Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,537Posts
    • 36,890Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1727
    • Anon
    • By Anon 13th May 18, 10:00 PM
    • 12,992 Posts
    • 146,471 Thanks
    Anon
    I got a few 02 SIMs a few months ago when they had 10/5 Am4zon or 10 free credit on - each when you topped up 10. I went through Q and TCB - four paid out so far, a few others still tracking . Top up therefore covered by cashback and profit from the promo .

Someone highlighted that to get the credit off, top up 11 not 10 as you can then extract 10 to MS, Pl4ystation credit, G00gle Pay, 4pple App Store or others. Of course, I spotted this AFTER I had topped up 10 so am still sitting with 10 on some ... if you sign up to 02 Rewards it adds 50p (cannot remember if you have to use it?) so after a while in theory I will have enough to withdraw - and credit still on to keep me on 02 Priority .

To kill my PAYG balance before the number transferred out recently, I made donations to charity (from memory some charities accepted 1, other charities had a higher minimum donation).

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 13-05-2018 at 10:03 PM.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 10:02 PM
    • 52,325 Posts
    • 624,156 Thanks
    bubbs
    Is it coleslaw?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Dont be daft
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 10:04 PM
    • 52,325 Posts
    • 624,156 Thanks
    bubbs
    I thought it was, then thought why would you have that with strawberries
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    I cant see no cabbage or carrot
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3lb
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th May 18, 10:09 PM
    • 26,492 Posts
    • 320,396 Thanks
    davemorton
    Thought it was chicken.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • Anon
    • By Anon 13th May 18, 10:15 PM
    • 12,992 Posts
    • 146,471 Thanks
    Anon
    Just checking - for 02 it is one chargeable call every 6 months to keep the SIM active - there is no need to top up again beyond the first top up (unless of course you spend all the credit!).

So order SIM through Q or TCB, top up 10, hopefully 10 back and then use that credit to keep you going with Priority .

HTH

Anon
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th May 18, 10:24 PM
    • 16,186 Posts
    • 194,499 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Dont be daft
    Originally posted by bubbs
    The voice of reason.

I cant see no cabbage or carrot
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Thought it was chicken.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    What can I say to this!

• zagubov
    • By zagubov 13th May 18, 10:48 PM
    • 15,372 Posts
    • 131,339 Thanks
    zagubov
    A nice (but a bit sweary) choon for the evening shift.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=61&v=LlZiMfJh-As
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 14th May 18, 6:39 AM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 14th May 18, 6:41 AM
    • 2,878 Posts
    • 38,261 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good morning Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    Have a great day and good luck to all those little Elite starting GCSEs today.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 14th May 18, 7:04 AM
    • 4,222 Posts
    • 46,708 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Monday.

Start of exams here as well. Got to keep them fed, watered, on time and some decent sleep.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th May 18, 7:23 AM
    • 29,642 Posts
    • 427,419 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • Anon
    • By Anon 14th May 18, 7:56 AM
    • 12,992 Posts
    • 146,471 Thanks
    Anon
    Good morning.

10% code found for Tr4vrlelodge, but it is limited to 2 nights (I assume splitting the booking may work - though you then have to reset your key during the stay) ... can it be beaten? The downside is the 10% on TCB has now dropped to 5% .

Booking hotels is also not working with a fixed price, as I appreciate Tr4vrlodge prices also go up if you wait - it is not easy being Elite. I sometimes think it would be less stress being a Muggle - see item, select, pay ... move on.

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 14-05-2018 at 8:00 AM.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 14th May 18, 8:02 AM
    • 19,633 Posts
    • 210,620 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, beautiful day here
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 14th May 18, 8:03 AM
    • 35,104 Posts
    • 485,373 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Quidco offering a members bonus of 2.50 to be spent at a range of retailers before midnight tonight. Limited to first 50,000 who opt in.

Mine will go on Marksies pans
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 14th May 18, 8:13 AM
    • 3,720 Posts
    • 38,303 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Quidco offering a members bonus of 2.50 to be spent at a range of retailers before midnight tonight. Limited to first 50,000 who opt in.

Mine will go on Marksies pans
    TM have a look at towerhouse pans. We bought the 28cm frying pan a few weeks ago for Iceland warehouse store and its the best pan I've ever owned? It was only 9.99 and far superior to pans I've paid over 20 for. Anyway yesterday we were in there and they had a 3 piece pan set for 39.99 so we've bought that too and I've just extended the warranty to 5 years for free small things and all that
    Edited to say ive just checked thr receipt and they were only 29.99 even better, their online reviews are excellent too.
    Beautiful weather again today, I'm going to stroll slowly up to town collect some items from super drug, m n s, enquire if boots perfume counter order my perfume do they get the credit for it of is it still just an online sale, shop local and all that. And then I'll stick my nose into work I think not for long though if the suns still as hog as it is now.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 12.5lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th May 18, 8:16 AM
    • 17,474 Posts
    • 211,489 Thanks
    mhoc

Mine will go on Marksies pants
    New underwear always useful

You need a 10 plus vat spend so at least 12 and there is a limited list of retailers - Superdrug is good, I think its 15 for free delivery.
    Also Groupon and Marks
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 14th May 18, 8:27 AM
    • 2,949 Posts
    • 31,729 Thanks
    curl girl
    New underwear always useful

You need a 10 plus vat spend so at least 12 and there is a limited list of retailers - Superdrug is good, I think its 15 for free delivery.
    Also Groupon and Marks
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Last time the 2.50 promo was on I did a SD loo roll order. I missed the delivery from royal mail, 6 separate big boxes which apparently filled my posties little van, they still laugh about it now.

I collected from the sorting office to save the embarrassment of going through it all again!

Morning peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 14th May 18, 8:28 AM
    • 2,303 Posts
    • 28,352 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    O3 "royal" freebie (boke)
    This one takes this biscuit.
    Free biscuit delivered by mail for 1st 1000 each day on app.
    Starts 10am.

No further comment.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 14th May 18, 8:33 AM
    • 17,474 Posts
    • 211,489 Thanks
    mhoc
    My phone has come up with the dreaded message on 00002
    - enter your number and we will text you a code

Then there is a number in a box - what is this? Is this my 0222 number?

I am resigned to having to top up. I have a new sim in readiness but I dont think you get cashback if you have not topped up within 30 days of getting the sim - is that correct or have I made that up?
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 14th May 18, 8:38 AM
    • 2,303 Posts
    • 28,352 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    My phone has come up with the dreaded message on 00002
    - enter your number and we will text you a code

Then there is a number in a box - what is this? Is this my 0222 number?

I am resigned to having to top up. I have a new sim in readiness but I dont think you get cashback if you have not topped up within 30 days of getting the sim - is that correct or have I made that up?
    Originally posted by mhoc

Not sure about CB, but cheap sim cards with 10 already on them for 7.69 on Amerzoom primus https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079Z947MP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now off to check my other phone
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,106Posts Today

8,363Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: Worried about your finances? Want tips and tricks for getting the best money-saving deals? Whatever your money matter, @Ma?

• Morning. I'm on my way to @thismorning first to talk about how to get the most buck (or euros) for your money with? https://t.co/OXkQDilixy

• Early days but if we weight this vote to the referendum proportions (48:52) then 57% of people currently want secon? https://t.co/zct2KOUWRf

• Follow Martin