Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,442Posts
    • 36,750Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1547
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 17th Apr 18, 10:09 AM
    • 916 Posts
    • 12,548 Thanks
    sarahskint
    off to get changed before work, 11-2 today so not too bad! Need a glitch on custard please - down to 2 tins left!!
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 17th Apr 18, 10:16 AM
    • 3,712 Posts
    • 21,124 Thanks
    mrs lds
    off to get changed before work, 11-2 today so not too bad! Need a glitch on custard please - down to 2 tins left!!
    Originally posted by sarahskint
    When do sd have their reductions? Tia
    • gocat
    • By gocat 17th Apr 18, 10:53 AM
    • 5,112 Posts
    • 59,691 Thanks
    gocat
    Morning all

OH seems to have just about passed fitness to fly test yesterday which I posted about. So now 2 flights to Malaysia booked. Dreading it in a way but he's determined as wants to see elderly relatives. DD who lives in Oz is going there at the same time with her OH.
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 17th Apr 18, 11:08 AM
    • 2,517 Posts
    • 38,480 Thanks
    wendyak
    Morning all

OH seems to have just about passed fitness to fly test yesterday which I posted about. So now 2 flights to Malaysia booked. Dreading it in a way but he's determined as wants to see elderly relatives. DD who lives in Oz is going there at the same time with her OH.
    Originally posted by gocat
    They have oxygen on board and can administer if he feels ill. Also you can get a portable machine to take on board if needed.
    I don't know how advanced it is but my father was in a very advanced state and had all these facilities on board.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 17th Apr 18, 11:30 AM
    • 9,777 Posts
    • 150,924 Thanks
    MKS
    Womble for Savvy

7 items (16 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Nesquik Strawberry Milkshake Mix (300g) 1.50 1.50
    1x Birds Eye 8 Crispy Battered Fish Fingers (224g) 1.00 1.47
    1x ASDA Sliced Carrots (1kg) 0.95 N/A
    1x ASDA Spaghetti (500g) 0.45 0.61
    1x ASDA Mashed Potato (900g) 1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) 1.09 1.09
    1x ASDA 12 Yorkshire Puddings (230g) 0.85 1.00
    1x Maryland Mini Choc Chip 6 Snack Packs (6x25g) 1.00 1.00
    1x Dalepak Gammon Grills (4x85g) 1.25 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price 6 Eggs (6pk) 0.70 0.70
    1x ASDA Smooth Bolognese Pasta Sauce (500g) 0.75 0.83
    2x Pot Noodle King Original Curry (114g) 2.00 2.76
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Beef Mince (Typically Less Than 20% Fat) (500g) 1.69 N/A
    1x Fox's Party Rings (125g) 0.50 0.50
    1x ASDA Smart Price Orange Juice from Concentrate (1lt) 0.69 0.55
    1x Silver Spoon Granulated Sugar (500g) 0.54 0.50
    2x Pepsi Diet (1.5l) 2.00 N/A
    1x Lyons Viscount Mint Cream (98g) 0.55 0.50
    1x Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturising Conditioner (400ml) 2.00 2.00
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection 8 Reduced Fat Smoked Bacon Medallions (250g) 2.15 N/A
    1x ASDA 4 Quarter Pounder Beef Burgers (454g) 2.35 2.35
    1x Albert Bartlett Rooster Chunky Chips (1.2kg) 2.00 N/A
    1x Herbal Essences Moroccan My Shine Shampoo (400ml) 2.00 2.00
    2x Hydra8 Sugar Free Lemon & Lime Bottles (4x500) 2.00 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) 17.97 19.36
    cheaper +1.39
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 17th Apr 18, 11:38 AM
    • 7,123 Posts
    • 58,952 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Nicky price increase!
    The 18 pack has increased in price by 50p!
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    So after I noticed the price increase of Nicky at Home Bargains yesterday, I had a look at Savers and Farm Foods today only to find they're the same.

Farm Foods

Savers

I noticed the "Little Duck, So Soft" packs, has anyone tried these?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • underperky
    • By underperky 17th Apr 18, 11:42 AM
    • 5,042 Posts
    • 64,159 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning every one ....as it is my 60th next week I have booked to go to New York for 8 days ......... turning into a pensioner disgracefully
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 17th Apr 18, 12:01 PM
    • 7,123 Posts
    • 58,952 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Looks like Gweggs app giving a free Coke Zero, just received an email about it.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 17th Apr 18, 12:04 PM
    • 14,925 Posts
    • 256,261 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Good on your All for getting up & flying places

Fourp refusing to fly but a week in Tenby will be good if the weather is warm & sunny in September

His results yesterday were excellent. His heart rate is now down to 106
    Keep taking the tablets
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 17th Apr 18, 12:40 PM
    • 2,666 Posts
    • 29,766 Thanks
    curl girl
    So after I noticed the price increase of Nicky at Home Bargains yesterday, I had a look at Savers and Farm Foods today only to find they're the same.

