Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,440Posts
    • 36,749Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1550
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 17th Apr 18, 7:14 PM
    • 4,279 Posts
    • 93,007 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Originally posted by tweets
    You can follow their adventures on instagram

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43666657
    Last edited by Westvleteren; 17-04-2018 at 7:35 PM.
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• tweets
    • By tweets 17th Apr 18, 7:28 PM
    • 29,205 Posts
    • 424,288 Thanks
    tweets
    You can follow there adventures on instagram

Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Thank you
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 17th Apr 18, 7:33 PM
    • 5,434 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    You can follow there adventures on instagram

I like the one where they are in the river with the cat aboard the dog's back.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 17th Apr 18, 7:38 PM
    • 3,641 Posts
    • 37,596 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    For our Scottish members they are talking on hukd about Koru New Zealand wine 2.50 a bottle
    I won't post any links just in case.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of e verything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 11.5lb
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 17th Apr 18, 7:38 PM
    • 2,616 Posts
    • 42,924 Thanks
    izzy65

I count myself as fortunate in that I had no trouble in getting diagnosed, my TSH played ball at >150. It's the treatment, that t4 is all you need is what I have issue with.

The only endo I have seen is one I have paid for. !!!!in' useless. I emailed him with some info, He said he would write to my GP explaining it's significance...... has he bothered no.

Still waiting to see an NHS endo.... 5 months after referral was made.

Edit Hey whats wrong with !!!!?
    I can understand what you mean, as long as your in normal range they are ok with it, but what is normal for each person?, not sure but thought it was my t4 was 36 should be around 14, might not be t4!, anyway just double the meds and bloods every 4 weeks
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 17th Apr 18, 7:41 PM
    • 20,204 Posts
    • 264,191 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I am just wondering how long do I have to shut up for to drop down to a sensible 6th or 7th place?
    Or do I delete about a hundred very old posts that are no longer relevant ...
    There are people on this list I am sure are around much more than I am.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I don't post very often now. I spend all the time updating the M list hundreds of times a day (pressing Save after every few items) so every new edit, even those available for a few minutes, should count as a technically separate posting and I'd be on top.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 17th Apr 18, 7:57 PM
    • 4,279 Posts
    • 93,007 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    I can understand what you mean, as long as your in normal range they are ok with it, but what is normal for each person?, not sure but thought it was my t4 was 36 should be around 14, might not be t4!, anyway just double the meds and bloods every 4 weeks
    Originally posted by izzy65
    Yeah, that blasted word "normal" scrape into the reference range your "normal" your symptoms are not thyroid related. They seem have lost the concept of individuality and being optimal for that person. Free t3 below range according to my GP "doesn't matter" err thats the active hormone!

Fed up of the amount of times I have been offered anti depressant. So based exactly on what I say, they are prepared to write a prescription for something that is generally no better than a sugar pill, can come with increase risk of suicide, alters brain chemistry and can take years to come off of. Yet a blood test proves I have low ft3 and they won't give me what I need Mind boggling!
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 17th Apr 18, 8:00 PM
    • 19,313 Posts
    • 208,477 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I am just wondering how long do I have to shut up for to drop down to a sensible 6th or 7th place?
    Or do I delete about a hundred very old posts that are no longer relevant ...
    There are people on this list I am sure are around much more than I am.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Well, I don't chat at all and I am still in 7th place
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Apr 18, 8:03 PM
    • 34,541 Posts
    • 481,114 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly 2,426
    bubbs 2411
    Originally posted by zippydooda

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Apr 18, 8:08 PM
    • 34,541 Posts
    • 481,114 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    You can follow their adventures on instagram

Thanks westie

I love stuff like this

Is anyone following bowelbabe on instagram? I wish I had an ounce of her bravery. She is so inspiring
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Apr 18, 8:10 PM
    • 34,541 Posts
    • 481,114 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I am spending this evening choosing a kitchen sink. Looks like we're going for the John Lewis one with the 20 year guarantee.

Just wondering what can actually go wrong with a kitchen sink
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 17th Apr 18, 8:14 PM
    • 19,313 Posts
    • 208,477 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I am spending this evening choosing a kitchen sink. Looks like we're going for the John Lewis one with the 20 year guarantee.

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    They can crack, the plughole can come apart, and they can lose their shine.

Especially if they are anything like baths. We carefully put in a new bath when we did the bathroom, proper seal round it and everything. It was a new lightweight bath called a hippobath, was supposed to be crack proof. Guess what, it cracked, took me ages to persuade a new bath out of the suppliers (the manufacturers went bust), and the bathroom was never the same either.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 17th Apr 18, 8:35 PM
    • 5,434 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Serendipitious

It's the taps, or so I've heard. Be careful which taps you choose. Some don't have spare parts available and you have to get a whole replacement unit if one starts dripping.

• P2TKL
    • By P2TKL 17th Apr 18, 8:35 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 10,343 Thanks
    P2TKL

Especially if they are anything like baths. We carefully put in a new bath when we did the bathroom, proper seal round it and everything. It was a new lightweight bath called a hippobath, was supposed to be crack proof. Guess what, it cracked, took me ages to persuade a new bath out of the suppliers (the manufacturers went bust), and the bathroom was never the same either.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    My new sink cracked but I spotted it before the fitter left. New sink was ordered and fitted without any problems. However a few months later I discovered my cream fragranite sink was stained and the stains won't come off. I would never recommend a cream sink to anyone
    Last edited by P2TKL; 17-04-2018 at 8:38 PM.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 17th Apr 18, 8:36 PM
    • 27,742 Posts
    • 382,814 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I was lurking but this has really made me giggle.

Can remember a time when I used to make the top 3.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Apr 18, 8:40 PM
    • 34,541 Posts
    • 481,114 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Thank you
    It's the taps, or so I've heard. Be careful which taps you choose. Some don't have spare parts available and you have to get a whole replacement unit if one starts dripping.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    No it's just a sink Seren

I've just been sorting stuff out tonight.

I've got 6 butter dishes
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 17th Apr 18, 8:47 PM
    • 5,434 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Yeah, that blasted word "normal" scrape into the reference range your "normal" your symptoms are not thyroid related. They seem have lost the concept of individuality and being optimal for that person. Free t3 below range according to my GP "doesn't matter" err thats the active hormone!

Fed up of the amount of times I have been offered anti depressant. So based exactly on what I say, they are prepared to write a prescription for something that is generally no better than a sugar pill, can come with increase risk of suicide, alters brain chemistry and can take years to come off of. Yet a blood test proves I have low ft3 and they won't give me what I need Mind boggling!
    Are you still doing photography Westy?

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 17th Apr 18, 8:49 PM
    • 27,742 Posts
    • 382,814 Thanks
    Tinyshoes

I would recommend looking and comparing with this website TM. Both our bath and kitchen sink taps were sourced from here, same products that we had seen elsewhere but a lot cheaper for the same make.

Not sure if I would recommend the kitchen sink we got from them but it wasn't one of their more expensive ones.

https://www.tapwarehouse.com/

Didn't realise how local they were to us when we ordered the bath taps but they do deliver nationwide.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 17th Apr 18, 8:54 PM
    • 5,434 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Tomorrow we have sunshine, it says.

Then it says for 2 hours between 6pm and 8 pm

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 17th Apr 18, 9:02 PM
    • 34,541 Posts
    • 481,114 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I would recommend looking and comparing with this website TM. Both our bath and kitchen sink taps were sourced from here, same products that we had seen elsewhere but a lot cheaper for the same make.

Not sure if I would recommend the kitchen sink we got from them but it wasn't one of their more expensive ones.

https://www.tapwarehouse.com/

Didn't realise how local they were to us when we ordered the bath taps but they do deliver nationwide.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    We are using our existing taps. They were just put on new next year

I'm having a ruthless chucking out session
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,265Posts Today

7,494Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin