Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,545Posts
    • 36,908Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1696
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 9th May 18, 7:53 AM
    • 3,978 Posts
    • 54,793 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Morning all

I posted my insurance query on two other forums OMG I will not be venturing there again

I will stay here Have a lovely day, enjoy whatever you do
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 9th May 18, 7:54 AM
    • 386 Posts
    • 11,781 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Thank you. I need a nickname for you, can't shorten you to PK as we already have one of those, any preferences? Pando has a nice ring to it and my auto correct seems to accept it, doesn't want to turn it into anything shocking
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Dora

The explorer
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    How about PDK or Dora
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    A nickname will be fine - I used to be known as PK when I frequented this thread a few years ago but we can't have 2 PK's

Dora sounds ok
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • gocat
    • By gocat 9th May 18, 7:57 AM
    • 5,162 Posts
    • 60,022 Thanks
    gocat
    I have had similar problems but with mice eating my cabbages and purple sprouting broccoli..RIP 5 mice so far.....

Edit.....Make that 6......Caught another little blighter this morning.....
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    What do u use to catch them Marms. Had a horror story the other day. We got a Karcher about 5years ago and never been used as OH got too ill to use it and I couldnt be bothered lol. Anyway, other day when family were her for a bbq, my DS asks if she can take it to her place to try it out. So a few of them go in the garage, get this old box and transport it through my garden, through my house (dont know why they didnt use sidegate ) into her car and took it home. Next day they opened up the box and there was a family of live mice in there running around. I didnt see them but sister think they were mum with babies and released them into her next door neighbours overgrown garden
    Now Im scared to go in my garage incase there are more in there.
    Im petrified of them.

Morning all
    • gocat
    • By gocat 9th May 18, 7:59 AM
    • 5,162 Posts
    • 60,022 Thanks
    gocat
    A nickname will be fine - I used to be known as PK when I frequented this thread a few years ago but we can't have 2 PK's

Dora sounds ok
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    You could be P K with a gap
    But Dora sounds nicer
    • underperky
    • By underperky 9th May 18, 8:08 AM
    • 5,059 Posts
    • 64,275 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning .....hope every one is well .....loving the sunshine
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th May 18, 8:26 AM
    • 17,484 Posts
    • 211,551 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all

Our cats love this weather. In the morning all of the mats - the coir doormats and the Ikea Boris mats go out on the patio and the cats all take up their positions on a mat - its a bit like they are claiming their sunbeds for the day
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • s4mmy
    • By s4mmy 9th May 18, 8:27 AM
    • 604 Posts
    • 5,046 Thanks
    s4mmy
    Good morning
    Free milky bar wowsome on SM this morning

Apologies if this has already been posted.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 9th May 18, 8:30 AM
    • 2,596 Posts
    • 30,260 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Morning all,
    Back again from London, how I hate that drive when im tired and its sunny outside, but I so enjoy the little boys, especially as the eldest is now talking and the youngest is copying, they are so funny at times.
    we went to a little farm yesterday, only a few goats,2 ponies, 3 pigs ducks and chickens but the boys loved it, but we were happy to put in a donation as its free, and I had a free bus journey what was funny was the 3 year old telling me how to cross the road and to wait for the little green man.....the only thing there was no little green man and zebra crossing in site, we eventually crossed the road safely
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 9th May 18, 8:31 AM
    • 2,596 Posts
    • 30,260 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    What a surprise DH received by courier yesterday the free Jamesons...I never received mine, did anyone else?
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 9th May 18, 8:32 AM
    • 2,596 Posts
    • 30,260 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Im now confused after skimming back I thought the donut was now the invisible trigger? am I wrong?
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th May 18, 8:35 AM
    • 17,484 Posts
    • 211,551 Thanks
    mhoc
    My Boots app has updated overnight - not that very exciting.
    I have 75 points for a shampoo or conditioner so thats one of Boots own brand.
    1 off Botanics - what is the cheapest? Possibly wipes?

Also 200 points for buying 8 of cosmetics - there were some good No 7 offers and Max Factor bundles a few weeks back. Mind you all I really need is foundation or BB creams and eye liners.
    There is so little no 17 stock left now it would be hard to get 8 worth.
    Any suggestions welcome

Also got extra points for a 15 spend - with shampoo, cosmetics and botanics I would be over a tenner ...
    Last edited by mhoc; 09-05-2018 at 8:45 AM.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 9th May 18, 8:37 AM
    • 4,642 Posts
    • 91,599 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Morning all

Our cats love this weather. In the morning all of the mats - the coir doormats and the Ikea Boris mats go out on the patio and the cats all take up their positions on a mat - its a bit like they are claiming their sunbeds for the day
    Originally posted by mhoc

I bought my cats one of these each (but they were only 8 from wilkies at while back)

Put them out in the morning on the decking, in the shade

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Foldable-Childs-Moon-chair-Camping-Garden-Fishing-Beach-Childrens-Chair-Lounger-/202273824186

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th May 18, 8:38 AM
    • 17,484 Posts
    • 211,551 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all,
    Back again from London, how I hate that drive when im tired and its sunny outside, but I so enjoy the little boys, especially as the eldest is now talking and the youngest is copying, they are so funny at times.
    we went to a little farm yesterday, only a few goats,2 ponies, 3 pigs ducks and chickens but the boys loved it, but we were happy to put in a donation as its free, and I had a free bus journey what was funny was the 3 year old telling me how to cross the road and to wait for the little green man.....the only thing there was no little green man and zebra crossing in site, we eventually crossed the road safely
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    I seem to remember on Countryfile recently a city farm - really lovely activity to take your boys to
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 9th May 18, 8:39 AM
    • 4,642 Posts
    • 91,599 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Im now confused after skimming back I thought the donut was now the invisible trigger? am I wrong?
    Originally posted by HILLBERN

The doughnut and the cherry bakewell are one of the same, in that both pots have the same barcode.

Up until yesterday it was appearing on the APG and giving a comparison.

Yesterday it stopped appearing on the APG, so if you have 9 other different mullers, they still compared 68p v 35p (lights) to sainsbobs, or 68p v 50p (corners and rice) to sainsbobs
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 9th May 18, 8:40 AM
    • 2,596 Posts
    • 30,260 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    JTS

Well the local race meeting was yesterday, DH was going to go but decided to have his pint at watch it home...just as well as he said if he had have gone he would have lost a fortune..
    My 87 year old MIL went, she managed with her walker and enjoyed the day, she had no winners, but complained there was no ice cream van in the disable section
    Hope you are having more luck your end.....'young rascal'...ha ha ....do you remember!!
    Last edited by HILLBERN; 09-05-2018 at 8:42 AM.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th May 18, 8:40 AM
    • 29,667 Posts
    • 427,600 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-12.5lb
    • Danigrace
    • By Danigrace 9th May 18, 8:43 AM
    • 358 Posts
    • 2,088 Thanks
    Danigrace
    M&S Chinese meal deal (2 mains and 2 sides) for 10, on from today till 15th May. I have an extra free Chinese side on my Sparks card and still have a 2 off wys 10 too.
    Danigrace
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th May 18, 8:44 AM
    • 17,484 Posts
    • 211,551 Thanks
    mhoc
    I bought my cats one of these each (but they were only 8 from wilkies at while back)

Put them out in the morning on the decking, in the shade

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Foldable-Childs-Moon-chair-Camping-Garden-Fishing-Beach-Childrens-Chair-Lounger-/202273824186

Originally posted by izzeyb
    OO thats an idea - I am now wondering about little childrens fold up chairs you sometimes see in sales. One could be sat in a chair and one on a mat underneath
    One of ours likes OHs deckchair as it means he can lounge back to give him easier access for washing his bits Cats bits obviously!
    Yesterday the youngest thought he would also try the deckchair, very unco ordinated cat but he managed to get himself in but couldnt quite figure out how to lie down so he gave up
    Last edited by mhoc; 09-05-2018 at 9:06 AM.
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 9th May 18, 8:47 AM
    • 3,748 Posts
    • 21,310 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Good morning beautiful people
    Slapping on the suns reen today again

In SD they have mens Nivea sensitive for stubble for only 90p in Boots 6.30
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th May 18, 8:49 AM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,366Posts Today

7,412Users online

Martin's Twitter