Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,548Posts
    • 36,912Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1711
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th May 18, 10:56 PM
    • 27,868 Posts
    • 383,784 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Whoopsies were good, sorry no pics, I just wanted to get it all packed away.

Lots of penny bargains including 5 bags of potatoes, 2 pots of Bombay pots, carrots and peas with minted butter, beetroot, salad tomatoes, organic houmous, and couple of fruit pots 2p each, and some salad bowls 3p, ham and egg and goats cheese.

Got some meat too, burgers, mince, chicken all about 75% off happy with that.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th May 18, 11:02 PM
    • 27,868 Posts
    • 383,784 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    He puts up with you doesnt he??

Originally posted by davemorton
    I think any man would put up with a woman holding his sherbert dab.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 10th May 18, 11:05 PM
    • 14,848 Posts
    • 237,502 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Whoopsies were good, sorry no pics, I just wanted to get it all packed away.

Lots of penny bargains including 5 bags of potatoes, 2 pots of Bombay pots, carrots and peas with minted butter, beetroot, salad tomatoes, organic houmous, and couple of fruit pots 2p each, and some salad bowls 3p, ham and egg and goats cheese.

Got some meat too, burgers, mince, chicken all about 75% off happy with that.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    i got a 12.5kg bag of spuds from asda tonight. reduced to 1
    they were next to cs so i paid there with a cra99y womble for 95p.
    = 5p to pay with my phone i said jokingly that the debit transaction would cost asda more than the 5p. she agreed and didnt charge me the 5p
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 10th May 18, 11:05 PM
    • 2,990 Posts
    • 32,022 Thanks
    curl girl
    Well done ts with your whoopsies.
    I called in T at around 6pm still expensive in my store only about 20% off and hardly anything left!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th May 18, 11:07 PM
    • 27,868 Posts
    • 383,784 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    i got a 12.5kg bag of spuds from asda tonight. reduced to 1
    they were next to cs so i paid there with a cra99y womble for 95p.
    = 5p to pay with my phone i said jokingly that the debit transaction would cost asda more than the 5p. she agreed and didnt charge me the 5p
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    So I have paid 5p more than you.

Well done for the cheek of it.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th May 18, 11:13 PM
    • 27,868 Posts
    • 383,784 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Well done ts with your whoopsies.
    I called in T at around 6pm still expensive in my store only about 20% off and hardly anything left!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Thanks, I hung around tonight was there from about 7.15 and didn't get back home until nearly 9pm

I missed the first lot of fruit and veg so thought I had missed my chance.

I do find you can't always rely on what you see on the shelves in our store, they seem to bring out more than they take out the back to reduce. I think if there is a lot of one thing it gets taken straight out the back first. Not sure how they work it.

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th May 18, 11:25 PM
    • 26,509 Posts
    • 320,511 Thanks
    davemorton
    !!!!!!! spineless, not one of them can give an honest point of view, one way or another!
    Edit: one does, well almost.
    Last edited by davemorton; 10-05-2018 at 11:27 PM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 11th May 18, 6:17 AM
    • 389 Posts
    • 11,878 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Good morning

Muller triggers still not showing on A website so hopefully we're good to go again today
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 11th May 18, 6:20 AM
    • 3,286 Posts
    • 49,820 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning. It's Friday. Roll on weekend
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th May 18, 6:29 AM
    • 3,724 Posts
    • 38,336 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning.

Mrsmac its that time again. I was wondering if you knew any superduper offers on Coco Madmoiselle? B@@Ts have 100mls for 95, that's got 10 off at the moment but on 18th may there's 10 worth of points but surely by then they will have removed the offer so it would be better to buy it now.
    So after all my ramblings I wondered if you knew a better offer.
    Also our local does not stock it but I could order it o line with tcb.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 12.5lb
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th May 18, 6:33 AM
    • 35,204 Posts
    • 485,985 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning paw sniffers,

Apologies for dipping in and out

Work is

Kitchen is

House is in chaos as one job leads to another

Life is busy

I long for normality to return.

