Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,597Posts
    • 37,037Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 1541
    • Bargaingeek
    • By Bargaingeek 16th Apr 18, 3:13 PM
    • 128 Posts
    • 1,831 Thanks
    Bargaingeek
    The holiday toiletries work out at 40p for the 1.50 v 1.00 ones and the Aussie Shampoo and conditioner worked out at 62p ! Not the best bargain but if you need it anyway for hols it is a saving !

Hello all, can someone please tell me if wine is still working? And travel toiletries how much do they work out?
    Originally posted by Dax1978
    • redfox
    • By redfox 16th Apr 18, 3:18 PM
    • 13,597 Posts
    • 37,037 Thanks
    redfox
    redfox, I have tried to change back to the old version but when I press save changes, it doesn't. What else can I do? tia
    Originally posted by MKS
    I don't know why it won't save the changes because it should. I'll ask one of the forum team for you.
    Originally posted by redfox
    I have sent you a PM about this
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Tony77_77
    • By Tony77_77 16th Apr 18, 3:19 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Tony77_77
    Annuities
    In 2014 I purchased an annuity with Scottish Widows, I had 70,749.00 from my St Ives pension. As I was no longer working for the company I was given a couple of options , the one I took was a cash sum of 17,687.25. The amount used to purchase annuity was 53,061.75. I receive 214.59 -42.80 tax, net paid 171.79. I feel that I am not getting value for money and could put the lump sum to better use. I was hoping you could give me some advice as I can't see where to start a new thread or maybe you could post this for me. Kind Regards
    Tony Webb
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 16th Apr 18, 3:28 PM
    • 27,958 Posts
    • 384,483 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Well I'm off to get ready for an evening out with DD3.

Didn't expect that this morning, thanks to whoever the OP was who originally mentioned SFF to the Elite as I had never heard of them and have had some really good cinema freebies from them and some good shows for next to nothing.

I'll leave you with a choon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqSww10eeKw

Hope it's not standing tickets...
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 16th Apr 18, 3:30 PM
    • 27,958 Posts
    • 384,483 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Oh Bella emails there is a link to win one of 2500 free 3 course meals for two on 30th April in the latest one.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 16th Apr 18, 3:50 PM
    • 2,689 Posts
    • 50,078 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    Hello all, can someone please tell me if wine is still working? And travel toiletries how much do they work out?
    Originally posted by Dax1978
    Hi there are a few wines and champagnes still on 3 4 2 in sada which still work as I posted the Heidseck blue top this morning as it worked, I did post a list last week but can't remember what was on it anymore, probably not the answer you wanted but ...
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Apr 18, 3:53 PM
    • 29,876 Posts
    • 428,904 Thanks
    tweets
    In 2014 I purchased an annuity with Scottish Widows, I had 70,749.00 from my St Ives pension. As I was no longer working for the company I was given a couple of options , the one I took was a cash sum of 17,687.25. The amount used to purchase annuity was 53,061.75. I receive 214.59 -42.80 tax, net paid 171.79. I feel that I am not getting value for money and could put the lump sum to better use. I was hoping you could give me some advice as I can't see where to start a new thread or maybe you could post this for me. Kind Regards
    Tony Webb
    Originally posted by Tony77_77
    Think you need to post on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning Board
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 16th Apr 18, 3:53 PM
    • 1,719 Posts
    • 23,766 Thanks
    Saversue
    [QUOTE=Tinyshoes;74169109]Well I'm off to get ready for an evening out with DD3.

Didn't expect that this morning, thanks to whoever the OP was who originally mentioned SFF to the Elite as I had never heard of them and have had some really good cinema freebies from them and some good shows for next to nothing.

Hope you enjoy. Who is SFF please?
    • juju17
    • By juju17 16th Apr 18, 4:08 PM
    • 1,028 Posts
    • 13,926 Thanks
    juju17
    saversue....showfilmfirst
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 16th Apr 18, 4:11 PM
    • 16,799 Posts
    • 282,041 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    *message body removed*
    Originally posted by Tony77_77
    You would be better off posting this on the Pensions board - i have sent you a PM with a link to the board and instructions on how to create a thread

I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 16th Apr 18, 4:12 PM
    • 1,719 Posts
    • 23,766 Thanks
    Saversue
    saversue....showfilmfirst
    Originally posted by juju17

Thanks, of course - going to hide head in shame !!!
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Apr 18, 4:20 PM
    • 29,876 Posts
    • 428,904 Thanks
    tweets
    You would be better off posting this on the Pensions board - i have sent you a PM with a link to the board and instructions on how to create a thread

Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Thanks I did try and help
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • Dax1978
    • By Dax1978 16th Apr 18, 4:21 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 272 Thanks
    Dax1978
    Sorry been away and not sure what's going on?
    • pippo
    • By pippo 16th Apr 18, 4:22 PM
    • 3,394 Posts
    • 35,374 Thanks
    pippo
    Check emails!
    5 off wys 10 - TCB
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Apr 18, 4:25 PM
    • 29,876 Posts
    • 428,904 Thanks
    tweets
    Saversue

Found it by searching hope you get your smillies back.
    Sorry I couldn't search this morning .

Click on your username.

Then click on send message - send private message.

Look on left and scroll down to Edit Options which is in Settings and Options.

Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options , then under Message Editor Interface change this to either Basic Editor - A simple text box or Extra formatting controls.

Scroll down and save changes

Close page and reopen thread and you should now have smillies.
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 16th Apr 18, 5:06 PM
    • 17,565 Posts
    • 212,131 Thanks
    mhoc
    I don't know if it has been mentioned on here but Mum and I had 75 points when you buy shampoo in Boots and their cheapest one is 75p making it free. Don't try and use another coupon, eg double points as it didn't work for me, I suspect because it doubles the normal points which are not given when you get bonus points like this. I did both our shops on Saturday.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    Yes I've got one - thanks for the reminder
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 16th Apr 18, 5:10 PM
    • 17,565 Posts
    • 212,131 Thanks
    mhoc
    Check your COS for new freebies

I went to the Co-op to get the hippeas and Amstel - I knew my store had restocked the Hippeas but sadly no Amstrel.
    I did though get a coupon till spit, 25p off milk products - annoying when the milk has gone up 10p this week
    JUst wondering if the Starbucks latte which is on COS with 70p cashback counts as a milk product

I was en route to Morrisons so I got the Amstrel from there - we don't have a single bottle left in the house now, huge backlog of free beer and free cider at one stage, even around Christmas but all that's left now is 3 Happy Downs and 4 cans of the whisky ginger mix

Both accounts are now just over twenty and ready to withdraw but I am dithering slightly incase more freebies appear in the next day or two.
    Also just reached the level to get 5 paypal from shoppix so a good start to the week.
    Last edited by mhoc; 16-04-2018 at 6:48 PM.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 16th Apr 18, 5:12 PM
    • 2,372 Posts
    • 28,929 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Travel toiletries on 3 for 2 working A V S 7.94 APG !
    Obviously the Sure, Head & Shoulders and the Listerine didn't compare but the other were fine !

11 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison
    AsdaSainsbury's

1x Sure Women Crystal Invisible Black & White Aerosol Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Compressed (75ml)1.79N/A

1x Listerine Antibacterial Mouthwash Stay White Arctic Mint (95ml)1.50N/A

1x Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey (70cl)25.0025.00

1x Aussie Miracle Moist Conditioner For Dry,Really Thirsty Hair (90ml)2.201.50

1x ASDA Whole Milk (2pt)0.790.80

1x ASDA Skimmed Milk (2pt)0.790.80

1x Sanex Moisturising Shower Gel for Normal to Dry Skin (50ml)1.501.00

3x Lynx Africa Body Spray (35ml)4.503.00

2x Original Source Mini Mint & Tea Tree Shower (50ml)3.002.00

1x Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo For Dry,Really Thirsty Hair (90ml)2.201.50

2x Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (90ml)3.00N/A

Comparison total (compared products only)39.98 35.60

+4.38cheaper
    Originally posted by Bargaingeek
    Maybe these would also be useful for re-use, 12 for 3.59 free P&P
    50ml

Good find.

There are also these re-useable bottles/tubs (remember to label them in case you mistake hair cream for toothpaste.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prochive-Transparent-Toiletries-Containers-Conditioner/dp/B07B3N2JV2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1523894328&sr=8-4&keywords=small+screw+top+bottles
    3.59 for 12, free postage

And these for toothpaste etc, or bigger ones for poo etc

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sunpet-Storage-Canisters-Plastic-Small/dp/B0078NQR40/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1523894993&sr=1-1&keywords=small%2Bscrew%2Btop%2Bplastic%2Btub&th= 1
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 16th Apr 18, 5:45 PM
    • 17,565 Posts
    • 212,131 Thanks
    mhoc
    Check emails!
    5 off wys 10 - TCB
    Originally posted by pippo
    sadly no emails for me and nothing obvious on the accounts.
    I missed the Easter 2.50 bonus as well

I've been getting odd bits for cashback so even the dormant accounts have some activity on them so I expect that explains why ...
    • Anon
    • By Anon 16th Apr 18, 6:02 PM
    • 13,103 Posts
    • 147,320 Thanks
    Anon
    Check your COS for new freebies

I went to the Co-op to get the hippeas and Amstel - I knew my store had restocked the Hippeas but sadly no Amstrel.
    I did though get a coupin till spit, 25p off milk products - annoying when the milk has gone up 10p this week
    JUst wondering if the Starbucks latte which is on COS with 70p cashback counts as a milk product

Both accounts are now just over twenty and ready to withdraw but I am ditheting slightly incase more freebies appear in the next day or two.
    Also just reached the level to get 5 paypal from shoppix so a good start to the week.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    OMG free lager .

... and free sausage from T too .

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 16-04-2018 at 6:26 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

675Posts Today

6,762Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin