Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,539Posts
    • 36,891Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2018
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 6th Jul 18, 9:08 PM
    • 362 Posts
    • 4,463 Thanks
    chocaholics

Where do we get travel insurance that covers cancer ?

Fed up of being refused
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Have you tried https://www.allcleartravel.co.uk/travel-insurance/cancer/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Can cer&utm_term=travel%20insurance%20cover%20cancer&g clid=EAIaIQobChMIytSJ6qKL3AIViLHtCh2GMQikEAAYASAAE gIeE_D_BwE

They say they cover 99%
    • curlgirl
    • By curlgirl 6th Jul 18, 9:40 PM
    • 511 Posts
    • 7,091 Thanks
    curlgirl
    couple of shops from today, I was down at Carlisle so was doing a bit of an English 'booze cruise'
    I also had 4 X Marston's 61 Deep Pale Ale(500ml) 1.65 any 4 for 6.00 which are not on the APG Might work as a trigger but have not checked if there are any good comparisons

15 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Whiskas 1+ Cat Complete Dry with Tuna (2kg) 4.00 3.50
    1x Kellogg's Special K Original (500g) 2.00 2.00
    4x Wychwood Brewery Hobgoblin IPA (500ml) 6.00 6.00
    3x Ringwood Brewery Razorback Craft Ale (500ml) 3.00 N/A
    2x Uncle Ben's Sweet and Sour Cooking Sauce (450g) 3.76 2.00
    1x Philadelphia Soft Cheese Caramelised Onion (170g) 1.00 1.00
    3x Wychwood Brewery Hobgoblin Gold (500ml) 3.75 3.00
    1x Whiskas 7+ Senior Complete Dry Cat Food with Chicken (1.9kg) 4.00 3.50
    1x Philadelphia Light Soft Cheese With Garlic & Herbs (170g) 1.00 1.00
    1x Flora Buttery Spread (1kg) 2.98 2.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 28.49 24.00
    +4.49 cheaper

10 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Kellogg's Special K Original (500g) 2.00 2.00
    1x Comfort Intense Concentrated Fabric Conditioner Luxurious 64 Washes (960ml) 4.00 2.34
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.11 0.15
    1x Ringwood Brewery Razorback Craft Ale (500ml) 1.00 N/A
    1x Comfort Intense Fabric Conditioner Fuchsia Passion 64 Washes (960ml) 4.00 2.33
    0.25x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.18 0.18
    1x Wychwood Brewery Fire Catcher Dazzling Golden Beer (500ml) 1.00 0.98
    1x Comfort Intense Fabric Conditioner Fresh Sky 64 Washes (960ml) 4.00 2.33
    1x Morland Brewery Old Speckled Hen Strong Fine Ale (500ml) 1.65 1.00
    1x Wychwood Brewery Hobgoblin Gold (500ml) 1.25 1.00
    1x Philadelphia Light Soft Cheese (180g) 1.00 1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 19.19 13.31
    +5.88 cheaper
    • pippo
    • By pippo 6th Jul 18, 10:05 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 34,870 Thanks
    pippo
    Well my big news for today is that I am now officially a 'pensioner' in the eyes of the state!
    It's only 4 years and 8 months after when I expected when I signed up!!!

I have been to apply for my 'older person's bus pass' which will be great for free trips to the toon. It's a b@gger about Waities stopping the my picks as the express bus drops off and picks up just beside their store and I had such plans.

Also going to have to take my cup to get the free coffee it seems, but never mind I won't have to try and negotiate the one way system or pay for parking!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Jul 18, 10:18 PM
    • 12,993 Posts
    • 146,482 Thanks
    Anon
    What a powerful Eastenders this evening .

If you didn't see it, it is worth watching.

A slightly different format, I'm choked up.

Anon
    • hippychicky
    • By hippychicky 6th Jul 18, 10:22 PM
    • 706 Posts
    • 9,753 Thanks
    hippychicky
    What a powerful Eastenders this evening .

If you didn't see it, it is worth watching.

A slightly different format, I'm choked up.

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon

Me too. It was very moving
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Jul 18, 10:23 PM
    • 35,126 Posts
    • 485,472 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    For the north eastern coven, 'Fiver Fest' in Durham this weekend - lots of special deals available from independent retailers see
    http://www.totallylocallydurham.co.uk/totally-locally-fiver-fest-offers-friday-6th-to-saturday-7th-july-2018/ for more details.

Found this in the Durham Times as in Asda there was a promotion, if you bought the paper (60p) you were given a pouch Cake Angels frosting free.
    Originally posted by pippo
    Wow. Brilliant pippo....I'll have a read through later
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Jul 18, 10:24 PM
    • 35,126 Posts
    • 485,472 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    [QUOTE=pacifica9;74497585][QUOTE=emerald21;74494575]

Ahem! And posted by me. Here. On 26th June. Do you have me on ignore?

Good evening Elite. Hoping everyone is cool, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I took you off ignore on 1st July as you have been very good lately
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Jul 18, 10:31 PM
    • 35,126 Posts
    • 485,472 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    [QUOTE=pacifica9;74497585][QUOTE=emerald21;74494575]

Ahem! And posted by me. Here. On 26th June. Do you have me on ignore?

Good evening Elite. Hoping everyone is cool, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    Looks yum are you going away?
    Have a nice week
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I always have a maintenance week in july

Gates painted, hedges cut, allotment tidied.... lots of jobs done to keep things running smoothly around the house. It saves money in he long run.

Hope to have a few days away too

Is anyone else feeling emotional about the NHS birthday?

I'm looking back at the births of DS and DD, all those crazy hospital dashes with little broken bones and fingers jammed in doors, more recently cycling accidents, tests and scares and loss of friends and family who have been cared for and supported throughout their illnesses.

NHS.....YOU ARE WONDERFUL
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • curlgirl
    • By curlgirl 6th Jul 18, 10:31 PM
    • 511 Posts
    • 7,091 Thanks
    curlgirl
    [QUOTE=curlgirl;74498203]couple of shops from today, I was down at Carlisle so was doing a bit of an English 'booze cruise'
    I also had 4 X Marston's 61 Deep Pale Ale(500ml) 1.65 any 4 for 6.00 which are not on the APG Might work as a trigger but have not checked if there are any good comparisons

I had a look and these are the best comparisons I can see against Morrisons

Buy 1Pale ale and 3 lagers for 6 plus fillers APG MIGHT see 3 lagers 2.00 V 1.54giving a return of 1.83 ( if my arithmetic is right)

Budweiser Budvar Czech Premium Lager (500ml)

2.00 any 4 for 6.00

Pilsner Urquell Lager (500ml)

2.00 any 4 for 6.00
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 6th Jul 18, 10:35 PM
    • 3,974 Posts
    • 54,769 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Well my big news for today is that I am now officially a 'pensioner' in the eyes of the state!
    It's only 4 years and 8 months after when I expected when I signed up!!!

I have been to apply for my 'older person's bus pass' which will be great for free trips to the toon. It's a b@gger about Waities stopping the my picks as the express bus drops off and picks up just beside their store and I had such plans.

Also going to have to take my cup to get the free coffee it seems, but never mind I won't have to try and negotiate the one way system or pay for parking!

Well done on getting the pension and bus pass Remembef the elite always spend wisely, so go and treat yourself to mark this occasion

We got our bus pass at 60 and my pension will be at 66 and 7 months
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Jul 18, 10:37 PM
    • 35,126 Posts
    • 485,472 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Looks lovely TM, where was that?

Enjoy your week off.
    As you walk up past North Bailey just before the cathedral. Today was so busy with tourists....Italians, Germans, Americans. So pleased that it's still pulling in the crowds. I love my city
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • pippo
    • By pippo 6th Jul 18, 11:14 PM
    • 3,324 Posts
    • 34,870 Thanks
    pippo
    As you walk up past North Bailey just before the cathedral. Today was so busy with tourists....Italians, Germans, Americans. So pleased that it's still pulling in the crowds. I love my city
    Gotcha!
    I'm a Durham lass born and bred, and although we still live in the county the toon is much nearer and more accessible to us, but I much prefer Durham.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 6th Jul 18, 11:17 PM
    • 5,157 Posts
    • 60,001 Thanks
    gocat

Where do we get travel insurance that covers cancer ?

Fed up of being refused
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Not sure of your ages, but we ended up with Saga. I had cancer 9 years ago but still taking medication for it and OH got severe COPD and osteoporsis and we kept being refused travel insurance. But Saga accepted us. Was not MSE but Im just glad we got cover and didnt have to use it.
    Hope you find something soon x
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 6th Jul 18, 11:48 PM
    • 14,836 Posts
    • 237,407 Thanks
    zippydooda
    hi, zippy is covering up a lot of real pain. relied on a few long term real mates tonight. no one on here. on here can see real life concerns. i want to say ive loved mse but it has ruined my marriage, as i did not see it coming. i love you all but please listen to your partners objections when your on here. times have changed but you used to have to see our thread every few hrs.
    i will say i was very connected to the suicide reported a few days back, to my own situation. i have progressed from then but i am really very down.
    as usual for me please dont quote, i just needed my sort of Friends to know.

now in zippy style, you wernt expecting that.
    Last edited by zippydooda; 06-07-2018 at 11:52 PM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jul 18, 12:29 AM
    • 17,474 Posts
    • 211,495 Thanks
    mhoc
    Bus passes - around here its tied to the state pension age so I regard both as mythical beasts seen in the very far distance ...

OK we do have train passes but sometimes a station is miles from where you need to be or a bus will collect and drop off from right where you want to go to and sometimes there is no train station at all. Or sometimes you might want to go via bus but then cone back on the train ...

By the time I get my bus pass OH will be retired from work anyway but he wont get his SAP or bus pass until later than me. So I will say I want to use the bus pass to go to x - OH will say why use the bus when we can both go in the car .... Not realising that what I am saying is that I want to go on the bus on my own, no worry about risking life and limb, no parking worries or finding 60p or 70p, no worries about OH getting bored whilst I do a complicated comparison shop just me!

and then by the time we both have bus passes there wont be a bus service anyway ...
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 7th Jul 18, 5:40 AM
    • 29,645 Posts
    • 427,449 Thanks
    tweets
    [QUOTE=TrulyMadly;74498356][QUOTE=pacifica9;74497585]

I always have a maintenance week in july

Gates painted, hedges cut, allotment tidied.... lots of jobs done to keep things running smoothly around the house. It saves money in he long run.

Hope to have a few days away too

Is anyone else feeling emotional about the NHS birthday?

I'm looking back at the births of DS and DD, all those crazy hospital dashes with little broken bones and fingers jammed in doors, more recently cycling accidents, tests and scares and loss of friends and family who have been cared for and supported throughout their illnesses.

NHS.....YOU ARE WONDERFUL
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Last edited by tweets; 07-07-2018 at 5:45 AM.
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 7th Jul 18, 5:43 AM
    • 29,645 Posts
    • 427,449 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

Zippy (((X)))
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 7th Jul 18, 6:29 AM
    • 5,385 Posts
    • 95,221 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Morning peeps.

Just back from taking the babies for a walk. So much cooler this time of day!

Zippy, WTF you on!! Huggs if needed.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 7th Jul 18, 6:45 AM
    • 3,275 Posts
    • 49,758 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning. Take care Zippy.

Busy day ahead as have a house full today for the match then a little tea afterwards. Think it will be salads and some things woopsied out of freezer as cannot be bothered to light the BBQ.

Off to tidy the house, bake a birthday cake and do some shopping before it gets too hot.

Putting kettle on first if anyone wants one.
    Last edited by elainemn; 07-07-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 7th Jul 18, 7:02 AM
    • 5,538 Posts
    • 72,592 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all

Zippy (((x)))

Can I share a little bit of good news? A lovely young friend has been undergoing aggressive chemo and radiotherapy for the last year or so. Yesterday he was told he is finally in remission. His immediate response was to invite everyone to a f*ck cancer party
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,703Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @samgio1997: So glad you talked about the importance of taking out holiday insurance on this morning as a few years ago my auntie's pare?

• RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• Follow Martin