Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,783Posts
    • 37,517Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2011
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 5th Jul 18, 12:53 PM
    • 2,605 Posts
    • 30,950 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    So it is bh.When I looked earlier it said oos but now it's back so thank you. Hopefully I can get a rum and raisin one like I did on my walk onTuesday. It lasted me halfway
    Originally posted by emerald21
    The lemon was brilliant today, littlke tangy sherberty thingies in it . One left to claim for tomorrow, drool...
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 5th Jul 18, 12:54 PM
    • 4,203 Posts
    • 56,882 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    A little personal rant.

I am in the process of being diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, a part of the Autistic "Spectrum". About 1% of the population are on the spectrum, Asperger's is obviously far rarer, some estimates are from 0.1% or fewer. Aspeerger;s has now also been classified as HFA, High-Functioning Autism.

A major trait of Autism is the difficulty in social interaction and inability to read people. Also the most obvious signs to others are behavioural issues and melt downs caused by sensory overload.
    Yet Autism is just a small [art of other disabled minorities that have difficulties in communication and making themselves known.

Sorry, going a bit too in depth. My issue is that a very vocal and socially adept minority seems to be taking over all the minority coverage by the media and government.
    I have no issues with any minorities, we all need some sort of voice and assistance in teaching the general population about ourselves and our diversities and our ability to give something back to society.

I just think that the LGBT etc groups appear to have taken up 90% of attention, due to their ability to communicate and be loud.

As previously been mentioned I am on the "Spectrum" which is represented by the colour spectrum, which I think is appropriate, yet this image and others, along with certain words, like "Pride" have been snatched and taken for their own.
    It would be nice if attention was given to others less fortunate in the ability to make themselves known, and not attention given to those who would probably turn it into an issue if they were ignored.

Sorry for the rant, I just feel frustrated at times that there are so many out there who cannot speak out for themselves, I am one of the lucky ones who can, up to a point. But I do fall down a lot in the fact that people interpret what I say/type in a way I did not intend it to be.
    anyhoo,
    O3 Thornie Ice Cream still available.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk

Sorry you are frustrated I did try to PM you but my request to send was denied

I don't know enough about any of this to pass comment as such but agree those on the spectrum are not generally loud or heard

Take care
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 5th Jul 18, 1:33 PM
    • 20,417 Posts
    • 215,686 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I got one of the 3.75 slowcookers from Mr T today, no SEL in ours so quite a few there
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 5th Jul 18, 1:36 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 32,050 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    A little personal rant.

I am in the process of being diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, a part of the Autistic "Spectrum". About 1% of the population are on the spectrum, Asperger's is obviously far rarer, some estimates are from 0.1% or fewer. Aspeerger;s has now also been classified as HFA, High-Functioning Autism.

A major trait of Autism is the difficulty in social interaction and inability to read people. Also the most obvious signs to others are behavioural issues and melt downs caused by sensory overload.
    Yet Autism is just a small [art of other disabled minorities that have difficulties in communication and making themselves known.

Sorry, going a bit too in depth. My issue is that a very vocal and socially adept minority seems to be taking over all the minority coverage by the media and government.
    I have no issues with any minorities, we all need some sort of voice and assistance in teaching the general population about ourselves and our diversities and our ability to give something back to society.

I just think that the LGBT etc groups appear to have taken up 90% of attention, due to their ability to communicate and be loud.

As previously been mentioned I am on the "Spectrum" which is represented by the colour spectrum, which I think is appropriate, yet this image and others, along with certain words, like "Pride" have been snatched and taken for their own.
    It would be nice if attention was given to others less fortunate in the ability to make themselves known, and not attention given to those who would probably turn it into an issue if they were ignored.

Sorry for the rant, I just feel frustrated at times that there are so many out there who cannot speak out for themselves, I am one of the lucky ones who can, up to a point. But I do fall down a lot in the fact that people interpret what I say/type in a way I did not intend it to be.
    anyhoo,
    O3 Thornie Ice Cream still available.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Ah, bless you BH - my ds has Asperger's so I quite understand your frustration x
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 5th Jul 18, 1:46 PM
    • 28,420 Posts
    • 388,195 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Did anyone else order any beers in the Sparks preview, check the BB dates. One of our boxes was OOD.

What was going to be cheap beer might now be free beer. Couldn't be replaced as now OOS so hopefully going to get refund, had to send pics as proof...

Can't fault the customer service , Mr TS was happy to keep it anyway as he really wanted to try this particular one.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 5th Jul 18, 1:47 PM
    • 28,420 Posts
    • 388,195 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Yay it's finally raining.

Proper rain too.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 5th Jul 18, 1:49 PM
    • 28,420 Posts
    • 388,195 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Have this urge to go and stand out in it as it's been that long.

All the water butts were empty including the huge ibcs Mr TS has well I think that is what they are called.

Glad I didn't put a wash on in the end today, don't think it was forecast.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 5th Jul 18, 1:53 PM
    • 28,420 Posts
    • 388,195 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Oh that was it. Blue sky on the horizon again.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 5th Jul 18, 2:00 PM
    • 28,420 Posts
    • 388,195 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Priority moments, family ticket in August for Country file at Blenheim Palace, quick as low stock.

• Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 5th Jul 18, 2:11 PM
    • 6,924 Posts
    • 92,280 Thanks
    Sarahdol75

Proper rain too.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    We got wall to wall sunshine, its 28c here. sooo hot again.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • Clipstrip Bargains
    • By Clipstrip Bargains 5th Jul 18, 2:12 PM
    • 1,417 Posts
    • 30,745 Thanks
    Clipstrip Bargains
    Thanks Tinyshoes - managed a family ticket
    I say "THANKS" to posts that make me smile - Oh and really good glitches.
    Good things come to those who wait Bad things come on express delivery
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 5th Jul 18, 2:14 PM
    • 28,420 Posts
    • 388,195 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Thanks Tinyshoes - managed a family ticket
    Originally posted by Clipstrip Bargains
    Fantastic

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 5th Jul 18, 2:22 PM
    • 28,420 Posts
    • 388,195 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    We got wall to wall sunshine, its 28c here. sooo hot again.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    All this heat and DD1 is in a predicament, was meant to be having her bathroom redone, and after the fitters took everything out the plasterer has said it's too hot to plaster.

So now DD is stuck without a bath or shower and has to chuck bucket water down the loo. She is not happy.

Plasterer had to go back to re do another job as it had cracked and he wanted them to sign a waiver if he did theirs, which the fitters didn't think was a good idea. So now they are stuck without work too and all their other jobs will have to be put back too. I guess they dare not start any others and leave them in same situation.

Plasterer is going to come and assess the job as he hasn't actually looked yet and said maybe evenings next week will be an option with cooler nights. It is only a tiny bathroom so fingers crossed.

• pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 5th Jul 18, 2:49 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 32,050 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    [QUOTE=curl girl;74490499]
    Good morning everyone.

1000 Nectar points on Virgin West coast and also LNER East coast now appears on my account, expires in 6 days. My child is refusing to go on the East Coast line as it never seems to track and her guardian gets so cross when she has to contact Nectar about the missing points.

Thanks but I'm not falling for anymore of these.
    Didn't get mine from 22nd may, was that 500 or 1000 points, can't remember.
    Originally posted by Venezia
    I've done the West Coast one as I've never had any problems with that, may not bother with the other one if it may need chasing
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • gocat
    • By gocat 5th Jul 18, 3:03 PM
    • 5,379 Posts
    • 61,778 Thanks
    gocat

Proper rain too.
    Oooh hope we get some. It is forecasted here. Can see dark clouds in the distance towards the north (probably Chelmsford, that way )
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 5th Jul 18, 3:29 PM
    • 28,420 Posts
    • 388,195 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Oooh hope we get some. It is forecasted here. Can see dark clouds in the distance towards the north (probably Chelmsford, that way )
    Originally posted by gocat
    It was very short lived gocat, although I see met office has issued warnings for thunderstorms. Looks like we might miss out...

It was a lovely smell though the little bit we had, something different about summer rain.

• tbw
    • By tbw 5th Jul 18, 3:51 PM
    • 4,866 Posts
    • 56,367 Thanks
    tbw
    All this heat and DD1 is in a predicament, was meant to be having her bathroom redone, and after the fitters took everything out the plasterer has said it's too hot to plaster.

So now DD is stuck without a bath or shower and has to chuck bucket water down the loo. She is not happy.

Plasterer had to go back to re do another job as it had cracked and he wanted them to sign a waiver if he did theirs, which the fitters didn't think was a good idea. So now they are stuck without work too and all their other jobs will have to be put back too. I guess they dare not start any others and leave them in same situation.

Plasterer is going to come and assess the job as he hasn't actually looked yet and said maybe evenings next week will be an option with cooler nights. It is only a tiny bathroom so fingers crossed.
    I was bathroomless for a week recently after the B&Q fitters stripped everything out and then discovred that B&Q had delivered tiny slimline units instead of full size ones ! A complete spheres up as it took B&Q nearly a week to locate any of the right units. I know ust how she feels !
    Last edited by tbw; 05-07-2018 at 4:26 PM.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 5th Jul 18, 4:05 PM
    • 28,420 Posts
    • 388,195 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I was baghroomless for a week recently after the B&Q fitters stripped everything out and then discovred that B&Q had delivered tiny slimline units instead of full size ones ! A complete spheres up as it took B&Q nearly a week to locate any of the right units. I know ust how she feels !
    Originally posted by tbw
    Hope you are sorted now.

All the years our bathroom was out of action at least we had the separate shower in the corner to use still and a downstairs toilet.

It doesn't help matters that DD is expecting either so toilet visits needed more frequently.

• Saversue
    • By Saversue 5th Jul 18, 5:08 PM
    • 1,759 Posts
    • 24,154 Thanks
    Saversue

I sympathise with DD. I am in the middle of having a new roofline fitted and besides the stress of will it be OK the heat isn't helping the three fitters. It's a full time job keeping them supplied with drinks.
    Have just re-seeded the grass, some parts didn't take due the the heat, iI think, doesn't matter how much i water. So i put more seed and compost down on Monday on the bald patches. Took me hours. Didn't think that the fitters would need to put loads of materials down on the grass : just thought it would all fit on the patio - so no chance of the new seed growing

Aunt (91) had fall and is in hospital - 80 mile trip to visit. He mobile wasn't working so had to get her a new one and put 10.00 GiffGaff credit on for a month so she can call people as much as she wants. Only problem is after showing her several times and writing down very simple instructions, she can work out how to make a call but at least she can answer it.

Mum's freezer on the blink this week so had to get her a new one and transfer everything when it had chilled at midnight last night.

My house alarm kept going off, even when not on, so have had to have alarm man out and a new alarm box fitted.

Will be glad when this weeks over!!!
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 5th Jul 18, 5:20 PM
    • 6,924 Posts
    • 92,280 Thanks
    Sarahdol75

Oh no,hopefully they can do it on evenings for her.

Saversue, its Thursday, week nearly over, next week will be better.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

38Posts Today

3,428Users online

Martin's Twitter