Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,442Posts
    • 36,750Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1548
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 17th Apr 18, 4:31 PM
    • 19,323 Posts
    • 208,545 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Well the dusting, decorating etc continues!!

The grumpy one has now b@ggered my Dyson stick thing, He has an adversion to using the big old Dyson monster.
    No probs I thought yesterday, we haven't had it that long.... can I heck find any trace of where or when I bought it I know I can be dizzy at times, but even if I hadn't filed the receipt we should still have the instruction leaflet... nowhere to be found!
    If I buy online I always keep copies of the relevant paperwork... 2 hours searching... no!
    My neighbour, who borrowed it once says 'you had a voucher when you bought it'... that hasn't helped!

Local 'strange but good' Dyson repairman won't touch it so off to contact dyson!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Would you have mentioned it on here when you got it? Is it worth searching to see if you did?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 17th Apr 18, 4:37 PM
    • 308 Posts
    • 4,905 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Well the dusting, decorating etc continues!!

The grumpy one has now b@ggered my Dyson stick thing, He has an adversion to using the big old Dyson monster.
    No probs I thought yesterday, we haven't had it that long.... can I heck find any trace of where or when I bought it I know I can be dizzy at times, but even if I hadn't filed the receipt we should still have the instruction leaflet... nowhere to be found!
    If I buy online I always keep copies of the relevant paperwork... 2 hours searching... no!
    My neighbour, who borrowed it once says 'you had a voucher when you bought it'... that hasn't helped!

Local 'strange but good' Dyson repairman won't touch it so off to contact dyson!
    Did you register it online with Dyson? Mine packed up recently, couldn't find receipt but checked on Dyson website and it was still within the 5 year warranty so they came out and fixed it, no problem
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • juju17
    • By juju17 17th Apr 18, 4:43 PM
    • 997 Posts
    • 13,665 Thanks
    juju17
    My 60th is in June and I have bought myself a piano to celebrate! I just wish I could afford to retire...

Benefits of being 60:
    • free prescriptions and eye tests
    • Boots Advantage card extra points
    • Railcard
    • If in London, free tube and bus travel I think
    • National Trust pensioner rate (but join the Scottish NT instead as it is cheaper)

What have I missed?
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    B&Q diamond club thingy...wednesday 10% discount....would save me having to find a random oldie in store...like I will have to tomorrow to get my discount as got a big purchase to make.
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Apr 18, 4:43 PM
    • 51,743 Posts
    • 620,364 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 17th Apr 18, 4:57 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 524 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Crikey, well quiet today!
    I am here lurking, I'm just never too sure what to say!

Well, I was here....I need to go now!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Apr 18, 5:01 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 34,033 Thanks
    pippo
    Check your ebay history, if you ever buy from ebay because the Dyson shop have had some good discounts or tesco direct have had them on offer a few times. HTH.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts

Did that ..

I've spoken to Dyson, they say it is out of guarantee!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Apr 18, 5:04 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 34,033 Thanks
    pippo
    B&Q diamond club thingy...wednesday 10% discount....would save me having to find a random oldie in store...like I will have to tomorrow to get my discount as got a big purchase to make.
    Originally posted by juju17
    many years ago my late brother lived with both our mam and his MIL... He proposed setting them both up with deckchairs and a flask in B&Q car park and renting them out!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Apr 18, 5:06 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 34,033 Thanks
    pippo
    I am here lurking, I'm just never too sure what to say!

Well, I was here....I need to go now!
    Originally posted by Freewheeling
    Hi Freew,
    Just say anything that comes into your head... that's what most of us do and we get along fine.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Apr 18, 5:08 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 34,033 Thanks
    pippo
    Afternoon all
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Bubbs, I have replied to you 3 times... the post have vanished!!!
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 17th Apr 18, 5:11 PM
    • 2,188 Posts
    • 27,434 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    O3 Nerd
    I probably missed someone else posting this, but coughee offer on all week, but can only be redeemed ONCE.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Apr 18, 5:14 PM
    • 17,144 Posts
    • 209,229 Thanks
    mhoc
    My 60th is in June and I have bought myself a piano to celebrate! I just wish I could afford to retire...

Benefits of being 60:
    • free prescriptions and eye tests
    • Boots Advantage card extra points
    • Railcard
    • If in London, free tube and bus travel I think
    • National Trust pensioner rate (but join the Scottish NT instead as it is cheaper)

What have I missed?
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    I think for National Trust you have to have had membership for at least 5 out of the last 10 years to qualify for senior membership. I wasn't sure if we qualified but I was almost certain so I rang up. I got a numpty who didn't seem to understand what I was asking so I just kept quoting the website and hoping he would understand -he would have our payment records infront of him. All he asked was if OH was over age so I gave his DOB. Anyway he said it was actioned and now we are paying 7.20 a month.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/senior-membership
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 17th Apr 18, 5:15 PM
    • 29,207 Posts
    • 424,306 Thanks
    tweets
    So after I noticed the price increase of Nicky at Home Bargains yesterday, I had a look at Savers and Farm Foods today only to find they're the same.

Farm Foods

Savers

I noticed the "Little Duck, So Soft" packs, has anyone tried these?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19

Where did you see the little duck toilet rolls please ?

My brain isn't working
    Lost 3st-6lb
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 17th Apr 18, 5:15 PM
    • 7,123 Posts
    • 58,952 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    O3
    I probably missed someone else posting this, but coughee offer on all week, but can only be redeemed ONCE.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    ... Per handset and after 12 midday.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Apr 18, 5:16 PM
    • 51,743 Posts
    • 620,364 Thanks
    bubbs
    Bubbs, I have replied to you 3 times... the post have vanished!!!
    Yea, yea you was ignoring me
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 17th Apr 18, 5:16 PM
    • 7,123 Posts
    • 58,952 Thanks
    fuzzgun19

My brain isn't working
    Originally posted by tweets
    Farm Foods and Savers, if you have one.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Apr 18, 5:16 PM
    • 17,144 Posts
    • 209,229 Thanks
    mhoc
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Are we certain about this?
    I saw the thread on the dark side this morning and one person who got theirs yesterday seems to have had a refreshed offer today - have to wait and see what happens on the app in the morning
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 17th Apr 18, 5:18 PM
    • 2,188 Posts
    • 27,434 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Are we certain about this?
    I saw the thread on the dark side this morning and one person who got theirs yesterday seems to have had a refreshed offer today - have to wait and see what happens on the app in the morning
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I only noticed in the T&Cs today. Hopefully be there again tomorrow, thanks for the heads up.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Apr 18, 5:19 PM
    • 51,743 Posts
    • 620,364 Thanks
    bubbs

My brain isn't working
    Originally posted by tweets
    Think its savers tweets
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 17th Apr 18, 5:30 PM
    • 17,144 Posts
    • 209,229 Thanks
    mhoc
    Just back from the vets. Ronnie our oldest cat has been steadily getting thinner since Christmas although otherwise still his normal alpha male self. It occurred to me during the night that my mum went stick thin when her thyroid was over active so I googled and Ronnie fitted the pattern.

We have a fabulous vet who must be nearly 80 now, tried to retire but got bored so he just does 2 days a week now so our cats are only allowed to be ill on a Monday or Tuesday.

Vet checked Ronnie over, his heart rate was racing (mind you vets are scary people to cats so its no wonder) He also asked if his appetite was good (it always has been) but that and his spine protruding he said were classic indicators of an over active thyroid. He said it upsets the metabolic rate so they start burning up fat hence the weight lose. He weighed him but actually his weight was fairly normal so he was stout to begin with. He also took a blood sample and said he would ring us in an hour - actually we had barely got home when he rang.
    No diabetes thankfully but he has got feline hyperthyroid so we set off again for the vets to collect the meds.
    Ronnie has a liquid meds which I've got to squirt into his mouth twice a day and gradually after 3 weeks he will start to plump up again.

(it made me wonder how long it would take to diagnosis and treat humans with the same condition )
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 17th Apr 18, 5:44 PM
    • 2,616 Posts
    • 42,925 Thanks
    izzy65
    quoted pip but see she has tried dyson, omg Auto correct!!!55357;!!!56834;

Just back from the vets. Ronnie our oldest cat has been steadily getting thinner since Christmas although otherwise still his normal alpha male self. It occurred to me during the night that my mum went stick thin when her thyroid was over active so I googled and Ronnie fitted the pattern.

We have a fabulous vet who must be nearly 80 now, tried to retire but got bored so he just does 2 days a week now so our cats are only allowed to be ill on a Monday or Tuesday.

Vet checked Ronnie over, his heart rate was racing (mind you vets are scary people to cats so its no wonder) He also asked if his appetite was good (it always has been) but that and his spine protruding he said were classic indicators of an over active thyroid. He said it upsets the metabolic rate so they start burning up fat hence the weight lose. He weighed him but actually his weight was fairly normal so he was stout to begin with. He also took a blood sample and said he would ring us in an hour - actually we had barely got home when he rang.
    No diabetes thankfully but he has got feline hyperthyroid so we set off again for the vets to collect the meds.
    Ronnie has a liquid meds which I've got to squirt into his mouth twice a day and gradually after 3 weeks he will start to plump up again.

(it made me wonder how long it would take to diagnosis and treat humans with the same condition )
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Good afternoon, well the answer for me was 4 years, because the weight loss 20kg, was put down to a medication, eventually Graves!!!8217; disease was diagnosed and yea I put on the weight then
    Last edited by izzy65; 17-04-2018 at 5:46 PM.
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,719Posts Today

5,975Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin