Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,774Posts
    • 37,500Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1722
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th May 18, 8:57 AM
    • 36,606 Posts
    • 497,238 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thanks to izz the bizz for keeping us all up to date with the Lidl offers.

These bad boys are 59p for 8 bars. I did a taste test on 2 on the way home yesterday and they are very nice.

Here you can see them photographed amidst the chaos of my dining table yesterday. Today we look slightly less messy

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th May 18, 9:04 AM
    • 36,606 Posts
    • 497,238 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    So progress continues with the kitchen. The fitter is on holiday so it's given us a chance to draw breath and have a good tidy up.

I'm pleased I have 20% off pans on Sparks as I need a set of induction pans. We are having an electric hob installed in the kitchen island but there's no cooker connection and no way of getting one to the island as we have a stone floor. So we have a plug in hob This means we can turn off the Aga in the Summer and hopefully save on our gas bills.

John Lewis rang too and asked if we would be happy to dispose of the cracked sink. Yes very happy. If it doesn't sell for a song at least we will have duplicate fittings/ plugs etc

By the way...has no one got the kettle on yet?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 9:04 AM
    • 53,199 Posts
    • 630,488 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning all
    One if my sister's is doing the moonwalk cant remember when she said it was though, i have just paid in advance
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • Anon
    • By Anon 13th May 18, 9:05 AM
    • 13,503 Posts
    • 150,823 Thanks
    Anon
    I am about to select which programme or film I will sleep through this evening .

It sometimes takes multiple attempts to finish a programme .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I have selected Anon.

Anon
    I spoke too soon. I have no idea what happened ... I fell asleep within the first 15 minutes .

... and another beer gone to waste .

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 13-05-2018 at 9:10 AM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 13th May 18, 9:08 AM
    • 13,503 Posts
    • 150,823 Thanks
    Anon
    RIP Dame Tessa Jowell.

A politician respected across the political divide.

Anon
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 9:09 AM
    • 53,199 Posts
    • 630,488 Thanks
    bubbs
    I spoke too soon. I have no idea what happened ... I fell asleep within first 15 minutes .

Anon
    That's why i wnt bed at 9.30 ish on a sat night just couldnt keep my eyes open
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th May 18, 9:10 AM
    • 36,606 Posts
    • 497,238 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Apparently we will all be wearing these this summer

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th May 18, 9:13 AM
    • 36,606 Posts
    • 497,238 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Hello bubbs,

We've been going to bed early too this past week. One night we went to bed at 9 and fell fast asleep. I woke up at 3 and I'd had my sleep out and was wide awake until I went to work....where I fell asleep.......no joking about that last bit
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 13th May 18, 9:18 AM
    • 20,380 Posts
    • 215,370 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    RIP Dame Tessa Jowell.

Anon
    Very sad, she fought so hard.

Agree she was well respected, if it had been her at the head of labour instead of the current incumbent Labour may well have won the last election.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th May 18, 9:22 AM
    • 53,199 Posts
    • 630,488 Thanks
    bubbs
    Apparently we will all be wearing these this summer

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    dont think so, not for me any how
    Hello bubbs,

We've been going to bed early too this past week. One night we went to bed at 9 and fell fast asleep. I woke up at 3 and I'd had my sleep out and was wide awake until I went to work....where I fell asleep.......no joking about that last bit
    We had hetic weekend last week, then Tuesday i forgot to go to my early morning ,once a fortnight jobso had to go weds, then we out at the theatre and stuffing our faces with food Friday and just all caught up with me i think
    Fell asleep at work least you went i forgot
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th May 18, 9:26 AM
    • 36,606 Posts
    • 497,238 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    RIP Dame Tessa Jowell.

Anon
    Indeed

Highlights from her House of Lords speech

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E82hJ9CwJh0
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 13th May 18, 9:26 AM
    • 686 Posts
    • 8,407 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy

I've bought machine dye & am dyeing some holiday clothes purple as the necks have been ruined by sun tan lotion but apart from that they are great condition,that hopefully will be purple instead of white with discoloured necklines

Thanks TS I found the Williams Sure (22p) in SD - cleared the shelf as you can never have too many deodorants I still have some left from the MOCs from cashpoint all those years ago
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Make sure you thoroughly clean the machine after Snap, especially in and around the seal. I used a black machine dry recently and for weeks had marks on other washing despite regularly wiping around seal. I decided in the end that I wouldn't do it again.

Hopefully you won't have this problem.

SnS
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 13th May 18, 9:27 AM
    • 6,923 Posts
    • 92,256 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    He wears one most days Sarah
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 13th May 18, 9:28 AM
    • 3,070 Posts
    • 39,847 Thanks
    pacifica9
    So progress continues with the kitchen. The fitter is on holiday so it's given us a chance to draw breath and have a good tidy up.

I'm pleased I have 20% off pans on Sparks as I need a set of induction pans. We are having an electric hob installed in the kitchen island but there's no cooker connection and no way of getting one to the island as we have a stone floor. So we have a plug in hob This means we can turn off the Aga in the Summer and hopefully save on our gas bills.

John Lewis rang too and asked if we would be happy to dispose of the cracked sink. Yes very happy. If it doesn't sell for a song at least we will have duplicate fittings/ plugs etc

By the way...has no one got the kettle on yet?
    Good morning Elite.

Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.

Kettle's on......
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 13th May 18, 9:31 AM
    • 36,606 Posts
    • 497,238 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning Elite.

Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.

Kettle's on......
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    About time

You couldn't do me a bacon buttie as well could you?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 13th May 18, 9:32 AM
    • 6,923 Posts
    • 92,256 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Just checked and men can do the moonwalk, for some reason I didnt think they could.

Whos in for it next year then
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th May 18, 9:36 AM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all - we have sunshine and so far this morning, no muck spreading smell, first time in over a week.

OH put on the full series of Level last night and with a struggle I managed to stay awake until the end. As soon as I hit the sofa - cant sit down earlier than 7 because of it - Ronnie takes the best place curled up across my chest, under my chin and then Sophie sprawls across my legs - a big hot cuddly cat heap which means
    i am nodding off very quickly
    Last edited by mhoc; 13-05-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • durham05
    • By durham05 13th May 18, 9:42 AM
    • 1,990 Posts
    • 22,610 Thanks
    durham05
    hi to all, the other day i posted asking if any1 had any good sites for last minute holidays, as had tried the big holiday sites. Someone posted one for cruising, have past that on to a friend who likes cruising. so thanks for that, but I would like holidays in the sun on the beach. I'm not one for the sea. but tia.
    Also I have loads of mcd's tokens that can be swapped for a now tv pass, know a few people use now tv here so if any1 would be interested on using them , drop a pm as they goin in recycle. Think u can claim 3 passes per email.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 13th May 18, 9:54 AM
    • 3,070 Posts
    • 39,847 Thanks
    pacifica9
    About time

You couldn't do me a bacon buttie as well could you?
    Red or brown sauce TM?
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th May 18, 10:11 AM
    • 30,451 Posts
    • 433,114 Thanks
    tweets
    I can't read back so sorry if I've missed anything....is AJ back from her jollies yet?

She's been away months

Little shop from Friday in T

Yoghurt and Tetleys free on COS
    Money off Tyrell's and Ribena on Green Jinn

They had one one those end of aisle cartons out where you can have a good rummage. My heart beats faster when I see it
    I got flour and picallili RTC with good dates
    I used a coupon for 1.45 for the corned beef....Try me for half price

Got back end last week
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,324Posts Today

8,156Users online

Martin's Twitter