Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,650Posts
    • 37,083Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1705
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 10th May 18, 8:49 AM
    • 3,894 Posts
    • 39,766 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    14 items (11 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    2x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) 1.36 0.70
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Cherry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Malibu Caribbean White Rum with Coconut Flavour (70cl) 12.00 12.00
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Orange with Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    3x Nivea Caring Shower Cream Indulging Moisture Cashmere (250ml) 4.05 3.00
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Tia Maria Dark Coffee Liqueur (70cl) 15.00 11.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Raspberry & Cranberry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    Comparison total (compared products only) 37.17 29.65
    +7.52 cheaper
    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations
    Froctober 0.00 NSD 0/31
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 10th May 18, 8:52 AM
    • 3,894 Posts
    • 39,766 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    In As yesterday with my mum and i casually said to her do you want to look in george? Half an hour and 16 later I had 9 items of clothing everything was 2 each and one item I discovered didn't have a label so she must have just thrown them in. Total original price a was 103
    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations
    Froctober 0.00 NSD 0/31
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th May 18, 9:22 AM
    • 20,040 Posts
    • 213,044 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all We had overnight rain to water the garden, now we have sunshine with a few clouds

It's funny how different things remind us of different Elite, I have just been eating stinky OOD cheese (camembert) and thought of E.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Not quite sure how to take that one

DD3 passed her theory test today.
    Well done that girl

Good morning all

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    We have a pub near us with that sign outside too, I smile everytime I see it

Happy birthday Emerald
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th May 18, 9:44 AM
    • 20,040 Posts
    • 213,044 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I think I'm going soft, I have just ordered another cage for our conures purely so we can put them outside in the sunshine

That said, they will be going to a friend's house when we are on holiday and it will be ideal for that too.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th May 18, 9:53 AM
    • 28,137 Posts
    • 385,891 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Good morning all We had overnight rain to water the garden, now we have sunshine with a few clouds

Not quite sure how to take that one

Well done that girl

We have a pub near us with that sign outside too, I smile everytime I see it

Happy birthday Emerald
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Morning

Well I think of you as our fine cheese connoisseur.

Cheese fridge is still well stocked this year after xmas and extra bits I buy RTC from the Ts deli, as we never did do our usual cheese and wine this year.

Some deli chilli cheese I got about month ago has started to get a white bloom, guess because it's been handled rather than pre packed, you would have thought the chilli would kill anything off. Mr TS did his usual knife scrapping and all was well. Still another couple of pieces to go though.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th May 18, 9:58 AM
    • 28,137 Posts
    • 385,891 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Happy Birthday Emerald Have a lovely day. xx

I've been getting all my freebies for my birthday month coming through too.

PE free bottle of Prosecco Hope it will work with O2 5 codes. And got another offer from them for free dough balls today. I may get a hattrick if they all work together.

Bit disappointed with my sparks one this year, last couple it's been a fiver to spend on anything. This year it's 10% off food and 20% off clothing, beauty and homeware. I have been sent the vouchers and loaded them to my card so not sure if I will get 2 goes. Maybe if I use them in certain order I might?

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th May 18, 10:13 AM
    • 20,040 Posts
    • 213,044 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Morning

Well I think of you as our fine cheese connoisseur.

Cheese fridge is still well stocked this year after xmas and extra bits I buy RTC from the Ts deli, as we never did do our usual cheese and wine this year.

Some deli chilli cheese I got about month ago has started to get a white bloom, guess because it's been handled rather than pre packed, you would have thought the chilli would kill anything off. Mr TS did his usual knife scrapping and all was well. Still another couple of pieces to go though.
    That's funny, I have always thought of you as the cheese
    connoisseur on here!

Have to admit we are slacking, we only have 5 different cheeses in the cheese box at the moment

We do spend a bit of time slicing off bloom or mould, can never understand why people throw away mouldy cheese. Nearly lynched DD one time when we went on holiday and she decided to get rid of some out of date cheese from the fridge, I had been storing some nice brie that was just getting ripe, it was 3 months out of date and she chucked it out We never eat brie in date

One thing we have sitting there and have not tried yet though, a truckle of wensleydale with chocolate and orange, should be interesting.
    • nettiebobs
    • By nettiebobs 10th May 18, 10:18 AM
    • 263 Posts
    • 2,660 Thanks
    nettiebobs
    Ggrrrrr, COS really makes me mad. Clipper tea, which I drink loads of, was free and last night and had 1 day left. This morning......gone!
    Yet other stuff seems to have a countdown with hours left showing. Can anybody explain why this is? Thanks.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th May 18, 10:30 AM
    • 28,137 Posts
    • 385,891 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    That's funny, I have always thought of you as the cheese
    connoisseur on here!

Have to admit we are slacking, we only have 5 different cheeses in the cheese box at the moment

We do spend a bit of time slicing off bloom or mould, can never understand why people throw away mouldy cheese. Nearly lynched DD one time when we went on holiday and she decided to get rid of some out of date cheese from the fridge, I had been storing some nice brie that was just getting ripe, it was 3 months out of date and she chucked it out We never eat brie in date

One thing we have sitting there and have not tried yet though, a truckle of wensleydale with chocolate and orange, should be interesting.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I did say "fine" cheese connoisseur

I've got 3 wax truckles of whisky cheese in a little wooden box from xmas that are only in the larder. I keep saying to Mr TS don't you think we should put them in the fridge now but he thinks they will be fine. I hope so, I won't be eating them anyway, don't like whisky. To be honest the larder was as cold as a fridge through the winter but now it's not so we will see.

I've got prepacked Mexican cheeses from after xmas and they are still fine just the deli ones with the bloom. I had to chuck a huge chunk of Wensleydale with cranberry out It got opened at xmas and I didn't wrap it well just left it in the original wrapper folded over, it went green. I mean proper green through the cheese I wasn't eating that.

The deli in my Ts if you hit it right time brings out reductions before the main whoopsie time and they are 90% off usually so have had some lovely bits of brie for 20 odd pence.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th May 18, 10:32 AM
    • 28,137 Posts
    • 385,891 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Ggrrrrr, COS really makes me mad. Clipper tea, which I drink loads of, was free and last night and had 1 day left. This morning......gone!
    Yet other stuff seems to have a countdown with hours left showing. Can anybody explain why this is? Thanks.
    Originally posted by nettiebobs
    I noticed that nettie.

I couldn't be bothered going yesterday and was going to go this morning but haven't bothered yet with not the offer of both the squash and tea I will go later for whoopsies and hope the squash is still in stock.

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th May 18, 10:35 AM
    • 20,040 Posts
    • 213,044 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I did say "fine" cheese connoisseur

I've got 3 wax truckles of whisky cheese in a little wooden box from xmas that are only in the larder. I keep saying to Mr TS don't you think we should put them in the fridge now but he thinks they will be fine. I hope so, I won't be eating them anyway, don't like whisky. To be honest the larder was as cold as a fridge through the winter but now it's not so we will see.

I've got prepacked Mexican cheeses from after xmas and they are still fine just the deli ones with the bloom. I had to chuck a huge chunk of Wensleydale with cranberry out It got opened at xmas and I didn't wrap it well just left it in the original wrapper folded over, it went green. I mean proper green through the cheese I wasn't eating that.

The deli in my Ts if you hit it right time brings out reductions before the main whoopsie time and they are 90% off usually so have had some lovely bits of brie for 20 odd pence.
    The wax truckles can be stored anywhere, they will be fine. To be honest most cheese can actually be stored outside of the fridge so long as it does not get too hot, if I need extra room in the fridge the first thing that gets booted is the cheese which goes into the glory hole

Right, I'm off out, see if our local shop does the fabric I want, I very much doubt it but have to try.
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 10th May 18, 10:36 AM
    • 539 Posts
    • 22,499 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Aawww no thats bought me back down to earth with a bump
    Perhaps I need to drop into a couple of Boots and weigh myself to see which ones are accurate. Mine or GPs lol
    Originally posted by gocat
    I've no idea what I weigh, I haven't weighed myself for years I just go by how I feel and how my clothes fit (or not )
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th May 18, 10:36 AM
    • 28,137 Posts
    • 385,891 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Has anyone got the O2 freebie from Holland and Barrett yet, charcoal toothpaste? Have visions of black teeth.

• nettiebobs
    • By nettiebobs 10th May 18, 10:37 AM
    • 263 Posts
    • 2,660 Thanks
    nettiebobs
    I noticed that nettie.

I couldn't be bothered going yesterday and was going to go this morning but haven't bothered yet with not the offer of both the squash and tea I will go later for whoopsies and hope the squash is still in stock.
    Can you believe it. Clipper tea just come back on, only 1 cashback now. GGGrrr. Flippin unfair.
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 10th May 18, 10:41 AM
    • 539 Posts
    • 22,499 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    14 items (11 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    2x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) 1.36 0.70
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Cherry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Malibu Caribbean White Rum with Coconut Flavour (70cl) 12.00 12.00
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Orange with Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    3x Nivea Caring Shower Cream Indulging Moisture Cashmere (250ml) 4.05 3.00
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Tia Maria Dark Coffee Liqueur (70cl) 15.00 11.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Raspberry & Cranberry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    Comparison total (compared products only) 37.17 29.65
    +7.52 cheaper
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Was this yesterday Di? Or were you up & about very early this morning? x
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • inna
    • By inna 10th May 18, 10:45 AM
    • 574 Posts
    • 10,229 Thanks
    inna
    Same here, but if you click claim button and go though to tesco it's still there showing as free

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 10th May 18, 10:57 AM
    • 28,137 Posts
    • 385,891 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Can you believe it. Clipper tea just come back on, only 1 cashback now. GGGrrr. Flippin unfair.
    Same here, but if you click claim button and go though to tesco it's still there showing as free
    Originally posted by inna
    Thanks inna I can see both offers when I click through, wonder if the free offer will still be ok if only bought today though.

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th May 18, 10:58 AM
    • 17,688 Posts
    • 213,000 Thanks
    mhoc
    Has anyone got the O2 freebie from Holland and Barrett yet, charcoal toothpaste? Have visions of black teeth.
    Yes, we got ours on Monday, just after it went live - the theory being that sometimes if you get the freebie on Monday it refreshes later in the week - it hasnt
    We are offering them to the offspring - def not trying charcoal toothpaste ourselves
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 10th May 18, 10:58 AM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Happy birthday Emerald and hope you enjoyed your day out in Liverpool yesterday

Originally posted by mrsmac10

Hope you are OK MrsMac x
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 10th May 18, 10:59 AM
    • 20,404 Posts
    • 265,897 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Look what I found on a womble

1.50 back on COS

A v M

1x Heineken Premium Lager Beer Draught-Keg (5l) 16.00 16.00
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

Thank you! Still ridiculous price if we are going to buy it - although 1.50 free for you. Several other 5L kegs look to be still 10 in M (outside of Scotland at least) - they are already on the list from last time, with me querying whether they had returned to full price as I saw online afterwards. I have now seen instore again. They are showing full price online - there may be a different price instore as all of my Ms that had the products were displaying 10 yesterday.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 10-05-2018 at 11:02 AM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 704-707 inclusive; "Buy in M": post 707 onwards.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

153Posts Today

1,231Users online

Martin's Twitter