Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,425Posts
    • 36,735Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1702
    • underperky
    • By underperky 9th May 18, 7:12 PM
    • 5,038 Posts
    • 64,127 Thanks
    underperky
    Happy Birthday Marmite
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th May 18, 7:12 PM
    • 51,666 Posts
    • 619,846 Thanks
    bubbs
    Two young businessmen in Florida were sitting down for a break in their
    soon-to-be new store in the shopping mall. As yet, the store wasn't ready,
    with only a few shelves and display racks set up.

One said to the other, "I'll bet that any minute now some senior is going
    to walk by, put his face to the window, and ask what we're selling."

Sure enough, just a moment later, a curious senior gentleman walked up to
    the window, looked around intensely and rapped on the glass, then in a
    loud voice asked, "What are you selling here?"

One of the men replied sarcastically, "We're selling !!!-holes."

Without skipping a beat, the old timer said, "You must be doing well. Only
    two left."

Seniors -- don't mess with them, They didn't get old by being stupid!
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 9th May 18, 7:23 PM
    • 5,366 Posts
    • 95,052 Thanks
    scamps1966
    fn/f5 may enable your touchpad.
    Tried all fn/F numbers also uninstalling and reinstalling mouse in device management.

The main thing that I've seen is that a lot of people have had this problem when upgrading to Windows 10, but I've had this for over a year! Never had this problem befoe. I just can't understand why it works in safe mode and not normal though!
    • michaels
    • By michaels 9th May 18, 7:26 PM
    • 20,691 Posts
    • 95,754 Thanks
    michaels
    Tried all fn/F numbers also uninstalling and reinstalling mouse in device management.

The main thing that I've seen is that a lot of people have had this problem when upgrading to Windows 10, but I've had this for over a year! Never had this problem befoe. I just can't understand why it works in safe mode and not normal though!
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Has it gone into tablet mode?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th May 18, 7:27 PM
    • 19,283 Posts
    • 208,237 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

Have you tried the combinations of fn and F numbers? What make of computer is it?

The only other thing I can suggest is a System Restore!
    Last edited by Enterprise 1701C; 09-05-2018 at 7:29 PM.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th May 18, 7:29 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 144,787 Thanks
    Anon
    Good evening.

Not sure if national but our little A has RTC on a load of different cat and dog foods.
    Eg

Pedigree/ButcherS 1.75 for 6 cans
    Schmakos multi 20 80p

Whiskas 12x100g 1.50

Purina 800g 2.87

Gocat senior 1.18

Plus others

HTH

Anon
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th May 18, 7:34 PM
    • 29,183 Posts
    • 424,087 Thanks
    tweets
    ive been trying to keep up to date but sometimes its impossible...hows mum? has she managed a few steps yet? often when problems like hers happen the 'patient' gets frightened of walking in case they fall, but often they wont admit it, it can take a while for her to build up trust with her carer to then have the confidence to try
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    Last saw mum on Monday and she not walking

Will be going tomorrow so will have an update then
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • gocat
    • By gocat 9th May 18, 7:34 PM
    • 5,099 Posts
    • 59,584 Thanks
    gocat
    The GP scales probably see a lot more traffic and i'm going to hazard a guess that they are not going to be calibrated very often (if at all )

I'm at the age now where i'm going to start refusing, last time the GP asked me my weight so I told her, she didn't believe me and asked me to step on the bloody scales. So from now on they can either believe me or lump it
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Aawww no thats bought me back down to earth with a bump
    Perhaps I need to drop into a couple of Boots and weigh myself to see which ones are accurate. Mine or GPs lol
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 9th May 18, 7:41 PM
    • 5,366 Posts
    • 95,052 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Has it gone into tablet mode?
    Originally posted by michaels

I don't think it has tablet mode.

Edit - It has, I just searched for it. But all looks ok. It has to ask my permission to switch.
    Have you tried the combinations of fn and F numbers? What make of computer is it?

The only other thing I can suggest is a System Restore!
    It's a Sony Vaio model PCG-71911M

All the system restores have gone also apart from windows update at 2am this morning. When I tried to restore to that point it said it couldn't due to antivirus. Could that be it?

But then, I was up until 5am chatting to a mate on skype and then used it again at 10am with no problem.

I was in the middle of writing an email when it dissapeared!
    Last edited by scamps1966; 09-05-2018 at 7:45 PM.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th May 18, 7:41 PM
    • 29,183 Posts
    • 424,087 Thanks
    tweets
    Happy Birthday Marmite

JTS (((X)))
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th May 18, 7:43 PM
    • 29,183 Posts
    • 424,087 Thanks
    tweets

All the system restores have gone also apart from windows update at 2am this morning. When I tried to restore to that point it said it couldn't due to antivirus. Could that be it?

But then, I was up until 5am chatting to a mate on skype and then used it again at 10am with no problem.

I had an update this morning but I didn't lose my cursor

Can you uninstall the last updates and see what happens ?
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 9th May 18, 7:48 PM
    • 4,279 Posts
    • 93,007 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Aawww no thats bought me back down to earth with a bump
    Perhaps I need to drop into a couple of Boots and weigh myself to see which ones are accurate. Mine or GPs lol
    Originally posted by gocat
    Don't place your happiness in a number

Easier just to stick to one set of scales and not to muddy the waters.

I was at the hospital back in Jan, and now I don'teven trust them to stick to the tape measure on the wall correctly to measure height! She read out the number and I'm like no way have I lost an inch and half, she says oh don'tworry we only worry when you've lost 3! Needless to say I went home and measured myself accurately and I was the height I said I was. She didn't seem to care that it screwed up their calculations.
    Last edited by Westvleteren; 09-05-2018 at 8:14 PM.
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 9th May 18, 7:50 PM
    • 2,534 Posts
    • 29,719 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Happy Birthday marmie x
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 9th May 18, 8:03 PM
    • 5,366 Posts
    • 95,052 Thanks
    scamps1966
    I had an update this morning but I didn't lose my cursor

Can you uninstall the last updates and see what happens ?
    Originally posted by tweets
    Just tried that. Still the same.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th May 18, 8:04 PM
    • 19,283 Posts
    • 208,237 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Last saw mum on Monday and she not walking

Will be going tomorrow so will have an update then
    Originally posted by tweets
    Hope you get some positive news xx

Edit - It has, I just searched for it. But all looks ok. It has to ask my permission to switch.

System Restore does not always show all the possible resets at once, there is tickbox that says show more restore points. Worryingly though I only seem to have two there now

It's weird how it just went, really don't know what to suggest!

Shame, my last one was a Sony Vaio and I really liked it. Yours must be at least 4 years old, not doing too bad for it's age. It could be that you turn it off today, turn it back on tomorrow and it is simply back.
    Last edited by Enterprise 1701C; 09-05-2018 at 8:06 PM.
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 9th May 18, 8:15 PM
    • 5,366 Posts
    • 95,052 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Hope you get some positive news xx

System Restore does not always show all the possible resets at once, there is tickbox that says show more restore points. Worryingly though I only seem to have two there now

It's weird how it just went, really don't know what to suggest!

Shame, my last one was a Sony Vaio and I really liked it. Yours must be at least 4 years old, not doing too bad for it's age. It could be that you turn it off today, turn it back on tomorrow and it is simply back.
    Yes, I ticked the box but there was nothing there. Years ago you could go back months to a restore!

Yes it is old but I've never had a problem when I bought it secondhand just over 2 years ago.

Perhaps I'll have to dig out the old lappy that someone on here gave me a few years ago..
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th May 18, 8:21 PM
    • 19,283 Posts
    • 208,237 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Yes, I ticked the box but there was nothing there. Years ago you could go back months to a restore!

Yes it is old but I've never had a problem when I bought it secondhand just over 2 years ago.

Perhaps I'll have to dig out the old lappy that someone on here gave me a few years ago..
    I like Windows 10 but it seems to be designed to let MS do whatever they want with it, you can't easily block updates now and the lack of restore points is ridiculous.

Hopefully it will be alright after it has had a good sulk. Other than that, perhaps worth posting on the techie board?
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 9th May 18, 8:24 PM
    • 915 Posts
    • 12,541 Thanks
    sarahskint
    other superdrug bargains from today
    juice burst drinks carrot and orange down to 12p
    relentless large can cherry 34p
    red bull orange edition 34p
    ritter sport marzipan 50p
    rittersport hazelnut 50p
    starburst 1 marked packs to 25p
    skittles price marked pack 50p
    nivea soft day cream 1.50
    garnier face masks three different ones, yellow/red/green all to 37p
    fudge mens hair jelly 70p

I never saw the tickets this morning as was in for last shift but I always check whats been reduced from the previous weeks. Style freedom not reduced today but I will scan it tomorrow morning along with always silk if we stock it. Terrible start to the weeks star buys as we haven't any of the fragrance left in our store I sold it all last week while it was on bogohp lol
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 9th May 18, 8:25 PM
    • 14,654 Posts
    • 235,776 Thanks
    zippydooda

or get a cheap plug in mouse
    does anyone know when series 3 of ashes to ashes is on drama

let me know please.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th May 18, 8:30 PM
    • 5,418 Posts
    • 64,888 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Thank you Nellie for the birthday card If you fancy a trip to the seaside on the train sometime soon let me know. Maybe Blackpool and meet Ellie and Sunflower and anyone else
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Is it your birthday today Emerald?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

687Posts Today

6,667Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin