won't work with an android pay you need to buy one through your app using the money you have in your app I presume like I did

Good Morning all
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Ohh I see! Thanks for that emerald.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 9th Jul 18, 3:57 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 1,242 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    I think somebody was asking about Diet Coke earlier? Approved Food are doing 8 cans for 1.

Edited to say, I've just noticed it's only Citrus Zest. Sorry!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Jul 18, 4:27 PM
    • 52,362 Posts
    • 624,414 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Snap hope fourp is ok xx
    Sarah glad Harley is improving
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3lb
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Jul 18, 4:31 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 34,870 Thanks
    pippo

Off to hospital with Fourp

Bestest Llovelies - chaos here xx
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Everything crossed here!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Jul 18, 4:32 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 34,870 Thanks
    pippo
    Thank you . I'll probably leave this one though. We do still have a few bottles of wine left, and whilst this is cheap, it's not quite cheap enough to tempt me.
    Originally posted by Freewheeling
    Ordered that in the sale preview. Accepted order then after the confirmation email I received another email to say no longer available!
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 9th Jul 18, 4:37 PM
    • 6,773 Posts
    • 91,150 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Snap hope fourp, is ok.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Jul 18, 4:39 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 34,870 Thanks
    pippo
    ta for this - I was pondering wether to be lazy and just go to the Co-op for milk or to go to sainsburys and try and get the Arla organic milk for COS with 95p cashback - muller rice and Tyrells for GJ might be a deciding factor.
    I did wonder about this Tilda but its only 220g rather than the 250g specified - which is a pity
    Tilda Super Grains - Brown Basmati, Red & Black Rice with Garlic & Ginger
    The raspberries are 1.40 with 50p cashback - these would go nicely with the excess of fage

Incidentally there is also Carte Dor but 900ml - on mysupermarket its showing as 1 litres - I expect mys has not been updated and there has been a 10% decrease in size On offer in mr T for 1.75 if you believe mys
    Re rice, I am contemplating giving up the microwave rice in favour of a huge sack for a fiver! DS always cooks the real stuff with no bother.
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 9th Jul 18, 4:41 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 1,242 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Ordered that in the sale preview. Accepted order then after the confirmation email I received another email to say no longer available!
    Originally posted by pippo

That's what happened to me with the case of white.
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 9th Jul 18, 4:42 PM
    • 604 Posts
    • 7,690 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    I joined Shaw Academy for free photo course, then paid for NUS extra card and BINGO, discounts and freebies
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Thanks for this BH. Ive just tried the same but got this reply from NUS Extra.

Hi

Apologies for the delay in response

Shaw Academy were deregistered so you would not be eligible through this provider

Kind Regards,
    Noosh
    NUS extra Support Advisor

Well done to those that did get it though.
    Off now to cancel my Shaw Academy membership before they charge me for next month. And then the hunt for another provider.

SnS
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Jul 18, 4:47 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 34,870 Thanks
    pippo
    My phone says 16 degrees going up to 22 degrees but rain at 12.00 til 9pm. Now do I believe app and take my coat , sweatshirt jacket or none to work Bag heavy enough today with all my clean uniform. May take my sweatshirt jacket just in case.

After work Aunty Hilary picking me up at home and I got a list and we going mums flat picking some stuff up to make her room look and feel more homely in the carehome .

I have been good was told not to go mums flat and be carrying stuff back so I haven't one can listen sometimes lol
    Originally posted by tweets
    Oh Tweets, good girl! You need to look after yourself too. Your mum will settle better with familiar things around her and it sounds as if Aunty Hilary is a sensible lady.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Jul 18, 5:02 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 34,870 Thanks
    pippo
    Good morning all

We had rain overnight

It was well needed and there is about an inch of water in the bird bath

I am starting to get the stuff ready for holidays and we are talking lots of food for 8 of us so hoping it will make a space in the cupboards

I love all this planning I think I have minor OCD

Opened the "savings tubs" and had 144 from Easter Kids were in their element roughly counting their allocated particular value of coins

Enjoy your day
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Think family holidays are the only thing i'm a bit OCD about
    Maybe because I realise that DS & DDiL, despite their good jobs etc are generally bl00dy disorganised!!

They have travelled up here when the girls were very young and had to out and buy knickers and socks!

Family holiday in America Many emails I'll take the tea bags (I don't even drink tea, but they do!) they brought 3 lots, but no sun cream

We have 2 plastic piggy-banks that we put 5p's 10's and 20's in and for years the girls, when they visited would love to count their 'Pig Money' then spend all of the shrapnel!
    The pigs live on top of the freezer and now, when they visit I can see them eyeing them up. Mr P now tends to put a couple of notes in each before they arrive (he's not always grumpy!"
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Jul 18, 5:10 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 34,870 Thanks
    pippo
    I remember sitting on a bee once. The only time I've been stung. I honestly thought I'd sat on an upright needle
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    In the 70's when I first met the now Mr Pip we hitch hiked from South Wales to Bristol, which involved walking over the Severn Bridge,

Well I needed a wee so had what my mam would call a @country one' in the bushes.. I managed to lower myself down onto a bunch of nettles
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Jul 18, 5:42 PM
    • 17,480 Posts
    • 211,533 Thanks
    mhoc
    Re rice, I am contemplating giving up the microwave rice in favour of a huge sack for a fiver! DS always cooks the real stuff with no bother.
    Originally posted by pippo
    How long would it take you to go through a huge sack though? And you have a suitable place to store it?
    I think we only have rice maybe once or twice a week _ OH always tends to make too much of it and then he manages to get it all over the kitchen

I like the exotic flavoured Tilda rice varieties, otherwise its just normal basmati
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Jul 18, 5:45 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 34,870 Thanks
    pippo
    How long would it take you to go through a huge sack though? And you have a suitable place to store it?
    I think we only have rice maybe once or twice a week _ OH always tends to make too much of it and then he manages to get it all over the kitchen

I like the exotic flavoured Tilda rice varieties, otherwise its just normal basmati
    That's what I'm contemplating!

By the way how's the errant one doing?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

153Posts Today

1,494Users online

Martin's Twitter