Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,775Posts
    • 37,500Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1730
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 14th May 18, 5:32 PM
    • 2,880 Posts
    • 32,361 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Afternoon wish I had millions 's and could just pack my bags and our Poppy's bags and get lost never to be found again.

That's what I would like in my dream world

In the real world it stinks and our Poppy is my

But hi ho life carries on.
    Originally posted by tweets
    If I won a million or three...I would share it with you.......and Poppy of course..
    39 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 14th May 18, 5:48 PM
    • 26,889 Posts
    • 323,179 Thanks
    davemorton
    If I won a million or three...I would share it with DM.......and Poppy of course..
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Quoted incase it ever happens and I need the proof
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 14th May 18, 5:49 PM
    • 2,880 Posts
    • 32,361 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Funny guy......
    39 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 14th May 18, 6:09 PM
    • 20,692 Posts
    • 268,313 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Afternoon peeps.
    Stumbled on the half price cat food in little A.
    Boxes of pouches 1.50- 3.25 each.
    Felix, Iams.
    Whiskas pouches 20p.
    Dreamies 50p.
    Loads of choice.

Treated my stray !!!!! to 2 worth using a very rare womble that I found last week.
    Originally posted by curl girl

Your stray what? That's what it causes me to think. Ah - your stray dog? But you were mentioning cat food. So I am confused.

"Please could you clarify precisely and exactly what you meant."

EDIT: Ha! I now have it. No need to reply. Stupid website thinks you meant something for a vagina (why bring that thought to my mind? Wouldn't have happened if the website had just left the original word intact - which I now have anyway, only going via another word for a dog - so the censor of the website has not only made matters worse but has failed completely anyway as the five exclamation points have communicated, eventually, the original word. I think it needs to do more than merely remove every one of the letters of the word as doing that is ineffective and it needs greater censorship - they need to remove more than just every letter of the word and, as that's impossible to do, the whole thing is just a failure - and, importantly, if you did mean the offensive word and I was to have been offended by that, I would have been just as offended by the conveyance of it via the exclamation points as the message conveyed and meaning is the same as I would by the printing of the word. As you didn't mean that but merely meant another word for a cat, I'm therefore, only for that reason, saved from offence. But I have gone via another 'offensive' word in addition - that would not have been done had the word been fully allowed as it should have been in the context that the system is unable to detect. The system should stop this passive-aggressiveness that it does of the changing to communication using symbols().)

Just to clarify, I am not aiming this at you or complaining about you - the complaint is against the ineffective censor. It could have caused all sorts of arguments now by causing misunderstanding and you thinking I was having a go at you when I'm not. The censor could therefore have caused all sorts of fall-outs that wouldn't have happened had it not intervened inappropriately - fortunately I hope we are both well.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 14-05-2018 at 6:19 PM.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th May 18, 6:17 PM
    • 30,463 Posts
    • 433,226 Thanks
    tweets
    I am hoping for washing powder/liquid, I am running very low, and it all seems so expensive.

tweets, you ok, you dont sound it.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    I am feeling better than I was earlier thanks

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Thank you Snap

I'm looking forward to this weekends nuptials

God save the Queen.

No further comment.

Originally posted by locarr
    I have my Saturday planned wedding and FA cup hoping it stays that way a day to myself with my
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 14th May 18, 6:18 PM
    • 3,492 Posts
    • 35,909 Thanks
    curl girl
    No savvy I'm sorry I can't.
    I don't see what's wrong with the word !!!!! cat used how I used it.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.......
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th May 18, 6:19 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    via vouchercodes, and then the viator offer, I went to offers in Krakow and did a 3ish airport connection. from darkside. Worth a wee gamble for me. Wouldn't recommend it unless you can afford to lose the cash
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    well I activated this morning but I didn't get to go through with my purchase and now the offer seems to have vanished from vouchercodes ....
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th May 18, 6:19 PM
    • 30,463 Posts
    • 433,226 Thanks
    tweets
    Don't tell me your mum still isn't walking?
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    No she got to see surgeon at hospital next Monday because her hip still painful and sore

Tweets, a problem shared.......
    You ok?
    I am feeling better now thanks

If I won a million or three...I would share it with you.......and Poppy of course..
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Thank you Wouldn't it be nice
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 14th May 18, 6:19 PM
    • 3,492 Posts
    • 35,909 Thanks
    curl girl
    I'm wrong.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th May 18, 6:20 PM
    • 30,463 Posts
    • 433,226 Thanks
    tweets
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Hope you have saved it I have

21 seconds to go
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 14th May 18, 6:22 PM
    • 20,692 Posts
    • 268,313 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    No savvy I'm sorry I can't.
    I don't see what's wrong with the word !!!!! cat used how I used it.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.......
    You are not wrong and no correction is due. I actually agree with you as now in the edit of my OP where I say the censor intervened inappropriately, because it is a d*mb machine and not a person. (Mustn't be offensive to machines, even if I'm still offensive.)

At least I read [past tense] the symbols exactly the same as the word being there now. Does "!!!!!cat" work? No it doesn't.

Right - I am actually off out now, after this unnecessary diversion caused by my struggling initially to understand your OP due to no fault of yourself.

