Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,537Posts
    • 36,890Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1738
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th May 18, 7:19 PM
    • 35,104 Posts
    • 485,368 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    In the post today

Est!e Lauder Foundation

Gillette razor with 4 off coupon for blades. It'll go in the Christmas stocking box

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th May 18, 7:21 PM
    • 35,104 Posts
    • 485,368 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I got my Kellogg's today for Shopmium.

Now down to 2 a box.

There must only be 4 bowlfuls in it

Just as well it was free.

I stood ages wondering which flavour to buy. I think my brain is on a go slow
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th May 18, 7:28 PM
    • 17,473 Posts
    • 211,486 Thanks
    mhoc
    Please check your app is working, another of mine has stopped working overnight.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    I got a new topped up sim from Amazone yesterday as you suggested and this eventually arrived this afternoon - at least it was paid for from my Amazone funds rather than real money (although Amazone funds are real money )

OH though he was going to be Ok as he has just got a new phone and he has been through all the business of moving the apps etc. This morning though OHs 000002 app also went south so I had to top his app up - went online and created an account.

Just have to remember to switch sims and make a call in the next 6 months - maybe one of the premium numbers not covered by my own threesim.

I suppose it had to come eventually - the need to have a topped up 0002 sim - sadly you have to pay for your pleasures in this life . But the top up costs will be soon recovered - our neroes hot chocolates are 3.10 each and the loyalty stamps are worth 30p towards the free ones.
    Also my fresh new app still had the free H&B free charcoal toothpaste so we got that after the Tuesday outing. Within a few weeks we will be back in profit.

I just have to be online now at the exact moment the free biscuits go live tomorrow
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th May 18, 7:31 PM
    • 17,473 Posts
    • 211,486 Thanks
    mhoc
    In the post today

Est!e Lauder Foundation

Gillette razor with 4 off coupon for blades. It'll go in the Christmas stocking box

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I also got the foundation - brilliant for the holiday make up bag.

Also I got the Taste Inc fridge filler free voucher I won from twitter a few days ago - valid until the end of December so I am going to wait until Errant son is home on leave.
    Its on the COS list but even so its better got when someone is home to eat them.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th May 18, 7:37 PM
    • 17,473 Posts
    • 211,486 Thanks
    mhoc
    An update on Ronnies trip to the vet this afternoon - a month on the meds for an over active thyroid. Our vet took another blood test - vile needle so its not wonder the poor cat struggled.
    Last time they shaved a huge patch of his black silky fur from his neck and its only just starting to grow again - looks awful but at least it meant he didn't have to be shaved this time.

Anyway the meds have worked wonders and his thyroid levels are now back in the average zone and his weight has increased.

So we came away with a huge bottle of meds, more than 3 times the last one and we don't have to take him back now for another 3 months - although I will try and co -inside it with the annual jabs visit
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th May 18, 7:44 PM
    • 35,104 Posts
    • 485,368 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    DM....you around?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th May 18, 7:45 PM
    • 35,104 Posts
    • 485,368 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

Have we drank all the asda stuff yet?

That question isn't only aimed at zippy
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • nettiebobs
    • By nettiebobs 15th May 18, 7:48 PM
    • 247 Posts
    • 2,531 Thanks
    nettiebobs
    I got my Kellogg's today for Shopmium.

Now down to 2 a box.

There must only be 4 bowlfuls in it

Just as well it was free.

I stood ages wondering which flavour to buy. I think my brain is on a go slow
    I was doing exactly the same thing this morning. I plumped for the cranberry sultana and spelt.
    • cjj
    • By cjj 15th May 18, 7:49 PM
    • 6,393 Posts
    • 85,115 Thanks
    cjj

That sister had a PET scan on Thursday. She has been called down for the results today
    Hoping it is good news
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Hugs to you snap xx

Tweets glad your seeing some action, you deserve some peace xx

Does anyone know anything about early stage arthritis please ? In the hip area. Is it worth taking cod liver oil or anything. Doctor said not . Is there anything anyone is doing to ease it ?. Tia xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th May 18, 7:51 PM
    • 17,473 Posts
    • 211,486 Thanks
    mhoc
    Also tomorrow is all change day again as OH is going back to work.

He had a very bad few months when things were gradually becoming very stressful at work and as a result he started to get flashbacks - which he didn't tell me about at first but when he did I said it sounded like PTSD.
    He went to the Drs and that's exactly what he said it was PTSD brought on by stress.

(Inevitably he has had more than his fair share of "incidents" at work over his career. In the olden days there was no counselling or guidance or protocols, you just went back to work again next day. It takes its toll)

Anyway he is back to work tomorrow so we will see how things go. I think he has found it an eye opener being at home with me - he has seem the chaos, bedlam and mayhem that ensues in the daytime and in the midst of this was Errant son getting prepared to go off for his phase 1 training
    By the time he usually strolls home from work home is an oasis of calm and tranquillity

And incidentally I've had a glimpse of what it will be like eventually when he retires - not that I will ever retire myself. Instead I will be running a guest house for the befuddled and bewildered
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th May 18, 7:53 PM
    • 17,473 Posts
    • 211,486 Thanks
    mhoc

no I still have villa marie left - OH seems to be taking the pledge again - he even sniffs when I have a Happy Down even though I top up with a glass of ice and sparkling water ...
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th May 18, 7:57 PM
    • 35,104 Posts
    • 485,368 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Should we have a sweep to guess the colour of Catherine's outfit at the wedding. No money etc just a bit of fun

I think we should allow descriptive shades eg baby pink or shocking pink as long as they have meaning
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 15th May 18, 7:58 PM
    • 16,186 Posts
    • 194,496 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy

Nope, still have 118 bottles of the 120 bought!

OH daren't drink any of it or I will throttle him!!!!

Also tomorrow is all change day again as OH is going back to work.

He had a very bad few months when things were gradually becoming very stressful at work and as a result he started to get flashbacks - which he didn't tell me about at first but when he did I said it sounded like PTSD.
    He went to the Drs and that's exactly what he said it was PTSD brought on by stress.

(Inevitably he has had more than his fair share of "incidents" at work over his career. In the olden days there was no counselling or guidance or protocols, you just went back to work again next day. It takes its toll)

Anyway he is back to work tomorrow so we will see how things go. I think he has found it an eye opener being at home with me - he has seem the chaos, bedlam and mayhem that ensues in the daytime and in the midst of this was Errant son getting prepared to go off for his phase 1 training
    By the time he usually strolls home from work home is an oasis of calm and tranquillity

And incidentally I've had a glimpse of what it will be like eventually when he retires - not that I will ever retire myself. Instead I will be running a guest house for the befuddled and bewildered
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Thank god, somewhere for DM to go to!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th May 18, 8:00 PM
    • 35,104 Posts
    • 485,368 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Hugs to you snap xx

Tweets glad your seeing some action, you deserve some peace xx

Does anyone know anything about early stage arthritis please ? In the hip area. Is it worth taking cod liver oil or anything. Doctor said not . Is there anything anyone is doing to ease it ?. Tia xx
    Originally posted by cjj
    Some people swear by Glucosamine sulphate cjj but I've had no experience of it. Sorry.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 15th May 18, 8:01 PM
    • 16,186 Posts
    • 194,496 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Should we have a sweep to guess the colour of Catherine's outfit at the wedding. No money etc just a bit of fun

I think we should allow descriptive shades eg baby pink or shocking pink as long as they have meaning
    Purple!
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 15th May 18, 8:02 PM
    • 19,629 Posts
    • 210,611 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    A 10 foot rope ladder hangs over the side of a boat with the bottom rung on the surface of the water. The rungs are one foot apart, and the tide goes up at the rate of 6 inches per hour. How long will it be until three rungs are covered?

A rooster laid an egg on top of the barn roof. Which way did it roll?
    A truck driver is going down a one way street the wrong way, and passes at least ten cops. Why is he not caught?

An electric train is moving north at 100mph and a wind is blowing to the west at 10mph. Which way does the smoke blow?

How much dirt is there in a hole 3 feet deep, 6 ft long and 4 ft wide?

If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall,how long would it take four men to build it?

Larry!!!8217;s father has five sons named Ten, Twenty, Thirty, Forty!!!8230;Guess what would be the name of the fifth?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th May 18, 8:03 PM
    • 35,104 Posts
    • 485,368 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Mhoc...I got a 10 off 30 Boden voucher today too. Think I have a 15 credit for returning something last time. So if you see anything worth getting shout
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 15th May 18, 8:04 PM
    • 19,629 Posts
    • 210,611 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

Cream silk
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th May 18, 8:04 PM
    • 35,104 Posts
    • 485,368 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Catherine's wedding frock

SSM. Purple
    TM. Pale lemon
    Enterprise. Cream silk
    Nettie. Rose
    Bubbs. Baby blue
    Di Canary yellow
    Izzy65 pale pink
    tweets....lavender
    Curly....Pistachio
    Lesliejack.....navy blue
    Juju. Peppermint
    Perky. Blush pink
    Mrsmac. Peach
    Sarahdol. Light grey
    Snap Ian Beal
    DD floral.......clever
    DM. Khaki
    Seren pearl grey
    Pacifica....thought she was joking but now stuck with burgundy
    Silvercar. Turquoise
    JTS. WHIPPED CREAM
    AJ. Cream and blue
    Gocat. Pale blue

elliechoons......wheat
    Last edited by TrulyMadly; 16-05-2018 at 9:55 PM.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 15th May 18, 8:05 PM
    • 14,833 Posts
    • 237,402 Thanks
    zippydooda

im relying on you to find a double offer(eg 25% off and 2 for ??)

and if possible a comparison to another store.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

81Posts Today

1,699Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bbcthehour: "Mental health and debt is a marriage made in hell" @MartinSLewis told the Senedd when people are more vulnerable they're m?

• RT @justindeaville: @MartinSLewis I looked it up when we last went. It's ball speed. And it's about O.3 seconds to cross the court. @Martin?

• Amazing how empty the #Wimbledon court is for the mixed doubles even though there's a Brit playing. The bars outside are rammed though

• Follow Martin