Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,644Posts
    • 37,083Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2027
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jul 18, 8:00 PM
    • 28,137 Posts
    • 385,891 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    TS
    Have you been talking to yourself?
    Was 34 i here earlier
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Nothing unusual there

Talking to myself that is not the 34 degrees.

That's hotter than here I think we only hit 30. Bit cooler along the coast.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 8th Jul 18, 8:07 PM
    • 16,825 Posts
    • 282,171 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    So what's the highest on the Elite thermometers today?

And DM I will need proof.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Inside my chicken run read 42 degrees today when I was there at lunchtime and outside 37.1 degrees
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Jul 18, 8:16 PM
    • 52,865 Posts
    • 627,904 Thanks
    bubbs
    Inside my chicken run read 42 degrees today when I was there at lunchtime and outside 37.1 degrees
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Blimey still 31 in here just looked
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 lb
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jul 18, 8:21 PM
    • 28,137 Posts
    • 385,891 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Blimey still 31 in here just looked
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Just drove to pick up DD and it was 29.5 degrees half way there, back down to 29 now I am home parked in the shade again.

It must have been way over the 30 degrees forecast this afternoon.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jul 18, 8:22 PM
    • 28,137 Posts
    • 385,891 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    I'll ask Mr TS how hot is hot house got today when he gets in, he has one of those high/low thermometers in it. It's been reading over 40 for couple of weeks now. It's like a jungle in there Mr TS keeps disappearing in it.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jul 18, 8:23 PM
    • 28,137 Posts
    • 385,891 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    26 degress at moment am melting

Originally posted by tweets
    Good job you are not down here then tweets, you would be a puddle.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jul 18, 8:26 PM
    • 28,137 Posts
    • 385,891 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I think ours hit 38C, but that is in full sun as we have nowhere consistently shady to put it. Currently in the shade and 27C with 34% humidity.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I'm driving towards you tomorrow E, it was hotter there than here when I last visited.

• tweets
    • By tweets 8th Jul 18, 8:28 PM
    • 30,060 Posts
    • 430,143 Thanks
    tweets
    Good job you are not down here then tweets, you would be a puddle.
    So glad I am not there I know what its going to be like in kitchen at work next week
    Lost 3st-12.5lb
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jul 18, 8:34 PM
    • 28,137 Posts
    • 385,891 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Ooh Snap if you were interested I have found a 20% off discount code on Holiday Pirates for Port Lympne.

https://www.holidaypirates.com/accommodation/20rewriterulestitle-off-safari-glamping-in-kent-school-holiday-family-deals-from-gbp-42pppn_27642

If you could get the shepherds hut in Pinewood for your sister she would have her own shower and toilet facilities. We stayed there it was fabulous. The pods looked really good too, but it is communal facilities.

It does say 20% off any accommodation so I assume the all the other more luxury ones are included. Looks like code valid limited dates, not sure when you were thinking of going away.

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 8th Jul 18, 8:43 PM
    • 20,016 Posts
    • 212,856 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I'm driving towards you tomorrow E, it was hotter there than here when I last visited.
    It certainly seemed rather hot in the sun today. We went out for a walk this morning, only out for about an hour and a half, got through a pint of water each and came back and downed another pint

We have had no rain for several weeks now. Apparently in Tunbridge Wells last Tuesday they had flash flooding in The Pantiles.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 8th Jul 18, 8:47 PM
    • 20,404 Posts
    • 265,897 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I think ours hit 38C, but that is in full sun as we have nowhere consistently shady to put it. Currently in the shade and 27C with 34% humidity.
    I haven't had that hot. I did have a quite high temperature (upper 20s) a month or two ago, before all the talk of heatwaves started, but that because I parked my car in direct sun and it was quite high when I came back to it - the temperature reading plumetted by 10 degrees within 15 minutes. I did see the reading more genuinely at 30 degrees recently - first time I've seen a temperature beginning with a 3 and having two digits. So my car reading has actually gone from I believe we had minus 18 degrees low some years ago to highest in 30 degrees.

I am not sure which is better, though I suppose the hot temperatures allow us to save money on heating. My complaints of not being able to hang washing out because of rain every few minutes have also vanished. Although I am changing clothes more frequently, this weather is fantastic as I can hang them out on any day and they are guaranteed to be dry within a few hours. We just need one deluge, preferably announced weeks in advance so that I can plan for it, preferably on a Wednesday and then dry all week. Every week. All year. Please. I prefer temperatures of about 22-24 degrees though - they are pretty nice, above that it does get a bit too hot.