Farm Foods

Savers

I noticed the "Little Duck, So Soft" packs, has anyone tried these?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    No not yet but will try at 3 for 10
    Thanks for posting
    Afternoon peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 17th Apr 18, 1:13 PM
    • 1,708 Posts
    • 23,674 Thanks
    Saversue
    Just noticed something I like about the new blue version of the Elite I have been changed over to.
    When I press Thank You, which is in green a banner shoots out saying Glad You Like It

Bought a Lavazza Milk Frother a few days ago from Tesco,, have been after one for ages.
    A lonely one on the shelf the colour I wanted, reduced to 7.49 from 39.99. Just said clearance..
    It's brilliant, can now make coffee in Dolce Gusto and have frothy milk on top, hate that milk power that you can buy with the pods.
    Or use it with filter coffee. Love it.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 17th Apr 18, 2:12 PM
    • 20,204 Posts
    • 264,192 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Heinz soup glitch (and maybe other brands in 5 for 3) possibly back on today? For one day only.

Heinz soups have lost their mbuy again on A online. Are they still 5 for 3 instore today as they went from 5 for 3 to 95p (when we bought them as they were 5 for 3 instore) to 5 for 3 online and have now gone back to 95p?

It seems the offer was rolled over, as one of my stores put it back onto the SELs on the afternoon we were buying (they were 5 for 3 instore throughout that day of course as originally due to end the day after) and the mbuy reappeared online after we bought. It seems conceivable that there could be a 5 for 3 instore in A today and that the offer could be ending in A tomorrow as I note the 5 for 3 in M (obviously according to online as I have no clue from instore) is valid until today.

Not that I need any more Heinz soups at the moment.

The A offer may be ending generally as items other than the Heinz 400g soups are also, it seems, showing straight prices online. There could be other items in the offer (if it exists as I suspect it does) that may now have good comparisons against elsewhere - I do not know whether or what competitor prices may have changed between last week and now and no time to check.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 17-04-2018 at 2:17 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 17th Apr 18, 3:42 PM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 36,662 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I have just been and checked 3 other bags and found my driving licence in the zip pocket of the last one.

It was huge bag can't remember where on earth I took it to need transferring my licence from my usual handbag.

I guess it will come to me at some point...

I know DM it's my age.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Might be worth scanning it or taking a photo of it and keeping a copy on your phone and hard drive. If you really lose it, it would make it easier to get another one perhaps? And sometimes people will be happy with the scan of your licence. I use the Stocard app on my iphone to store cards. A John Lewis SA told me about it and he could scan my JL card from the app.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 17th Apr 18, 3:44 PM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 36,662 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Good morning every one ....as it is my 60th next week I have booked to go to New York for 8 days ......... turning into a pensioner disgracefully
    Originally posted by underperky
    My 60th is in June and I have bought myself a piano to celebrate! I just wish I could afford to retire...

Benefits of being 60:
    • free prescriptions and eye tests
    • Boots Advantage card extra points
    • Railcard
    • If in London, free tube and bus travel I think
    • National Trust pensioner rate (but join the Scottish NT instead as it is cheaper)

What have I missed?
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Apr 18, 3:47 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 34,033 Thanks
    pippo
    Originally posted by underperky
    Well done you!

When people question my sometimes weird hair colours I just tell them that I'm growing old disgracefully!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Apr 18, 3:56 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 34,033 Thanks
    pippo
    Crikey, well quiet today!
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 17th Apr 18, 4:05 PM
    • 5,436 Posts
    • 65,068 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• pippo
    • By pippo 17th Apr 18, 4:06 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 34,033 Thanks
    pippo
    Well the dusting, decorating etc continues!!

The grumpy one has now b@ggered my Dyson stick thing, He has an adversion to using the big old Dyson monster.
    No probs I thought yesterday, we haven't had it that long.... can I heck find any trace of where or when I bought it I know I can be dizzy at times, but even if I hadn't filed the receipt we should still have the instruction leaflet... nowhere to be found!
    If I buy online I always keep copies of the relevant paperwork... 2 hours searching... no!
    My neighbour, who borrowed it once says 'you had a voucher when you bought it'... that hasn't helped!

Local 'strange but good' Dyson repairman won't touch it so off to contact dyson!
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 17th Apr 18, 4:07 PM
    • 5,436 Posts
    • 65,068 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    The Tesco.net email address service will be closed down on 27 June - if you've got one of these accounts you'll need to move to an alternative provider.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 17th Apr 18, 4:22 PM
    • 3,642 Posts
    • 37,614 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Well the dusting, decorating etc continues!!

The grumpy one has now b@ggered my Dyson stick thing, He has an adversion to using the big old Dyson monster.
    No probs I thought yesterday, we haven't had it that long.... can I heck find any trace of where or when I bought it I know I can be dizzy at times, but even if I hadn't filed the receipt we should still have the instruction leaflet... nowhere to be found!
    If I buy online I always keep copies of the relevant paperwork... 2 hours searching... no!
    My neighbour, who borrowed it once says 'you had a voucher when you bought it'... that hasn't helped!

Local 'strange but good' Dyson repairman won't touch it so off to contact dyson!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Check your ebay history, if you ever buy from ebay because the Dyson shop have had some good discounts or tesco direct have had them on offer a few times. HTH.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of e verything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 11.5lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

555Posts Today

5,580Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin