Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,775Posts
    • 37,500Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2029
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 9th Jul 18, 9:29 AM
    • 4,289 Posts
    • 47,183 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Monday.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jul 18, 9:32 AM
    • 36,606 Posts
    • 497,243 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    George

Such good value for littlies

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th Jul 18, 9:43 AM
    • 20,384 Posts
    • 215,383 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Unsure sc but I know where you're coming from. I've never known our water butts to be so low. One more decent water and they are empty. A good opportunity to clean them out I know but there is no sign of rain on the horizon.
    Does anyone on here use bath water for watering flowering plants? Do the chemicals in soap have any effect on them?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I use washing up water to water anything from fuchsias to tomatoes, the detergent acts as a softener and enables the water to get into the soil quicker. Never had any problem, but not actually used bath water, would be rather hard work getting it downstairs.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 9th Jul 18, 9:45 AM
    • 558 Posts
    • 4,805 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Morning all!

It's sunny and hot here again today :-).

The Gweggs free salad worked for me. I bought two baguettes and a Ribena using a 5 AP voucher, then paying the rest with the Gweggs app as I had some money on there. Later that day I got a notification about the free salad. You definitely have to scan your Gweggs app, but I don't know if you have to pay using it. It doesn't say that you do in the blurb, it just says that you have to scan it.
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 9th Jul 18, 10:48 AM
    • 16,923 Posts
    • 282,881 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Put the min/max thermometer on my bedside table last night and it recorded 77.1-79.5! (25-26.4 in new money). That is with a bowl of ice cubes in the room.

Have avoided planting bedding plants so far this year as we were away for nearly 3 weeks; now I'm thinking there is no point until the weather breaks. I wonder when is too early for Winter Pansies??
    Originally posted by silvercar
    My garden has never looked so colourful! I've got pansies, geraniums, snapdragons and stocks in as well as some other random stuff and it looks amazing! My sweet peas suddenly all fell off the other day though

Mine have had plenty of watering though so thats probably not much help
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Jul 18, 10:54 AM
    • 15,155 Posts
    • 258,553 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

No rain here

Lots of big smiley sarcastic faces as Fourp is having chest pain & trouble breathing so is at Drs having an ECG

anything else?
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 9th Jul 18, 10:54 AM
    • 16,923 Posts
    • 282,881 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Unsure sc but I know where you're coming from. I've never known our water butts to be so low. One more decent water and they are empty. A good opportunity to clean them out I know but there is no sign of rain on the horizon.
    Does anyone on here use bath water for watering flowering plants? Do the chemicals in soap have any effect on them?
    All bar one of my water butts are nearly empty Its not *too* bad on the allotments because there is water there but in my garden i have a lot of plants in pots like that are ericacious soil based and need rain water

I have visions of people using hosepipes to siphon bath water out to their gardens
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • gocat
    • By gocat 9th Jul 18, 11:29 AM
    • 5,373 Posts
    • 61,725 Thanks
    gocat
    27C here at the moment. FB tells me we are getting rain. Beeb says no rain. Which willl it be Feels more comfortable compared to last 2 weeks anyhow or perhaps Im more acclimatised to it lol .

Only watering 2 raspberry canes I bought last december from a garden centre due to the Amex offer. Put a few potted strawberry plants nearby so they get watered same time. Got one hollyhock flowering for the first time this year, so spashing a bit of water on that too. Rest of garden all dried up but is mostly strawberry plants and grass, so maybe will spring back into life when we finally get some rain. Not sure re strawberry plants. They seem to sprout babies willingly but not sure how they fare in a drought.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Jul 18, 11:40 AM
    • 15,155 Posts
    • 258,553 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Off to hospital with Fourp

Bestest Llovelies - chaos here xx
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Jul 18, 12:13 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    All bar one of my water butts are nearly empty Its not *too* bad on the allotments because there is water there but in my garden i have a lot of plants in pots like that are ericacious soil based and need rain water

I have visions of people using hosepipes to siphon bath water out to their gardens
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    In theory we could do this as our bathroom is downstairs, run a hosepipe out of the window and then straight onto the garden or into various storage boxes.
    Apparently in very dry areas of Spain they shower standing in one of those big flexey water buckets. Then in that water they hand wash the days washing - I imagine at least underwear socks and vests etc. Finally the water is used for the garden - a very econonomical use of water.

Now I am thinking that you can get devices for camping showers so if you could set one of those up - obvious in swimwear so as not to frightened the neighbours Again standing in a big flexy bucket so you can wash the smalls and then water the garden
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Jul 18, 12:17 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    Good morning everyone.

OMG, last night was the worst nights sleep in this heat I have ever had, even the dog was pacing/wobbling last night, I ended up taking him out at 1.30 just to try and cool down a bit, but it was still hot out at that time.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Middle of the night walking is a great idea - did you meet anyone else walking about with their dogs?

Ronnie cat, very black and tufty decided I was his best mum last night and spent the entire night with me - you do not want a very hairy tom cat cuddling up and sleeping with you in this heat
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Clipstrip Bargains
    • By Clipstrip Bargains 9th Jul 18, 12:19 PM
    • 1,417 Posts
    • 30,745 Thanks
    Clipstrip Bargains
    Oh no! It's been cancelled already. Apparently it's unavailable .
    Originally posted by Freewheeling
    red available
    https://www.marksandspencer.com/jolaseta-tempranillo-case-of-6/p/p60161633?prevPage=plp&pdpredirect
    I say "THANKS" to posts that make me smile - Oh and really good glitches.
    Good things come to those who wait Bad things come on express delivery
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 9th Jul 18, 12:28 PM
    • 558 Posts
    • 4,805 Thanks
    Freewheeling

Thank you . I'll probably leave this one though. We do still have a few bottles of wine left, and whilst this is cheap, it's not quite cheap enough to tempt me.
    • altojack
    • By altojack 9th Jul 18, 12:32 PM
    • 9,245 Posts
    • 127,278 Thanks
    altojack

Off to hospital with Fourp

Bestest Llovelies - chaos here xx
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Fingers crossed lovely. It's such a worry on top of other things. Decision day today for my feet, such a choice of colour . Wide price range too
    There's no place like home

Clearing Stash of Freebies and Samples of beauty products
    1st Feb 2017/18 Out 255 In 67
    1st Feb 2018/19 Out 88 In 27
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Jul 18, 12:34 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    Green Jinn

Teskies

Tilda rice, some varieties 1 with 50p back
    Muller rice 68p with 40p back.
    Original source 90p with 50p cashback
    Birds eye fishcakes 1.10 with 45p back

Sains
    Birds eye fishcakes are 1 in S
    Muller rice 50p
    Tyrell's 1 in S with 50p cashback
    ta for this - I was pondering wether to be lazy and just go to the Co-op for milk or to go to sainsburys and try and get the Arla organic milk for COS with 95p cashback - muller rice and Tyrells for GJ might be a deciding factor.
    I did wonder about this Tilda but its only 220g rather than the 250g specified - which is a pity
    Tilda Super Grains - Brown Basmati, Red & Black Rice with Garlic & Ginger
    The raspberries are 1.40 with 50p cashback - these would go nicely with the excess of fage

Incidentally there is also Carte Dor but 900ml - on mysupermarket its showing as 1 litres - I expect mys has not been updated and there has been a 10% decrease in size On offer in mr T for 1.75 if you believe mys
    • aau1
    • By aau1 9th Jul 18, 12:35 PM
    • 18,991 Posts
    • 327,411 Thanks
    aau1
    Get a 50 Amazon voucher for 9 or 7 at Tui (via vouchercodes)
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/get-a-50-amazon-voucher-for-7-or-9-tui-via-vouchercodes-2936501

Worth a punt? One of the t&cs is that they can change the t&cs though
    Originally posted by aau1
    If anyone did this it look like they'll pay out but you might need to chase them up first. This is the standard email people on HUKD are getting back when they enquire:

"Thanks for getting back to us.

We work really hard to ensure we have great offers for users as we love helping people save money. However, when you got in touch to query why your reward status had not progressed, unfortunately our investigations concluded your reward did not track and did not meet out terms and conditions.

After receiving an unexpected number of similar queries, we decided to investigate this further as something did not seem quite right.

We looked into this further, and discovered the purchases placed through TUI's sister sites, such as excursion.tui.co.uk were not passed through to us by TUI and so they have not been attributed to VoucherCodes. This is why we were unable to verify your transaction for the reward. However, people who placed their bookings through tui.co.uk have tracked and are on their way to receive a reward.

In light of our findings we're happy conclude that we will be approving your transaction as a one off gesture of goodwill despite us being unable to track it.

Your voucher will be available after 60 days have passed since placing your order as per the terms and conditions of the offer, if after this time you have not heard from us please reply to this email and we'll help.

Hope this explains everything and please accept our apology for any frustration and confusion caused.

Kind Regard"

According to Hukd the 50 voucher codes have started to arrive today
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is the word a moorhen
    • altojack
    • By altojack 9th Jul 18, 12:40 PM
    • 9,245 Posts
    • 127,278 Thanks
    altojack
    Went to Mr T 9.45am for repeat prescription 22 degrees already Home by 9.00am 27 degrees I was melting.

Just had to refill water bottles in the fridge . I never buy bottled water as our tap water tastes fine

Hugs to the poorly Elite and special thoughts to those feeling low in body and mind, you're in my thoughts daily xx

I actually left home at 8.45am and home by 9am. My brain must have been over heating lol
    Last edited by altojack; 10-07-2018 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Added correct time

• altojack
    • By altojack 9th Jul 18, 12:43 PM
    • 9,245 Posts
    • 127,278 Thanks
    altojack
    Off for catch-up and a cold drink

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Jul 18, 12:44 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    According to Hukd the 50 voucher codes have started to arrive today
    thank you, I'd forgotten all about this - good timing as I need to get frontline spot on for the cats - its a dizzy world of excitement here
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Jul 18, 12:51 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    If anyone is trapped in the house and in need of a rummage though the internet and wants to join in this exciting bargain hunt they are called

Frontline Spot on Cat - you get 6 pipettes of 0.5ml in a box and so far the cheapest I've found works out at 3.83 each.
    I was supposed to order them at the weekend to be here today but lethargy overcame me.

We have not had flea problems for years, usually they are all combed 3 or 4 times a week and apart from odd ones its never been an issue but this peculiar weather is not helping ...

I've also got to wash bedding and think about car insurance and then work out when Sophies cat insurance is due .... the level of excitement in this house by the end of the day will be at fever pitch especially if we also do a trip to sainsburys for recycling and cashback items to round it off
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,549Posts Today

9,228Users online

Martin's Twitter