Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,660Posts
    • 37,103Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1547
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 17th Apr 18, 1:13 PM
    • 1,729 Posts
    • 23,853 Thanks
    Saversue
    Just noticed something I like about the new blue version of the Elite I have been changed over to.
    When I press Thank You, which is in green a banner shoots out saying Glad You Like It

Bought a Lavazza Milk Frother a few days ago from Tesco,, have been after one for ages.
    A lonely one on the shelf the colour I wanted, reduced to 7.49 from 39.99. Just said clearance..
    It's brilliant, can now make coffee in Dolce Gusto and have frothy milk on top, hate that milk power that you can buy with the pods.
    Or use it with filter coffee. Love it.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 17th Apr 18, 2:12 PM
    • 20,427 Posts
    • 266,072 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Heinz soup glitch (and maybe other brands in 5 for 3) possibly back on today? For one day only.

Heinz soups have lost their mbuy again on A online. Are they still 5 for 3 instore today as they went from 5 for 3 to 95p (when we bought them as they were 5 for 3 instore) to 5 for 3 online and have now gone back to 95p?

It seems the offer was rolled over, as one of my stores put it back onto the SELs on the afternoon we were buying (they were 5 for 3 instore throughout that day of course as originally due to end the day after) and the mbuy reappeared online after we bought. It seems conceivable that there could be a 5 for 3 instore in A today and that the offer could be ending in A tomorrow as I note the 5 for 3 in M (obviously according to online as I have no clue from instore) is valid until today.

Not that I need any more Heinz soups at the moment.

The A offer may be ending generally as items other than the Heinz 400g soups are also, it seems, showing straight prices online. There could be other items in the offer (if it exists as I suspect it does) that may now have good comparisons against elsewhere - I do not know whether or what competitor prices may have changed between last week and now and no time to check.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 17-04-2018 at 2:17 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 704-707 inclusive; "Buy in M": post 707 onwards.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 17th Apr 18, 3:42 PM
    • 3,807 Posts
    • 37,213 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I have just been and checked 3 other bags and found my driving licence in the zip pocket of the last one.

It was huge bag can't remember where on earth I took it to need transferring my licence from my usual handbag.

I guess it will come to me at some point...

I know DM it's my age.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Might be worth scanning it or taking a photo of it and keeping a copy on your phone and hard drive. If you really lose it, it would make it easier to get another one perhaps? And sometimes people will be happy with the scan of your licence. I use the Stocard app on my iphone to store cards. A John Lewis SA told me about it and he could scan my JL card from the app.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 17th Apr 18, 3:44 PM
    • 3,807 Posts
    • 37,213 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Good morning every one ....as it is my 60th next week I have booked to go to New York for 8 days ......... turning into a pensioner disgracefully
    Originally posted by underperky
    My 60th is in June and I have bought myself a piano to celebrate! I just wish I could afford to retire...

Benefits of being 60:
    • free prescriptions and eye tests
    • Boots Advantage card extra points
    • Railcard
    • If in London, free tube and bus travel I think
    • National Trust pensioner rate (but join the Scottish NT instead as it is cheaper)

What have I missed?
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Apr 18, 3:47 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 35,734 Thanks
    pippo
    Good morning every one ....as it is my 60th next week I have booked to go to New York for 8 days ......... turning into a pensioner disgracefully
    Originally posted by underperky
    Well done you!

When people question my sometimes weird hair colours I just tell them that I'm growing old disgracefully!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Apr 18, 3:56 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 35,734 Thanks
    pippo
    Crikey, well quiet today!
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 17th Apr 18, 4:05 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• pippo
    • By pippo 17th Apr 18, 4:06 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 35,734 Thanks
    pippo
    Well the dusting, decorating etc continues!!

The grumpy one has now b@ggered my Dyson stick thing, He has an adversion to using the big old Dyson monster.
    No probs I thought yesterday, we haven't had it that long.... can I heck find any trace of where or when I bought it I know I can be dizzy at times, but even if I hadn't filed the receipt we should still have the instruction leaflet... nowhere to be found!
    If I buy online I always keep copies of the relevant paperwork... 2 hours searching... no!
    My neighbour, who borrowed it once says 'you had a voucher when you bought it'... that hasn't helped!

Local 'strange but good' Dyson repairman won't touch it so off to contact dyson!
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 17th Apr 18, 4:07 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    The Tesco.net email address service will be closed down on 27 June - if you've got one of these accounts you'll need to move to an alternative provider.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 17th Apr 18, 4:22 PM
    • 3,907 Posts
    • 39,874 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts

The grumpy one has now b@ggered my Dyson stick thing, He has an adversion to using the big old Dyson monster.
    No probs I thought yesterday, we haven't had it that long.... can I heck find any trace of where or when I bought it I know I can be dizzy at times, but even if I hadn't filed the receipt we should still have the instruction leaflet... nowhere to be found!
    If I buy online I always keep copies of the relevant paperwork... 2 hours searching... no!
    My neighbour, who borrowed it once says 'you had a voucher when you bought it'... that hasn't helped!

Local 'strange but good' Dyson repairman won't touch it so off to contact dyson!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Check your ebay history, if you ever buy from ebay because the Dyson shop have had some good discounts or tesco direct have had them on offer a few times. HTH.
    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations
    Froctober 0.00 NSD 0/31
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 17th Apr 18, 4:31 PM
    • 20,061 Posts
    • 213,158 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

Would you have mentioned it on here when you got it? Is it worth searching to see if you did?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 17th Apr 18, 4:37 PM
    • 546 Posts
    • 23,010 Thanks
    pandoraskids

Did you register it online with Dyson? Mine packed up recently, couldn't find receipt but checked on Dyson website and it was still within the 5 year warranty so they came out and fixed it, no problem
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • juju17
    • By juju17 17th Apr 18, 4:43 PM
    • 1,033 Posts
    • 13,966 Thanks
    juju17
    My 60th is in June and I have bought myself a piano to celebrate! I just wish I could afford to retire...

Benefits of being 60:
    • free prescriptions and eye tests
    • Boots Advantage card extra points
    • Railcard
    • If in London, free tube and bus travel I think
    • National Trust pensioner rate (but join the Scottish NT instead as it is cheaper)

What have I missed?
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    B&Q diamond club thingy...wednesday 10% discount....would save me having to find a random oldie in store...like I will have to tomorrow to get my discount as got a big purchase to make.
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 17th Apr 18, 4:43 PM
    • 52,920 Posts
    • 628,287 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 lb
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 17th Apr 18, 4:57 PM
    • 318 Posts
    • 2,661 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Crikey, well quiet today!
    I am here lurking, I'm just never too sure what to say!

Well, I was here....I need to go now!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Apr 18, 5:01 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 35,734 Thanks
    pippo
    Check your ebay history, if you ever buy from ebay because the Dyson shop have had some good discounts or tesco direct have had them on offer a few times. HTH.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts

Did that ..

I've spoken to Dyson, they say it is out of guarantee!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Apr 18, 5:04 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 35,734 Thanks
    pippo
    B&Q diamond club thingy...wednesday 10% discount....would save me having to find a random oldie in store...like I will have to tomorrow to get my discount as got a big purchase to make.
    Originally posted by juju17
    many years ago my late brother lived with both our mam and his MIL... He proposed setting them both up with deckchairs and a flask in B&Q car park and renting them out!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Apr 18, 5:06 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 35,734 Thanks
    pippo
    I am here lurking, I'm just never too sure what to say!

Well, I was here....I need to go now!
    Originally posted by Freewheeling
    Hi Freew,
    Just say anything that comes into your head... that's what most of us do and we get along fine.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 17th Apr 18, 5:08 PM
    • 3,438 Posts
    • 35,734 Thanks
    pippo
    Afternoon all
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Bubbs, I have replied to you 3 times... the post have vanished!!!
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 17th Apr 18, 5:11 PM
    • 2,467 Posts
    • 29,708 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    O3 Nerd
    I probably missed someone else posting this, but coughee offer on all week, but can only be redeemed ONCE.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

28Posts Today

3,355Users online

Martin's Twitter