Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,439Posts
    • 36,749Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1726
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th May 18, 5:32 PM
    • 17,138 Posts
    • 209,182 Thanks
    mhoc
    I HOpE that was a hoe and not is typo for TOE!
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    No its def a hoe he has beheaded - and not even at the section where the stick bit meets the head bit but half way along the stick bit ...
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 13th May 18, 5:45 PM
    • 20,204 Posts
    • 264,191 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    From Womble dated yesterday v Morries

1x ASDA Iced Donuts (12pk) 2.00 1.00
    Originally posted by LANGO1966
    I wondered why these have gone up in price. It seems they haven't though and msm is suggesting 2 for A's item is 3% below average. Almost the last items I looked at yesterday were some 12 pack fairy cakes for A. M is 1 on its versions of those but I found A to be 75p so more than 10% cheaper and avoid vs M. 12 pack Fairy Cakes bought without comparing against M in A would therefore be cheaper than 90p - it seems A has not put its price up on the Iced Donuts but is just really much much more expensive on them than M.

I will add the Donuts to the list as they are not the Fairy Cakes even though they work out more expensive price than them. I am still adding a few more items this evening, not due to having lots but because I am going incredibly slowly or not bothering to do the updating at all. Tomorrow should not be much - although I won't have full look at everything as not travelling out to stores. Later in the week will be bad - it looks like there are lots of items due to expire on Tuesday and it is also a bad day as I have other things planned for Wednesday. I suspect it will just mean my first store takes up all the allotted time I have for it and then the second takes all its time too rather than leaving me with spare time around them.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 13-05-2018 at 5:47 PM. Reason: This website is leaving a line of space at the end of each paragraph.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th May 18, 5:47 PM
    • 10,063 Posts
    • 115,993 Thanks
    emerald21
    Anyone with any ideas on what's the best to cover mould spots on the ceiling please. We had the roof felt replaced last year so hopefully it's done with but would like to paint the ceiling well I wouldn't like to but I will if I know what's the best to use and for it not to show through once done . Thanks oo
    • durham05
    • By durham05 13th May 18, 5:55 PM
    • 1,978 Posts
    • 22,454 Thanks
    durham05
    hi all have replied to any pms from today, recycle bin is now empty. hope they work for all. Any1 have ideas for last minute beach holiday sites, as tried the high street ones with not much luck.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th May 18, 5:57 PM
    • 14,920 Posts
    • 256,206 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 13th May 18, 5:57 PM
    • 7,123 Posts
    • 58,949 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Ah, thanks. Was about to order some free sims so won't wast my time with that.

I decided to get some sims with 10 credit included as they are < 10. 7.69 with prime delivery or you can get them for 7 on fleabay.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079Z947MP/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You might also be interested in this for 9 or 10p :
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/3in1-noosy-nano-micro-standard-sim-card-adapter-tray-eject-tool-free-delivery-10p-sold-by-tianshengshop-amazon-2939194
    Originally posted by thepearce
    So, If you get one with credit loaded, then get the o2 code, I wonder if you can use the same sim in different handsets?

..or if they will tell you to 'renew' your code every so often?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th May 18, 6:04 PM
    • 26,253 Posts
    • 318,675 Thanks
    davemorton
    hi all have replied to any pms from today, recycle bin is now empty. hope they work for all. Any1 have ideas for last minute beach holiday sites, as tried the high street ones with not much luck.
    Originally posted by durham05

Holiday Pirates any good?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 13th May 18, 6:09 PM
    • 2,662 Posts
    • 29,735 Thanks
    curl girl
    Well last game of the season. I get a carling tap player rated a 3 for scoring. He scored and I won a bloody collectible. Cheers carling.
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    It's been rubbish this season.
    Twice I've had players who've scored but failed to get any prize!
    I complained last week and was asked for proof, I couldn't even remember who it was that I'd picked!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th May 18, 6:11 PM
    • 34,539 Posts
    • 481,091 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Did we know BHS was still going online?

https://www.bhs.com/

There's a code for BOGOFF to be used today. Works on sale stuff too.

Stuff doesn't seem cheap but you may find a bargain.

Just worked for me on wine glasses. Remember to put 2 in your basket.

There's other discounts but I haven't tried stacking

I'll put the code on the code thread
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 6:28 PM
    • 51,727 Posts
    • 620,260 Thanks
    bubbs
    Anyone with any ideas on what's the best to cover mould spots on the ceiling please. We had the roof felt replaced last year so hopefully it's done with but would like to paint the ceiling well I wouldn't like to but I will if I know what's the best to use and for it not to show through once done . Thanks oo
    Originally posted by emerald21
    You can buy a paint stuff for mould, you paint on like a paint then paint over the top hth
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • thepearce
    • By thepearce 13th May 18, 6:47 PM
    • 2,185 Posts
    • 12,945 Thanks
    thepearce
    Not sure I follow but I think you'll only be able to have the app working on one phone at any time as it goes back to the number used to activate it. i.e. If I activate the app on my iphone and then try and activate on my samsung the iphone app is likely to stop working. I'll soon find out

There are convoluted ways of getting some money back from sim credit but I usually just donate to charity via text.
    Last edited by thepearce; 13-05-2018 at 6:48 PM. Reason: spelling
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 13th May 18, 6:49 PM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 77,072 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Sorry, I can't help with holiday sites, but I do really appreciate your PM
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 13th May 18, 7:11 PM
    • 1,778 Posts
    • 24,200 Thanks
    bargainqueen8

is sunshine stacy still going,she used to post on hukd or touchofclassluxuryholidays on fb seem to have good offers.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 13th May 18, 7:24 PM
    • 2,845 Posts
    • 37,986 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Icelolly.com ?
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th May 18, 7:35 PM
    • 34,539 Posts
    • 481,091 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I got the JML one ... faster drying it says... but all it did was get soaked all the time and started to go mouldy.. so threw it out
    Originally posted by Forgetful
    The consensus is that it's a waste of time and I agree. It served its purpose.

No DM it won't do as a bathmat unless you are a tiny tiny person
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 13th May 18, 7:40 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 4,742 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Originally posted by emerald21
    You can buy a paint stuff for mould, you paint on like a paint then paint over the top hth
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Polycell do a good one - I think it's called 'stain stop'
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th May 18, 7:43 PM
    • 34,539 Posts
    • 481,091 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    No its def a hoe he has beheaded - and not even at the section where the stick bit meets the head bit but half way along the stick bit ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Just shows you the damage that strimmers can do to small trees and saplings

I've checked my interesting wombles which turned out very uninteresting. The vodka and whisky turned out to be more expensive everywhere else. And the 16 beer didn't compare.

Here we go for the best of the bunch

A v M

1x Pom Bear Original Potato Snacks (6x15g) 1.55 1.00
    1x Oreo Original Biscuits 10 Snack Packs (220g) 1.88 1.00
    3x ASDA Florida Style Orange Juice (1l) 3.30 3.00
    4x Cow & Gate 1 First Milk Powder Formula (900g) 36.00 36.00
    1x Warburtons Crumpets (9pk) 1.25 1.00

A v T

1x Barny Milk Kids Sponge Bear 5 Pack (150g) 1.69 1.00
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th May 18, 7:49 PM
    • 2,187 Posts
    • 27,425 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    So, If you get one with credit loaded, then get the o2 code, I wonder if you can use the same sim in different handsets?

..or if they will tell you to 'renew' your code every so often?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19

Won't work with same sim card, as it is specific to telephone number on sim, NOT the actual phone number you are using. I am sure there are plenty of instructions on how to use on a non O2 phone, it is just needing credit on the actual sim that has changed and the usage.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th May 18, 7:51 PM
    • 2,187 Posts
    • 27,425 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Prob easier to explain, one app per sim.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 13th May 18, 7:54 PM
    • 14,688 Posts
    • 236,057 Thanks
    zippydooda
    what a result.

i had a 50 voucher through the post from haven. apologising for the bad weather on my break with them a month or so ago. (weather was not too bad)

the holiday i took was a sun newspaper holiday so did not cost a lot anyway.
    i read the t&c a few times and it says on any holiday with them, also can be combined with other offers. as long as there is 50 at least to pay.

so i wondered if i could use it on another sun newspaper holiday. i live chatted them and they confirmed i could. so after i paid the sun paper 38 i recon i can get a holiday break for practically no more to pay.
    off course i have taken a screen shot of my live chat.

but it will be extremely hard going to haven without my beloved dog, which we took her with us there for 18 years.
    Last edited by zippydooda; 13-05-2018 at 8:01 PM.
    does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

46Posts Today

3,293Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin