Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,775Posts
    • 37,500Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2019
    • tweets
    • By tweets 7th Jul 18, 7:29 AM
    • 30,459 Posts
    • 433,181 Thanks
    tweets
    Good morning. Take care Zippy.

Busy day ahead as have a house full today for the match then a little teas afterwards. Think it will be salads and some things woopsied out of freezer as cannot be bothered to light the BBQ.

Off to tidy the house, bake a birthday cake and do some shopping before it gets too hot.

Putting kettle on first if anyone wants one.
    Originally posted by elainemn
    Thank you for the saves me getting up to put kettle on
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 7th Jul 18, 7:30 AM
    • 30,459 Posts
    • 433,181 Thanks
    tweets
    Morning all

Zippy (((x)))

Can I share a little bit of good news? A lovely young friend has been undergoing aggressive chemo and radiotherapy for the last year or so. Yesterday he was told he is finally in remission. His immediate response was to invite everyone to a f*ck cancer party
    Originally posted by hornetgirl

Brilliant news for your friend
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • cjj
    • By cjj 7th Jul 18, 7:31 AM
    • 6,446 Posts
    • 85,592 Thanks
    cjj
    [QUOTE=TrulyMadly;74498356][QUOTE=pacifica9;74497585]

I always have a maintenance week in july

Gates painted, hedges cut, allotment tidied.... lots of jobs done to keep things running smoothly around the house. It saves money in he long run.

Hope to have a few days away too

Is anyone else feeling emotional about the NHS birthday?

I'm looking back at the births of DS and DD, all those crazy hospital dashes with little broken bones and fingers jammed in doors, more recently cycling accidents, tests and scares and loss of friends and family who have been cared for and supported throughout their illnesses.

NHS.....YOU ARE WONDERFUL
    Originally posted by emerald21

I'm proud to be starting my new job with NHS xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • cjj
    • By cjj 7th Jul 18, 7:33 AM
    • 6,446 Posts
    • 85,592 Thanks
    cjj
    Morning all hope everyone is well xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • hippychicky
    • By hippychicky 7th Jul 18, 7:48 AM
    • 767 Posts
    • 9,854 Thanks
    hippychicky
    sorry to hear that zippy x
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 7th Jul 18, 7:51 AM
    • 4,194 Posts
    • 56,784 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

Hugs to those that need them

Well done cjj Must have been those legs that helped wow them

Tweets Hopefully a good visit with your mum today

Good news HG

I have a serious amount of housework to catch up on but don't think it will happen Hopefully a visit from the kids re holiday next week will give a good excuse

My GD words Sooooooo super excited whenever we mention holiday

Enjoy whatever you do
    Last edited by mrsmac10; 07-07-2018 at 7:53 AM.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 7th Jul 18, 7:53 AM
    • 5,375 Posts
    • 61,736 Thanks
    gocat
    (((((Zippy))))) Hope you are ok this morning .

Good luck with new job cjj. Is it anything to do with nursing, or the admin side?

all

For the first time since the heatwave I have managed to force myself out of bed and take Tessa for a walk at 6am. So much better. Was taking her out after 8pm but still felt too hot last night, so she didnt get any walkies yesterday much to her disgust

Need that coffee now
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jul 18, 7:58 AM
    • 36,620 Posts
    • 497,366 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    It's so strange isn't it....we don't know many others on here in real life, but goodness me, you feel their pain
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • tweets
    • By tweets 7th Jul 18, 8:04 AM
    • 30,459 Posts
    • 433,181 Thanks
    tweets
    Good morning all

Hugs to those that need them

Well done cjj Must have been those legs that helped wow them

Tweets Hopefully a good visit with your mum today

Good news HG

I have a serious amount of housework to catch up on but don't think it will happen Hopefully a visit from the kids re holiday next week will give a good excuse

My GD words Sooooooo super excited whenever we mention holiday

Enjoy whatever you do
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Thursday was with mum yesterday was

Only just told AJ so not in mood to post on here yet all I can say about NHS is sorry .

At the moment they not top of my list

Home she in brilliant

Sleep last night didn't get much that's why I had hung washing out before 5-30am just fetched some in and hung more out

Also bed stripped and made with dirty bedding in washer it had to wait its turn those birds are busy chirping but bedding goes in drier they not pooping on it
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 7th Jul 18, 8:11 AM
    • 4,289 Posts
    • 47,183 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Saturday.

My house looks like someone turned it upside down and shook it, hey ho.

Zippy, hope you are ok.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 7th Jul 18, 8:18 AM
    • 30,459 Posts
    • 433,181 Thanks
    tweets
    ms-money-penny was yesterday's smartest player!

24 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Saturday): Literature 1 : Easier
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 7th Jul 18, 8:22 AM
    • 2,880 Posts
    • 32,356 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good morning....I hope all is well with you all on this beautiful morning.....Have great days
    39 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 7th Jul 18, 8:46 AM
    • 2,601 Posts
    • 30,916 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    O3
    Thornies ice ice baby and Hollanders hippypees still showing as free today
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 7th Jul 18, 9:17 AM
    • 6,923 Posts
    • 92,256 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Zippy, hope your ok xx

Hornetgirl, brilliant news about your friend.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • Danigrace
    • By Danigrace 7th Jul 18, 9:18 AM
    • 369 Posts
    • 2,209 Thanks
    Danigrace
    Zippy (((X)))
    Danigrace
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Jul 18, 9:24 AM
    • 20,392 Posts
    • 215,454 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, guess what, it's sunny again. Getting bored of it now, think I prefer having a few hot days then a thunderstorm! Having to water the tomatoes etc, still, I recycle the washing up water for that.

Zippy ((((((X))))))

tweets ((((((X))))))

Anyone else that wants one ((((((X))))))
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • czerniacha
    • By czerniacha 7th Jul 18, 9:48 AM
    • 2,310 Posts
    • 23,205 Thanks
    czerniacha
    Oh zippy so sorry to see that happen to you
    It is so easy to get carried away with mse
    I remember when I first joined and we had all those fantastic Tesco deals(dtd vouchers etc) and APGs I was literally obsessed, it was taking over my life and all I could see is how much free stuff I am getting. I was sharing the love and saving lots of money that we would spend on food but I do remember my ex complaining about how much time I am spending on the laptop and even tho he was spending lots of time playing computer games and in the end none of it was the reason we broke up it did cause some issues in our relationship...
    now I'm with my current BF I would not risk it for mse, I lurk every now and again but mostly when I'm on the bus or home alone
    And it's not just mse, it's so sad to see how people's lives nowadays are taken over by technology... couples in restaurants looking at their phones instead of talking, families with children who want nothing but screens...
    BF and I make an effort to put phones away when we are together, on holidays we leave them in the hotel room, we might not take lots of photos but we make memories and that's more important to us
    He was encouraging me to join mse again as I told him all the stories about free stuff but I know myself and as much as I love you guys I'm not going to risk my relationship, I impress him with a bargain every now and again but I'm lucky to not have to be mse
    As much as we loved free pizza(or five lol) we need to remember to put the loved ones in our lives first xxx
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Jul 18, 10:02 AM
    • 20,392 Posts
    • 215,454 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    That rings very true czerniacha.

When we have dgs it is no screens, we play board games or out in the garden.

The saddest thing (screen wise) I ever saw was when I took dgs down to the park, having a wonderful time watching him go mad, there was this young lad there with his mum, he was constantly shouting watch me mum, doing all sorts of fun things, and she was shouting back "I'm watching" all the time looking at her phone I see my son and his fianc!e doing the same, whenever they have dinner over our way I ban phones.

I guess I am as guilty as anyone with MSE, but OH and I spend a lot of time together when we have no access to screens so we do manage to keep up the conversation etc.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 7th Jul 18, 10:10 AM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 35,853 Thanks
    curl girl
    Morning all.

Love to zippy.
    Please talk about your problems to someone you trust.

The internet is ruining lots of people's everyday normal lives especially the teenagers. Mine is obsessed with Snapchat, Instagram and now various gambling sites.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 7th Jul 18, 11:12 AM
    • 7,428 Posts
    • 61,111 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Has anyone managed to buy Bella I giftcards please?

We are in the final month and no nearer spending up .

Many thanks

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon

No luck here. I walked in the hot sun this morning, was pouring with sweat by the time I got to Bella (no free parking nearby).

I asked about buying a gift card with AP, but she said not possible as when they swipe the gift card on the till they only have an option for cash or card payment. At no point did she offer to try though so I may have got a jobsworth.

It may be like someone posted a while back about the Costa AP's being put onto one, I don't know if Bella tills are set up the same, or it could actually be done by staff who know what theyre doing with the till system (at a quiet time).

I asked a couple of times months ago about the Costa ones, but was told not possible and one SA tried a gift card purchase on the till, but no option for voucher payment so I gave up.

Not sure what to do with my AP meal vouchers, I must have about 20 to use - does anyone know if you can sell these on Zeek?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,235Posts Today

8,131Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin