Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,653Posts
    • 37,084Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1551
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 17th Apr 18, 9:32 PM
    • 28,137 Posts
    • 385,891 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I knew what she meant
    Originally posted by bubbs
    But the worrying thing is I not only knew what she meant, I read it as if she had written what she meant. If you know what I mean.

I mean I didn't notice the mistake...
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Apr 18, 9:41 PM
    • 35,929 Posts
    • 491,361 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    So many casserole dishes

I have about 70 dinner plates and there's only the two of us
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 17th Apr 18, 9:44 PM
    • 28,137 Posts
    • 385,891 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    So many casserole dishes

I have about 70 dinner plates and there's only the two of us
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Enough for us all to get an invite.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 17th Apr 18, 10:58 PM
    • 3,807 Posts
    • 37,213 Thanks
    Picasso7
    B&Q diamond club thingy...wednesday 10% discount....would save me having to find a random oldie in store...like I will have to tomorrow to get my discount as got a big purchase to make.
    Originally posted by juju17
    I think for National Trust you have to have had membership for at least 5 out of the last 10 years to qualify for senior membership. I wasn't sure if we qualified but I was almost certain so I rang up. I got a numpty who didn't seem to understand what I was asking so I just kept quoting the website and hoping he would understand -he would have our payment records infront of him. All he asked was if OH was over age so I gave his DOB. Anyway he said it was actioned and now we are paying 7.20 a month.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/senior-membership
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Thank you. I forgot B&Q, probably because they closed my nearest one.

I have not been a member of the NT so won't qualify, but I intend to join the Scottish one as that is loads cheaper and gives the same benefits.

When I'm back on the PC I might do that list again and include these bits of info so that they are all together on the thread in case they are helpful to anyone else.

But bedtime now. Night all. May more glitches come our way!
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 18th Apr 18, 12:14 AM
    • 13,446 Posts
    • 145,930 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Phew, I've managed to catch up again. The two days, setting up the hall and then doing the dog show, wiped me out so I've mainly be taking meds and sleeping. But the show was a great success and we raised 735 for Ravenswood Rescue

Thrilled to have won the GN draw on the second list. Many thanks to DM for running the draw and those who have donated through the link DM put up. As you all know, dog rescue is a big part of my life, and Ravenswood Pet Rescue is my local rescue who I help by working in the charity shop, transports, and fund raising like the show yesterday. If I had chosen my Romanian Rescuer, donations would have been a little more complicated
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 18th Apr 18, 12:17 AM
    • 26,729 Posts
    • 321,951 Thanks
    davemorton
    Phew, I've managed to catch up again. The two days, setting up the hall and then doing the dog show, wiped me out so I've mainly be taking meds and sleeping. But the show was a great success and we raised 735 for Ravenswood Rescue

Thrilled to have won the GN draw on the second list. Many thanks to DM for running the draw and those who have donated through the link DM put up. As you all know, dog rescue is a big part of my life, and Ravenswood Pet Rescue is my local rescue who I help by working in the charity shop, transports, and fund raising like the show yesterday. If I had chosen my Romanian Rescuer, donations would have been a little more complicated
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    A link to the donation page for anyone who is hunting for it. And congratulations again 3dogs.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 18th Apr 18, 4:18 AM
    • 4,771 Posts
    • 92,959 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Ending today, 6x cans Butchers/Winnalot dog food, 3.30/3.50/3.95 each or 2 for 6.00

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-664585_2202319.html

Best return on the Butchers Superior Variety Jelly pack v Tesco 3.95 v 3.25, works out 1.98 a pack after APG.

Other Butchers need to check who stocks which cans. Some 2 for 6.00 in Tesco, some 3 each in Sainsbobs

The 3.50 ones work out 2.20 each after APG
    3.30 ones 2.40 each

The four Winnalot should compare to Sainsbobs 3.25 each, 2.42 each after APG

Also ending Heinz By Nature 4+ months 1.40 each or 2 for 2.50

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-661177_2655533.html

Should compare to Morries 1.00 each, works out 75p each after APG

Check price they scan through at and offer comes off at till as may change/rollback after morning update.

Last edited by izzeyb; 18-04-2018 at 9:34 AM.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 18th Apr 18, 4:58 AM
    • 4,771 Posts
    • 92,959 Thanks
    izzeyb
    thanks to hotukdeals, a few good offers for Heron Foods. The Cadbury's Layers of Joy Trifle (summer version) is 1.00 and the frozen Ambrosia Ice Cream 1.00

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/heronfoods.com

Also for Iceland, the Tate & Lyle (454g tin) 50p and Tilda Firecracker Basmati 50p

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/groceries.iceland.co.uk

• braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 18th Apr 18, 5:25 AM
    • 2,455 Posts
    • 29,595 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    O3
    Check your app later on to see if Nerd becomes available again today after being used yesterday, as there were reports of this happening yesterday.
    Nothing on WonTwo yet.
    Have a good day.

Thanks to izzeyb for early morning finds too
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 18th Apr 18, 6:28 AM
    • 4,771 Posts
    • 92,959 Thanks
    izzeyb
    According to a poster on Hotukdeals, Yeo ice cream has 2 cashback on checkoutsmart, and has just gone on offer at Waitrose for 2.65, making it 65p after cashback!

Can claim 6 times according to post.

Also a comment that it is today only on COS

Still showing 4 each for me on Waities website though

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/shop/search?defaultSearch=None&searchTerm=yeo+ice+cream &canonicalURL=%2Fshop%2FHeaderSearchCmd%3FsearchTe rm%3Dyeo+ice+cream%26defaultSearch%3DGR

Last edited by izzeyb; 18-04-2018 at 6:31 AM.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 18th Apr 18, 6:37 AM
    • 4,771 Posts
    • 92,959 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Spotted on Extreme Couponing, box Johnsons baby wipes Extra Sensitive (12 packs) 5 in Tesco down from 10 in Tesco

Offer valid until 8th May

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/promotions/A32401269

Showing as 6.00 in Asda, so cheaper if the APG picks up Tesco price

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Nappy_Accessories/Johnsons_Baby_Extra_Sensitive_Fragrance_Free_Wipes _56_per_pack_x_12.html?TrackingCode=AQMBAAE.QGmyz6 sxZk6P__JuASEY8g

Last edited by izzeyb; 18-04-2018 at 6:41 AM.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 18th Apr 18, 6:53 AM
    • 3,427 Posts
    • 50,962 Thanks
    elainemn
    good morning. where is the promised sunshine?
    • Anon
    • By Anon 18th Apr 18, 7:05 AM
    • 13,230 Posts
    • 148,277 Thanks
    Anon
    Originally posted by elainemn
    Good morning.

The sun is shining here .

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 18th Apr 18, 7:06 AM
    • 13,230 Posts
    • 148,277 Thanks
    Anon
    According to a poster on Hotukdeals, Yeo ice cream has 2 cashback on checkoutsmart, and has just gone on offer at Waitrose for 2.65, making it 65p after cashback!

Can claim 6 times according to post.

Also a comment that it is today only on COS

Still showing 4 each for me on Waities website though

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/shop/search?defaultSearch=None&searchTerm=yeo+ice+cream &canonicalURL=%2Fshop%2FHeaderSearchCmd%3FsearchTe rm%3Dyeo+ice+cream%26defaultSearch%3DGR

Originally posted by izzeyb
    Thank you - no freezer space as we have a few ice creams from the offer last week.

Anon
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 18th Apr 18, 7:10 AM
    • 4,771 Posts
    • 92,959 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Anyone going near M&S, worth looking out for this, thanks to a post on Extreme Couponing.

Spring Treats Gift Box - dated 29th May

Currently showing 20 at M&S online (and OOS), but found in store yesterday reduced to 5.00

http://www.marksandspencer.com/spring-treats-gift-box/p/p60092560

Last edited by izzeyb; 18-04-2018 at 7:16 AM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 18th Apr 18, 7:15 AM
    • 13,230 Posts
    • 148,277 Thanks
    Anon
    Reminder that the DD rules on T Bank savings accounts change this weekend which will mess up the two linked accounts rule for many of the other current accounts - I am not prepared as I haven't found time to sort mine .

I also notice LL and BoS are dropping their rates to 1.5% from July . It may be worth consolidating some accounts to minimise DDs/fees (for example, moving some balances to San123 if you have capacity there - though remember the LL Club Rewards has benefits such as 6 free cinema tickets per year)
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2018/04/lloyds-and-bank-of-scotland-to-cut-interest-on-current-accounts

As interest rates have gone up, this is disappointing alongside the increased hassle with finding DDs .

Anon
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 18th Apr 18, 7:44 AM
    • 3,783 Posts
    • 21,481 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Good morning beautiful people!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 18th Apr 18, 7:48 AM
    • 26,729 Posts
    • 321,951 Thanks
    davemorton
    Morning all.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th Apr 18, 7:57 AM
    • 35,929 Posts
    • 491,361 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Ending today, 6x cans Butchers/Winnalot dog food, 3.30/3.50/3.95 each of 2 for 6.00

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-664585_2202319.html

Best return on the Butchers Superior Variety Jelly pack v Tesco 3.95 v 3.25, works out 1.98 a pack after APG.

Other Butchers need to check who stocks which cans. Some 2 for 6.00 in Tesco, some 3 each in Sainsbobs

The 3.50 ones work out 2.20 each after APG
    3.30 ones 2.40 each

The four Winnalot should compare to Sainsbobs 3.25 each, 2.42 each after APG

Also ending Heinz By Nature 4+ months 1.40 each or 2 for 2.50

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-661177_2655533.html

Should compare to Morries 1.00 each, works out 75p each after APG

Check price they scan through at and offer comes off at till as may change/rollback after morning update.

Originally posted by izzeyb
    Thank goodness you haven't been kidnapped

Originally posted by elainemn
    You are forgetting that we are in the North East
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 18th Apr 18, 8:02 AM
    • 35,929 Posts
    • 491,361 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    See our glorious leader's email tip on the right re Amazon 5 off a 25 spend if you install the assistant browser extension to your computer or laptop. Must go in through the link and doesn't work on tablets
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

988Posts Today

6,991Users online

Martin's Twitter