The kitchen fitter is now on holiday....right in the middle of the work which should have been finished One delay after another has had a knock on effect. The latest is a bent oven from AO which of course we didn't check when it arrived. It sat in the box in the garage until the minute we needed it. Opened it to find the top of it crushed lesson learnt.

AO have been great as were John Lewis with the cracked sink so that's positive.

So I haven't much of a clue what's happening with everyone but hope birthdays are being enjoyed and everyone is tucking into their mullers

Catch you later peeps. I have a honker on the drive
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th May 18, 6:35 AM
    • 35,204 Posts
    • 485,985 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Oh just to mention I have free Fage yog and Tetley back on my COS
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • gocat
    • By gocat 11th May 18, 6:47 AM
    • 5,163 Posts
    • 60,030 Thanks
    gocat
    Interesting, were you on mobile data or wifi? If you were on wifi I would definitely be getting paranoid too
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Wifi.
    Its a conspiracy I tellya

Morning all
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 11th May 18, 6:48 AM
    • 3,979 Posts
    • 54,795 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning.

Mrsmac its that time again. I was wondering if you knew any superduper offers on Coco Madmoiselle? B@@Ts have 100mls for 95, that's got 10 off at the moment but on 18th may there's 10 worth of points but surely by then they will have removed the offer so it would be better to buy it now.
    So after all my ramblings I wondered if you knew a better offer.
    Also our local does not stock it but I could order it o line with tcb.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Morning Di

If its the usual 10 worth of points for every 50 spent then you would be better waiting as it would be 85.

My last really good one was using a card with 100 which had been 15% off then 20 of points on 100 spend

Do you have family that work in bigger industries that get discounts on cards Mine was from my days with Mcd's

HTH
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th May 18, 7:01 AM
    • 3,724 Posts
    • 38,336 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Morning Di

If its the usual 10 worth of points for every 50 spent then you would be better waiting as it would be 85.

My last really good one was using a card with 100 which had been 15% off then 20 of points on 100 spend

Do you have family that work in bigger industries that get discounts on cards Mine was from my days with Mcd's

HTH
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Thank you, I was thinking it would be the one lot of 10 points but you could be right, my sister works for the nos and I have a feeling they get a percentage off. The only problem there would be the points would be on her card but that woukdnt really matter. Ill go and research now, thank you
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 12.5lb
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 11th May 18, 7:20 AM
    • 3,793 Posts
    • 37,105 Thanks
    Picasso7
    You need to buy at least 8 different items that show on the APG Picasso (that includes n/a's so you have 10 items showing)

Only 1 of your items need to be "comparable" to get an APG
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Morning all. Thank you Chris. That makes me feel much happier. I was quite disconcerted yesterday!

I have caught up now. Thanks Pepper and Dora too. (I, too, have read your name as Pandora Skids and it took a while looking at the OP!!!8217;s comments before I clocked what it really is!!)
    Last edited by Picasso7; 11-05-2018 at 7:31 AM.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 11th May 18, 7:37 AM
    • 26,509 Posts
    • 320,511 Thanks
    davemorton
    Morning all, its a very tired Friday
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th May 18, 7:46 AM
    • 13,011 Posts
    • 146,609 Thanks
    Anon
    Bother! Just realised I didn't get to A yesterday and have a quite large apg that has now expired as a result .

I really do need to pay closer attention to dates .

A bad start to the day!

Anon
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th May 18, 8:02 AM
    • 19,680 Posts
    • 210,906 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, another sunny morning with a few clouds around.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 11th May 18, 8:08 AM
    • 2,990 Posts
    • 32,022 Thanks
    curl girl
    Thanks Dora, I found a little A that stocks the cb but the shelf was empty, I'm passing today and hope they've restocked.

Di, it's bank holiday again soon and the shops normally do offers if you can wait!
    Wasn't it you who was looking for this last year?

Morning peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,804Posts Today

9,343Users online

Martin's Twitter