Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,543Posts
    • 36,893Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1708
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th May 18, 4:57 PM
    • 17,483 Posts
    • 211,548 Thanks
    mhoc
    Cheesey people here too! Rarely eaten with date and yes, at times, a fair bit of 'trimming' goes on. Our stack is sadly depleted as DH aka Grumpy Knickers, has taken to providing 'snacks' when he and his friends go to the micro pub in the next village, he has used up the real french pre Christmas Roquefort that wasn't even runny yet and the post Christmas Stilton.

I will rephrase 'he and his friends go' in reality I take them and pick them up 2 hours later, they are all deaf and only Grumps wears his hearing aids, the conversations are unreal at times!! MY BF calls it my second voluntary job, 'P P P Pick up a Pensioner'!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Will they eat the Castello Brie that is on Q clicksnappy - its 1 cashback and 1.50 in A ... it might keep them away from the cheese that need to be matured a while longer
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th May 18, 5:03 PM
    • 17,483 Posts
    • 211,548 Thanks
    mhoc
    Cheesey people here too! Rarely eaten with date and yes, at times, a fair bit of 'trimming' goes on. Our stack is sadly depleted as DH aka Grumpy Knickers, has taken to providing 'snacks' when he and his friends go to the micro pub in the next village, he has used up the real french pre Christmas Roquefort that wasn't even runny yet and the post Christmas Stilton.

I will rephrase 'he and his friends go' in reality I take them and pick them up 2 hours later, they are all deaf and only Grumps wears his hearing aids, the conversations are unreal at times!! MY BF calls it my second voluntary job, 'P P P Pick up a Pensioner'!
    This is weird.

On the Google Calender I have got a mystery even on Saturday 12th of May, - its been bugging me for days now - its a repeat event but only ever 26 weeks on a Saturday but this is the first - ie twice a year.
    All it says is
    PPP
    Have I got to collect a pensioner from somewhere and I've forgotten who and where.
    I would put a picture up but the reminder has my name and emails etc but I swear that's what it says PPP
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 10th May 18, 5:03 PM
    • 3,331 Posts
    • 34,906 Thanks
    pippo
    Will they eat the Castello Brie that is on Q clicksnappy - its 1 cashback and 1.50 in A ... it might keep them away from the cheese that need to be matured a while longer
    Originally posted by mhoc
    They would, but BF & I rather like that with some of the glitchy wine, my homemade chutney and Jacobs toasts from our local bargain shop!... I buy it every time there's cashback
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 10th May 18, 5:04 PM
    • 3,723 Posts
    • 38,331 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Was this yesterday Di? Or were you up & about very early this morning? x
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    Sorry Dora it was from yesterday.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 12.5lb
    • pippo
    • By pippo 10th May 18, 5:06 PM
    • 3,331 Posts
    • 34,906 Thanks
    pippo
    Still need to catch up properly, but the pub calls!!
    Have to have a drink with the kind friend who is taking us to the airport at 3.30 am on Sunday!!

PS, hope my holiday request was sanctioned!
    • gocat
    • By gocat 10th May 18, 5:10 PM
    • 5,159 Posts
    • 60,010 Thanks
    gocat
    They would, but BF & I rather like that with some of the glitchy wine, my homemade chutney and Jacobs toasts from our local bargain shop!... I buy it every time there's cashback
    Every time you put BF, I think you mean boyfriend
    Enjoy your hols
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 10th May 18, 5:43 PM
    • 2,882 Posts
    • 38,288 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    Happy Birthday Emerald - hope you're having a great day.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 10th May 18, 5:48 PM
    • 2,667 Posts
    • 7,592 Thanks
    pepper77
    Hello everyone. No time to catch up but thought I'd post the yoghurt results from this morning in case it helps anyone. AvS

1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    4x Muller Corner Red Cherry Yogurt (150g) 2.72 2.00
    2x Muller Light Fat Free Orange with Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) 1.36 0.70
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) 0.68 0.35
    0.1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Parsnips (order by number of parsnips or select kg) (per kg) 0.11 0.13
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    0.08x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.06 0.06
    0.16x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.08 0.09
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.13 N/A
    1x ASDA 50% Less Fat Creamy Coleslaw (600g) 1.00 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) 6.37 4.03

Almost missed out on the 8 items as the loose banana and the coleslaw didn't count as the comparison so it only compared 8 different items. It's the first time I've needed the two extra items I always add to a shop. I bought the bakewell yoghurt as the trigger and didn't count that as I knew it wouldn't show on the APG.

APG was for 2.75 so the yoghurts cost me 25p! Wasn't sure about some of the flavours to shifted to corners.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    Of course they counted towards your ten items.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th May 18, 6:21 PM
    • 10,133 Posts
    • 116,460 Thanks
    emerald21
    Happy birthday Emerald and hope you enjoyed your day out in Liverpool yesterday

Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Thank you mrsmac and yes I did.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th May 18, 6:24 PM
    • 10,133 Posts
    • 116,460 Thanks
    emerald21
    Happy Birthday Emerald Have a lovely day. xx

I've been getting all my freebies for my birthday month coming through too.

PE free bottle of Prosecco Hope it will work with O2 5 codes. And got another offer from them for free dough balls today. I may get a hattrick if they all work together.

Bit disappointed with my sparks one this year, last couple it's been a fiver to spend on anything. This year it's 10% off food and 20% off clothing, beauty and homeware. I have been sent the vouchers and loaded them to my card so not sure if I will get 2 goes. Maybe if I use them in certain order I might?
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    It does work with the 02 codes
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th May 18, 6:26 PM
    • 10,133 Posts
    • 116,460 Thanks
    emerald21
    Has anyone got the O2 freebie from Holland and Barrett yet, charcoal toothpaste? Have visions of black teeth.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Yes I ve used it and it's ok . Better than the powder one I used before. Once you dipped the toothbrush in it and switched it on it went everywhere lol.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th May 18, 6:28 PM
    • 10,133 Posts
    • 116,460 Thanks
    emerald21
    Happy Birthday Emerald

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Yes that's me lol Thank you .
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th May 18, 6:30 PM
    • 10,133 Posts
    • 116,460 Thanks
    emerald21
    Love this. Is that why you chose the name Emerald.

Happy Birthday
    Originally posted by gocat
    Yes that's right as it's my birth stone
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th May 18, 6:39 PM
    • 10,133 Posts
    • 116,460 Thanks
    emerald21
    I would like to thank all of you who wished me Happy Birthday today.

I ve had a nice day and the weathers been good too always a bonus.

I did a bit in the garden first thing then went to town and collected a few birthday freebies Cream cake and a bottle of Coke Zero from Greggs, a cookie from Subway and 5 off The Body Shop.

Had a mint milk shake at Cafe Nero then went to The Beeches for my free meal . I had a steak, fries, peas and tomato !!!127813; worth 16 odd. Went with Lee and Dawn, Darren was working.

Then I went to Broughton which is a shopping centre and bought pj s reduced to 4 from 15 and a dress for 3 from 15 from the Asda there. Had lots of nice cards and presents
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th May 18, 6:45 PM
    • 27,868 Posts
    • 383,784 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Well days like this when I am in a world of my own, I knew there was a reason why I have not been to Ts yet.

https://www.facebook.com/bournemouthdailyecho/videos/10155765998767832

Honestly watch the video I would never have got their with my low profile tyres and walking well you will see.

I have been so wrapped up in my little world I have no idea if it has affected our water, we are close enough it should have, but I haven't even had my shower yet today, one of those days. Mr TS just had his so guessing we are ok now as it's electric shower and water comes straight from the mains.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th May 18, 6:58 PM
    • 27,868 Posts
    • 383,784 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Just thought it might be a good whoopsie night. If people stayed away from the Ts that is on that flooded roundabout.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 10th May 18, 7:09 PM
    • 3,975 Posts
    • 54,775 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    TS Thanks for the pictures of your finds in SD I managed a couple Not sure who would use it so only spent 4.00 They also have lots of tights RTC

I have been very lucky this week with Tesco, Morries and SD
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th May 18, 7:10 PM
    • 52,384 Posts
    • 624,539 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    I know its Emerald's birthday so i made a cake
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3lb
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th May 18, 7:20 PM
    • 10,133 Posts
    • 116,460 Thanks
    emerald21
    Evening all
    I know its Emerald's birthday so i made a cake
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Yum yum bubbs thank you
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th May 18, 7:22 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 194,599 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Happy birthday Em, it is also my new DIL's birthday today.

xxxx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

71Posts Today

2,409Users online

Martin's Twitter