Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,537Posts
    • 36,890Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1752
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 17th May 18, 3:15 PM
    • 2,303 Posts
    • 28,353 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Coming attractions on Wontwo shows Costalot. Maybe a freebie tomorrow.? Wishful thinking by me
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 17th May 18, 3:16 PM
    • 27,867 Posts
    • 383,766 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    None of these prices in my SD today, the Olay was marked at 15, the hair gel at 1.75. The Sure williams was marked full price too

There was a cheap Nivea deo, but none left.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Did you get them checked at the till fuzzgun as SD are notorious for not changing the SELs, or even leaving them blank.

The Sure Williams has been 22p in all 3 stores I have visited in the past week and still marked 2.19 in one of them.

Things can differ between stores as some are slower at reducing than others, although I was told last week it's the same price in all stores but I know it isn't through experience.

If the Olay is scanning 15 in yours which is half price sounds like it is on it's way down keep checking. Last week the style freedom stuff was only 55p in B'mth still 1 odd in P00le but this week it had gone down to 55p. Once you know what is reduced in one store the chances are it will eventually be that price in another I often find DD's store in surrey is behind mine down here. HTHs
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 17th May 18, 3:18 PM
    • 27,867 Posts
    • 383,766 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    They don't always change the prices fuzzy, it is worth getting them checked.

When I got the 50p Balmi it was still marked at 4.99, some teenage girls discussed getting it but went for one that was 'cheaper' lol.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Same here E, both stores I bought it from it still had a 4.99 SEL.

The staff in all the SD's I visit are lovely and don't mind scanning bits for me.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 17th May 18, 3:21 PM
    • 15,097 Posts
    • 257,956 Thanks
    Snap-ant

When I got the 50p Balmi it was still marked at 4.99, some teenage girls discussed getting it but went for one that was 'cheaper' lol.
    Ditto - The Williams is still marked at full price in my SD but the SAs are very obliging in price checking for me
    and they know I donate a lot of the goods bought, for charity raffle pamper hampers
    (I spotted one SA at our Marie Curie night on Tuesday & she winked at me as we stood admiring the pamper hamper and the pink Lindors were prizes too)
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 17th May 18, 3:22 PM
    • 7,197 Posts
    • 59,448 Thanks
    fuzzgun19

Did you get them checked at the till fuzzgun as SD are notorious for not changing the SELs, or even leaving them blank.

The Sure Williams has been 22p in all 3 stores I have visited in the past week and still marked 2.19 in one of them.

Things can differ between stores as some are slower at reducing than others, although I was told last week it's the same price in all stores but I know it isn't through experience.

If the Olay is scanning 15 in yours which is half price sounds like it is on it's way down keep checking. Last week the style freedom stuff was only 55p in B'mth still 1 odd in P00le but this week it had gone down to 55p. Once you know what is reduced in one store the chances are it will eventually be that price in another I often find DD's store in surrey is behind mine down here. HTHs
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Thanks both. I though about getting the Olay checked, but thought Id be raising my profile in the store, i dont know what theyd be like if it was 3 and I then went off to clear the shelf lol
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 17th May 18, 3:52 PM
    • 1,821 Posts
    • 24,519 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    Thanks both. I though about getting the Olay checked, but thought Id be raising my profile in the store, i dont know what theyd be like if it was 3 and I then went off to clear the shelf lol
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    as others have said ask them to check,all stores i use the staff are lovely.last week in one store an assistant was helping us who was fab,he liked a bargain to and was running off to the till to check prices for us,then had what we didnt want.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th May 18, 4:13 PM
    • 17,474 Posts
    • 211,491 Thanks
    mhoc
    A question please for the work based accountants

Errant sons P60 has come through so I printed it off for him for his file.
    He hasn't had a P45 as far as I know - this is the one in three parts, one for keeping and one for giving to the new employer - have I got this correct? Its only been a few weeks so I expect it all takes time ..

Whilst I was putting a copy in the file I came across the P45 for the previous employer. Will there also be a P60 from them - same tax year? Possibly this will come in the post.

We are living in dread of having a short tax form to complete at some point during the year. OH had one when he swapped jobs one August ...
    Last edited by mhoc; 17-05-2018 at 4:35 PM.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 17th May 18, 4:45 PM
    • 3,793 Posts
    • 37,105 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Hugs to you curly and tweets this morning

Can I ask what people use to line their kitchen cupboards?

I didn't bother much in the old kitchen apart from the pan drawers but I want to keep this one nice
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Hello everyone. RL overwhelming and I am trying to catch up now.

I got some free lino offcuts from the carpet shop and use them to line cupboards, especially for pans (less noisy when you put them away) or tins or anything potentially damp like under the sink. Under the sink I also put washing up liquid and other stuff in plastic boxes so that if they leak or drip, it goes into an easily-cleaned plastic box and I don't have to empty the whole space to clean it.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 17th May 18, 4:50 PM
    • 2,949 Posts
    • 31,729 Thanks
    curl girl
    Evening peeps.

Has anyone done izzeys quorn shop today please?
    I may be passing tonight but not sure if little stores stock them.
    Tia.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 17th May 18, 5:08 PM
    • 3,974 Posts
    • 54,769 Thanks
    mrsmac10

He hasn't had a P45 as far as I know - this is the one in three parts, one for keeping and one for giving to the new employer - have I got this correct? Its only been a few weeks so I expect it all takes time ..

Whilst I was putting a copy in the file I came across the P45 for the previous employer. Will there also be a P60 from them - same tax year? Possibly this will come in the post.

We are living in dread of having a short tax form to complete at some point during the year. OH had one when he swapped jobs one August ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    To my knowledge you only get a P60 when you are employed by the company on 5 April

So you keep the P45 from the previous employment and that!!!8217;s your record

HTH
    • sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 17th May 18, 5:39 PM
    • 1,087 Posts
    • 14,428 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    Evening all,

I am going to buy a lay-z-spa on homebase site tonight as offers are on. Can't see any further discount or TCB anywhere but thought I'd ask here if anyone knows how to get it any cheaper or if anyone has a spa and has any advice before I take the plunge....literally!

Thanks
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 17th May 18, 5:58 PM
    • 37,365 Posts
    • 157,361 Thanks
    silvercar
    ive noticed 1000 points on nectar for exploring uk on VIRGIN TRAINS
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    thanks for this, its new, wasn't there yesterday.

It says

3.Make a booking on either West Coast or East Coast services for travel up to and including 17 July 2018

As it takes a month for the points to be added does the Elite think its worth risking sending our feral virtual children on their usual adventure via East Coast but ASAP?
    Or would V west coast be a safer option.
    I am worried about VEC falling off the nectar list altogether ..

I've also got other offers for 500 points - too much to hope that I would get both.
    I would think its risky. If you needed to wait 28 days to chase, would they be able to verify?

You should get a P60 from everyone you have worked for in the year. P45 should be issued quickly nowadays.
    • vouchercrazy
    • By vouchercrazy 17th May 18, 6:35 PM
    • 911 Posts
    • 13,726 Thanks
    vouchercrazy

You get only one P60 and it is from the employer you are working for on the 5th April, P45 are used for when you leave an employer during a tax year the information on a P45 gets transferred to your current employer file where they have to put it under income from previous employment this is shown on your P60 as in previous employment and the wage you have earned with current employer is shown as in this employment
    P45 come in 3 parts Part 1A you keep Part 2 and 3 you give to your new employer one they keep and one they complete and send to HMRC but that is obsolete now as everything is done on line the P45 is issued on the last pay date so if your monthly it will be at the end of the month
    You need to check your P60 to make sure his previous employments have been added if not then you will have to contact HMRC or better still
    You can set him up on HMRC with his own user ID and this will tell you his employment history for the year you only need his NI number and personal details to set him up
    hth
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 17th May 18, 6:58 PM
    • 6,765 Posts
    • 91,095 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Hi Sarah

Gosh that has come around quickly

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5824671

Good luck and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the splendid fundraising you do We"ll all be thinking of you
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    Your welcome, anything to help try to raise awareness and funds for research.

Thankyou again, to everyone, who has donated, very much appreciated.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 17th May 18, 7:23 PM
    • 381 Posts
    • 10,845 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Evening peeps.

Has anyone done izzeys quorn shop today please?
    I may be passing tonight but not sure if little stores stock them.
    Tia.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Sort of

My store had very limited stocks so I had to get these 3 plus 1 other (paella) which didn't compare

2x Quorn Meat Free Peppered Steaks (196g) 5.00 3.33
    1x Quorn Meat Free Tikka Masala & Rice (400g) 2.50 1.67
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • vouchercrazy
    • By vouchercrazy 17th May 18, 7:26 PM
    • 911 Posts
    • 13,726 Thanks
    vouchercrazy

You should get a P60 from everyone you have worked for in the year. P45 should be issued quickly nowadays.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Years ago you used to get a P60 from every employer you work for within a tax year, I used to do hundreds it was a real pain handwriting them all, plus you could only issue one P60 per person per year, it use to cause so much trouble, its all changed now you can re-issue a P60 when ever you need to
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th May 18, 7:31 PM
    • 52,325 Posts
    • 624,156 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3lb
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th May 18, 8:06 PM
    • 35,104 Posts
    • 485,373 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Did anyone get a Gillette razor I posted about the other week. It came with a 4 off coupon

picture host

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th May 18, 8:15 PM
    • 35,104 Posts
    • 485,373 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I'm furious

Don't think I've been this angry ever
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th May 18, 8:30 PM
    • 52,325 Posts
    • 624,156 Thanks
    bubbs
    Did anyone get a Gillette razor I posted about the other week. It came with a 4 off coupon

picture host

No
    I'm furious

Don't think I've been this angry ever
    Whats up?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,541Posts Today

8,877Users online

Martin's Twitter