Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,769Posts
    • 37,500Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2015
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 6th Jul 18, 12:00 PM
    • 4,504 Posts
    • 79,072 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Another QCo 2.50 offer

Simply activate our special offer now and spend 5 (exc. delivery) or more before midnight Sunday 8 July

https://www.quidco.com/incentives/football-fever-bonus-five-july/
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 6th Jul 18, 12:01 PM
    • 28,405 Posts
    • 388,036 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Oh dear. I thought that was a baby's nappy
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

I did brush it onto a handy wipe, not botty wipe.

Found an opened pack with couple left while sorting but they were completely dried out.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 6th Jul 18, 12:03 PM
    • 28,405 Posts
    • 388,036 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I hobbled into T today to buy my Napolina whole wheat pasta for Green Jinn.

As I walked out, I scrunched up the receipt into a little ball and popped it into the bin.

It wasn't until an hour later that I realised

What's all that about?

Think I'm turning into Anon
    Now that is definitely a badge revoking incident.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • tbw
    • By tbw 6th Jul 18, 12:24 PM
    • 4,848 Posts
    • 56,194 Thanks
    tbw
    And I still haven't received any conditional spends since they dropped the mypicks.

Even the couple of small cashback shops I have done lately didn't give me any till splits.

Hopefully it might have put me back on their radar. I did a survey the other week and there was a relevant question to have a little moan about it.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Mine stopped arriving after they dropped mypicks too. I was looking online thinking I would email them but ended up on a page that gave reasons why people might not get mail shots - I followed the advice and went into mysettings and changed my marketing preferences. Somewhere along the line my preferences seem to have been changed to 'no mail contacts' and I had to change them back again. I will wait and see if I now get any vouchers.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 6th Jul 18, 12:26 PM
    • 4,188 Posts
    • 56,725 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Saversue Hope the week ends better and next week is good

Thanks to the op for the reminder about the meat free stuff in sains

I will need to pop out again IMO its too warm to do any amount of housework
    • nettiebobs
    • By nettiebobs 6th Jul 18, 12:35 PM
    • 300 Posts
    • 2,948 Thanks
    nettiebobs
    I put my Fuel receipt in yesterday for 2.98 and it's in my PayPal account today

It's down to 2 in A today.

Might have to get one for Mr TM...........and Oz
    Lovely, mine is in as well. Both of them. Separate accounts of course.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 6th Jul 18, 12:56 PM
    • 3,464 Posts
    • 35,656 Thanks
    curl girl
    Lovely, mine is in as well. Both of them. Separate accounts of course.
    Originally posted by nettiebobs
    Same pp account with different emails?
    Or different pp accounts please nettie?

By the way my latest email from cs said they were aware that there's a problem, use q for the time being!
    We could have answered that ourselves.....
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 6th Jul 18, 1:02 PM
    • 28,405 Posts
    • 388,036 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Mine stopped arriving after they dropped mypicks too. I was looking online thinking I would email them but ended up on a page that gave reasons why people might not get mail shots - I followed the advice and went into mysettings and changed my marketing preferences. Somewhere along the line my preferences seem to have been changed to 'no mail contacts' and I had to change them back again. I will wait and see if I now get any vouchers.
    Originally posted by tbw
    I did check that early in the year as I stopped getting anything and it was fine, but that was before they stopped my picks I suppose I ought to check again really thanks for the nudge tbw.

• nettiebobs
    • By nettiebobs 6th Jul 18, 1:08 PM
    • 300 Posts
    • 2,948 Thanks
    nettiebobs
    Same pp account with different emails?
    Or different pp accounts please nettie?

By the way my latest email from cs said they were aware that there's a problem, use q for the time being!
    We could have answered that ourselves.....
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Different emails and different paypal.
    They aren't so sharp fixing the problem with cs are they?
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 6th Jul 18, 1:10 PM
    • 28,405 Posts
    • 388,036 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Originally posted by tbw
    Well I never that page was completely different to last time I checked and nothing was ticked on it.

Options for tick boxes for yes please or no thanks. It definitely wasn't like that when I checked earlier in the year. And I definitely didn't say no to receiving anything. I also think I clicked to carry on receiving when they emailed with those changes in May but maybe that was just for emails...

Oh well fingers crossed for both of us. Thanks again

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 6th Jul 18, 1:12 PM
    • 15,148 Posts
    • 258,459 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Afternoon

Trying to book holiday to Portaventura for That Sister, her children & I and the prices keep going up even in a private window browsing.

We are going to Parents next week

Had to rush poor Bryn cat to vets as his heart was suddenly pounding this morning
    Heart murmur
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 6th Jul 18, 1:21 PM
    • 3,464 Posts
    • 35,656 Thanks
    curl girl
    I haven't tried today.
    Will use a combination of the 2 for the time being.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 6th Jul 18, 1:24 PM
    • 3,464 Posts
    • 35,656 Thanks
    curl girl
    Thanks.
    I'll wait and see if my first box gets paid before I buy anymore.
    OH has to allow soaking time in a morning so that it's chewable. So it's reserved for weekends.
    • tbw
    • By tbw 6th Jul 18, 1:32 PM
    • 4,848 Posts
    • 56,194 Thanks
    tbw
    Well I never that page was completely different to last time I checked and nothing was ticked on it.

Options for tick boxes for yes please or no thanks. It definitely wasn't like that when I checked earlier in the year. And I definitely didn't say no to receiving anything. I also think I clicked to carry on receiving when they emailed with those changes in May but maybe that was just for emails...

Oh well fingers crossed for both of us. Thanks again
    Thats exactly the same as me - my preferences certainly changed in recent months . Up until about February I was fine but then everything stopped.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 6th Jul 18, 1:34 PM
    • 20,362 Posts
    • 215,256 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

Trying to book holiday to Portaventura for That Sister, her children & I and the prices keep going up even in a private window browsing.

We are going to Parents next week

Had to rush poor Bryn cat to vets as his heart was suddenly pounding this morning
    Heart murmur
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    If it isn't one thing it's another

For Portaventura, have you tried clearing cookies or another computer entirely?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 6th Jul 18, 1:53 PM
    • 28,405 Posts
    • 388,036 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Thats exactly the same as me - my preferences certainly changed in recent months . Up until about February I was fine but then everything stopped.
    Originally posted by tbw
    Think it was about then I must have checked, when everyone was getting mailings after xmas and I didn't. I didn't think to check again.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 6th Jul 18, 1:54 PM
    • 28,405 Posts
    • 388,036 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Just so no one can accuse me of pinching any wine.

How does 2.67 a bottle sound

https://www.marksandspencer.com/vila-da-corte-branco-case-of-6/p/p60112233?prevPage=plp&pdpredirect

• Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 6th Jul 18, 1:56 PM
    • 542 Posts
    • 4,662 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Another QCo 2.50 offer

Simply activate our special offer now and spend 5 (exc. delivery) or more before midnight Sunday 8 July

https://www.quidco.com/incentives/football-fever-bonus-five-july/
    Originally posted by Chrisv

Thanks Chrisv, there were a couple of things that I'd been planning on getting in Halfords so this is great.
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 6th Jul 18, 2:24 PM
    • 542 Posts
    • 4,662 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Just so no one can accuse me of pinching any wine.

How does 2.67 a bottle sound

https://www.marksandspencer.com/vila-da-corte-branco-case-of-6/p/p60112233?prevPage=plp&pdpredirect

Thanks! I've ordered a case .
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 6th Jul 18, 2:33 PM
    • 542 Posts
    • 4,662 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Oh no! It's been cancelled already. Apparently it's unavailable .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

94Posts Today

1,466Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin