Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,545Posts
    • 36,903Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1734
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th May 18, 10:45 PM
    • 35,199 Posts
    • 485,948 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    But I dont need induction pans
    Originally posted by davemorton
    You lucky lucky man
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th May 18, 10:46 PM
    • 26,509 Posts
    • 320,511 Thanks
    davemorton
    Interesting....I have just signed up on the same phone but different email addy to the PE app again, and looks like I am getting another free pizza. Now if you ate a lot of pizzas (hmmm, wonder who I am thinking of ) you could have free pizza every day there. (Thats if it does work, I will know in 6 hours.)
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 14th May 18, 10:46 PM
    • 2,812 Posts
    • 31,760 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    But I need incontinence pants
    31 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th May 18, 10:51 PM
    • 26,509 Posts
    • 320,511 Thanks
    davemorton
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 14th May 18, 10:52 PM
    • 3,723 Posts
    • 38,331 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    The point is that they sell induction pans
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

But I dont need induction pans
    You do you just don't realise it yet
    They sell things in bulk As well as the normal stuff like 12 tins of chopped Tom's or eight bottles of Pepsi max, still not the prices we'd want to pay, cracking pans though.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 12.5lb
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th May 18, 10:53 PM
    • 13,006 Posts
    • 146,573 Thanks
    Anon
    ARGGG!!!!!!!!! was going to go to pizza express tomorrow, and just checked, my free pizza expired last week! grrr.
    How annoying ... if only you had another email address ... .

Anon
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th May 18, 10:54 PM
    • 26,509 Posts
    • 320,511 Thanks
    davemorton
    cracking pans though.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Now thats a bit harsh, its one thing laughing at her cracked sink, but now you are trying to get her to buy cracked pans!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th May 18, 10:55 PM
    • 26,509 Posts
    • 320,511 Thanks
    davemorton
    How annoying ... if only you had another email address ... .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Cheers Anon...see my later posts. And heres me thinking I had discovered something new.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th May 18, 11:08 PM
    • 13,006 Posts
    • 146,573 Thanks
    Anon
    Cheers Anon...see my later posts. And heres me thinking I had discovered something new.
    Sorry, I hadn't refreshed .

The N3ro app does seem to know if you you have used the welcome offer even if a family member sets up an account .

Anon
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th May 18, 11:11 PM
    • 16,200 Posts
    • 194,632 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    marmite - how wonderful xxx

TM - thanks for the information re Debs and the 5... off to have a look.

Interesting....I have just signed up on the same phone but different email addy to the PE app again, and looks like I am getting another free pizza. Now if you ate a lot of pizzas (hmmm, wonder who I am thinking of ) you could have free pizza every day there. (Thats if it does work, I will know in 6 hours.)
    OMG - how the heck have I missed this!

Now thats a bit harsh, its one thing laughing at her cracked sink, but now you are trying to get her to buy cracked pans!
    Meanie!

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 14th May 18, 11:30 PM
    • 16,200 Posts
    • 194,632 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I have just started xmas shopping at Debs - OH will have a pair of beer socks to unwrap xmas morning!

Then I found the white underwear for him.... I have to admit I have a bit of a fetish for white underwear for OH... so next few orders will be sorted.

The T&C stated that only one order per day, so I will get my fix tomorrow x
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th May 18, 11:31 PM
    • 26,509 Posts
    • 320,511 Thanks
    davemorton
    I have just started xmas shopping at Debs - OH will have a pair of beer socks to unwrap xmas morning!

Then I found the white underwear for him.... I have to admit I have a bit of a fetish for white underwear for OH... so next few orders will be sorted.

The T&C stated that only one order per day, so I will get my fix tomorrow x
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Makes it more cost efficient with the vanish liquid doesnt it Can pin-point the stains to the nearest millimetre.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th May 18, 11:33 PM
    • 13,006 Posts
    • 146,573 Thanks
    Anon
    I forgot to say, I have sorted my DD issue for now to replace T - 2 per account sorted .

I read the thread suggested and have gone for the P0 Saving a/c ... I may have "a few" .

It has bought time until l can work out a better way as I am sure some can be closed now.

I need to decide which to sacrifice to B4rclays .

Anon
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 15th May 18, 5:48 AM
    • 386 Posts
    • 11,770 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    I need pans for an induction hob unfortunately. Anyway called in tonight after work to Marksies and bought a set of induction pans. Put them on the hob and they didn't work
    Only just realised that the base of the pan needs to be larger than the hob ring. It's a whole new world
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I bought mine from Tesco, very pleased with them, I think there was a code for 10 off at the time

Doesn't the hob ring automatically adjust to the pan size? Or maybe I just haven't encountered this problem before and have just dreamt it

I had rather an eventful weekend....On Friday....I was sitting in the poob having one or two celebratory drinks for my birthday.....Just minding my own business....When the door opened and OMG....My beautiful daughter, partner and grandchildren together with my youngest son walked in....having travelled from Wales and Warrington to come see me for a surprise visit....

To say I was gobsmacked is an understatement......They had even booked an evening meal out on the Saturday for me which, ended with a huge galaxy chocolate cake being brought to the table with sparklers and candles.....My favourite

Had an absolutely brilliant family weekend...One that I shall never forget.....One of those special moments in life....Soooo happy
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    How wonderful! Glad you had a fab time
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 15th May 18, 6:24 AM
    • 2,882 Posts
    • 38,288 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good morning Elite.
    Another sunny day. Enjoy.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 15th May 18, 6:32 AM
    • 3,283 Posts
    • 49,807 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning everyone. Another sunny day, this must be the best summer in years.
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 15th May 18, 6:41 AM
    • 2,812 Posts
    • 31,760 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good morning.....Its a fantastic morning....Birds are very happy today....
    31 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 15th May 18, 7:25 AM
    • 3,723 Posts
    • 38,331 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Just bigger stores i can highly recommend Iceland fresh chicken breast , they are huge and you get 4kg for 16
    Originally posted by bubbs
    How strange bubbs in our store you get 5kgs for 22 but quite often they're reduced so 11 I need to get driving again because you need to be there at 8am to get those bargains and I still can't carry anything heavy
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 12.5lb
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 15th May 18, 7:33 AM
    • 35,199 Posts
    • 485,948 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I bought mine from Tesco, very pleased with them, I think there was a code for 10 off at the time

Doesn't the hob ring automatically adjust to the pan size? Or maybe I just haven't encountered this problem before and have just dreamt it
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    I need to check into this. I'm wondering now if our hob is faulty.....that would make the third item

The ring only heats up if the pan completely covers the whole ring......leaving none showing. Can this be right?

I need some time off work as the jobs at home are mounting up again

Woe is me but the sun is shining
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 15th May 18, 7:52 AM
    • 2,305 Posts
    • 28,367 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    O3 Fwee Coughee Day
    Please check your app is working, another of mine has stopped working overnight.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,825Posts Today

7,024Users online

Martin's Twitter