I have extended the time to complete last week's M list updating until Tuesday night. The reasons I am delayed are the same as those for the cheap overseas travel recently: the World Cup and the hot weather. It's been more the weather than the Cup - I obviously put things aside for some of that but haven't been able to update at other times because it's just too hot to do so. So, I will miss out tomorrow when we're not expecting much change (I bet they'll bring in lots and lots of fantastic RTCs that I will completely miss - cue a really good flash offer in M...) and pick things up on Wednesday, to be completed by 6pm. The updating afterwards of course will take weeks. (Hopefully not.)

I was of course aware of some Bakery Cookies that went to 50p in M. That started on a Thursday so was picked up by people on hotukdeals before me. I saw them on Monday and got details of them and their BCs. Unfortunately by Wednesday 1 BC versions of them appeared in my stores so I decided that a pack of regular size SP Cookies (rather than these bigger 5 cookies per bag) would work out cheaper anyway (vs M 40p, making the Bakery Cookies at 50p seem really expensive - though we had the 10p clearout some years ago that was a lot cheaper). The Bakery Cookies - I was aware of but they didn't make it to the list.

I am glad some of the boys are out of those caves, though don't like to correct it to 4 ("at least 4") rather than 6. I hope all those trapped get out safely. (Sorry for that interruption - just had to rescue some Chocolate Nibbles that someone had sneaked upstairs to try to consume.) I hope the rescue (of the boys and their coach more than my Chocolate Nibbles) goes to plan and they will be able to see England beat France at the World Cup final next Sunday.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 08-07-2018 at 8:59 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 704-707 inclusive; "Buy in M": post 707 onwards.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Jul 18, 8:48 PM
    • 13,210 Posts
    • 148,121 Thanks
    Anon
    Did you go in to order or can you do it online? They don't deliver do they...
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Ordered instore, only 15 minutes wait.

They have a phone number for each store on their website so assume you could phone and order?

HTH

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Jul 18, 8:50 PM
    • 13,210 Posts
    • 148,121 Thanks
    Anon
    Blinking wasps are out in force - minus one who decided to attack and sting me, so that is the end of him .

Anon
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 8th Jul 18, 8:56 PM
    • 20,016 Posts
    • 212,856 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Blinking wasps are out in force - minus one who decided to attack and sting me, so that is the end of him .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I don't like wasps, vicious little blighters. Have to admit I have not seen many this year. Was enjoying watching the bees whilst we were having dinner though, we have some cornflowers on the outside table and they absolutely love them
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jul 18, 8:58 PM
    • 28,137 Posts
    • 385,891 Thanks
    Tinyshoes

Anon
    Ouch!!!!!!

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jul 18, 9:03 PM
    • 28,137 Posts
    • 385,891 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I don't like wasps, vicious little blighters. Have to admit I have not seen many this year. Was enjoying watching the bees whilst we were having dinner though, we have some cornflowers on the outside table and they absolutely love them
    We have not seen many either, and also I haven't seen any ants, usually we get them in our porch, but last year they were coming in the kitchen so we finally resorted to Nippon rather than the Borax/sugar mix Mr TS was concocting other years. Also put an ant trap outside with it in in line with where we they were coming into the kitchen and that's the last we have seen of them for over a year. Hope I haven't spoke to soon.

DD on the other hand in the shared house she is in has them in her first floor bedroom. She just text me to say the ants are feasting so hopefully the Nippon will do the trick for her too. Unfortunately her landlady has had them downstairs all year but just glues up the holes where they were crawling out of, so hasn't actually eradicated them.

• Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 8th Jul 18, 9:19 PM
    • 20,404 Posts
    • 265,897 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    12 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Nestle Shreddies MAX Protein Crunchy Oat Granola (400g) 2.49 N/A
    2x Loyd Grossman Bolognese Pasta Sauce (660g) 5.36 4.00
    1x ASDA 8 Fizzy Pop Ice Lollies (8x55ml) 1.00 N/A
    2x Mission Deli Original Mini Wraps (6pk) 1.50 N/A
    1x Belvita Breakfast Biscuits Milk & Cereals (225g) 2.50 1.00
    1x Carte D'Or Classic Vanilla Ice Cream Dessert (1l) 2.00 2.00
    1x ASDA Fresh Double Cream (300ml) 0.95 1.07
    1x Snickers Bar 7 Pack (7x41.7) 1.50 N/A
    1.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.87 0.87
    1x Belvita Breakfast Biscuits Fruit & Multigrain (225g) 2.50 1.00
    1x Young's Breaded Scampi (220g) 2.00 3.00
    1x Pizza Express Original Dough Balls with Garlic Butter Dip (200g) 3.00 N/A
    3x Birds Eye Inspirations 2 Fish Chargrills with Tomato & Herb (300g) 10.50 10.50
    1x Clover Light Spread (500g) 1.00 1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 27.68 24.44
    +3.24 cheaper
    For your information:
    Originally posted by LANGO1966
    Hopeless - the Max Granola clearly is in M at 1.50 and it looks like A has put its price up too. They didn't pick up the Bubblegum Lollies either, although they are the same volume in A and M but M uses their weight instead on the SELs. I am being too good at linking A and M products up - although I can talk as I lost the Mission Deli Wraps in M several weeks ago. Better price in T anyway now (and could have gone up to full price in M before vanishing completely for me as I had no SELs last time I did have them).

To be fair though, I am picking on the 'dodgy' things here and I've seen quite a number of items recently on the APG that have picked up M and at what I believe to be the correct price. They had even started to pick up the 4 Spiral Scourers vs M's Steel Scourers at 1 in M; however Home Bargains (seemingly intermittently of late at my specific store) has a 3 pack at 39p. However the 6 pack toilet rolls had also gone back to comparing against M at double size 2 - although that was a couple of weeks ago (a womble turning up late but not too late in the day) and I hope they have dropped off again. M now has an 18 pack that works out cheaper than A's straight price on other pack sizes, given that T went OOS and no longer offers a comparable version so 10% off same price has been lost for non-discount card users. So in general the APG does work as we won't be buying anything silly like toilet rolls in A anyway and, folks, don't let this make you think M is more risky than it is.

Not the Dolmio 500g sauces though. They were picking up M at 1 earlier in the week but are now (obviously from last Wednesday's collection) picking up M at 1.78. I was liking them as they keep on buying them, at 2 for 2.50 in A, but that was still helping as the mbuy price was more expensive than the straight 1. Unfortunately, they are continuing to buy them - always unnecessary 2 for 1.50 rather than just one at full price, or what should be unnecessary (as they insist on buying them before their last day) had M continued to be picked up at 1 - I am no longer liking them anymore and it is not helping at 1.25 vs 1.78 each.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 08-07-2018 at 9:29 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 704-707 inclusive; "Buy in M": post 707 onwards.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Jul 18, 10:25 PM
    • 7,309 Posts
    • 60,164 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    What a con Greggs sandwiches are!

Maybe I should have a moan on social media, I might get a voucher out of them
    Last edited by fuzzgun19; 08-07-2018 at 10:28 PM.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Jul 18, 10:47 PM
    • 13,210 Posts
    • 148,121 Thanks
    Anon
    We have loads of wasps and ants .

The ant powder seems to work for a bit.

We may have to take on the wasps nesting in the garden .

We have left them up to now as they weren't bothering us - but both me and Mrs Anon have been stung this week and Little Anons go out in the garden (when we can get them off computers/iPads).

Anon
    • michaels
    • By michaels 9th Jul 18, 12:00 AM
    • 21,246 Posts
    • 98,379 Thanks
    michaels
    BellaI vouchers worked on takeout Go to their website first and register your email for a 50% off voucher code for pizza/pasta (search Google for Bella I takeaway 50 off) ... though it doubles how long it will take to spend them .

HTH

Anon
    We have dealt with the bella/caferouge vouchers but still have a fair amount of the Mitchell and butlers so need a good 241 or 50% off offer to use them on - anyone?

What a con Greggs sandwiches are!

Maybe I should have a moan on social media, I might get a voucher out of them
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Been eating g's for lunch solidly at work for the last 4 months but still it seems the month will run out before we have used them all up. Am thinking of standing outside the store one lunch hour offering people half price sarnies for cash....

We were out all day, got home and it was 29.7 indoors, opened all the doors and windows and put all the fans on but it just moved round the hot air that was just as hot outside as in.
    Cool heads and compromise
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,736Posts Today

8,412Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin