Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,775Posts
    • 37,500Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2020
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 7th Jul 18, 11:23 AM
    • 7,427 Posts
    • 61,103 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Thursday was with mum yesterday was

Only just told AJ so not in mood to post on here yet all I can say about NHS is sorry .

At the moment they not top of my list

Home she in brilliant

Sleep last night didn't get much that's why I had hung washing out before 5-30am just fetched some in and hung more out

Also bed stripped and made with dirty bedding in washer it had to wait its turn those birds are busy chirping but bedding goes in drier they not pooping on it
    Originally posted by tweets
    Sorry you have had a bad experience tweets, just to let you know you're not the only one, my mum had a bad NHS experience last year too, even now she wells up even talking about it.

Personally I've only had good experiences, but yes there is bad too.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 7th Jul 18, 11:25 AM
    • 28,420 Posts
    • 388,177 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Oh Zippy we didn't see that coming. We all love you too.

If there is anything as your Elite friends we can do to support you please ask...
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Jul 18, 11:45 AM
    • 15,155 Posts
    • 258,554 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 7th Jul 18, 11:59 AM
    • 20,691 Posts
    • 268,309 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Just hearing that, because of the weather and the World Cup, holidays to abroad are going cheap. They are making a loss on prices normally found at the very end of October. Flight only prices too such as Newcastle to Parma for 34 return! With expensive rail fares and disruptions to rail services - Northern Rail and yesterday at London Victoria - I bet it's cheaper to travel from Manchester to London by plane rather than by train (I could have picked any two cities in the UK that have airports). Surely the cheap way to travel across the UK is to travel out of the country and then back in again? Fly from Manchester to Spain then get another flight from Spain to London. So, avoid the UK rail system by taking the plane instead.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 07-07-2018 at 3:19 PM.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 7th Jul 18, 12:46 PM
    • 3,071 Posts
    • 39,848 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good afternoon Elite.

((Zippy))
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Anon
    • By Anon 7th Jul 18, 1:06 PM
    • 13,506 Posts
    • 150,846 Thanks
    Anon

No luck here. I walked in the hot sun this morning, was pouring with sweat by the time I got to Bella (no free parking nearby).

I asked about buying a gift card with AP, but she said not possible as when they swipe the gift card on the till they only have an option for cash or card payment. At no point did she offer to try though so I may have got a jobsworth.

It may be like someone posted a while back about the Costa AP's being put onto one, I don't know if Bella tills are set up the same, or it could actually be done by staff who know what theyre doing with the till system (at a quiet time).

I asked a couple of times months ago about the Costa ones, but was told not possible and one SA tried a gift card purchase on the till, but no option for voucher payment so I gave up.

Not sure what to do with my AP meal vouchers, I must have about 20 to use - does anyone know if you can sell these on Zeek?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    That's a shame/pain - and I have 16 left plus 7 10 ones too . I don't think you can sell on as they are not gift cards but voucher? The voucher does not say you can't buy takeaway which is another option. If you added gift cards to a meal purchase that may be an option as there must be the setting for paying with the voucher then (even if it rejects it for the gift card)?

Anon
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jul 18, 1:08 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    Thornies ice ice baby and Hollanders hippypees still showing as free today
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    We went up to Talke Pits this morning - it seems to have been rebranded but its still TP. Firstly I noticed HB was an outlet store but I thought we'd figure out if you could use the app later. Then we contined round to Thorntons to find an empty shop
    Why didnt anyone tell me

So as we were half way there we ended up in Stafford, Sada carpark was rammed but at least it was 2 hours free parking.
    We got our Thorntons i e creams - yummy but I nearly lost mine, ice cream juggling is very sticky! Oh had choc orange and I had lemon meringue
    Then we got the Hippeas from Hb - for the food bank bag.
    Then Greggs - OH had sandwich and coke for 3 using an AP and I had a cheese bacon wrap to share with OH, coffee and custard slice to share - total 25p to pay
    Boots for the Aqua Libra cans for shopimum freebie

Then home
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 7th Jul 18, 1:09 PM
    • 4,193 Posts
    • 56,767 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    I have just attempted to make pickled red onion rings. I bought a jar a few weeks ago and thought they were good but definitely overpriced We shall see if they are any good

Last time I made chutney was a recipe for slow cooker apple chutney Was originally posted by JellyBiactol? Another missing elite

Off to do more tidying
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Jul 18, 1:25 PM
    • 53,204 Posts
    • 630,500 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Just had a whizz through, Zippy my thoughts are with you ,pease please talk to someone , take care
    HG fantastic news
    I echo about the NHS , DH is currently under them and they have been fantastic (not for his feet/ legs, but they were fantastic with those too) , these are STILL healing 4 weeks later
    I can appreciate like tweets mum , not everyone gets the care they need
    I wont be about much again today /tonight as off to a party
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 7th Jul 18, 1:38 PM
    • 10,425 Posts
    • 118,568 Thanks
    emerald21

No luck here. I walked in the hot sun this morning, was pouring with sweat by the time I got to Bella (no free parking nearby).

I asked about buying a gift card with AP, but she said not possible as when they swipe the gift card on the till they only have an option for cash or card payment. At no point did she offer to try though so I may have got a jobsworth.

It may be like someone posted a while back about the Costa AP's being put onto one, I don't know if Bella tills are set up the same, or it could actually be done by staff who know what theyre doing with the till system (at a quiet time).

I asked a couple of times months ago about the Costa ones, but was told not possible and one SA tried a gift card purchase on the till, but no option for voucher payment so I gave up.

Not sure what to do with my AP meal vouchers, I must have about 20 to use - does anyone know if you can sell these on Zeek?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Oh dear lol . I've got about 10 10 ones left and if I can't use them with family etc I ll buy drinks to take out at an extortionate price mind you but at least they will be free but it's still hard to do so. Re the Greggs I m busy buying the orange juices and they won't go to waste.

Good Aftrnoon all

Sorry to hear your news zippy.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 7th Jul 18, 1:42 PM
    • 26,880 Posts
    • 323,122 Thanks
    davemorton
    Oh Zippy we didn't see that coming. We all love you too.

If there is anything as your Elite friends we can do to support you please ask...
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Just echoing what TS said, just ask.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • janed9388
    • By janed9388 7th Jul 18, 1:44 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 1,654 Thanks
    janed9388
    Does anyone know if you can use more than one gregs voucher from AP in one transaction ? just had lunch from there and they said not, but I wasn't too convinced they understood the question !!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 7th Jul 18, 1:50 PM
    • 7,427 Posts
    • 61,103 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Does anyone know if you can use more than one gregs voucher from AP in one transaction ? just had lunch from there and they said not, but I wasn't too convinced they understood the question !!
    Originally posted by janed9388
    Yes you can, Ive used two in one transaction quite a few times.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 7th Jul 18, 2:05 PM
    • 6,923 Posts
    • 92,256 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Bubbs enjoy your party.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 7th Jul 18, 2:26 PM
    • 696 Posts
    • 31,663 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Anyone doing this? I seem to get a free ribena every other day

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5855875
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • Anon
    • By Anon 7th Jul 18, 2:37 PM
    • 13,506 Posts
    • 150,846 Thanks
    Anon
    Originally posted by janed9388
    Yes, no issue at all, it just takes 3/5 off at a time - the most I have used is 4 in one transaction.

HTH

Anon
    • nanx4
    • By nanx4 7th Jul 18, 2:41 PM
    • 235 Posts
    • 2,722 Thanks
    nanx4
    FOOTBALLS COMING HOME

COME ON ENGLAND
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jul 18, 2:58 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    Anyone doing this? I seem to get a free ribena every other day

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5855875
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    Ta for this, sadly no win today.

Maybe a kind person would shout out a reminder every day - its the sort of little games the Elite do very well with
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jul 18, 3:24 PM
    • 36,606 Posts
    • 497,243 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    A v S

1x L'Oreal Elvive Colour Protect Coloured Hair Conditioner (50ml) 1.50 1.00
    1x L'Oreal Elvive Colour Protect Coloured Hair Shampoo (50ml) 1.50 1.00
    1x Nivea Mini Anti-Perspirant deodorant - pearl beauty (35ml) 1.50 1.00

Before you get too excited, these are travel sizes but might be of use to someone.

Work out at 1.20 for 3, any combination.

Could be useful fillers v S
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 7th Jul 18, 3:26 PM
    • 20,691 Posts
    • 268,309 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    couple of shops from today, I was down at Carlisle so was doing a bit of an English 'booze cruise'
    I also had 4 X Marston's 61 Deep Pale Ale(500ml) 1.65 any 4 for 6.00 which are not on the APG Might work as a trigger but have not checked if there are any good comparisons

15 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Whiskas 1+ Cat Complete Dry with Tuna (2kg) 4.00 3.50
    1x Kellogg's Special K Original (500g) 2.00 2.00
    4x Wychwood Brewery Hobgoblin IPA (500ml) 6.00 6.00
    3x Ringwood Brewery Razorback Craft Ale (500ml) 3.00 N/A
    2x Uncle Ben's Sweet and Sour Cooking Sauce (450g) 3.76 2.00
    1x Philadelphia Soft Cheese Caramelised Onion (170g) 1.00 1.00
    3x Wychwood Brewery Hobgoblin Gold (500ml) 3.75 3.00
    1x Whiskas 7+ Senior Complete Dry Cat Food with Chicken (1.9kg) 4.00 3.50
    1x Philadelphia Light Soft Cheese With Garlic & Herbs (170g) 1.00 1.00
    1x Flora Buttery Spread (1kg) 2.98 2.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 28.49 24.00
    +4.49 cheaper

10 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Kellogg's Special K Original (500g) 2.00 2.00
    1x Comfort Intense Concentrated Fabric Conditioner Luxurious 64 Washes (960ml) 4.00 2.34
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.11 0.15
    1x Ringwood Brewery Razorback Craft Ale (500ml) 1.00 N/A
    1x Comfort Intense Fabric Conditioner Fuchsia Passion 64 Washes (960ml) 4.00 2.33
    0.25x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.18 0.18
    1x Wychwood Brewery Fire Catcher Dazzling Golden Beer (500ml) 1.00 0.98
    1x Comfort Intense Fabric Conditioner Fresh Sky 64 Washes (960ml) 4.00 2.33
    1x Morland Brewery Old Speckled Hen Strong Fine Ale (500ml) 1.65 1.00
    1x Wychwood Brewery Hobgoblin Gold (500ml) 1.25 1.00
    1x Philadelphia Light Soft Cheese (180g) 1.00 1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 19.19 13.31
    +5.88 cheaper
    Originally posted by curlgirl
    There are often potential good comparisons on my list as various ones that are on 4 for 6 in A regularly go onto 1 price in M and that's dealt with my problem of losing Marstons 61 in M, that went to 1 there and then disappeared for me, as I can now remove it from my list (if indeed it's still there). I do not know whether it is still 1 in M, due to losing it. Shame it is not a visible trigger and does not compare itself against 1 M.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,549Posts Today

9,228Users online

Martin's Twitter