Bye for now (the computer that put the symbols there has simply wasted my time)! Actually, if I may get annoyed and offended by a waste of my time eh?
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 14-05-2018 at 6:25 PM.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 14th May 18, 6:22 PM
    • 3,492 Posts
    • 35,909 Thanks
    curl girl
    Tweets you don't need millions to go somewhere.
    Can't you and poppy visit the seaside or somewhere for a few days, caravan or something doggy friendly?
    Would be lovely for you both.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th May 18, 6:23 PM
    • 30,463 Posts
    • 433,226 Thanks
    tweets
    Your stray what? That's what it causes me to think. Ah - your stray dog? But you were mentioning cat food. So I am confused.

"Please could you clarify precisely and exactly what you meant."

EDIT: Ha! I now have it. No need to reply. Stupid website thinks you meant something for a vagina (why bring that thought to my mind? Wouldn't have happened if the website had just left the original word intact - which I now have anyway, only going via another word for a dog - so the censor of the website has not only made matters worse but has failed completely anyway as the five exclamation points have communicated, eventually, the original word. I think it needs to do more than merely remove every one of the letters of the word as doing that is ineffective and it needs greater censorship - they need to remove more than just every letter of the word and, as that's impossible to do, the whole thing is just a failure - and, importantly, if you did mean the offensive word and I was to have been offended by that, I would have been just as offended by the conveyance of it via the exclamation points as the message conveyed and meaning is the same as I would by the printing of the word. As you didn't mean that but merely meant another word for a cat, I'm therefore, only for that reason, saved from offence. But I have gone via another 'offensive' word in addition - that would not have been done had the word been fully allowed as it should have been in the context that the system is unable to detect. The system should stop this passive-aggressiveness that it does of the changing to communication using symbols().)

Just to clarify, I am not aiming this at you or complaining about you - the complaint is against the ineffective censor. It could have caused all sorts of arguments now by causing misunderstanding and you thinking I was having a go at you when I'm not. The censor could therefore have caused all sorts of fall-outs that wouldn't have happened had it not intervened inappropriately - fortunately I hope we are both well.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Thank you Savvybuyer I don't really know what you on about but I am sat here
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th May 18, 6:27 PM
    • 30,463 Posts
    • 433,226 Thanks
    tweets
    Tweets you don't need millions to go somewhere.
    Can't you and poppy visit the seaside or somewhere for a few days, caravan or something doggy friendly?
    Would be lovely for you both.
    Wish we could but Poppy not friendly where animals especially dogs are due to being attacked by dogs off leads

I feel safer staying at home with her because I know routes we can go on walkies and be safe.

So kerbstone edge will suffice for me and my baby
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 14th May 18, 6:28 PM
    • 20,692 Posts
    • 268,313 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    MULLERS FIXED

Cherry Bakewell now appearing on APG

12 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    1x Muller Corner Peach & Apricot Yogurt (150g) 0.30 0.50
    1x ASDA Skimmed Milk (4pt) 1.09 1.10
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Cherry Yogurt (175g) 0.30 0.35
    1x Muller Corner Red Cherry Yogurt (150g) 0.30 0.50
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) 1.09 1.10
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Orange with Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) 0.30 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) 0.30 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) 0.30 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) 0.30 0.35
    1x Muller Corner Blueberry Yogurt (150g) 0.30 0.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Raspberry & Cranberry Yogurt (175g) 0.30 0.35
    1x Muller Light Cherry Bakewell Flavour Yogurt (165g) 0.30 0.35

Originally posted by izzeyb
    And picking up the flamin' mbuy as well!
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 14th May 18, 6:29 PM
    • 20,692 Posts
    • 268,313 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Thank you Savvybuyer I don't really know what you on about but I am sat here
    Let's just move on.

I'm glad people are happy.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 14th May 18, 6:33 PM
    • 20,692 Posts
    • 268,313 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    There is a correction I would make. And that would be a correction of the exclamations back into the actual word. I am here as a concern with accuracy and complete and full truthfulness above all else (even if the complete full truth sometimes causes me offence). Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way of correcting it back to the word and resolving this problem. The problem that I have with the censor. Does that code where you type the word backwards but it then appears forwards work?

So, there you are: a post with a tiny little element in one sentence - which I pick up on that element, which is the five exclamation points which I circle with red pen and return back as inaccurate and incorrect. The world that doesn't quite follow the way that this person who has Asperger's works.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 14-05-2018 at 6:37 PM.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 14th May 18, 6:40 PM
    • 7,428 Posts
    • 61,116 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Anyone with any ideas on what's the best to cover mould spots on the ceiling please. We had the roof felt replaced last year so hopefully it's done with but would like to paint the ceiling well I wouldn't like to but I will if I know what's the best to use and for it not to show through once done . Thanks oo
    Originally posted by emerald21
    I dont know if any good but I saw this in Aldi today.

I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 14th May 18, 6:48 PM
    • 20,398 Posts
    • 215,505 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    No she got to see surgeon at hospital next Monday because her hip still painful and sore

I am feeling better now thanks

Thank you Wouldn't it be nice
    Hope it goes as well as it can. Are you going with her? If not I assume she will have someone with her?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th May 18, 7:15 PM
    • 53,237 Posts
    • 630,733 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    tweets ((((hugs))))
    Hope everyone else is ok?
    Thanks Izzey about mullers but i didnt bloomin check here and i bought some this affy, hey ho i will eat them , ice cream making is happening now and i like it
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 2 1/2 lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,486Posts Today

6,291Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin