Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,769Posts
    • 37,500Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1737
    • tweets
    • By tweets 15th May 18, 4:42 PM
    • 30,429 Posts
    • 432,910 Thanks
    tweets
    No too right you shouldn't be pushed out of your home xx
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Football been over booked down ready for showing her on Saturday .

I will be watching Wedding on BBC1 cant watch ITV1 with Philip Schofield presenting it cant stand him.
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th May 18, 4:46 PM
    • 53,180 Posts
    • 630,319 Thanks
    bubbs
    Football been over booked down ready for showing her on Saturday .

I will be watching Wedding on BBC1 cant watch ITV1 with Philip Schofield presenting it cant stand him.
    Originally posted by tweets
    Have they got it back?
    Oh i like ole Phil
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 3 lb
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 15th May 18, 4:47 PM
    • 20,360 Posts
    • 215,244 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good Afternoon

Snap (((X)))

Some news on little beep and his ball , bottles mates etc

I was ok til I went out with our Poppy yesterday for walkies before work.

Go back to last Monday 7th BH I tidied up bits wood that had fallen from fencing ready for gardener mowing the lawn.

Put black bin out for Tuesday it was emptied before Tuesday Walkies and I see side fencing with slats got hole in half slat I had fixed twice before gone again So I look for half slat to put back its missing so I just presumed I had thrown it in bin and it gone

Fast Forward to yesterday walkies and half slat on grass side house how did it get there after being missing for a week.

In work I couldn't stop thinking about it and lad and his ball and what if he threw something over and it poisoned or made my Poppy ill

By time I got home I had got myself in a right state and googled trying to find PCSO numbers. Then had an councillors.

Looked them up and rang her and she answered phone took everyone down and was appalled what I had put up with and said she would email PCSO and council

On way to work this morning phone rings private number I answer and PCSO wanting to know if I in anytime today because she had just read an email and couldn't believe what she was reading .

She been earlier and came in and took statement and said she would go speak to lads dad see what's going on . If she got no answer would be about Saturday and go again to lads house and would keep me updated . Also if anymore trouble get intouch with councillor but she hoping once she speaks to those involved I will have peace.

She even apologised for me not being able to find her walking about.

She went to house but no answer and asked me if blinds were ever open I told her I have never seen them open so she trying again on Saturday.
    Originally posted by tweets
    Glad you finally decided to take action, hopefully they will pay attention to the PCSO, although it took a bit of doing getting the kids to stop messing about on our wall. Maybe you should mention that you feel intimidated by them (even if you don't), I recall a police officer telling me that if I felt intimidated by some 'untamed' kids near us then I should call them and they could take action. Fortunately that one I sorted out with the parents.

Results are she needs a biopsy on 2 lymph nodes
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Hopefully just precautionary, at least they haven't said that they need to remove them, just check them.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 15th May 18, 5:07 PM
    • 6,922 Posts
    • 92,216 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good afteroon all.

Snap (((hugs))) to you and that sister, hope its nothing.

Tweets, glad something being done about that lad.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 15th May 18, 5:18 PM
    • 15,094 Posts
    • 239,634 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Tesco wine 25% of 6 bottles
    Tesco Deals
    Just had a heads up of my husband,who works for tesco the 6 for 25% is back on Thursday
    • Anon
    • By Anon 15th May 18, 5:20 PM
    • 13,491 Posts
    • 150,679 Thanks
    Anon
    Good morning

May I ask what is the deal with having all the bank accounts I noticed you talking about a lot? Is it to maximise interest rates? Or is there anything else I'm missing?
    I once played with the thought of account switching for the reward cash but I have been with Santander for a good few years now and want to keep it as my current account but I might have some cash to stick somewhere else if it's worth my while... got a LISA too but that's about it
    I wish I knew my way round investments but I don't

TIA
    Originally posted by czerniacha
    The deal with having different accounts was accessing switching offers (getting paid to switch) for a number of them, and accessing higher interest rates on others. This resulted in getting a lot of different accounts over the years. Many of these have a requirement to have direct debits (minimum 2 for many accounts) and pay in a certain amount of money per month.

The recent challenge is T Bank removed the facility to set up direct debits for their savings accounts, which means many people have had to source alternatives to meet the account requirement. The implications are paying fees for some accounts, or losing interest.

Some of these accounts will now be used to gain a switching bonus elsewhere if a new offer comes along - I have never switched my main account .

Anon
    • michaels
    • By michaels 15th May 18, 5:34 PM
    • 21,558 Posts
    • 100,054 Thanks
    michaels
    Amazon gift card top up offer on hukd, hopefully fully not affiliate
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/get-10-free-credit-when-you-top-up-40-in-store-at-amazon-2929997

I will sacrifice the new NatWest for Barclay's
    Cool heads and compromise
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 15th May 18, 5:53 PM
    • 10,419 Posts
    • 118,511 Thanks
    emerald21
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/get-10-free-credit-when-you-top-up-40-in-store-at-amazon-2929997

Originally posted by michaels
    Thank you michaels let's hope it works for me now
    • tweets
    • By tweets 15th May 18, 6:12 PM
    • 30,429 Posts
    • 432,910 Thanks
    tweets
    Have they got it back?
    Oh i like ole Phil
    Yes I threw it back .

Glad you finally decided to take action, hopefully they will pay attention to the PCSO, although it took a bit of doing getting the kids to stop messing about on our wall. Maybe you should mention that you feel intimidated by them (even if you don't), I recall a police officer telling me that if I felt intimidated by some 'untamed' kids near us then I should call them and they could take action. Fortunately that one I sorted out with the parents.

Hopefully just precautionary, at least they haven't said that they need to remove them, just check them.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I tried to take action before and got no where got told it was kids playing so didn't think anyone cared but wasn't prepared to put up with it all summer like last year

Good afteroon all.

Snap (((hugs))) to you and that sister, hope its nothing.

Tweets, glad something being done about that lad.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Thank you so am I
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 15th May 18, 6:20 PM
    • 30,429 Posts
    • 432,910 Thanks
    tweets
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th May 18, 6:31 PM
    • 2,598 Posts
    • 30,884 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Thank you michaels let's hope it works for me now
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Another way without risking a link is to go to prime main page
    Top menu "Gift Cards & Top Ups"

Left hand side "top up in store"
    Banner is there
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th May 18, 6:41 PM
    • 2,598 Posts
    • 30,884 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Hope you both get them, i have missed a deal again

Missed it? I just went online and it is still there for 1p if you search for "aussie mini" or does it fail at checkout?

Fingers crossed xx

It is short lived probably, unlike the birdies at superdrug
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th May 18, 6:44 PM
    • 53,180 Posts
    • 630,319 Thanks
    bubbs
    It is short lived probably, unlike the birdies at superdrug
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Its there but says oos cant add
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 3 lb
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 15th May 18, 6:44 PM
    • 691 Posts
    • 31,417 Thanks
    pandoraskids

Sending positive vibes - have pm'd you x
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th May 18, 6:55 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,872 Thanks
    mhoc

Hopefully its just a pre caution. My sister has this done, blue dye goes in firstly,it was just to rule out anything not picked up on scans.

Sending positive thoughts
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 15th May 18, 6:56 PM
    • 20,360 Posts
    • 215,244 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    These sentences were apparently included in church bulletins:

The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.

The sermon this morning: 'Jesus Walks on the Water.' The sermon
    tonight: 'Searching for Jesus'

Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.

A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall.
    Music will follow..

Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered..

The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They
    may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.

Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church.
    Please use large double door at the side entrance.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th May 18, 7:10 PM
    • 2,598 Posts
    • 30,884 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Those Aussie bags worth 5, someone on Fleabay selling for 33.06
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aussie-Travel-Kit-With-3-Mini-Miracles-Sizes-For-Your-Big-Adventures/282928668187?epid=2250518797&hash=item41dfdcde1b:g :H0kAAOSw8S9a1eb0
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 15th May 18, 7:15 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,872 Thanks
    mhoc

Originally posted by michaels
    This pondering about bank accounts and direct debits also got me thinking today.
    I have a Yorkshire Bank current from a switch back in March 2016 which is chugging along nicely - 1000 in and out on the same day at the start of the month plus a miserable 1.49% gross interest - still better than most ISAs though.
    It has direct debits which were part of the switching conditions.
    But I rang them today to double check everything and it actually does not need any direct debits now - just the money going in each month to generate the interest.

Then I had a think about where I could move the four DDs to and had a think about Barclays which is fee paying but has this double rewards for the first year.

But then I remembered I only have one Mr T current account so I looked online and rang them up to check - I can have 2 Mr T current - 750 per month going in - in theory this could come from YB to Mr T and then back to the home account - same money going round and round. Mr T needs 3 DDS - active monthly ones so I can just move them from YB. and its 3% interest.
    I could even do a straight switch from YB to Mr T 2 to make things simple but I think I want to keep this YB open incase the interest rate ever improves ...
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th May 18, 7:16 PM
    • 36,574 Posts
    • 496,931 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    My pink lawn

There's not a breath of wind

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th May 18, 7:17 PM
    • 36,574 Posts
    • 496,931 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Have just checked with a small pan on the large ring & you're right, it doesn't work! Sorry, it's obviously my brain that's faulty - not your hob - I've had mine for 18 months and never realised this
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    Well that's a relief
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,722Posts Today

10,009Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Are you an overdraft prisoner? How to escape it! My new blog on ways to get rid of your overdraft... https://t.co/KbJwbWLFQI

• RT @bbc5live: .@MartinSLewis joins @annaefoster from midday to answer your money saving questions. ???? 08085 909 693 ???? 85058 Or post your q?

• Follow Martin