Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,834Posts
    • 37,592Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1712
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th May 18, 8:11 AM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• tweets
    • By tweets 11th May 18, 8:14 AM
    • 30,812 Posts
    • 436,469 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

Monday my recording box started being silly and not working proper

I tried fixing it factory settings etc then thought could be tv not box same problem

Struggled til Wednesday googling and not finding answer so ask next door.

He tells me how to check if its box or tv

Its box so I get old farty recording box out and he ho its works but so annoying slow and unreliable.

Get intouch with Amazon about broken box and guarantee didn't run out til next month

They would have sent me new one but none in stock so refunded me full amount and told me send it back

Refund in gift cards and rest in bank this morning . So I have ordered a new Humax box the updated version of one sent back being delivered tomorrow before 1pm

Amazon
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 11th May 18, 8:17 AM
    • 795 Posts
    • 35,260 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Morning all. Thank you Chris. That makes me feel much happier. I was quite disconcerted yesterday!

I have caught up now. Thanks Pepper and Dora too. (I, too, have read your name as Pandora Skids and it took a while looking at the OP!!!8217;s comments before I clocked what it really is!!)
    Originally posted by Picasso7

I have been using this name for years now - it never crossed my mind that it could be read that way!

Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th May 18, 8:39 AM
    • 17,970 Posts
    • 215,427 Thanks
    mhoc
    Oh just to mention I have free Fage yog and Tetley back on my COS
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Please can I ask have you already had the chance had the offers before and done them so this is your 2nd lot?

I tidied the fridge out at the start of the week specifically for Muller and Fage storage so now I have a yogurt shelf
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 11th May 18, 8:48 AM
    • 3,030 Posts
    • 33,624 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Well its another beautiful start to the day....Just a bit more breeze today.....Replanted my cabbage and sprouting broccoli yesterday.....All good this morning and another mouse has gone to heaven....8 now

Have productive days wherever you are and whatever you are doing..Don't forget to smile and be happy.....and remember TFI Friday.........
    39 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 11th May 18, 8:49 AM
    • 795 Posts
    • 35,260 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Please can I ask have you already had the chance had the offers before and done them so this is your 2nd lot?

I tidied the fridge out at the start of the week specifically for Muller and Fage storage so now I have a yogurt shelf
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Most of my fridge space is currently taken up by mullers - I mentioned to DD last night that their favourite cheese is in the Lidl offer next weekend, she reminded me that if we didn't reduce the yogurt mountain there would be no space for cheese
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th May 18, 8:54 AM
    • 20,583 Posts
    • 216,958 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    SSM is showing no coupons for me again! Anyone got the coupons showing on there please?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th May 18, 8:58 AM
    • 20,583 Posts
    • 216,958 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Most of my fridge space is currently taken up by mullers - I mentioned to DD last night that their favourite cheese is in the Lidl offer next weekend, she reminded me that if we didn't reduce the yogurt mountain there would be no space for cheese
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    You can make space for cheese. If you insist on refrigerating it just bung a few freezer blocks in the freezer, use your cool box/bag (surely all Elite have these for emergencies?) as a fridge by rotating those through cool box/freezer, keeps the cheese as cool as the fridge.

Have to say, it is lovely cheese
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th May 18, 9:02 AM
    • 13,635 Posts
    • 152,236 Thanks
    Anon

Originally posted by mhoc
    On CoS it generally shows you the offer if you can claim it - it disappears/knocks off how many you claimed once claimed, so quite straightforward to keep track (once it has processed - so I claimed Tetley at the weekend, it is showing Rewarded under Receipt Activity and is showing as available again). CS isn't as clear and you have to login to the website (not app) where it says you have X redemptions remaining - they also tend to extend offers (even if it disappeared then came back!), whereas CoS offers seem to disappear then appear as a new offer.

Just to add, sometimes on CoS when the offer reappears, it only reappears for those who did not claim last time it was on (I noticed this when some people can see offers and I can't or vice versa - like the Total yoghurt is not showing for me).

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 11-05-2018 at 9:05 AM.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 11th May 18, 9:04 AM
    • 6,961 Posts
    • 92,648 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 11th May 18, 9:18 AM
    • 3,859 Posts
    • 22,148 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Good morning beautiful people

Sun is out again so no need to take my vit D tablets.
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 11th May 18, 9:25 AM
    • 3,169 Posts
    • 38,143 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    FREE ON COS/Q at A/M

• braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 11th May 18, 9:50 AM
    • 2,683 Posts
    • 31,758 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Fwiday Fweebie WonTwo Costalot Coughee
    It is basically a GC for 2.45 to spend today only.
    20p off for using travel mug.
    What Costa sizes mean:
    http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/news/947-our-coffee-cup-overflows-with-jargon.htl

Possible prices:
    https://uk.menuwithprice.com/costa-coffee-menu/

So for hot drinks using own mug you get 2.65 value against what you buy.

If you want anything else but more expensive, pay the difference.

And no harm and trying 2 GCs at the same time, they can only say no.

Watch out, I bought a coughee priced at 1.95 and the suspected manager serving me asked how much Wontwo voucher was for, I answered honestly "up to 2.45" .I watched the till display and the cheating so and so amended the price to 2.45 .
    If someone does that to me again I am going to ask for receipt to put the frighteners on them and maybe mumble "trading standards"
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th May 18, 10:04 AM
    • 15,204 Posts
    • 259,186 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning

%*!" Foot

When is it going to get better?

Has taken the buzz off my holiday imagining I'm going to be sunbed bound

And those things that pop into your brain at night... no travel insurance email or postal pack received
    It tracked on Q - looked into account & yes I am insured
    But would like the 1.99 paperwork please
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 11th May 18, 10:15 AM
    • 795 Posts
    • 35,260 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    You can make space for cheese. If you insist on refrigerating it just bung a few freezer blocks in the freezer, use your cool box/bag (surely all Elite have these for emergencies?) as a fridge by rotating those through cool box/freezer, keeps the cheese as cool as the fridge.

Have to say, it is lovely cheese
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Do I not have to keep cheese refrigerated? Yes, I have a cool bag - great suggestion, thanks
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 11th May 18, 10:31 AM
    • 16,505 Posts
    • 196,946 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Do I not have to keep cheese refrigerated? Yes, I have a cool bag - great suggestion, thanks
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    Cheese never lasts in my house

Does anyone know if the mullers are working today please? x
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th May 18, 10:31 AM
    • 17,970 Posts
    • 215,427 Thanks
    mhoc
    SSM is showing no coupons for me again! Anyone got the coupons showing on there please?
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I can confirm that they are not showing for me either - on my own or on OHs account

I am wondering if they stagger the MOCs - once a certain number have been printed they shut the page down.
    I printed some yesterday and these have June 8th dates on them - maybe the page will show coupons again after this date?
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th May 18, 10:33 AM
    • 15,204 Posts
    • 259,186 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Quiz
    sweeties was yesterday's smartest player!

20 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Friday): *** FunTrivia Mixed Bag

Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th May 18, 10:37 AM
    • 17,970 Posts
    • 215,427 Thanks
    mhoc
    Awww come on, he is worth that much is he not?
    (Or buy them separate ya steep woman!)
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I did actually treat OH last night.

I went looking for the reduced rail in Asda George but I was sadly disappointed so I had a look at mens shirts instead and found this one - navy background with little white sail boats - perfect cruising shirt

https://direct.asda.com/george/mens-shirts/boat-print-short-sleeve-shirt/GEM630874,default,pd.html

But there are a few others that I know OH would not like but they look fab - there is a parrot one and one with flamingos on them - suitable not the neon pink flamingoes. Also a very subtle pineapple one
    Last edited by mhoc; 11-05-2018 at 10:40 AM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th May 18, 10:42 AM
    • 17,970 Posts
    • 215,427 Thanks
    mhoc
    This was last nights shop - do not buy Sherbert fountains

wipes were for TCB with 30p cashback

1x Barratt Sherbet Fountain (25g) 0.25 0.35
    1x ASDA Chicken Casserole Mix (35g) 0.25 N/A
    2x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) 1.36 0.70
    2x Muller Corner Red Cherry Yogurt (150g) 1.36 1.00
    2x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) 1.36 0.70
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x ASDA No Added Sugar Raspberry Flavour Jelly (11.5g) 0.33 N/A
    1x ASDA Beef in Ale Casserole Mix (32g) 0.23 N/A
    2x Muller Corner Blueberry Yogurt (150g) 1.36 1.00
    1x Huggies Pure Single Wipes (56pk) 1.00 0.80
    1x ASDA No Added Sugar Orange Flavour Jelly (11.5g) 0.33 N/A
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,094Posts Today

8,588Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin