Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,442Posts
    • 36,750Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1551
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Apr 18, 9:12 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hehe....back to the future

Last year of course
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Just tickled me i knew what you meant
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 17th Apr 18, 9:13 PM
    • 2,616 Posts
    • 42,925 Thanks
    izzy65
    Yeah, that blasted word "normal" scrape into the reference range your "normal" your symptoms are not thyroid related. They seem have lost the concept of individuality and being optimal for that person. Free t3 below range according to my GP "doesn't matter" err thats the active hormone!

Fed up of the amount of times I have been offered anti depressant. So based exactly on what I say, they are prepared to write a prescription for something that is generally no better than a sugar pill, can come with increase risk of suicide, alters brain chemistry and can take years to come off of. Yet a blood test proves I have low ft3 and they won't give me what I need Mind boggling!
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Have you considered taking a t3 medication self prescribed, our go is loath to give actual results and just says in the normal range, and dh wont push

I am spending this evening choosing a kitchen sink. Looks like we're going for the John Lewis one with the 20 year guarantee.

Will say dont get black, I was warned and ignored the advice, I so regret it.
    Just wondering what can actually go wrong with a kitchen sink
    Loads, the black one has faded it looks awful, had a white sink before but ds melted it when making popcorn, he put a very hot pan in it,
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 17th Apr 18, 9:13 PM
    • 27,742 Posts
    • 382,814 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    We are using our existing taps. They were just put on new next year

I'm having a ruthless chucking out session
    Ah ignore me then.

I really struggle with those sort of sessions.

I have a few bits around the house which were taken out of their usual place when sorting for the car boot sale. It will take me several goes to eventually decide what to do with them, afraid I am never ruthless.

One of them is a navman satnav, I spent hours the other day trying to get it working again. Found the software to restore it it was stuck on the "terms and conditions" screen. You could scroll up and down but it wouldn't move on if you touched the "agree" bit on the screen. It is now factory reset and stuck on selecting the lanquage.

After lots of googling I decided the screen must need recalibrating and was rather pleased with myself I found the files to do that and downloaded them to PC, next step was to copy them to a micro SD card and insert if in the satnav. But guess what this particular satnav doesn't have a card slot.

I did try copying the files over to the satnav, to see if they would run but that didn't work. The only other thing to try is taking the the screen off and cleaning around the edges apparently. If that doesn't work it will have to go for scrap. It would cost more to repair than replace.

I am a bit cross as it came with lifetime maps and I think it broke because DD didn't keep it in the case so the screen got damaged in the glove compartment.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 17th Apr 18, 9:16 PM
    • 27,742 Posts
    • 382,814 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    New next year?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Hehe....back to the future

Last year of course
    I knew and read it exactly as TM meant

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 17th Apr 18, 9:20 PM
    • 27,742 Posts
    • 382,814 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Have you considered taking a t3 medication self prescribed, our go is loath to give actual results and just says in the normal range, and dh wont push

Loads, the black one has faded it looks awful, had a white sink before but ds melted it when making popcorn, he put a very hot pan in it,
    Originally posted by izzy65
    We have a stainless steel sink. Not one of the shiny ones, think it's brushed stainless, I know the taps are. My only gripe is the metal seems a lot thinner than our old one but we didn't go for top of the range.

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Apr 18, 9:27 PM
    • 51,744 Posts
    • 620,373 Thanks
    bubbs
    I knew and read it exactly as TM meant
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    I knew what she meant
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 17th Apr 18, 9:28 PM
    • 3,712 Posts
    • 21,128 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Yeah, that blasted word "normal" scrape into the reference range your "normal" your symptoms are not thyroid related. They seem have lost the concept of individuality and being optimal for that person. Free t3 below range according to my GP "doesn't matter" err thats the active hormone!

Fed up of the amount of times I have been offered anti depressant. So based exactly on what I say, they are prepared to write a prescription for something that is generally no better than a sugar pill, can come with increase risk of suicide, alters brain chemistry and can take years to come off of. Yet a blood test proves I have low ft3 and they won't give me what I need Mind boggling!
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    I'm hyper! I trying to treat it naturally avoid anythung dairy, gluten lots of fruit /veg. Medical medium books have helped from a dietary perspective.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 17th Apr 18, 9:30 PM
    • 27,742 Posts
    • 382,814 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Are we certain about this?
    I saw the thread on the dark side this morning and one person who got theirs yesterday seems to have had a refreshed offer today - have to wait and see what happens on the app in the morning
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I would put money on it if you had the free drink yesterday then it may have refreshed today to use again. But if you used it today it won't refresh tomorrow.

There has been a similar glitch with other O2 offers like the free Thorntons Ice cream that when they went live on a Monday and you used the offer it showed again on the Tuesday.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 17th Apr 18, 9:32 PM
    • 27,742 Posts
    • 382,814 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I knew what she meant
    Originally posted by bubbs
    But the worrying thing is I not only knew what she meant, I read it as if she had written what she meant. If you know what I mean.

I mean I didn't notice the mistake...

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Apr 18, 9:41 PM
    • 34,570 Posts
    • 481,314 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    So many casserole dishes

I have about 70 dinner plates and there's only the two of us
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 17th Apr 18, 9:44 PM
    • 27,742 Posts
    • 382,814 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    So many casserole dishes

I have about 70 dinner plates and there's only the two of us
    Enough for us all to get an invite.

• Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 17th Apr 18, 10:58 PM
    • 3,738 Posts
    • 36,674 Thanks
    Picasso7
    B&Q diamond club thingy...wednesday 10% discount....would save me having to find a random oldie in store...like I will have to tomorrow to get my discount as got a big purchase to make.
    Originally posted by juju17
    I think for National Trust you have to have had membership for at least 5 out of the last 10 years to qualify for senior membership. I wasn't sure if we qualified but I was almost certain so I rang up. I got a numpty who didn't seem to understand what I was asking so I just kept quoting the website and hoping he would understand -he would have our payment records infront of him. All he asked was if OH was over age so I gave his DOB. Anyway he said it was actioned and now we are paying 7.20 a month.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/senior-membership
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Thank you. I forgot B&Q, probably because they closed my nearest one.

I have not been a member of the NT so won't qualify, but I intend to join the Scottish one as that is loads cheaper and gives the same benefits.

When I'm back on the PC I might do that list again and include these bits of info so that they are all together on the thread in case they are helpful to anyone else.

But bedtime now. Night all. May more glitches come our way!
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 18th Apr 18, 12:14 AM
    • 13,446 Posts
    • 145,930 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Phew, I've managed to catch up again. The two days, setting up the hall and then doing the dog show, wiped me out so I've mainly be taking meds and sleeping. But the show was a great success and we raised 735 for Ravenswood Rescue

Thrilled to have won the GN draw on the second list. Many thanks to DM for running the draw and those who have donated through the link DM put up. As you all know, dog rescue is a big part of my life, and Ravenswood Pet Rescue is my local rescue who I help by working in the charity shop, transports, and fund raising like the show yesterday. If I had chosen my Romanian Rescuer, donations would have been a little more complicated
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 18th Apr 18, 12:17 AM
    • 26,264 Posts
    • 318,794 Thanks
    davemorton
    Phew, I've managed to catch up again. The two days, setting up the hall and then doing the dog show, wiped me out so I've mainly be taking meds and sleeping. But the show was a great success and we raised 735 for Ravenswood Rescue

Thrilled to have won the GN draw on the second list. Many thanks to DM for running the draw and those who have donated through the link DM put up. As you all know, dog rescue is a big part of my life, and Ravenswood Pet Rescue is my local rescue who I help by working in the charity shop, transports, and fund raising like the show yesterday. If I had chosen my Romanian Rescuer, donations would have been a little more complicated
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    A link to the donation page for anyone who is hunting for it. And congratulations again 3dogs.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 18th Apr 18, 4:18 AM
    • 4,613 Posts
    • 91,219 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Ending today, 6x cans Butchers/Winnalot dog food, 3.30/3.50/3.95 each or 2 for 6.00

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-664585_2202319.html

Best return on the Butchers Superior Variety Jelly pack v Tesco 3.95 v 3.25, works out 1.98 a pack after APG.

Other Butchers need to check who stocks which cans. Some 2 for 6.00 in Tesco, some 3 each in Sainsbobs

The 3.50 ones work out 2.20 each after APG
    3.30 ones 2.40 each

The four Winnalot should compare to Sainsbobs 3.25 each, 2.42 each after APG

Also ending Heinz By Nature 4+ months 1.40 each or 2 for 2.50

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-661177_2655533.html

Should compare to Morries 1.00 each, works out 75p each after APG

Check price they scan through at and offer comes off at till as may change/rollback after morning update.

Last edited by izzeyb; 18-04-2018 at 9:34 AM.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 18th Apr 18, 4:58 AM
    • 4,613 Posts
    • 91,219 Thanks
    izzeyb
    thanks to hotukdeals, a few good offers for Heron Foods. The Cadbury's Layers of Joy Trifle (summer version) is 1.00 and the frozen Ambrosia Ice Cream 1.00

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/heronfoods.com

Also for Iceland, the Tate & Lyle (454g tin) 50p and Tilda Firecracker Basmati 50p

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/groceries.iceland.co.uk

• braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 18th Apr 18, 5:25 AM
    • 2,188 Posts
    • 27,434 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    O3
    Check your app later on to see if Nerd becomes available again today after being used yesterday, as there were reports of this happening yesterday.
    Nothing on WonTwo yet.
    Have a good day.

Thanks to izzeyb for early morning finds too
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 18th Apr 18, 6:28 AM
    • 4,613 Posts
    • 91,219 Thanks
    izzeyb
    According to a poster on Hotukdeals, Yeo ice cream has 2 cashback on checkoutsmart, and has just gone on offer at Waitrose for 2.65, making it 65p after cashback!

Can claim 6 times according to post.

Also a comment that it is today only on COS

Still showing 4 each for me on Waities website though

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/shop/search?defaultSearch=None&searchTerm=yeo+ice+cream &canonicalURL=%2Fshop%2FHeaderSearchCmd%3FsearchTe rm%3Dyeo+ice+cream%26defaultSearch%3DGR

Last edited by izzeyb; 18-04-2018 at 6:31 AM.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 18th Apr 18, 6:37 AM
    • 4,613 Posts
    • 91,219 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Spotted on Extreme Couponing, box Johnsons baby wipes Extra Sensitive (12 packs) 5 in Tesco down from 10 in Tesco

Offer valid until 8th May

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/promotions/A32401269

Showing as 6.00 in Asda, so cheaper if the APG picks up Tesco price

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Nappy_Accessories/Johnsons_Baby_Extra_Sensitive_Fragrance_Free_Wipes _56_per_pack_x_12.html?TrackingCode=AQMBAAE.QGmyz6 sxZk6P__JuASEY8g

Last edited by izzeyb; 18-04-2018 at 6:41 AM.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 18th Apr 18, 6:53 AM
    • 3,200 Posts
    • 49,107 Thanks
    elainemn
    good morning. where is the promised sunshine?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

196Posts Today

1,969Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin