Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,540Posts
    • 36,891Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2028
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th Jul 18, 5:54 AM
    • 29,647 Posts
    • 427,479 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 9th Jul 18, 6:21 AM
    • 3,276 Posts
    • 49,766 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning. Happy Monday. It is freezing today. Just been outside and needed my dressing gown on. Sky is dark grey. According to my phone it is 16C, going down to 12C by midnight! According to the news, we are forecast light raid today as well. Back to the norm for the NE coven.
    Last edited by elainemn; 09-07-2018 at 6:30 AM.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 9th Jul 18, 6:45 AM
    • 3,276 Posts
    • 49,766 Thanks
    elainemn
    There are some McDonalds vouchers in todays metro. Unsure if this link will work but it is 1.99 for various burgers and fries on page 17.

http://e-edition.metro.news/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=d9333e50-b372-44c8-98e3-91b0afa8651b

Editied to state only valid until 1st July in online version so already out of date????
    Last edited by elainemn; 09-07-2018 at 6:53 AM.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th Jul 18, 7:31 AM
    • 29,647 Posts
    • 427,479 Thanks
    tweets
    My phone says 16 degrees going up to 22 degrees but rain at 12.00 til 9pm. Now do I believe app and take my coat , sweatshirt jacket or none to work Bag heavy enough today with all my clean uniform. May take my sweatshirt jacket just in case.

After work Aunty Hilary picking me up at home and I got a list and we going mums flat picking some stuff up to make her room look and feel more homely in the carehome .

I have been good was told not to go mums flat and be carrying stuff back so I haven't one can listen sometimes lol
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th Jul 18, 7:35 AM
    • 29,647 Posts
    • 427,479 Thanks
    tweets
    lesliejack was yesterday's smartest player!

24 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Monday): Movies 1 : Easier
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 9th Jul 18, 7:39 AM
    • 16,773 Posts
    • 281,945 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Good morning. Happy Monday. It is freezing today. Just been outside and needed my dressing gown on. Sky is dark grey. According to my phone it is 16C, going down to 12C by midnight! According to the news, we are forecast light raid today as well. Back to the norm for the NE coven.
    Originally posted by elainemn
    I'd be quite happy with 12 degrees at the mo - my house is like a sweat box despite all the windows, doors and fans being open/on - it was 19 degrees when I left my house this morning to come to work and by the time i got to work it was 24. Nothing in my office has been open since Friday so it was baking in here but I have all the windows open now and there is a lovely breeze coming in from the window behind me

My phone says 16 degrees going up to 22 degrees but rain at 12.00 til 9pm. Now do I believe app and take my coat , sweatshirt jacket or none to work Bag heavy enough today with all my clean uniform. May take my sweatshirt jacket just in case.

After work Aunty Hilary picking me up at home and I got a list and we going mums flat picking some stuff up to make her room look and feel more homely in the carehome .

I have been good was told not to go mums flat and be carrying stuff back so I haven't one can listen sometimes lol
    Originally posted by tweets
    Good girl! We cant have you shifting stuff around in this weather!
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • Enormo
    • By Enormo 9th Jul 18, 7:54 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 621 Thanks
    Enormo
    Mc D's Metro Vouchers
    There are some McDonalds vouchers in todays metro. Unsure if this link will work but it is 1.99 for various burgers and fries on page 17.

http://e-edition.metro.news/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=d9333e50-b372-44c8-98e3-91b0afa8651b

Editied to state only valid until 1st July in online version so already out of date????

*** The date on the vouchers in the Printed Edition is also 1 July ! ***
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 9th Jul 18, 8:03 AM
    • 5,539 Posts
    • 72,605 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 9th Jul 18, 8:13 AM
    • 3,974 Posts
    • 54,769 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

We had rain overnight

It was well needed and there is about an inch of water in the bird bath

I am starting to get the stuff ready for holidays and we are talking lots of food for 8 of us so hoping it will make a space in the cupboards

I love all this planning I think I have minor OCD

Opened the "savings tubs" and had 144 from Easter Kids were in their element roughly counting their allocated particular value of coins

Enjoy your day
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th Jul 18, 8:41 AM
    • 19,645 Posts
    • 210,712 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, another sunny one. No rain in the forecast here, struggling to get the house down below 28-30C at the moment, even though windows are open all day and French windows are open when the sun has gone round. It is due to be a lot cooler tomorrow and for the next few days though so might actually get a good night's sleep.

We have loads of wasps and ants .

The ant powder seems to work for a bit.

We may have to take on the wasps nesting in the garden .

We have left them up to now as they weren't bothering us - but both me and Mrs Anon have been stung this week and Little Anons go out in the garden (when we can get them off computers/iPads).

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Wilko's wasp nest killer does the job nicely
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jul 18, 8:46 AM
    • 35,143 Posts
    • 485,649 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Just trying to occupy my mind.
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    I'm a great believer in keeping busy...

Forgot to mention that I picked up a whoopsied Higgidy Quiche the other day for 90p......the one with the Joules picnic sticker on the front. I put the code through their website and no, I didn't win a picnic set but I did win a voucher. I remembered to claim it on the Mac and not the iPad and I got a 1 voucher off

Now I need to find another whoopsied one for 90p

Higgidy stuff is sooooooooooo expensive

But delicious
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jul 18, 8:51 AM
    • 35,143 Posts
    • 485,649 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Blinking wasps are out in force - minus one who decided to attack and sting me, so that is the end of him .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I remember sitting on a bee once. The only time I've been stung. I honestly thought I'd sat on an upright needle
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jul 18, 8:57 AM
    • 35,143 Posts
    • 485,649 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I can see the sea fret rolling in right now. Temperatures have plummeted. On the bright side I can have a day off from watering the pots and baskets.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jul 18, 9:08 AM
    • 35,143 Posts
    • 485,649 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Green Jinn

Teskies

Tilda rice, some varieties 1 with 50p back
    Muller rice 68p with 40p back.
    Original source 90p with 50p cashback
    Birds eye fishcakes 1.10 with 45p back

Sains
    Birds eye fishcakes are 1 in S
    Muller rice 50p
    Tyrell's 1 in S with 50p cashback
    Last edited by TrulyMadly; 09-07-2018 at 9:15 AM.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 9th Jul 18, 9:09 AM
    • 7,198 Posts
    • 59,460 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Buy a Ribena at Greggs, scan rewards app and get a free salad next time you visit
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Has anyone else got this to work?

Thought Id try but not too bothered as dont think much of Gweg salads.
    Bought a ribena the other day with an AP and scanned my app, checked today nothing on the gweg app about a salad.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 9th Jul 18, 9:13 AM
    • 37,376 Posts
    • 157,382 Thanks
    silvercar
    Put the min/max thermometer on my bedside table last night and it recorded 77.1-79.5! (25-26.4 in new money). That is with a bowl of ice cubes in the room.

Have avoided planting bedding plants so far this year as we were away for nearly 3 weeks; now I'm thinking there is no point until the weather breaks. I wonder when is too early for Winter Pansies??
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 9th Jul 18, 9:18 AM
    • 6,773 Posts
    • 91,150 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

OMG, last night was the worst nights sleep in this heat I have ever had, even the dog was pacing/wobbling last night, I ended up taking him out at 1.30 just to try and cool down a bit, but it was still hot out at that time.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 9th Jul 18, 9:18 AM
    • 10,132 Posts
    • 116,455 Thanks
    emerald21
    Has anyone else got this to work?

Thought Id try but not too bothered as dont think much of Gweg salads.
    Bought a ribena the other day with an AP and scanned my app, checked today nothing on the gweg app about a salad.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    It won't work with an android pay you need to buy one through your app using the money you have in your app I presume like I did

Good Morning all
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jul 18, 9:20 AM
    • 35,143 Posts
    • 485,649 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Put the min/max thermometer on my bedside table last night and it recorded 77.1-79.5! (25-26.4 in new money). That is with a bowl of ice cubes in the room.

Have avoided planting bedding plants so far this year as we were away for nearly 3 weeks; now I'm thinking there is no point until the weather breaks. I wonder when is too early for Winter Pansies??
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Unsure sc but I know where you're coming from. I've never known our water butts to be so low. One more decent water and they are empty. A good opportunity to clean them out I know but there is no sign of rain on the horizon.
    Does anyone on here use bath water for watering flowering plants? Do the chemicals in soap have any effect on them?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jul 18, 9:22 AM
    • 35,143 Posts
    • 485,649 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning everyone.

OMG, last night was the worst nights sleep in this heat I have ever had, even the dog was pacing/wobbling last night, I ended up taking him out at 1.30 just to try and cool down a bit, but it was still hot out at that time.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    How is he walking now Sarah....is he getting stronger?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

130Posts Today

1,603Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

• Follow Martin