Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,545Posts
    • 36,911Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2007
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Jul 18, 4:35 PM
    • 20,329 Posts
    • 265,266 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Yes I think so.

Did anyone buy the Shreddies Max from A's to see if it compares with M? I might go tonight so I'd be curious to know.

Also, I notice that on Shoppmium that are 3 different meat free products for free in Sains. My freezer is already pretty full so this could be tricky.
    Originally posted by Freewheeling
    I understood that Heron Foods had the Cranberry & Oat version available for 1. So I am to remove them or cross them out and put a note about Heron Foods onto the M list. As for the APG collectors in M (M 1.50), I'd have thought they should still have them as they've got more stores than I usually have these days. They have gone from one of my stores and been moved to the RTC shelf from which (I think) the collectors don't collect prices in one of my other places but still remaining on regular shelves elsewhere. They are not disappearing fast but neither are they staying around indefinitely like other items do - so it's not a case where they've probably dropped off immediately but one where they might still be on the APG for M (particularly on Monday rather than today) and I'd give them a two-thirds chance of working. I am probably being very pessimistic there.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 704-707 inclusive; "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 4th Jul 18, 4:39 PM
    • 155 Posts
    • 1,289 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    I understood that Heron Foods had the Cranberry & Oat version available for 1. So I am to remove them or cross them out and put a note about Heron Foods onto the M list. As for the APG collectors in M (M 1.50), I'd have thought they should still have them as they've got more stores than I usually have these days. They have gone from one of my stores and been moved to the RTC shelf from which (I think) the collectors don't collect prices in one of my other places but still remaining on regular shelves elsewhere. They are not disappearing fast but neither are they staying around indefinitely like other items do - so it's not a case where they've probably dropped off immediately but one where they might still be on the APG for M (particularly on Monday rather than today) and I'd give them a two-thirds chance of working. I am probably being very pessimistic there.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer

Thank you Savvy, I'll take a look tonight in my local A and see if they even stock them there. Sadly Heron Foods don't have any stores anywhere near me.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 4th Jul 18, 5:05 PM
    • 3,331 Posts
    • 34,909 Thanks
    pippo
    Lol, that wasn't me!
    Pip
    • pippo
    • By pippo 4th Jul 18, 5:08 PM
    • 3,331 Posts
    • 34,909 Thanks
    pippo

Got the 3.75 slow cooker from Ts - thanks to HudK

Along with 70 wash Persil for 5 & my lots of necessary shopping on the bus

Shopping bags in one hand, slow cooker under arm & huge Persil in other hand
    I had to get to house in relay of 2 items every 10 metres
    Originally posted by Snap-ant

But it was worth it!!

Is it worth a few more bus trips for a few more?
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 4th Jul 18, 5:26 PM
    • 17,484 Posts
    • 211,554 Thanks
    mhoc
    Skittles on Snap and Save, looks like you're getting them for free but not sure about stock.
    Originally posted by inna
    On TCB grouceries list - 1 from Mr T in a white bag. They also have very long expiry dates.

ANd whilst in Mr T dont forget to get the 3 baby things for shopimum - stage 1 and stage 2 baby pouches and little dish rice cakes - good for adding to food bank collection trolleys
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Jul 18, 5:30 PM
    • 20,329 Posts
    • 265,266 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Thank you for the glitch items today. Although there is a Nescafe Gusto Pod on the M list, I haven't seen it for ages and I think it stands no realistic chance of working. I have a couple of Fuel 10K products that have gone onto RTC in M; however they are the Protiflakes Multigrain 500g and Wheat 480g (or, as my store has it, 24x20g) - I think they're the two that are showing OOS on msm (that surefire indicator that they have gone onto clearance instore and available a bit cheaper) - and not the Granolas. The Granolas are, unfortunately, on rollback in A at the moment so are only 'worth' 2 claim there - as the refund offer is on until the end of the month, it would seem better to wait and hope they go back up to 2.98 and keep at 2 in Sains. They might be technically minus 20p at the moment, although you'd need to buy more than 20p of other items so would lose out but, even if they became 3 vs 3 elsewhere, that would be more 10% so would I hope be the possibility of making them cheaper.

I'm of no use at all as my Dolce Pod "won't work" and I only have other Fuel 10K products on RTC in M. However, perhaps I am of use by having you buying nothing as opposed to those people that post glitches and get us buying Schwartz products that are still costing us money even after the glitch. Still costing us money. Albeit less than what they would cost were there not a glitch.

It's back to the good old days in M today. Instead of having lots of change happening on the Wednesday, and thus visiting on Monday only for offers to have changed two days later, as has often been the case lately, it seemed the offers expired on Sunday, so most of the changes this week were on Monday and Wednesday just adds a few further changes. I finished a little earlier than usual. It therefore seems almost all of the expiry 1st July items on the list have expired but the expiry 3rd July items are still on. There's only four items (sets of items really) with 3/7 on the list (I'm counting the Liberte yoghurts as one and the two different flavours of Palmolive 750ml as one Palmolive 750ml), unless anyone can see any more than that, beyond what my fine-tooth comb and razor sharp eyes can see. It seems that all of them have rolled over or, rather, have gone from their price at offer to that price becoming their 'regular price' in M - which is what I class them as when their expiry date (for an offer) disappears from m.com but they just continue at the offer (or now former offer?) price. It could be that I have stores that are slow changing the SELs (that's if I even have any trace in my stores - but's that another story: visited my final store for another look at the Liberte yoghurts and only picked a store that didn't have them - I was therefore left with a potentially dodgy unchanged set of 1s from one store as my earlier store has had full price on them for many weeks already so was unreliable) - however the supposed-to-be-expiring items, including Liberte yoghurts, have all moved to keeping at the same price and the offer expiry date vanishing on m.com, so it does seem that they are unchanged and I will just be moving them from their expiry date for them to disappear into the rest of the list without one.

There are some items that have expired in M today - it seems some items that have gone onto offer on Monday, before I can get them onto the list, are immediately back up in price! I had the Cooked Beetroot 300g showing 50p (crossed out 87p) on Monday but it's been changed back to 87p by today. It's now scanning for me at 87p, so maybe my store put up an erroneous SEL and then corrected it or else it was 50p but is now 87p. I have changes therefore not to the 3/7 expiry items on the list but instead to this item from Monday that is not even on the list (or will be shortlived now if it ever gets there - put on in bold and immediately crossed out as expiring). Just because the item is from Monday and isn't (or isn't yet) on the list, these items are still being checked again.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't bother with A's Cooked Beetroot 300g btw - even if we do eventually get to Monday. It didn't work when it was on an offer period in M the time before - too many of my stores back then were full price SEL. So, I have you buying nothing.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 04-07-2018 at 5:43 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 704-707 inclusive; "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 4th Jul 18, 5:37 PM
    • 17,484 Posts
    • 211,554 Thanks
    mhoc
    Also on shopimum are three free Garden Gourmet vegetarian products from the frozen cabinet in Sainsburys - in mine they were all rammed together as if there was no actual space for them.
    It says ongoing but if you look at the actual page there is an end date - so sooner rather than later.
    Ive also got the free hot pepper sauce back - only stocked in the massive stores and it says my stockists is near Manchester!

Also on COS half price Blue Diamond almonds, 3 varieties - 1.50 with 75p cashback - again Sainsburys - very moreish.
    Ive also got Blue Diamond almond breeze milk 1.50 with 75p cashback, again Sainsburys - a very good discount. Last week 2 of our COSs had free cartons but not OH
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Jul 18, 5:47 PM
    • 20,329 Posts
    • 265,266 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Thank you Savvy, I'll take a look tonight in my local A and see if they even stock them there. Sadly Heron Foods don't have any stores anywhere near me.
    This is almost as nerve-wracking as watching the live England penalties. (Of course I can now watch it, without nerves, now knowing the result but it would rather have defeated the point if I hadn't seen it live in the first place.) I can't give any guarantee the Shreddies Max will work.

Don't know - if I say it's likely to work, it'll probably fail. And if I say it's likely to fail, it'll work. I'm no use at all.

The Special K Original 300g cereal box, that was 1 RTC at one stage but seemed to have become regular 1 more recently, and then returned to more stores when it worked for me - now seems to have gone. Of course I 'know' that someone will still have it (someone always will!) but I'm not seeing it now - I think it's past its best on the APG and probably likely to return N/A for M now. It's still on 1 rollback in A, so same price as M (for a very small box) may be even if they don't have it (I hope it's not appeared for them somewhere at full price - last I have indicated no change).
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 04-07-2018 at 5:58 PM.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 4th Jul 18, 6:05 PM
    • 5,162 Posts
    • 60,024 Thanks
    gocat
    Evening all

Does anyone know where I can get some non Iodised Salt please and ta
    • nettiebobs
    • By nettiebobs 4th Jul 18, 6:33 PM
    • 248 Posts
    • 2,538 Thanks
    nettiebobs
    Yes I think so.

Did anyone buy the Shreddies Max from A's to see if it compares with M? I might go tonight so I'd be curious to know.

Also, I notice that on Shoppmium that are 3 different meat free products for free in Sains. My freezer is already pretty full so this could be tricky.
    No, they don't compare. Got some last night and m's is n/a. That was the cranberry one. In fact it only compares to sainsbobs who are 2.50.
    • cjj
    • By cjj 4th Jul 18, 6:49 PM
    • 6,396 Posts
    • 85,138 Thanks
    cjj
    Hi

Anyone who has opened Royal Bank of Scotland current account for the cashback do they email you and ask you to upload your ID please ? Always worry about clicking links in emails but probably fine. Tia xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 4th Jul 18, 7:13 PM
    • 2,885 Posts
    • 38,308 Thanks
    pacifica9

Woohoo! COME ON ENGLAND

Only problem is, they are playing my Elite Sweepstake team on Saturday
    Originally posted by Danigrace
    This is no time to be selfish Dani
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Couldn't agree more TM. Now, remind me who has England in the sweep?

Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is cool, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    No football tonight. I don't know quite what to do now!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 4th Jul 18, 7:20 PM
    • 19,677 Posts
    • 210,885 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Couldn't agree more TM. Now, remind me who has England in the sweep?

Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is cool, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    No football tonight. I don't know quite what to do now!
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    And you were complaining
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 4th Jul 18, 7:26 PM
    • 2,885 Posts
    • 38,308 Thanks
    pacifica9
    And you were complaining
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I know! I have to say I was basing my complaints on previous teams. Who knew we actually had one that could keep possession of the ball!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 4th Jul 18, 7:35 PM
    • 2,989 Posts
    • 31,999 Thanks
    curl girl
    ms (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparisonAsdaTesco1x ASDA Smart Price Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce (410g)0.230.221x ASDA Gravy Granules (200g)0.200.201x ASDA Smart Price Peeled Plum Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g)0.290.310.48x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg)0.360.362x Schwartz Perfect Shake Piri Piri Herb & Spice Blend (39g)3.302.003x Schwartz Perfect Shake Extra Spicy Cajun Seasoning (42g)4.953.002x ASDA Smart Price Mushy Peas (300g)0.400.401x ASDA Smart Price Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g)0.290.302x Schwartz Perfect Shake Chips Seasoning (55g)3.302.003x Schwartz Fajita Seasoning (46g)4.953.00Comparison total (compared products only)18.2711.79+6.48cheaper

Thanks zippy for the spice info, and bubbs for testing.
    I use lots of sachets normally, just got 10 assorted as there wasn'td much stock instore.
    The peri peri compared as well.

Evening peeps.
    Last edited by curl girl; 04-07-2018 at 7:37 PM.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 4th Jul 18, 7:40 PM
    • 14,848 Posts
    • 237,499 Thanks
    zippydooda
    has it been said about cos account details have been compromised

told me to change details on anywhere else i have similar details

Even though they say that they have already found and fixed the cause of the breach, we have suspended our use of them pending a full review.
    Your data from a New User survey that you will have completed soon after joining CheckoutSmart was included in this breach. We had already deleted this data from Typeform, but unfortunately the backup file involved was taken before this was done.
    The personal data included in this breach was:
    !!!8226; Email address
    !!!8226; Your age band
    !!!8226; Your income band
    !!!8226; Your sex
    No data that is held in our own systems including your password and payment details was involved in this breach in any way.
    What should you do?
    You should review the passwords that go with the same email address, to ensure they are unique and difficult to guess. As always you should conscious of the possibility of any email being spam or phishing.
    We would like to apologise for this data breach by our supplier and we hope that you continue to use our service going forward.
    Last edited by zippydooda; 04-07-2018 at 7:47 PM.
    • nettiebobs
    • By nettiebobs 4th Jul 18, 8:18 PM
    • 248 Posts
    • 2,538 Thanks
    nettiebobs
    has it been said about cos account details have been compromised

told me to change details on anywhere else i have similar details

Even though they say that they have already found and fixed the cause of the breach, we have suspended our use of them pending a full review.
    Your data from a New User survey that you will have completed soon after joining CheckoutSmart was included in this breach. We had already deleted this data from Typeform, but unfortunately the backup file involved was taken before this was done.
    The personal data included in this breach was:
    !!!8226; Email address
    !!!8226; Your age band
    !!!8226; Your income band
    !!!8226; Your sex
    No data that is held in our own systems including your password and payment details was involved in this breach in any way.
    What should you do?
    You should review the passwords that go with the same email address, to ensure they are unique and difficult to guess. As always you should conscious of the possibility of any email being spam or phishing.
    We would like to apologise for this data breach by our supplier and we hope that you continue to use our service going forward.
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Curl girl, could this be the problem?
    • tweets
    • By tweets 4th Jul 18, 8:18 PM
    • 29,672 Posts
    • 427,626 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Evening

Well what can I say move was easier than I thought.

Was home for 5 ish so took just under 3 hours from getting home from work

Mum had two vases flowers in her room from home.

I left her after putting all her stuff away and a coffee.

They came in to assess her so I left

On form I got with stuff to read it says assessed care level standard medium or high and mum is high
    Lost 3st-12.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Jul 18, 8:19 PM
    • 52,401 Posts
    • 624,670 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Thanks zippy will look at cos
    My 2nd shop
    4x Schwartz Perfect Shake Cajun Seasoning (44g) 6.60 4.00
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (each) 0.50 0.50
    1x Sally Hansen Strengthening Nail Polish Remover (200ml) 1.95 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Iceberg Lettuce (each) 0.50 0.50
    1x Schwartz Perfect Shake Garlic Italian Seasoning (43g) 1.65 1.00
    1x Schwartz Perfect Shake Steak Seasoning (46g) 1.65 1.00
    2x Schwartz Perfect Shake Classic BBQ Seasoning (44g) 3.30 2.00
    1x Schwartz Chargrilled Chicken Herb & Spice Blend (51g) 1.65 1.00
    2x Schwartz Perfect Shake Chips Seasoning (55g) 3.30 2.00
    5x Schwartz Fajita Seasoning (46g) 8.25 5.00
    1x Schwartz Perfect Shake Thai 7 Spice Seasoning (52g) 1.65 1.00
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Strawberries (300g) 1.29 N/A
    1x Schwartz No Salt Season All (37g) 1.65 1.00
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 2 1/2lb
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 4th Jul 18, 8:21 PM
    • 2,989 Posts
    • 31,999 Thanks
    curl girl
    Curl girl, could this be the problem?
    Originally posted by nettiebobs
    Could be, or do cs operate differently to cos?
    I haven't had a message like zippys have you?
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

164Posts Today

1,689Users online

Martin's Twitter