Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,543Posts
    • 36,893Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1702
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 9th May 18, 8:25 PM
    • 14,843 Posts
    • 237,474 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Yes, I ticked the box but there was nothing there. Years ago you could go back months to a restore!

Yes it is old but I've never had a problem when I bought it secondhand just over 2 years ago.

Perhaps I'll have to dig out the old lappy that someone on here gave me a few years ago..
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    or get a cheap plug in mouse
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th May 18, 8:30 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Thank you Nellie for the birthday card If you fancy a trip to the seaside on the train sometime soon let me know. Maybe Blackpool and meet Ellie and Sunflower and anyone else
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Is it your birthday today Emerald?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 9th May 18, 8:48 PM
    • 26,509 Posts
    • 320,511 Thanks
    davemorton
    Shame, my last one was a Sony Vaio and I really liked it. Yours must be at least 4 years old, not doing too bad for it's age. It could be that you turn it off today, turn it back on tomorrow and it is simply back.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    How do you work out the age of it?
    Was going to suggest what Zip has just said.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 9th May 18, 9:05 PM
    • 16,778 Posts
    • 281,964 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Happy birthday Marmie
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 9th May 18, 9:10 PM
    • 2,811 Posts
    • 31,743 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    What do u use to catch them Marms. Had a horror story the other day. We got a Karcher about 5years ago and never been used as OH got too ill to use it and I couldnt be bothered lol. Anyway, other day when family were her for a bbq, my DS asks if she can take it to her place to try it out. So a few of them go in the garage, get this old box and transport it through my garden, through my house (dont know why they didnt use sidegate ) into her car and took it home. Next day they opened up the box and there was a family of live mice in there running around. I didnt see them but sister think they were mum with babies and released them into her next door neighbours overgrown garden
    Now Im scared to go in my garage incase there are more in there.
    Im petrified of them.

Morning all
    Originally posted by gocat
    Good evening......I use mouse traps...I tempt them with a nice piece of mature cheddar...Works a treat...
    31 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th May 18, 9:13 PM
    • 16,196 Posts
    • 194,591 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Good evening......I use mouse traps...I tempt them with a nice piece of mature cheddar...Works a treat...
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    We use the fat off bacon...

Happy birthday Mr Marmite x
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 9th May 18, 9:15 PM
    • 2,811 Posts
    • 31,743 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good morning everyone Sunny but cooler today, rain forecast later

Happy birthday marmite, hope you and your boy both have a great day
    Originally posted by Nellie35
    Happy birthday marmite
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Ooops, missed that

Happy Birthday Marmie
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C

Ooo This is a surprise....Thank you all so much for you kind message...
    31 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 9th May 18, 9:16 PM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 17,376 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Is it your birthday today Emerald?
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Hi Seren, I don't think emeralds around at the moment but I know that it is her birthday tomorrow
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 9th May 18, 9:18 PM
    • 2,811 Posts
    • 31,743 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Happy Birthday Marmite

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Happy Birthday to Marmie and any one else who is celebrating today......
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Happy birthday Marmie.
    My DS has a cat called Marmaduke and they call it
    Marmie for short

Thank you all...You are so thoughtful......
    31 Mouses

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th May 18, 9:19 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Hi Seren, I don't think emeralds around at the moment but I know that it is her birthday tomorrow
    Originally posted by Nellie35
    Thanks Nellie x
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 9th May 18, 9:19 PM
    • 16,778 Posts
    • 281,964 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    I've been watching Coronation Street and their current storyline. It's a subject that many of us can relate to, and indeed, the Elite has been affected by it too

I'd just like to say that if anyone is struggling, it is ok to talk. But please, please talk to someone. Call the Samaritans, call a friend, but please talk to someone. Please don't ever feel that you are alone
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 9th May 18, 9:20 PM
    • 2,811 Posts
    • 31,743 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Happy birthday marmite
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Happy Birthday Marmie
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    Thank you very much....
    31 Mouses

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 9th May 18, 9:21 PM
    • 27,868 Posts
    • 383,783 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Evening peeps.

Any tech wizards out there?

I've had a nightmare day! Around 12pm I was using my lappy as usual when the cursor just vanished, tried a reboot, different browsers but nothing, not even the touchpad works!!

I've tried all that I know like updating drivers, running tests, malware tests, just about anything I can read on the internet.

Oddly though, everything is fine when I'm in safe mode, as I am now, except I have no sound, but I do in normal mode!!

It's driving me mad.

Anyone out there with any suggestions?
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    Scamps I had a problem once that I sorted by doing a full shutdown of the laptop, I had done several restarts etc. that didn't sort it. It's probably something you have already tried but thought I would mention just in case you haven't.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 9th May 18, 9:22 PM
    • 2,811 Posts
    • 31,743 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good morning lovely peoples

I've been a bit down recently, as the copy letter from the Oncologist to my GP wasn't anywhere near as upbeat/optimistic as our meeting

Thank you so much Di I have just received the most exquisite little rose tree - 'tis truly the prettiest I have ever seen
    I shall call it my "Elite rose tree" and I will think of you all when I look at it, adorning my patio.

Happy Birthday Marmie hope you have a really mice nice day
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    Happy birthday Marmite Enjoy the day

JTS (((hugs)))

I am a tad envious of your nice weather as I have had to put my heating on

Off to do some research
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Good afternoon Elite.

Happy Birthday Marmite. Enjoy your day.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    So many birthday wishes......I guess I have to give you all hugs and thanks...
    31 Mouses

• marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 9th May 18, 9:23 PM
    • 2,811 Posts
    • 31,743 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    [QUOTE=emerald21;74263664]
    Happy birthday Marmie.
    My DS has a cat called Marmaduke and they call it
    Marmie for short [/QUOTE

Wonder if our marmie purrs when he s enjoying himself
    Marmie always purrs......He's very happy....all the time....
    31 Mouses

• Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 9th May 18, 9:24 PM
    • 1,540 Posts
    • 17,376 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Thank you Nellie for the birthday card If you fancy a trip to the seaside on the train sometime soon let me know. Maybe Blackpool and meet Ellie and Sunflower and anyone else
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Hi emerald, you are very welcome. Yes it would be good to have a trip out somewhere soon
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 9th May 18, 9:26 PM
    • 2,811 Posts
    • 31,743 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good afternoon Elite.

Happy Birthday Marmite. Enjoy your day.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    Happy Birthday Marmite
    Originally posted by Splodge12
    Happy Birthday Marmite!! all the best..
    Originally posted by Forgetful

Thank you very much...
    31 Mouses

• marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 9th May 18, 9:29 PM
    • 2,811 Posts
    • 31,743 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Evening all
    Happy Birthday Marmie
    Hope you ave had a good day
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Happy Birthday Marmite
    Originally posted by underperky
    Happy Birthday Marmite

JTS (((X)))
    Originally posted by tweets
    Thank you very much...
    31 Mouses

• marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 9th May 18, 9:31 PM
    • 2,811 Posts
    • 31,743 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Happy Birthday marmie x
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    Happy birthday Marmie
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    We use the fat off bacon...

Happy birthday Mr Marmite x
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy

Thank you all so very much...
    31 Mouses

• marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 9th May 18, 9:33 PM
    • 2,811 Posts
    • 31,743 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good evening everyone......I just have to say a big big thank you for all your birthday wishes....You are all too kind........Hugs to you all.....

I hope I didn't miss anyone to thank you...
    31 Mouses

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,886Posts Today

7,808Users online

Martin's Twitter