Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,442Posts
    • 36,750Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1737
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 15th May 18, 12:05 PM
    • 2,540 Posts
    • 29,769 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Just saw this on hukd and ordered a couple

aussie Mini Miracles for 1p @ Waitrose
    0.01 should be 5]
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 15th May 18, 12:13 PM
    • 14,925 Posts
    • 256,261 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Afternoon

In shop with door open & the weather has now gone dull

We had 2 flying red kites in yesterday & I've sold them both

Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th May 18, 12:19 PM
    • 2,188 Posts
    • 27,434 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    anyone know Waities return policy and also replacement product policy?
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th May 18, 12:27 PM
    • 2,188 Posts
    • 27,434 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Just looked policy up
    So what would the replacement be? If I ordered 20??
    Hmmmm.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 15th May 18, 12:30 PM
    • 20,204 Posts
    • 264,192 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I can't highlight the words "Everyone can see it" but that's what I'd like to do. I would hope not. Surely that would make me feel embarrassed? In which case, I would then not feel happy.

The notice is also not true on every occasion completely - because if I were hypothethically to wet my pants (not sure why I'm talking about this lol) and was fortuitously in a place where I was entirely alone at all, then everyone (that is 'everyone around me', fortunately no-one) would not be able to see it. In any event, it's literally incorrect as not everyone in the entire world would see it even if it happened with some people around. Of course we all have those instances don't we when we don't quite hit the toilet bowl although fortunately no-one else is there at the time so we just wipe ourselves up, or curse about just having put the washing on and now having a single pair of pants on their own uselessly for a next wash (then has to wait days - yuck! - for more clothes to need washing in one go and the weather hopefully to get fine again). And I won't even go into other things I'm now thinking about.

Right, anyway...

That's when it happens, or I knock some gravy off the table or something that hits some clothes, almost always right at the moment after the washing machine has been put on, didn't quite have all the clothes it could have had and the gravy-splash clothes could usefully have gone in there. Always the way.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 15-05-2018 at 12:33 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 15th May 18, 12:31 PM
    • 14,925 Posts
    • 256,261 Thanks
    Snap-ant

That sister had a PET scan on Thursday. She has been called down for the results today
    Hoping it is good news
    Our Family Motto ~

• Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 15th May 18, 12:42 PM
    • 20,204 Posts
    • 264,192 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Tomorrow in M will be a lot of offers having ended I feel. It will be bad. Or not actually "bad" but just take more time to ensure that I have 'everything'. I never have everything (as not everything is in my stores). There was enough change in M yesterday, which I cope with as it was all planned and catered for weeks literally hours in advance. I will start the update - they seem to have continued much of what had Sunday as a date to expire, expired things that either weren't online or didn't have an expiry date on there so I didn't have one and put new items on offer.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

• Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 15th May 18, 12:53 PM
    • 20,204 Posts
    • 264,192 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    This comparison surprised me slightly - I had meant to compare against S by buying the Linda McCartney sausages but M picked up the fishcakes, giving a slightly better overall APG

8 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x ASDA Pure Hygiene Family Mouthwash (500ml) 0.47 0.50
    1x Linda McCartney's Meat Free 6 Red Onion & Rosemary Sausages (300g) 2.00 1.77
    0.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.11 0.10
    1x ASDA Wholemeal Tortilla Wraps (8pk) 0.95 0.90
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.08 0.10
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) 1.09 1.09
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Strawberries (300g) 1.09 N/A
    1x ASDA 8 Breaded Cod Fishcakes (400g) 1.50 1.00
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Iceberg Lettuce (each) 0.50 0.57
    Comparison total (compared products only) 6.70 6.03
    +0.67 cheaper
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    Yes they are on the M list vs 1 M and A has put its price up recently. There were some packets of frozen cod cakes in Iceland that got changed to a downsized pack - although the downsized pack is still, I think, better price per unit or per cake than the Mr A ones, the fact it was changed to a lower weight and number pack puts me off buying the new pack. I absolutely stocked up on the old pack when it was being phased out, right enough up to the longest BB date which is now next month and still have one of the old packs left in my freezer. I found some Chip Shaped Fish Cakes in Iceland recently, at 1 - they were actually higher weight than the old cod cakes - I suppose they are fish rather than cod - but they seem to have disappeared entirely from my Iceland after making an appearance on one visit only; obviously must have been too good price for them to keep wanting to have them. Of course they were the only thing I bought as they were the only thing I thought worth buying().

Thank you for the mouthwash - I shall put that on the list. I may have some product down on buy in M that I ought to remove as it seems A may now have this comparable item, or else I wasn't sure it would compare or may not have noticed A had their version before (due to looking in M for the prices there and not looking in A).
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 15-05-2018 at 1:00 PM.

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 15th May 18, 12:57 PM
    • 5,436 Posts
    • 65,067 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Well Im glad you the mods have got rid of that post from a illegal seller of ... driving licence... marriage certs.. etc.. it was scary so I reported them. Dunno if anyone else saw the post on here at about 2am. and it was very long...
    Originally posted by Forgetful
    I saw it and reported it also.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 15th May 18, 12:59 PM
    • 5,436 Posts
    • 65,067 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good afternoon all

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 15th May 18, 1:46 PM
    • 19,318 Posts
    • 208,524 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

In shop with door open & the weather has now gone dull

We had 2 flying red kites in yesterday & I've sold them both

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    One of the few wooden birds I would probably buy, they are gorgeous birds, we often see them flying over our garden,

That sister had a PET scan on Thursday. She has been called down for the results today
    Hoping it is good news
    I will be keeping everything crossed
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 15th May 18, 2:23 PM
    • 14,925 Posts
    • 256,261 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Results are she needs a biopsy on 2 lymph nodes
    Our Family Motto ~

• braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th May 18, 2:25 PM
    • 2,188 Posts
    • 27,434 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    WonTwo Wednesday
    Fwee peeza from dominininos, tomorrow only. Just received an email.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 15th May 18, 3:23 PM
    • 3,892 Posts
    • 54,056 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    (((hugs)))

To snap and that sister
    Retired
    • tweets
    • By tweets 15th May 18, 3:31 PM
    • 29,206 Posts
    • 424,297 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Afternoon

Snap (((X)))

Some news on little beep and his ball , bottles mates etc

I was ok til I went out with our Poppy yesterday for walkies before work.

Go back to last Monday 7th BH I tidied up bits wood that had fallen from fencing ready for gardener mowing the lawn.

Put black bin out for Tuesday it was emptied before Tuesday Walkies and I see side fencing with slats got hole in half slat I had fixed twice before gone again So I look for half slat to put back its missing so I just presumed I had thrown it in bin and it gone

Fast Forward to yesterday walkies and half slat on grass side house how did it get there after being missing for a week.

In work I couldn't stop thinking about it and lad and his ball and what if he threw something over and it poisoned or made my Poppy ill

By time I got home I had got myself in a right state and googled trying to find PCSO numbers. Then had an councillors.

Looked them up and rang her and she answered phone took everyone down and was appalled what I had put up with and said she would email PCSO and council

On way to work this morning phone rings private number I answer and PCSO wanting to know if I in anytime today because she had just read an email and couldn't believe what she was reading .

She been earlier and came in and took statement and said she would go speak to lads dad see what's going on . If she got no answer would be about Saturday and go again to lads house and would keep me updated . Also if anymore trouble get intouch with councillor but she hoping once she speaks to those involved I will have peace.

She even apologised for me not being able to find her walking about.

She went to house but no answer and asked me if blinds were ever open I told her I have never seen them open so she trying again on Saturday.
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th May 18, 4:06 PM
    • 51,742 Posts
    • 620,353 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Not caught up but see your post tweets, glad something is being done now, not before time
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th May 18, 4:15 PM
    • 51,742 Posts
    • 620,353 Thanks
    bubbs
    How strange bubbs in our store you get 5kgs for 22 but quite often they're reduced so 11 I need to get driving again because you need to be there at 8am to get those bargains and I still can't carry anything heavy
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    This is in the normal Iceland not warehouse, when i see her again in a couple of weeks will have a look as its a different town but they are lovely
    Keep eyes peeled making mint choc chip ice cream tonight
    Morning all.

Awww, hope you dont have a faulty ring on top of your crack, that just would not be fair.
    Originally posted by davemorton

Glad you didn't post that image before I went to bed.

I would have had nightmares

Thank you TM

I am ok just plodding along

Treated myself to a top I saw on Argos TU this morning

Went Sainsbury to buy one with my love to shop vouchers last week and online sale only .

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/tuc132937292.htm This one
    Originally posted by tweets
    I like that tweets
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th May 18, 4:19 PM
    • 51,742 Posts
    • 620,353 Thanks
    bubbs
    Just saw this on hukd and ordered a couple

aussie Mini Miracles for 1p @ Waitrose
    0.01 should be 5]
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    Just looked policy up
    So what would the replacement be? If I ordered 20??
    Hmmmm.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Hope you both get them, i have missed a deal again

Hoping it is good news
    Fingers crossed xx
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th May 18, 4:21 PM
    • 51,742 Posts
    • 620,353 Thanks
    bubbs

Results are she needs a biopsy on 2 lymph nodes
    Hope its nothing , sending hugs xx
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • tweets
    • By tweets 15th May 18, 4:23 PM
    • 29,206 Posts
    • 424,297 Thanks
    tweets
    Afternoon all
    Not caught up but see your post tweets, glad something is being done now, not before time
    Originally posted by bubbs
    So am I. I was even thinking about moving to get away from lad but love it hereits my home and don't see why I should
    Lost 3st-6lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

539Posts Today

5,456Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin