Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,775Posts
    • 37,500Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2010
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 5th Jul 18, 8:31 AM
    • 561 Posts
    • 4,822 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Morning all!

Savvy, I'm glad that Nettiebobs stopped you from waiting in suspense to hear the results from my shop!

Due to poor planning I didn't get to A's at all last night :-(. I ran the long way home from work which was 20 miles, and by the time I'd got home, lay down on the floor for a bit, eaten dinner and had a shower (in that order!) it was around 9.20pm. I was just heading out the door to go to A's when my husband said "did you know that A's shuts at 10pm?" I'd thought it was 24 hours for some reason. It's a 20 minute drive away, and our car is a 5 minute walk away, so I just didn't have enough time to get there and do my shop. Especially as working out the glitch shops always takes a lot of thinking time for me . I'd written a list and everything! On reflection it's probably not such a bad thing as we still have Schwartz seasoning jars with a BBE 2013 so I probably don't need any more, I should just finish those up. I would have liked to have got the Arla milk though that was on COS.

Thanks for the heads up on the cake mix. Although I've still got 2 packets of that Stork cake mix in the fridge that were free with COS (I think) a while ago, so again, I should probably use those first.

No free porridge on COS for me today.

I sent my husband to Tesco yesterday for the Skittles as his office is only a 5 minute walk away from a big one. But he told me he didn't buy them because they were showing as 1.24. I've double checked the website and they should be on 1 as of yesterday, so I'm sending him back to try harder today .

This turned into a bit of an essay.....

Anyway, good morning!
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 5th Jul 18, 8:36 AM
    • 561 Posts
    • 4,822 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Does anyone do a lot of walking on here? Does the heat affect your feet.

Mine are so sore. Heels especially. Sure I've got some old Ugg boots I could wear today. Or I could just keep my slippers on

Anyone got free Moma porridge on COS.
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

Thankfully my feet don't suffer in the heat. Although I do just wear sandals when it's warm. Last year I was too ashamed of my feet to wear sandals to work due to the un-ladylike condition of my toe nails from all the running. However this summer I've been braver and got my feet out. I figure that unless you look really closely my black toe nails aren't too obvious .
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 5th Jul 18, 8:37 AM
    • 4,379 Posts
    • 93,921 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Ah yes

I have blisters on the soles on my feet. Even my comfiest shoes don't cut it
    I'm guessing, you are new to walking? or doing significantly more than you normally would? In which case you just need to ride it out and harden your feet up, a bit like the sewing finger....

Can everyone tap and watch the vid? Just curious, because it still bugs me when you tap on links on here it opens up in the same tab whereas previously a link always use to open in a new tab, now I have to tell it to do that
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• Venezia
    • By Venezia 5th Jul 18, 8:49 AM
    • 747 Posts
    • 5,512 Thanks
    Venezia
    Good morning everyone.

1000 Nectar points on Virgin West coast and also LNER East coast now appears on my account, expires in 6 days. My child is refusing to go on the East Coast line as it never seems to track and her guardian gets so cross when she has to contact Nectar about the missing points.

I wonder if they will run the Pizza Express/Vue cinema offer this year. I can't remember when it usually starts.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 5th Jul 18, 8:56 AM
    • 3,481 Posts
    • 35,834 Thanks
    curl girl
    Of course I'm dying to ask now what a double bagger is
    If you dated what you friends classed as an ugly bloke, you could only be seen out with him if he had 2 bags on his head, to make sure if one fell off he would still have his face covered up with the other bag! ie they thought he was that ugly!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 5th Jul 18, 8:58 AM
    • 20,392 Posts
    • 215,451 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I'm guessing, you are new to walking? or doing significantly more than you normally would? In which case you just need to ride it out and harden your feet up, a bit like the sewing finger....

Can everyone tap and watch the vid? Just curious, because it still bugs me when you tap on links on here it opens up in the same tab whereas previously a link always use to open in a new tab, now I have to tell it to do that
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Yep, tapped and it played in the same box. How do you do that please?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 5th Jul 18, 9:00 AM
    • 3,481 Posts
    • 35,834 Thanks
    curl girl
    [QUOTE=Venezia;74490442]Good morning everyone.

1000 Nectar points on Virgin West coast and also LNER East coast now appears on my account, expires in 6 days. My child is refusing to go on the East Coast line as it never seems to track and her guardian gets so cross when she has to contact Nectar about the missing points.

Thanks but I'm not falling for anymore of these.
    Didn't get mine from 22nd may, was that 500 or 1000 points, can't remember.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 5th Jul 18, 9:15 AM
    • 4,194 Posts
    • 56,783 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

mrs LDS don't know if you got a reply but the spices were to my knowledge only yesterday HTH

Hope everyone has a nice day I have shopping to pick up at Debenhams then a quick visit to GC I got into trouble for buying more pants for the 4 year old 5 pairs in A's for 1.50 I will take them back (Huffyface)
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 5th Jul 18, 9:22 AM
    • 4,379 Posts
    • 93,921 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Yep, tapped and it played in the same box. How do you do that please?
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    [youtube]This number/ letter combo highlighted in the images below[/youtube ]

No space here though.

Grab this section of the url

or go to the share button.

Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 5th Jul 18, 9:35 AM
    • 2,601 Posts
    • 30,916 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Unsure what the Rainbow connection is with TCB this week......

A little personal rant.

I am in the process of being diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, a part of the Autistic "Spectrum". About 1% of the population are on the spectrum, Asperger's is obviously far rarer, some estimates are from 0.1% or fewer. Aspeerger;s has now also been classified as HFA, High-Functioning Autism.

A major trait of Autism is the difficulty in social interaction and inability to read people. Also the most obvious signs to others are behavioural issues and melt downs caused by sensory overload.
    Yet Autism is just a small [art of other disabled minorities that have difficulties in communication and making themselves known.

Sorry, going a bit too in depth. My issue is that a very vocal and socially adept minority seems to be taking over all the minority coverage by the media and government.
    I have no issues with any minorities, we all need some sort of voice and assistance in teaching the general population about ourselves and our diversities and our ability to give something back to society.

I just think that the LGBT etc groups appear to have taken up 90% of attention, due to their ability to communicate and be loud.

As previously been mentioned I am on the "Spectrum" which is represented by the colour spectrum, which I think is appropriate, yet this image and others, along with certain words, like "Pride" have been snatched and taken for their own.
    It would be nice if attention was given to others less fortunate in the ability to make themselves known, and not attention given to those who would probably turn it into an issue if they were ignored.

Sorry for the rant, I just feel frustrated at times that there are so many out there who cannot speak out for themselves, I am one of the lucky ones who can, up to a point. But I do fall down a lot in the fact that people interpret what I say/type in a way I did not intend it to be.
    anyhoo,
    O3 Thornie Ice Cream still available.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 5th Jul 18, 9:37 AM
    • 6,923 Posts
    • 92,256 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Another scorcher said 25c on my car at 8am this morning.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 5th Jul 18, 10:20 AM
    • 10,425 Posts
    • 118,569 Thanks
    emerald21
    Thankfully my feet don't suffer in the heat. Although I do just wear sandals when it's warm. Last year I was too ashamed of my feet to wear sandals to work due to the un-ladylike condition of my toe nails from all the running. However this summer I've been braver and got my feet out. I figure that unless you look really closely my black toe nails aren't too obvious .
    Originally posted by Freewheeling

they might think you ve got black nail polish on lol

Good Morning all off to Chester again for a walk around the walls. Takes me half an hour with quite brisk walking, beats the gym
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 5th Jul 18, 10:23 AM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    You did a 20 mile run and then eat your dinner before having a shower
    You must have reeked

Morning all!

Savvy, I'm glad that Nettiebobs stopped you from waiting in suspense to hear the results from my shop!

Due to poor planning I didn't get to A's at all last night :-(. I ran the long way home from work which was 20 miles, and by the time I'd got home, lay down on the floor for a bit, eaten dinner and had a shower (in that order!) it was around 9.20pm.

Anyway, good morning!
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 5th Jul 18, 10:27 AM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    In the Mr T I was in yesterday the skittles were on a separate stand, all white, at the end of the aisle and 1 a bag.
    So your OH must have been looking in the wrong place.

Morning all!

No free porridge on COS for me today.

I sent my husband to Tesco yesterday for the Skittles as his office is only a 5 minute walk away from a big one. But he told me he didn't buy them because they were showing as 1.24. I've double checked the website and they should be on 1 as of yesterday, so I'm sending him back to try harder today .

This turned into a bit of an essay.....

Anyway, good morning!
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 5th Jul 18, 10:27 AM
    • 10,425 Posts
    • 118,569 Thanks
    emerald21
    So it is bh.When I looked earlier it said oos but now it's back so thank you. Hopefully I can get a rum and raisin one like I did on my walk onTuesday. It lasted me halfway
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 5th Jul 18, 10:29 AM
    • 10,425 Posts
    • 118,569 Thanks
    emerald21
    You did a 20 mile run and then eat your dinner before having a shower
    You must have reeked
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I bet she was starving
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 5th Jul 18, 10:46 AM
    • 561 Posts
    • 4,822 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    I bet she was starving
    Originally posted by emerald21

I was! I probably did smell, but my husband is used to these kinds of shenanigans.
    • mike347928
    • By mike347928 5th Jul 18, 10:59 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 441 Thanks
    mike347928
    Alternatively, one over yours and one over your partners head or the misuse of two condoms at once, or a mixture of the two scenarios.

If you dated what you friends classed as an ugly bloke, you could only be seen out with him if he had 2 bags on his head, to make sure if one fell off he would still have his face covered up with the other bag! ie they thought he was that ugly!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    • gocat
    • By gocat 5th Jul 18, 11:28 AM
    • 5,374 Posts
    • 61,727 Thanks
    gocat
    Thanks.
    I used a liquid spray outside, pressed on windowsill and loads ran out! They were inside as well, just squashed those.
    Had them in the bedroom above as well, never had that problem before. Used Raid upstairs but the smell is still

Morning peeps.
    Scorchio.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    I just sprinkled a small amount of cinnamon (from a previous schwartz glitch ) and that seemed to get rid of the ants. Was on a window ledge so dogs etc cant get to it.
    hth

or try some of these
    https://www.care2.com/causes/10-ways-to-keep-those-pesky-ants-out-of-your-kitchen.html
    Last edited by gocat; 05-07-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 5th Jul 18, 12:40 PM
    • 4,194 Posts
    • 56,783 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Glorious weather

I have not seen this posted but it is on Martin's news/mail ?

Meerkat movies will from 16 July be offering meal deals Meerkat meals Apparently if you are already registered you will qualify

It seems very similar to tastecard

HTH
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,011Posts Today

7,503Users online

Martin's Twitter